Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:59:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Roll Call 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Roll Call  (Read 35122 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

on: December 24, 2005, 02:58:58 PM

Anyone currently playing?  If so what character and what server?  I will probably reroll an evil character and do the crazy betrayal quest again.  Wheeeeeeee!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 06:04:48 PM

I've got toons on Blackburrow and Faydark

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 06:11:34 PM

I am currently on Steamfont, primary character is Jeboob.  Yes, the random name generator came up with that. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Gorky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 10:55:36 PM

Have all my toons on Najena, 45 Swashie, 25 Warlock, 23 Warden, 21 Necro, 17 Bard going Dirge and 12 predator going ranger... yes I have terminal altosis (not to be confused with Halitosis)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: December 25, 2005, 04:33:46 PM

Signe, Midden on Steamfont.  Fleas (Righ) also on Steamfont because why would he go to some other server if I was on Steamfont?   undecided  Why?

I believe that it was randomly generated because Righ got "Anal" on why of his rolls.  Now if it were Paelos who had said that, I wouldn't believe it for a minute!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #5 on: December 25, 2005, 06:24:04 PM

I am doing betrayal quest once again even as we speak.  Yeah, I am a glutton for punishment :D. 

schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: December 25, 2005, 09:21:01 PM

I may very well start playing again somewhere around the New Year. I enjoyed it while I was playing. Moving across the country and then being away from it for 3 weeks made me just not care.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #7 on: December 27, 2005, 06:45:37 AM

The grind is gone from this game if you look. I just went from 44 to 47 in about 20 hours /played over the course of a month. If that isn't casual, I don't know what is. I was grouped 70% of the time - half of that in pickups - and I don't tradeskill ever. However, my character is flat broke as casual adventuring doesn't generate enough cash for meaningful upgrades. I am surviving on higher level guildies throwing me their trash.

Oh, and since this is a roll call thread I play on Permafrost as Nitz Hairspritz, 47 zerk.

I have never played WoW.
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 07:36:03 PM

Because you dolts need a priest and I'm just really desperate, I'm playing on Steamfont and I'll be on as either Mockery or Kiyria

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 08:51:03 PM

Well, if anyone wants to join a guild full of littlings, we're on Steamfont. I think the highest member is 16 (bunch of defunct higher members in the guild though). I plan on sticking this out at least through February as no new games come out til the 3rd-4th week of that month. Join us on our grind to victory!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 27, 2005, 10:44:47 PM

Were my daughter not here, I'd join you.  Though I have to admit that days on the slopes followed by nights of board games does beat the mmog grind.

If you're still playing on Jan 5th, I may join you... but I'm not optimistic that you'll last that long.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: December 27, 2005, 10:57:23 PM

Are you asking for a challenge? I'll last that long just to game with you.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 28, 2005, 12:06:29 AM

I resubbed to CoH/CoV and lasted about 2 weeks.  I'm not optimistic that I'd last longer than a week in EQ2 myself.  Especially on a second go at it.

I was planning to give atitd another go when the 3rd telling starts... but the grind there has me reconsidering. Someone make a game that doesn't bore me after 2 weeks.  Is that too much to ask?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 28, 2005, 06:02:09 AM

I am considering the resub.  If I do it will be the first time I've resubbed twice to a game.

EQII, for me anyway, has a nagging, "There is almost something there that I like." thing to it.  Now if only they could figure out what that it is and go with it.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #14 on: December 28, 2005, 06:32:18 AM

Because you dolts need a priest and I'm just really desperate, I'm playing on Steamfont and I'll be on as either Mockery or Kiyria

Huzzah!   Heart

Well, if anyone wants to join a guild full of littlings, we're on Steamfont. I think the highest member is 16 (bunch of defunct higher members in the guild though). I plan on sticking this out at least through February as no new games come out til the 3rd-4th week of that month. Join us on our grind to victory!

I do have a level 23ish rat boy mage; but I am sticking with my 16 rogue troll dude. 

I am considering the resub.  If I do it will be the first time I've resubbed twice to a game.

EQII, for me anyway, has a nagging, "There is almost something there that I like." thing to it.  Now if only they could figure out what that it is and go with it.

Not sure when you quit, but lemme give you a brief run down on some of the changes.

First off the combat is a lot different.  Think Star Wars Galaxies combat changes, but without the suck.  They altered the core mechanics so there are more group encounters, yet solo players can also get the XP easily.  Asian character models were added as well;  shit, the first question out of Schilds mouth to me was about this.  Skills received an amazing overhaul as well.  Finally, quests are easier to find and are worth more XP.  On your map/radar a circle appears when you are near a quest NPC.  Such a small change, but it gives me a throbbing hard on.

There are tons of little changes as well; for example TS now has a griffin station.

All in all I am going to give EQ2 a 8/10.  Once PvP is implemented this may go up.

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 28, 2005, 07:19:04 AM

All of my chars are on Grobb.

Main chars at the moment are 58 Swashbuckler, 34 Conjuror, and a just started 21 Warden.

I was nicely surprised with the newbie experience (at least on Grobb). I started getting group offers around level 11 and continue to probably get a tell every 30 minutes or so from a group looking for a healer.

Even with minimal vitality I've managed to reach level 21 in around 14 hours /played.

I really wish they would start new characters off with 100% vitality though. I was tempted to start the new character and then not play him for a week in order to build vitality up.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #16 on: December 28, 2005, 08:34:37 AM

They altered the core mechanics so there are more group encounters, yet solo players can also get the XP easily.
Hey! Table scraps! I love 'em!
Finally, quests are easier to find and are worth more XP.  On your map/radar a circle appears when you are near a quest NPC.
Ok, that's a much needed change.
All in all I am going to give EQ2 a 8/10. Once PvP is implemented this may go up.
You group a lot, eh? And have a higher level character with good gear, or you wouldn't see pvp as a positive.

My characters are on Lucan D'Lere because I'm a dirty arpeer. But I'm also a solo player, so you will probably never see me on. Lvl 17 or 18 Not-Necro and a lvl 19 Not-SK, plus about 3 or 4 lvl 6 folks that got stuck on the orc quest on the newbie Isle.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 28, 2005, 08:54:15 AM

plus about 3 or 4 lvl 6 folks that got stuck on the orc quest on the newbie Isle.

In case you didn't know you don't have to complete the orc quest on the newbie isle. You really don't need to complete any quests other than the first that gives you your class. Just go talk to the guys by the docks and they send you on your way.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: December 28, 2005, 09:08:43 AM

Yeah, I know. I like to actually play the games I pay for rather than just pass stuff by. It's why I don't pay for EQ2 (well, I do have the station pass, I guess). It's not that I don't mind grouping for the occasional quest like that, in fact I probably grouped more on the Isle than in any game besides playing EQ with a couple rl pals back when. I just had a hard time finding groups when those characters were ready and got tired of waiting around, as I hate waiting around irl, let alone in a game (part of my anti-grouping bias). I was a little OCD about being a completist on the Isle, it was a great minigame.

Still remember the difference upgrading my spells made (via crafting, when crafting gave you auto-results instead of being dependent on the components, because I could barely make most components and it was a drag crafting a gajillion things without worrying about quality), I was able to solo the boss group in the tree after doing that. It was a wee bit too tough beforehand, but easy after.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #19 on: December 29, 2005, 08:13:45 PM

I'd play if I didn't have to buy the box up front.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #20 on: December 29, 2005, 10:12:22 PM

Ill have my main back into the guild soon as I finish off one mother fucking mob.  The infamous "Dancoed of the Pine" may not be the worst game mechanic ever introduced, but it was enough for me to slam my fucking mouse down and terminate the game immediately (fuck camping, control + F4 pwnage).

Seriously, I spent my first hour roaming around Bramble Woods looking for this elusive son of a bitch.  Then I got annoyed, and utilized google.  Guess what?  Not a single pair of people, current or past, agree on when and how this Nessie fucking spawns. 

So 30 more minutes flipping between websites and roaming around some more (I am a rogue, praise the Goddess, and would of ripped my own eyes out if it was not for tracking).  Nothing.

So I wander around some more, pull my pud, contemplate reality, pet my cat, and watch The View.  Finally I got fed up and went to kill some stuff elsewhere for a half hour.  I return, and guess what!!!  Nirvana.  Its Dancoed!

Only he is level 17 Heroic, with 3 up arrows.  I am stuck at level 17 until I can kill this piece of shit embryonic leakage.  So we begin the PUG dance!!! Lets see what winners we can find to help us today!  A level 13 rogue and a 15 cleric.  Fabulous.  After a half hour the 15 cleric mentions he would not mind bringing on his 34 alt.  Wonderful!  Now we wait for him to recall to town, go to his house, switch his character, and come running from the TS.

I bet you can guess what happened.  Seriously, I wish I would of had the frame of mind to get a screen shot.  Mr. Shiny blade ass kicker is like 2 screens away when Dancoed goes "poof."  Well the websites I read earlier were correct about one thing: Dancoed despawns on some sort of arbitrary measure.

Its a good thing I am mentally unbalanced and a catass to boot; I swear 4 or 5 more situations like this and I may even roll an Elf!

Thanks for letting me vent.  Believe me, this was the short version. 

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #21 on: December 30, 2005, 06:22:44 AM

What's with the elf pr0n?

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #22 on: December 30, 2005, 06:40:27 AM

What's with the elf pr0n?

Its art.  And happy ending; I logged in next to Dancoed, put together a PUG, and had him resting in the dirt within 15 minutes this morning.  Anti-climatic, but Qeynos, here I come!

Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 30, 2005, 07:18:26 AM

I picked up my widdle gnomey-womey because I couldn't face the Isle of Refuge again.  Mordy the wizzie to be, guilded and rawring to go.

Oh, and the SOGA models for gnomes totally suck arse.  I selected my SOGA model at the character screen and after 10 minutes of tinkering got something that wasn't totally gay or appallingly ugly.  Log in, turn on SOGA models, and guess what?  My gnome looks like total shit.  Total, total, total shit.  Hopefully changing some graphics LoD options will fix it but what ever happened to WYSIWYG?

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: December 30, 2005, 07:47:06 AM

Fuck gnomes.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #25 on: December 30, 2005, 08:12:07 AM

Now all I need is an invite into the guild.  Signe is in game but AFK.  Doh.

Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: December 30, 2005, 09:08:54 AM

Fuck gnomes.

Says the guy with the "child-molester wearing a santa hat" avatar.  :)

I only chose it for the rising blood pressure it causes other people to suffer, and that large models in EQ cause the auto-following camera to go into apopolexic spasms when you're in a dungeon/building.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: December 30, 2005, 11:59:05 AM

Fuck gnomes.
Says the guy with the "child-molester wearing a santa hat" avatar.  :)
Oh, thank you for reminding me, time to change to a new avatar, and I think I found something in that other thread that suits me well

Edit: Aaaaah, much better evil
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 12:00:51 PM by Der Helm »

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #28 on: December 30, 2005, 12:15:16 PM

Oh, thank you for reminding me, time to change to a new avatar, and I think I found something in that other thread that suits me well

Edit: Aaaaah, much better evil

So did I.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #29 on: December 30, 2005, 12:16:44 PM

"Me am play gods"
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #30 on: December 30, 2005, 12:20:03 PM

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: December 30, 2005, 01:14:35 PM

That elf pr0n looks like he's wearing sad clown makeup.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: December 30, 2005, 06:42:17 PM

Looks like I am going to try a month or so on steamfront.

Edit: err..are people here good guys or bad guys, or does it matter?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 06:49:34 PM by Margalis »

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #33 on: December 30, 2005, 07:21:09 PM

Good guys, except for Cheddar who seems to enjoy doing the Betrayal quest.  I wanted to be bad but Freeport is horrible.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #34 on: December 30, 2005, 07:59:47 PM

Edit: I'm a retard.  And a sheep.

See me follow.

"Baaaa".
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 08:43:09 PM by MrHat »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Roll Call  
Jump to: