Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:59:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Roll Call 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Roll Call  (Read 35788 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #35 on: December 30, 2005, 09:18:12 PM

Looks like I am going to try a month or so on steamfront.

Edit: err..are people here good guys or bad guys, or does it matter?

We are all on the good side.  You CAN start as evil and switch to bad, but it is very catassy and tough.  I will help you as best I can though if you decide on this path. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 30, 2005, 09:50:39 PM

I kind of wanted to be a Bruiser but I read that that is only available in evil-ville and the betryal quest has to be done before the level where you choose that...or something. So I'll just be a monk in happy-town or something I guess.

Downloading install image 2 as I type this. Will still be a while. For only $20 why not? I was actually going to re-install FFXI mostly to try it with my new graphics card but I couldn't find my old ID written down anyplace and I got home 45 minutes after customer service closed shop for the extended weekend. So I said what the hell, might as well play EQ2 a month instead. (Not that I was going to re-sub to FFXI long term, I've just been messing around with demos and such now that I have a decent video card after a year+ of voodoo 2 hell)

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #37 on: December 30, 2005, 10:22:03 PM

Downloading install image 2 as I type this. Will still be a while. For only $20 why not?

Explain yerself.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 30, 2005, 10:27:27 PM

I am downloading from "Direct2Drive" on fileplanet.com. $20 for the full game. I think that comes with a free month. (Hopefully...I forget) If not I guess I'll put down the other $15 as well or whatever it is.

The entire download is about 3.2 gigs. Getting 200k+ per second.  (Getting 400k right now) Should be done in another 35 minutes or so.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #39 on: December 30, 2005, 10:41:55 PM

I am downloading from "Direct2Drive" on fileplanet.com. $20 for the full game. I think that comes with a free month. (Hopefully...I forget) If not I guess I'll put down the other $15 as well or whatever it is.

The entire download is about 3.2 gigs. Getting 200k+ per second.  (Getting 400k right now) Should be done in another 35 minutes or so.

I will probably still be on.  Send me a message (/t jeboob <message>) and I will get you into the F13 guild.  People are still filtering in, list thus far is:

Lt. Dan
Schild
Signe
SPT

As usual the F13 gang goes in waves.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: December 30, 2005, 10:44:34 PM

I'll be in sometime soon.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: December 30, 2005, 10:50:47 PM

That doesn't sound like a bad way to do it.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: December 30, 2005, 11:07:53 PM

That doesn't sound like a bad way to do it.

See...there is this thing called the "internet"... evil

"jeboob"? Anyway I'm almost done installing, not sure if I'll be on tonight since I still have to install + update.

schild
Administrator

Reply #43 on: December 30, 2005, 11:22:46 PM

I'll probably be playing a bit tonight. Though everyone will probably be gone by the time I get in. :P
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: December 31, 2005, 12:27:41 AM

Well I'm Klytemnestra, the ass-kicking, red-headed step child wood elf bitch.

I chose my character solely on the basis of looks.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #45 on: December 31, 2005, 05:35:49 AM

I'll probably be playing a bit tonight. Though everyone will probably be gone by the time I get in. :P

It's not that we don't love you....

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #46 on: December 31, 2005, 08:13:40 AM

I'll be in game tonight but I'll be very, very drunk.

Or that's my goal.

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #47 on: December 31, 2005, 08:38:16 AM

I'll be in game tonight but I'll be very, very drunk.

Or that's my goal.

I will probably be sober, and level 20.  I am working on crafting now, just hit 10 in crafting!  Huzzah, I love the new EQ2!!

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 31, 2005, 08:39:00 AM

lol.

I can't remember my password for MrHatStation ID.  And apparently the email is none of the 10 I tried.

(it's the ID I used for beta).

I did find my ToothlessJoePS ID though for when I tried Planetside waaaaay back in the day.

Edit: Don't you kids have Xfire yet? Get with the times!
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #49 on: January 05, 2006, 10:53:21 AM

So, do Rangers still suck?

I levelled mine till maybe 24'ish until I got tired of people educating me that "Rangers suck".  After awhile, I did get tired that my dual-wielding was no better than some thief-class, and that ranged combat (the point of being a Ranger?) was awful.  Maybe 1-2 shots then meleemeleemelee.  Any improvements?
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #50 on: January 05, 2006, 11:38:08 AM

So, do Rangers still suck?

I levelled mine till maybe 24'ish until I got tired of people educating me that "Rangers suck".  After awhile, I did get tired that my dual-wielding was no better than some thief-class, and that ranged combat (the point of being a Ranger?) was awful.  Maybe 1-2 shots then meleemeleemelee.  Any improvements?

When solo, that pretty much describes ranger gameplay, sure.  At least, I know it's like that for EQ1 rangers until very high levels+AAs, I'd guess EQ2 rangers are the same.  Grouping, tho, you can use your bow and just be a ranged fighter, like a wizard, but more armor. (and maybe less damage, I dunno)

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: January 05, 2006, 11:51:50 AM

Fuck, just got my predator up.

Gee, thanks alot!
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #52 on: January 05, 2006, 11:53:46 AM

Really, I am not that clear on it.  I had a 15ish dwarven predator I played on goodie side... he was a lot of fun to play, I thought, equivilent to WoW's Rogue class at that level range, anyway.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #53 on: January 05, 2006, 11:55:00 AM

Rangers fucking own IF you have the money to maintain legendary poisons on your arrows. They are better than Brigands and a bit lower on the dps scale than Assassins. No class takes aggro from me when I tank more than Assassins and Rangers - and then they can de-aggro like rogues in EQ1.

I have never played WoW.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: January 05, 2006, 11:55:38 AM

Eh, I was hesitant anyways.

Now, what should I be??
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: January 05, 2006, 12:23:06 PM

Eh, I was hesitant anyways.

Now, what should I be??

aye what's the Steamfont crew need?  Best thing about EQ2 Rangers was the speed buff.
schild
Administrator

Reply #56 on: January 05, 2006, 12:25:15 PM

Bat Country needs the people who aren't playing on Steamfont to roll up toons on Steamfont. We don't have a bard or many other mages afaik. We have a couple warriors and a couple priests now me thinks though.
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: January 05, 2006, 12:27:25 PM

Does one still have to go through Newbie Isle even if one if has already levelled past 20?  /pray
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: January 05, 2006, 12:27:39 PM

Bat Country needs the people who aren't playing on Steamfont to roll up toons on Steamfont. We don't have a bard or many other mages afaik. We have a couple warriors and a couple priests now me thinks though.

Hrm, I thought we needed warriors and less mages?

Now I'm confused.  Why can't I be an assassin, OH WHY.

Soln: Yes, but it takes just about 20 mins.
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: January 05, 2006, 12:32:37 PM

Soln: Yes, but it takes just about 20 mins.

awwwwwwwwwwww fug

that's 20mins of my life I shouldn't have to spend.  Like to see the design justification for that.  Last time I made an alt, I don't know what was on, but I spent nearly 2 hrs on that rock waiting for someone to help with the goddamn exit quest.  We'll see, thx.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: January 05, 2006, 12:35:34 PM

Don't have to do the orc quest.

Seriously, someone help me out.

I'm going to go petition my predator into a rogue.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #61 on: January 05, 2006, 12:36:37 PM

Don't have to do the orc quest.

Seriously, someone help me out.

I'm going to go petition my predator into a rogue.

I warned ya!  And noob isle only takes 2 minutes.

Remember Hat, going rogue means you will be a swashbuckler.  Make sure that is what you want!

edit.  Added warning.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: January 05, 2006, 12:37:28 PM

You did, I just didn't want there to be 2 swashbucklers in the guild.
schild
Administrator

Reply #63 on: January 05, 2006, 12:39:13 PM

Bard. Twist twist twist.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #64 on: January 05, 2006, 12:39:20 PM

You did, I just didn't want there to be 2 swashbucklers in the guild.

Play what makes you happy.  Seriously, we would rather you do something you enjoy, instead of roped into a class you do not.  Its one of the secrets to longevity!

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: January 05, 2006, 12:41:00 PM

Well, I love monks (except these monks have to use cestas instead of their bare fists), anything with a speed buff/stealth (rogues!).

Guess that makes me a Brigand (damn you goodie elf side!).
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: January 05, 2006, 12:55:22 PM

I'm likely to play a wizard or warlock. 

Anyone have a preference?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
schild
Administrator

Reply #67 on: January 05, 2006, 12:56:16 PM

Warlock is evil. Wizard is good.

So, wizard.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: January 05, 2006, 01:01:04 PM

Warlock is evil. Wizard is good.

So, wizard.

I recall from beta that they could be both... did that change?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: January 05, 2006, 01:22:49 PM

Soukyan is my character name. Was gonna go bard, but opted for dr00d instead. Will end up a Fury. Sorry for dropping another priest in, but schild posted the desire for music AFTER I rolled the character on Steamfont. ;)

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Roll Call  
Jump to: