Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:22:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Roll Call 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Roll Call  (Read 35789 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #70 on: January 05, 2006, 01:23:51 PM

I'm just glad you're playing.  :-D
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #71 on: January 06, 2006, 06:41:51 AM

Since I have my station pass up, I decided to roll up a guy on steamfont, an erudite mage, I guess. I skipped the tutorial and once ingame started setting up my UI...and the game crashed to the desktop. It's a sign.

Pretty game, though. Never done the Qeynos side so I might give it another whirl...at least until my SWG stint peters out.
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: January 06, 2006, 06:47:40 AM

There's a problem with Catalyst drivers - you either have to run 5.2 drivers or turn off all the shadow and lighting effects and set one of the graphics settings to -1.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #73 on: January 06, 2006, 06:50:44 AM

rolled a Bard, Oakenfold, so far grinding up in the Forest Ruins and around
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: January 07, 2006, 08:03:15 AM

There's a problem with Catalyst drivers - you either have to run 5.2 drivers or turn off all the shadow and lighting effects and set one of the graphics settings to -1.
ehh...problem with the drivers, eh? Only affects EQ2 and SWG, eh?

Yeah, it's the drivers. Or every other graphics programmer is competent, as it happens in no other game I have. This problem has been around for a year or so. Why is this kind of shit acceptable in the gaming professions, anywhere else in IT/IS, you'd be out on your ass.
schild
Administrator

Reply #75 on: January 07, 2006, 08:29:34 AM

I run the latest Omega drivers for my ATI card, I have shadows turned off because I always have shadows turned off in these games - I hate them, but everything else is at max 1680x1050.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #76 on: January 07, 2006, 12:56:43 PM

Were you scared by your shadow as a little boy?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Mi_Tes
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: January 07, 2006, 01:03:48 PM

Is there a free trial yet, or did I miss it?   Work finally slows down in a few weeks after 7 months of hell and I NEED a new game to start in a few weeks when I finish writing my last RFP for a while.

We never do anything half-assed, with us its either full-ass or no-ass!
To win is not always a victory, to lose not always a failure.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #78 on: January 07, 2006, 01:24:46 PM

Is there a free trial yet, or did I miss it?   Work finally slows down in a few weeks after 7 months of hell and I NEED a new game to start in a few weeks when I finish writing my last RFP for a while.

http://everquest2.station.sony.com/en/promotions/winback/

This will only let you play on nooblet island, and max level is 6 for the isle.  I recommend getting it; I know I am having oodles of fun.  Even when I screw Schild out of an instance! I love thinking about screwing Schild. Mmmmhmmm.

Edit.  I just got home and read what I posted, and the homoerotic undertones were unintential.  I swear!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 07:10:51 PM by Cheddar »

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
schild
Administrator

Reply #79 on: January 07, 2006, 02:53:58 PM

Don't go there, chief.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #80 on: January 08, 2006, 09:14:01 AM

I think I might come back in too.  I'm rather burned out from all the Christmas bounty of console games. 

I want to see Rivervale again for sentimental reasons ( I played a halfling in EQ1 ), then I'll probably quit again.  Doing tradeskills sort of sucked the life out of me last time, going to avoid that this time.

I will log Stopgap lvl25 Conjuror in sometime today.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: January 08, 2006, 02:04:19 PM

My sorcerer is approaching level 20.  Any advice on whether I should go warlock or wizard?  I've done some reading about the differences in the two, but am still trying to get feedback from more experienced players.

Thanks!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #82 on: January 08, 2006, 04:11:52 PM

Wizard.  Warlock sounds like they tried to make a wizard not a wizard a failed.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #83 on: January 08, 2006, 08:18:17 PM

My sorcerer is approaching level 20.  Any advice on whether I should go warlock or wizard?  I've done some reading about the differences in the two, but am still trying to get feedback from more experienced players.

Thanks!

I am honestly not sure what the difference between the two are, but I read the EQ2 forums everyday, and I can't honestly think I've ever seen anyone mention a warlock before.  I mean I hear people talk about conjurers, wizards, druids, wardens, bezerkers, monks, rogues, predators, assassins, necromancers, shadowknights, paladins, shamans, enchanters and all sorts of other classes, but never about warlocks.

If that isn't a sure sign, I don't know what is.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #84 on: January 08, 2006, 08:56:30 PM

Ookii, I sent you some armor.  I can officially make armor up to level 20 (chain and plate), so keep me informed of when you people close in on 20 and want some love (armor love)! 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #85 on: January 08, 2006, 11:09:36 PM

Are any of you even playing? I never see anyone but Schild on there. It's like you are all incognito.

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
schild
Administrator

Reply #86 on: January 08, 2006, 11:10:12 PM

Are any of you even playing? I never see anyone but Schild on there. It's like you are all incognito.

Ookii is playing right now. Maybe you are the incognito one!
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #87 on: January 08, 2006, 11:14:54 PM

No no me not incognito. Sheesh.

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: January 09, 2006, 01:51:18 AM

I played quite a bit today. Seems that I get no love at all  huh

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: January 09, 2006, 05:27:06 AM

I don't play at 2 am EST is all. Wow, you people stay up late. I'm such an old man when it comes to my bedtime. Anyhow, yes, still playing.

Ched, little housekeeping task - Wikybiky, 12 bard is my main and will be from here on out if you want to update the roster with that. You can remove the Soukyan character from the roster as I won't be wasting time on any alts. Also, I could use some armor if you feel like making some. Let me know what stuff you need to make it or what details you need. Much appreciated.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #90 on: January 09, 2006, 06:14:58 AM

Thanks!

I am honestly not sure what the difference between the two are, but I read the EQ2 forums everyday, and I can't honestly think I've ever seen anyone mention a warlock before.  I mean I hear people talk about conjurers, wizards, druids, wardens, bezerkers, monks, rogues, predators, assassins, necromancers, shadowknights, paladins, shamans, enchanters and all sorts of other classes, but never about warlocks.

If that isn't a sure sign, I don't know what is.

I had a low-20's Warlock and really enjoyed it.  You mostly have slightly different buffs, and different damage types, otherwise you're pretty much the same as a wizard.  It's mostly a flavor thing.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: January 09, 2006, 07:00:07 AM

I run the latest Omega drivers for my ATI card, I have shadows turned off because I always have shadows turned off in these games - I hate them, but everything else is at max 1680x1050.

I gave it another shot, turning textures and lights down, shadows off and shaders to -1. I'd really like to turn the rest of that stuff up again! Of course, my girl thinks it looks great anyway. But it was stable, anyway.
What card? I'll check out the Omegas, because EQ2 needs to be as shiny as possible imo. I totally friggin love shadows, though, I feel it elevates the level of immersion a whole lot. Because, you know, there are shadows irl.
homoerotic undertones
Dude, those were overtones.

I thought warlocks were a kinda half wizard/half necro. I remember in the early days thinking they split the necromancer of EQ1 into two classes, giving the more powerful spells to the warlock and the pet to the necro.

Caviglia, not-wizard on Steamfont. For at least a couple weeks until my station pass runs out. We'll see from there. Lots of nice little UI improvements imo. But then, I liked the game up through the mid teens just fine anyway...and I'm not quite there yet. My prediction: I might make 20 this time based on previous experiences.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: January 09, 2006, 07:42:58 AM

If it's not too late go Wizard. The divide was supposed to be

Warlock - Poison/Disease mainly damage over time based

Wizard - Heat/Cold mainly direct damage based

The main problem is Dot's suck and poison/disease is easier to resist which means Warlocks suck compared to wizards.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #93 on: January 09, 2006, 08:51:53 AM

If it's not too late go Wizard. The divide was supposed to be

Warlock - Poison/Disease mainly damage over time based

Wizard - Heat/Cold mainly direct damage based

The main problem is Dot's suck and poison/disease is easier to resist which means Warlocks suck compared to wizards.

The only real DoT in the Warlock spell list is their resistance debuff.  You don't really use it for the damage output.  The vast majority are instant poison or disease damage.  Looking at the wizard and warlock spells lists from 20-40, it looks like the primary differences are all secondary effects; their damage spells are just damage-type swapped, more or less.  They have different buffs, different familiars.  People just don't like warlocks cause they like to turn their groupmates into frogs.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
schild
Administrator

Reply #94 on: January 09, 2006, 09:10:59 AM

Caviglia, not-wizard on Steamfont. For at least a couple weeks until my station pass runs out. We'll see from there. Lots of nice little UI improvements imo. But then, I liked the game up through the mid teens just fine anyway...and I'm not quite there yet. My prediction: I might make 20 this time based on previous experiences.

That mid-teen slowdown disappeared. I just grinded through 70% of level 21 (to 22) in less than an hour. On things 1 level below me for about 15 minutes and then 2 levels above me for the last 30 minutes or so. Sure, it helps that I have an igneous apprentice with DPS higher than mine taking most of the heat, but still....the forced grind from before is near gone. I can't complain. Well, I can, just not about the exp curve.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #95 on: January 09, 2006, 12:09:23 PM

I don't play at 2 am EST is all. Wow, you people stay up late. I'm such an old man when it comes to my bedtime. Anyhow, yes, still playing.

Ched, little housekeeping task - Wikybiky, 12 bard is my main and will be from here on out if you want to update the roster with that. You can remove the Soukyan character from the roster as I won't be wasting time on any alts. Also, I could use some armor if you feel like making some. Let me know what stuff you need to make it or what details you need. Much appreciated.

NP.  I will get you some armor made tonight;  I could use tier 2 metal, furs, and roots (iron and tubers mostly).  Ill probably get you a set of 20 armor as well; do you need any weapons created? 

Oh and Ill get you a nifty rogue package going.  I make a holster that holds 6 or 7 stacks of daggers.  Pretty fucking rad!

schild
Administrator

Reply #96 on: January 09, 2006, 12:10:32 PM

We need a dedicated catass to do scroll/spell crafting. Badly.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #97 on: January 09, 2006, 12:14:15 PM

We need a dedicated catass to do scroll/spell crafting. Badly.

One of my alts may do this, but only if Miasmas posted mod thingy works magic like I think it will. 

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: January 09, 2006, 12:23:39 PM

If you need a sage quickly just share the burden.

Everyone harvest and put resources in the guild bank.

Assign 4 people to craft, as you finish a stack of subs just drop it back in the guild bank:

Person 1: Make paper
Person 2: Make Quills
Person 3: Make Ink
Person 4: This is person is the sage and just does final combines. When exping never do the same combine twice.

You could piece it out even more if you want to assign various washes, oils, and whatnot to people.

At some point the non-sages will need to grind a bit to catch up to the next tier as the actual sage will level VERY quickly by doing nothing but discovery combines.

Getting to level 10 takes about an hour if you pre-harvest a decent bit of food stuffs (fish, dens, gardens) then just make each food/drink item once. After level 10 you can put the above plan in place.
schild
Administrator

Reply #99 on: January 09, 2006, 12:35:23 PM

Wow. Four people from f13 willing to do the most calculated grinding? I can see me and Cheddar and Poptart maybe doing it while on teamspeak. But heyeargh. Games make me hurt.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: January 09, 2006, 12:48:44 PM

Not sure I'm going Sage but I am a lvl 8 or 9 artisan right now from making my spell upgrades on the Isle. Sure would be nice to make the more advanced stuff, but rares in a SOE game make me wince. Because they mean rare for people very unlike me, for me it means 'stuff you'll never see'.

Thought about making food, seems to be a nice ubiquitous buff to have, vs making spells which is pretty one-shot.
schild
Administrator

Reply #101 on: January 09, 2006, 12:49:59 PM

Both Ookii and I are contemplating going food. It's way too useful. If you want to go scrolls, I'm pretty sure between Cheddar, Ookii and I, we'll eventually have a guild bank full of them.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: January 09, 2006, 01:14:28 PM

If you have a few people who are going to tradeskill I would recommend the following in order of priority:

Provisioner: If you all reach levels 30+ having handcrafted food/drink is the only way to go. Store bought stuff just does NOT cut it.
Alchemist/Sage/Jeweler: All 3 are important as each makes App 4's/Adept 3's for various archetypes. Jewelers are also good to have around for jewelry and Alchemists for poisons/potions later in game.
Woodworker: Totems become very useful in the mid 30's and SoW totems at 15 are handy to have. Cheap to make as well at about 3-4s per SoW/Invis totem with 5 charges on each one.
Tailor: Just slightly above the rest because they can make bags and quivers.

Weaponsmith, Armorer: Barely useful. Not really worth the time to grind up right now. Just find someone to make your rare armor for you ever find yourself in need.

Carpenter: Unless you are really into interior decorating then they only have one useful thing to make and that's boxes. Why bother?

And Sky, don't worry too much yet. Rares are actually MUCH easier to get as you level up. They oddly enough become more affordable the higher level you are. At a rough glance in each tier you make about 4x as much as the prior tier. But market-wise rares barely double in value each tier.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #103 on: January 09, 2006, 01:27:47 PM

Both Ookii and I are contemplating going food. It's way too useful. If you want to go scrolls, I'm pretty sure between Cheddar, Ookii and I, we'll eventually have a guild bank full of them.
I went food so that I didn't have to pay those outrageous market prices for drink.  I also did it so that I could charge outrageous prices for drink  :-D.  I've think that when the auto level to 20 ability goes in the market for tier 3 drinks will be huge as all those rich level 60s try out alts, could make a lot of money.  Before I quit I think I had made about one plat from selling excess drinks.  Harvests like rye, fayberries and blue succulent should shoot up in value too so I'd save them for now and sell later.  Of course maybe everyone is thinking the same thing...
One of my alts may do this, but only if Miasmas posted mod thingy works magic like I think it will.
I'm afraid there is no magic, it doesn't do subcombines or anything for you, it just lets you do everything from the keyboard.  You don't have to use the mouse to click start and end.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: January 09, 2006, 01:44:43 PM

Dumb question:  I can't seem to find anyone on for an invite the times I've been playing.  Will /who all Bat Country tell me if any of you folks are online at a given moment?  I've been in DAoC so long that I've forgotten the EQ text commands.

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Roll Call  
Jump to: