Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:41:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2190169 times)
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1085 on: May 25, 2009, 02:15:46 AM

Ur Quan Masters which is free to download

Where?

I played and finished SC2 years ago on the.. um.. 3DO.  Ohhhhh, I see.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #1086 on: May 25, 2009, 12:10:40 PM

Where?

http://sc2.sourceforge.net/
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1087 on: May 25, 2009, 01:46:55 PM

Where?

Don't feel bad.  I have an NGage QD and some of my favorite games of the 00s are on it.  (Pathway to Glory and its sequel.  Absolutely SUBLIME turn based Xcom/Jagged Alliance gameplay.  Plus Catan, Civilization (basically Civ 2), High Seize (its Advance Wars.  EXCEPT ITS PIRATES), and the only Warhammer 40K game that actually attempts to use actual GW rules.  Sadly its 3rd edition rules, but its nice to be able to play 40K on the can.)

Even the suckiest most hated and made fun of game systems/computers have one or two amazingly awesome must have games on them.

The problem is these days Internet retards have basically turned game discussion into AGREE WITH ME OR ELSE.

And that's just terrible.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #1088 on: May 26, 2009, 08:52:25 AM

Something like Libilbhdhbh.  Yours is good, though easy to pronounce.  Like Seamynuts or Rokoutwithmycokout.
The 'bh' is always good for a laugh.  I've met only a handful of people who knew how to pronounce it, and one of them shares my middle (and steam) name.  The rest played the Gaelic side in DAoC...

"V" sound I am guessing. Knew a Siobhan growing up.

Sims 3 should be fully downloaded by the time I get home tonight. I fully intend to buy it properly next week, but I'm too impatient to wait.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1089 on: May 26, 2009, 09:07:25 AM

My gaming ADD is really flaring up.  I seem to be forever stuck about a year or two behind the times.  I still have things like Fallout 3, GTA4 and Dead Space to complete (or even scratch the surface of), and instead I spent this previous weekend completing Twilight Princess, which I had never gotten around to.  And since that was such a fine thing to get out of the way, I then instantly downloaded Ocarina of Time and started playing that.  Let me tell you - once you get over the initial hour or so trying to digest the crappy graphics, you realize that game still kicks a ton of ass.  They've also just released Majora's Mask on VC, which I never played, so I'll have that to look forward to.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1090 on: May 26, 2009, 09:09:28 AM

I just finished Dark Sector and started on a new playthrough of Mirror's Edge. Later tonight I'm gonna start on Naruto: Rise of a Ninja. All for the 360.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1091 on: May 26, 2009, 09:32:31 AM

Baldurs Gate 1 Tutu with NPC mods completed. Baulder's gate 2 incoming.

Also Eve Online still. After the destruction of my Ship and Mod building business by Goonswarm moving jump bridges around, I have enough money to PvP for some time and not worry about building stuff or hauling minerals around :(. Current skill Queue: Wing Commander 5.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1092 on: May 26, 2009, 09:36:05 AM

Funnily enough my stint with Neverwinter Night leaves me yearning for some proper party based CPRGs. So how does Baldurs Gate Tutu work? It mods BG2 to let you play the first game?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1093 on: May 26, 2009, 10:40:21 AM

Just finished Guitar Hero 2 (PS2) on medium difficulty and I just don't think I have the manual dexterity to play this fucking game on hard. Holy shit. Friend of mine just gave me a copy of Company of Heroes but I haven't even installed it yet. Playing Dead Rising on the Wii - great cinematics, ok gameplay, complete waste of the waggle. It plays about like one of the pre-4 Resident Evil games. Some nice visceral moments, but I'm not sure how long I want to play it. The graphics are a bit muddy as well.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1094 on: May 26, 2009, 07:12:03 PM

"V" sound I am guessing. Knew a Siobhan growing up.
Yeah, it's more or less a vee.  I give it a little flair so it's a soft vee that comes out as you'd pronounce 'Vaughn'.

Still playing lots of Fallout.  I've missed being able to just roam and do whatever.  Dad's been left to rot in a vault somewhere for ages now.  Maybe I'll make it over to that side of the map, if not the vault, this week.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1095 on: May 27, 2009, 12:43:15 AM

I stopped playing Dead Rising 360, got annoyed with the dumbass survivors getting stuck on a plant about 20 feet away from the warehouse door. Some cool ideas but some frustrating elements. Not sure I'll ever pick it up again.

Played some Castlevania 4. What a great game. Fabulous music, fabulous levels, fabulous atmosphere and little touches. My favorite part of the game might be right after you beat the Grim Reaper and you walk through the corridor leading to the last area while the torch lamps light behind you.

Started playing Majora's Mask. I've watched my friend play a tiny bit of it but never played it myself. Seems pretty cool, I dig the crazy tone. I love that when you talk to the mask salesman he runs through weird poses without animating. Seems like the kind of game that was designed on a drug high.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1096 on: May 27, 2009, 05:49:17 AM

Majora's Mask gave me nightmares.  I highly recommend it, it's weird as fuck.

As for playing things, it's LotRO, Star Ocean: Underage Furry Twat, and Demigod.

I'd like to play more Demigod but swamp poop.  There's not enough there to justify playing the SP game over a long period, but MP with ranks and scores and shit would be awesome.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #1097 on: May 27, 2009, 06:19:51 AM

Ninja Blade.  It's like God of War distilled through the mind of a 20-something action film fanatic with the attention span of a 5 year old. 

Definitely not worth full price, but if you can rent it or find it for $20-30 it's quite fun.  Note, if you hate the dreaded QTE, you need not apply.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1098 on: May 27, 2009, 07:04:25 AM

Still jamming on that FFH2 game I mentioned, turning into a slow culture war kinda thing. Everyone pretending to be great buddies, all good or neutral AIs, I'm neutral. Angels popped into the game but no Ashen Veil. So it's mostly just culture war, maybe the first time I've focused so hard on culture without playing the Balseraph.

And of course, all of these polite and virtuous civs are also pumping out privateers as quickly as possible. At first it was holding down the lower civs by decimating their caravel fleets slowly, now I've begun pumping out man-o-wars (and privateers!), it's just buffing my fleet.

Very different feel to this game than the way Civ generally goes.

Also, just got in a $25 credit for Amazon and bought Drakensang.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #1099 on: May 27, 2009, 05:44:26 PM

Tooling around on Angel Island (UO shard).  Currently finishing a tamer - will probably check out the PvP action in a couple weeks.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1100 on: May 28, 2009, 05:07:10 AM

God-damned FreeRealms!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1101 on: May 28, 2009, 08:22:05 AM

Hee! DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1102 on: May 31, 2009, 02:20:12 PM

I got my hands on Baldur's Gate 2, a game I've somehow managed to never play despite enjoying the first one. I made myself a lawful evil blackguard (class obtained via mod) and now I'm off to evil it up. I got out of that 400 hour long intro dungeon, and thus far my party is made up almost entirely of people I hate and can't wait to replace.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1103 on: May 31, 2009, 04:59:54 PM

You should be able to replace them fairly soon.

I really wish I had the time to go through that beast of a game again.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1104 on: May 31, 2009, 06:50:28 PM

Yoshimo seems like an okay dude. I'm cool with him. I was even okay with Imoen this time around, while I had her, since she wasn't acting like such a retard. But I never found Minsc as amusing as everyone else did, and I'm already plotting to kill Aerie as soon as I find a replacement caster.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #1105 on: May 31, 2009, 07:43:02 PM

About Yojimbo

Right now I'm running around in Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader again, a game I never get to finish many years ago. This is probably the hardest CRPG I've played yet and the gameplay is a bastard child of Fallout + Diablo with terrible balancing where the wrong skill picks would definitely fuck you up at certain parts of the game and render some dungeons just too difficult to clear.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1106 on: May 31, 2009, 10:12:46 PM

...I never found Minsc as amusing as everyone else did...

You are dead to me.  GO FOR THE EYES BOO!
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1107 on: May 31, 2009, 10:34:32 PM

Right around the time Nalia stopped in the middle of yet another endless dungeon to yell "How does this help the needy?!" I quit and uninstalled. Almost every single party member is a complete unlikeable asswipe that I just want to murder, and the AD&D combat system is an inscrutable shitpile. I don't know how I was able to play through BG1 just a couple years ago, but BG2 feels utterly laborious to me now.

Finding out that the only decent party NPC thus far is just a temp just seals the deal.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1108 on: May 31, 2009, 10:58:36 PM

There's a passable all-evil party (well mostly, you have to carry a couple neutral types I think), but it helps to play the game first as a good guy (or at least neutral) so you know where to look for the evil people right off the bat the 2nd time through.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1109 on: June 01, 2009, 06:17:18 AM

I thought you could play BG2 through solo if you wanted?  Maybe you had to mod it for that though...

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1110 on: June 01, 2009, 06:35:41 AM

I really like inFamous.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1111 on: June 01, 2009, 08:51:14 AM

UFC 2009 is a weird beast.  Having a lot of fun but it's annoying the hell out of me at the same time.  Back to Demon Souls or P4 for me.

I'm probably going to get inFamous for father's day (even if I have to buy it myself). 

-Rasix
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1112 on: June 01, 2009, 09:05:58 AM

Playing Mass Effect for the third time through, this time with the addition of the DLC Bring Down the Sky. The additional content was pretty fun. On Hardcore mode (the achievement I'm working on... along with sniper and some other stuff) it's pretty rough in some parts. One part took me about 3 hours to finally get through because I didn't want to talk my way out of it (which I could have). Of course as much as I love games, I tend to suck, so YMMV.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1113 on: June 01, 2009, 09:23:20 AM

Speaking of long games, I'm still playing that FFH2 game as Ljosfar, and it's still the crazy passive-aggressive game where nobody is going to war with everyone (except Hannah's "episode", which we all try to ignore). Actually Hannah is pretty pissed because she can't go to war with anyone, we keep voting her down in Overcouncil before she gets her (friggin' crazy massive) fleet over to them, and because she spent all that time building the fleet, she's easy to buy off with old techs.

Decius (who summoned Basium, and thus the 'good' good guy) is the most egregious passive aggressive guy, I get a steady stream of privateers trying to blockade my coasts. Bannor took to colonizing the ice caps because I've pushed him over halfway off his island with culture, but being Ljosofar, I can colonize the shit out of the ice caps with my treant hero and druids upgrading the terrain and planting trees. I think he's close to snapping, so I took over a node for (eh, forget mana type) to cast Trust and keep him in the "grumbling about his swingline" state for a bit longer.

Having the Nexus is almost like cheating, I teleport disciples of leaves into border cities and have them build their cultural thing. It's only +20 culture, but when I've got a continent's worth going right now, it's crazy.
Dion
Terracotta Army

Reply #1114 on: June 01, 2009, 11:53:50 AM

What do you need to play the mod? Just the original or expansions too? Sounds pretty awesome tbh
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #1115 on: June 01, 2009, 12:03:46 PM

What do you need to play the mod? Just the original or expansions too? Sounds pretty awesome tbh

You also need the Beyond the Sword expansion.  The new Civ 4 complete box set comes with it however, if you don't already own the game.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1116 on: June 01, 2009, 12:09:22 PM

Even better, you can get the Steam edition of CivIV+BtS and it works.

Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1117 on: June 01, 2009, 12:31:00 PM

Smash Bros Brawl.  I needed 50 more points for Platinum Club Nintendo status (nothing like registering 3-5 years worth of Nintendo published DS and Wii games all at once!) so it was either this or Super Paper Mario.

I'm having fun, and its a casual enough game I won't feel bad if I stop playing for some other shiny.  I am hoping to complete Subspace Emissary mode though.  Its looong for what's basically a sidescroller mucked up with Smash matches.

My strongest character seems to be Kirby in Classic mode anyhow.  After having him escape me 2 other times, the big pink puffball finally put Captain Falcon as unlocked.  (I now have Falcon, Marth, and the Earthbound kid as playable.)  Kirby doing FALCON PAAAUNCH!  Is so fucking  awesome, for real  its not funny.

Kirby makes EVERYTHING better.  Especially all those stupid brown and grey action games I don't play.  (I had my fill of GRITTY circa Quake 2.)
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1118 on: June 01, 2009, 12:52:40 PM

I didn't know you played anything as recent as Quake 2, Jain.

why so serious?
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1119 on: June 01, 2009, 12:57:38 PM

I didn't know you played anything as recent as Quake 2, Jain.

why so serious?

Hey, those Guitar Hero games had to come from somewhere!
(Psst, don't tell anyone, but I played Fallout 3 too!)
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: