Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:32:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2173352 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1050 on: May 20, 2009, 08:35:48 AM

Pronouncing it properly as in the way it's supposed to be said or as in the way it is said?  I'm still trying to train myself to say, well think, the proper way and not the proper-proper way.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1051 on: May 20, 2009, 08:38:02 AM

I can't remember for the life of me how I found Sjofn and sent her a steam friend invite. I also do not know how to pronounce it. I imagine its like saying 'see you soon' fast but with a sock stuck in your mouth.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #1052 on: May 20, 2009, 08:45:05 AM

I also do not know how to pronounce it.
It's pronounced "Ingmar's wife".

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1053 on: May 20, 2009, 10:19:15 AM

ya, I'm surprised it isn't her steam name too. getting all uppity playin' an man's game. shouldn't she be playing Sim Barefoot Kitchen too?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1054 on: May 20, 2009, 08:21:30 PM

I spent most of last night playing Ur Quan Masters (Star Control 2).

A friend was asking me about a game he vaguely remembered from his Genesis days.  I brought up pictures of the game and next thing I know I am building up the Macross with all sorts of cool gear and trying to figure out where that damned Melnorme trader went since I found more bio stuff to trade for neat upgrades.  The Zot Foq Pik are now part of the Alliance and all my ship needs now is more guns and another dynamo for weapons recharge speed. 

Its been years since I really played that game, and had a handy white map I could make notes on/just go to the places with the starburst symbol on them.  I actually have to play things correctly this time through. 
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1055 on: May 21, 2009, 02:19:59 AM

That sounds nothing like the Star Control 2 I remember. Maybe I'm thinking of Star Control 1. 2 sides, maybe 8 ships each, move around space and do one on one battles. I don't remember anyong about trading or upgrading.

Got Punch Out. Punched out everyone on the normal mode run through, have not tried the harder mode yet. It's pretty awesome, Macho Man is fabulous.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1056 on: May 21, 2009, 06:38:47 AM

Got back into some FFH2. Let the cpu pick my team and got the elf raider guy. Since it wasn't the nice elf chick, I decided to rp it a bit and when I found bannor had only half-settled their isle, I rushed a bunch of settlers on triremes over and cut off his expansion. Then I used my archer hero to cut off the barbarians from raiding my coast (couldn't quite fit a city into the bottleneck, dernit) so Bannor is now dealing with barbarian raids. I captured his bronze but he still has the only mana node I've discovered thus far.

Next I play nice and convert all his cities to FoL and demand he convert over.

A bit worried because Lanun just went onto a war footing with their civics and they (of course) have a huge navy prowling around. Just blew a ton of capital on my navy (partly to beef up the army on Bannor's island), so at least I won't get totally reamed. Puts me behind on tech, so I'm quite a ways from Druids, where I'd normally be getting them right about now.

Playing on islands with one large island per civ and lots of little islands. The aggressive Lanun has me worried to the point I might just try to snuff Bannor early so I can focus on building up the navy.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 06:41:08 AM by Sky »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1057 on: May 21, 2009, 09:56:32 AM

Went back to a GalCivII game that I have been playing for a really long time.  Otherwise not much time for gaming since my wife is pushing for us to play Star Ocean a lot.  The worst part is that I think I'm starting to become attracted to ten-year-old girls.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #1058 on: May 21, 2009, 10:04:19 AM

I'm trying to get into a trek game called Bridge Commander. I find it odd they want me to pilot it manually instead of 'commanding' the ship. Letting the crew AI do the combat worked quite fine at lowest difficulty level until they throw 4-5 ships at once in late game. The combat AI just couldn't take evading and shooting at the same time , hence I was forced to learn how to fly my own ship, as a commander.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Arnold
Terracotta Army

Reply #1059 on: May 21, 2009, 10:08:31 AM

Got Punch Out. Punched out everyone on the normal mode run through, have not tried the harder mode yet. It's pretty awesome, Macho Man is fabulous.

I got Punch Out yesterday and it's lots of fun.  From the reviews I've read, the initial round is just a tutorial of sorts and the real game begins with title defense.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1060 on: May 21, 2009, 11:01:40 AM

Syofn?

You are the winnar. <3

I've thought about changing my name for TF2 purposes, some people mangle it so bad I have NO IDEA they're even talking to me at first. Suh-joe-fin is the most common guess, which I have learned to recognise. My favorite version is being called "S.J." I know they mean me, and the other person doesn't struggle to figure out if they just said it right.

EDIT: I HAVE seen people with screen names like Mrsscreenname and Screennameswife (not in TF2 though, GO FIGURE). I always found that baffling.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 11:09:32 AM by Sjofn »

God Save the Horn Players
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1061 on: May 21, 2009, 11:08:21 AM

It's not that hard of a name.  Though I would have the same problems with my steam name.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1062 on: May 21, 2009, 11:37:08 AM

You should have seen my DAoC name.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1063 on: May 21, 2009, 11:50:36 AM

Myballsonurchin?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1064 on: May 21, 2009, 11:51:21 AM

EDIT: I HAVE seen people with screen names like Mrsscreenname and Screennameswife (not in TF2 though, GO FIGURE). I always found that baffling.

The best ever one of those is still Jeersmom. Who turned out to actually be .... Jeer's mom.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1065 on: May 21, 2009, 11:58:24 AM

Myballsonurchin?

Something like Libilbhdhbh.  Yours is good, though easy to pronounce.  Like Seamynuts or Rokoutwithmycokout.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1066 on: May 21, 2009, 01:16:12 PM

CoD folks have some very inventive names. Every time you die you get a message that says "so and so killed you" and when you kill someone, it says "You killed soandso". Some people pick their names to make that funny, such as:

You Killed A_Kitten!
You KIlled A_Nun!
You Killed BabyJesus!

A_Girl Killed You!
TesticularCancer Killed You!

Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #1067 on: May 21, 2009, 01:40:32 PM

Sims 3. From the minute I get home from work to the minute I go to bed. That will be it for at least the next couple weeks.

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #1068 on: May 21, 2009, 02:00:55 PM

Sims 3. From the minute I get home from work to the minute I go to bed. That will be it for at least the next couple weeks.
So it's good?

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1069 on: May 21, 2009, 02:07:18 PM

Something like Libilbhdhbh.  Yours is good, though easy to pronounce.  Like Seamynuts or Rokoutwithmycokout.
The 'bh' is always good for a laugh.  I've met only a handful of people who knew how to pronounce it, and one of them shares my middle (and steam) name.  The rest played the Gaelic side in DAoC...

Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #1070 on: May 21, 2009, 02:53:04 PM

So it's good?

In a word? HELLMOTHERFUCKINGYES!

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1071 on: May 21, 2009, 03:22:10 PM

Oh man, it sounds like I'm going to cease to be when it comes out. I hope Ingmar misses me.

Sjofn was my DAoC name, and I've used it ever since 'cause, as was pointed out, there just aren't that many people using it out there. Once in a while it IS taken, and I get pissed off about it, though. Man, that was half the fun of making a new character in DAoC for me, looking up appropriate names. I'm such a damn dork.  swamp poop

God Save the Horn Players
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1072 on: May 22, 2009, 06:48:22 AM

Oh god, Sjofn's going to go poof again. Fucking Sims. Also: Eurblol. Favorite DAOC person to try and send tells to. I can't even remember how it was spelled.

I was playing the Infamous demo last night, and it's pretty badass.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1073 on: May 22, 2009, 08:06:49 AM

The Dread Lords showed up in my GalCiv II game.  Unfortunately for them, I found their planet within a few weeks, also I bombarded the planet with asteroids before invading.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1074 on: May 22, 2009, 09:57:06 AM

So I bought a subscription for Chronicles of Spellborn.  I'm sure you're all laughing.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1075 on: May 22, 2009, 10:02:09 AM

So I bought a subscription for Chronicles of Spellborn.  I'm sure you're all laughing.

I played Vanguard, Horizons, AC2, Auto Assault, and Earth & Beyond at release.  I'm not allowed to laugh at anyone. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1076 on: May 22, 2009, 10:08:41 AM

You're still allowed to laugh.  I played AC2 at launch and had fun until the sheer ineptitude of it overwhelmed me (due to problems with their fucked up billing I ended up paying for about 5 months worth after only playing a month).  Playing on Darktide and having exploiting, pvping and griefing comprising the majority of my play time also probably helped. I would have quit after a week if I was only PVEing.  I played Auto Assault for a week, but it was a review copy.

We've all learned, but some of us still can't help ourselves apparently.

I feel like I need to buy a fighting game.  Can't decide between UFC and Punch Out.  Should be an easy choice since I never really liked the original Punch Out.  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 10:11:48 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
schild
Administrator

Reply #1077 on: May 22, 2009, 10:12:46 AM

I feel like I need to buy a fighting game.  Can't decide between UFC and Punch Out.  Should be an easy choice since I never really liked the original Punch Out.  awesome, for real

I am very close to getting UFC to play with some friends here.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1078 on: May 22, 2009, 10:16:53 AM

I played Vanguard, Horizons, AC2, Auto Assault, and Earth & Beyond at release.  I'm not allowed to laugh at anyone. 

I liked Auto Assault.  huh

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1079 on: May 22, 2009, 10:17:24 AM

I am very close to getting UFC to play with some friends here.

PS3 I assume?  Looks like Way and HF got it for the 360.   Ohhhhh, I see.

-Rasix
schild
Administrator

Reply #1080 on: May 22, 2009, 10:18:29 AM

I'm not sure Way and HF own PS3s. I know HF doesn't, but that's because he's a knucklehead. ^_^

But yea, PS3. Just need to amke some money.
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #1081 on: May 23, 2009, 07:44:33 AM

I picked up UFC for the PS3 and am enjoying it.  My career guy, Raging Asshole, is now 7-0-0 and the difficulty is really picking up.  I'm going to sit around and play it all day until it's time to go watch Evans v. Machida at a friend's house tonight.  I didn't even know what MMA meant last month and now I'm addicted.  UFC overload.  undecided

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1082 on: May 23, 2009, 12:58:53 PM

That sounds nothing like the Star Control 2 I remember. Maybe I'm thinking of Star Control 1. 2 sides, maybe 8 ships each, move around space and do one on one battles. I don't remember anyong about trading or upgrading.

Ur Quan Masters which is free to download is the sequel to Star Control 1.  It adds in an entire action adventure sandbox (with time limit sadly) mode with 100s of star systems to visit.  It keeps the melee mode of the original and its basic gameplay, but its more for the adventure mode that the game is beloved.

Sadly the Super Melee mode got rid of the multiplayer strategy component though.  Just points based fleet selection and go shoot each other.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1083 on: May 24, 2009, 02:00:15 AM

Bald Bull 2.0 was insanely hard. I think I must have tried him 50 times.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1084 on: May 24, 2009, 11:03:19 PM

NWN2: Storm of Zehir. Just to see if I can get it to run on Windows 7, and now I'm stuck playing through it for completenesses sake.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: