Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:38:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2172693 times)
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #14210 on: September 29, 2020, 12:31:36 AM

That's all well and good, but I can't get past getting my shit pushed in regularly by these old-ass fingers that don't want to cooperate.

I'm fucking AMAZED by how often I roll back into home and there's new dialogue or some new thing to unlock. Pretty sure Meg just called me a pussy for not beating her on a run when I normally beat her 90% of the time.

Also, that first line really doesn't read well, but I'm drunk and leaving it.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #14211 on: September 29, 2020, 12:48:05 AM

That's all well and good, but I can't get past getting my shit pushed in regularly by these old-ass fingers that don't want to cooperate.
Yeah I switched on God Mode after reaching the end boss the first time and getting promptly wiped but it's still a struggle*. I wish there was a way to set the God Mode value explicitly since I'm really just playing to advance the story right now.

I'm fucking AMAZED by how often I roll back into home and there's new dialogue or some new thing to unlock. Pretty sure Meg just called me a pussy for not beating her on a run when I normally beat her 90% of the time.
Plus it almost never repeats dialog unless you are hundreds of hours in already and they've apparently written dialog for pretty much every conceivable permutation of two major events happening in the same run**.

* Still haven't beaten it yet though the run I'm currently taking a break from may be the first since I have the regen duo boon and a butt load of HP as a buffer

** Semi-spoiler:
Edit: almost but not quite, better luck next time awesome, for real
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 01:30:43 AM by Trippy »
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #14212 on: September 29, 2020, 02:16:22 AM

I recognize this game isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. However I’d really suggest we all throw $25 at them because of how well executed this game is. I don’t normally say that, but we need more games with this much polish. They’ve done a really great job, even if I’m terribad at it.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #14213 on: September 29, 2020, 09:44:04 AM

I've only escaped once by abusing Adamant Rail upgrades. If you get the big slow Daedalus Hammer upgrade along with Artemis crit boon, you can do some really nasty damage. As a bonus, you can get the Ares upgrades for your basic attack to add some more reliable damage. Athena seems to be the only great option for dash. The Demeter boon for cast or Dionysus  also are great options.

End boss just does too much damage, and I'm too shitty to avoid most of it. I get to him about 50% of the time, but unless I have real disgusting damage he's just too high of a hurdle to climb. Most bosses are just too hard as melee for my oldness.

Still, this is right up there with Dead Cells. GOTY material for sure.

-Rasix
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #14214 on: September 29, 2020, 11:50:41 AM

I've only escaped once by abusing Adamant Rail upgrades. If you get the big slow Daedalus Hammer upgrade along with Artemis crit boon, you can do some really nasty damage. As a bonus, you can get the Ares upgrades for your basic attack to add some more reliable damage.
I've heard Adamant Rail is much better with M+K but I'm currently using a controller so I've been waiting a bit to unlock it. I might give it a try tonight and see how bad it is with controller.

Athena seems to be the only great option for dash.
Athena's dash deflect (Divine Dash) is OP for n00bs -- I always start with her keepsake to maximize my chances of starting my run with that. The only other one I've seen put to good use is Poseidon's Tidal Dash. That one can do a lot damage if you knockback into walls and is really good at room clearing. There are meme builds that can beat the game only doing Tidal Dashes (augmented with other boons).

The Demeter boon for cast or Dionysus  also are great options.
Yeah Demeter's spinny globes of death was the one I was using that I almost beat the game with. Allowed me to focus on not dying (and trying to regen) while still being able to do some damage.
schild
Administrator

Reply #14215 on: September 29, 2020, 03:40:56 PM

Lol didn't want it but definitely do not want it now
Arinon
Terracotta Army

Reply #14216 on: September 29, 2020, 05:44:15 PM

Hades has its hooks into me deep.  About 30 hours and I’ve cleared it at least once with each weapon.  Will echo the amazement that even after seeing credits they are still rolling out new dialogue and next to nothing is repeating, great stuff.

Stacking either Attack or Special damage depending on the first Daedalus hammer choice or chaos boon seems to be the way to go, but I feel like the dark horse pick for those having trouble is Hermes.  Specifically, all the dash related boons have been excellent for bosses.  Any time I get more dash charges Hades becomes MUCH easier.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #14217 on: September 30, 2020, 12:32:33 PM

Stacking either Attack or Special damage depending on the first Daedalus hammer choice or chaos boon seems to be the way to go, but I feel like the dark horse pick for those having trouble is Hermes.  Specifically, all the dash related boons have been excellent for bosses.  Any time I get more dash charges Hades becomes MUCH easier.
Yeah the end boss's sweep, for example, has such a large radius that the extra dash (or more) can mean the difference between being out of range or taking a huge chunk of damage. His Quick Recovery boon is also seriously powerful (effectively a large damage reduction boon). Most of his boons, though, are essentially modifiers of other boons (like adjectives if boons are nouns or adverbs if they are verbs) so by themselves or if you don't get the right synergies they aren't all that good.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #14218 on: September 30, 2020, 12:43:42 PM

I've only escaped once by abusing Adamant Rail upgrades. If you get the big slow Daedalus Hammer upgrade along with Artemis crit boon, you can do some really nasty damage. As a bonus, you can get the Ares upgrades for your basic attack to add some more reliable damage.
I've heard Adamant Rail is much better with M+K but I'm currently using a controller so I've been waiting a bit to unlock it. I might give it a try tonight and see how bad it is with controller.
Gave it a spin last night on a controller and yeah it's clunky. Keeping auto-aim on (which I did) makes the Special targeting awkward much of the time (picking a bad spot as the initial target). The Rocket Bomb / rocket launcher Daedelus upgrade effectively fixes that problem and that was fun to use while I had it. I also don't like the relatively short range. All the other ranged attacks (bow, spear, shield) have much longer range. I probably missed like 70% of my shots just cause I was constantly shooting out of range of enemies. It is still ranged, though, so I managed to get pretty far on the final boss (about 3/4ths down), just cause it's much safer to keep away from that asshole.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #14219 on: September 30, 2020, 03:48:25 PM

I'm deep into Divinity Original Sin 2. I'm kind of enjoying it, but it's also been a really disappointing game for me considering how well it reviewed. I'm trying to find ways to deal with the negatives and see if I can finish the story off.

I honestly hated that game and gave up on it. The story was very silly and over the top, while the combat was always an ambush from nowhere, in an area that just happened to be full of barrels of oil, and then just gimmicky as all hell. The mechanics give no class identity and the "CC armor" was a band-aid over the shallow mechanics. Maybe if they are forced to use D&D rules it will be less bad? Lovely production values though but that also led to the map being very compressed.

Playing through Amalur, the refreshed version though I can't tell the difference really. If JRPG's have too much style this the opposite, it's just so much stodgy content to chew through. I also can't help but see the symbolism of everyone being tied to their fates, or their songs, apart from your character who makes their own fate as having political overtones.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 08:27:27 PM by Kageru »

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #14220 on: October 01, 2020, 02:04:38 AM

Genshin Impact.

This is quite good so far. Even have people who don't play "anime" games saying they enjoy it enough to look past that. Seems to be a much bigger hit than PSO2 was with my normal playgroup.

600870706 if any of you are playing add me.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #14221 on: October 01, 2020, 08:24:32 AM

I honestly hated that game and gave up on it. The story was very silly and over the top, while the combat was always an ambush from nowhere, in an area that just happened to be full of barrels of oil, and then just gimmicky as all hell. The mechanics give no class identity and the "CC armor" was a band-aid over the shallow mechanics. Maybe if they are forced to use D&D rules it will be less bad? Lovely production values though but that also led to the map being very compressed.

I'm with you on a lot of these points. I just finished it and it's one of the most disappointing and inconsistent experiences I've played. Only Dragon Age 3 is close but at least that had Trespasser. It's definitely one of those games that I'm surprised reviewed so well and I wish more reviewers had picked up on and discussed the flaws.

I'm a massive Supergiant fan and I picked up Hades with an Epic voucher, so I'll get to see what all the excitement is about soon.
Rasix

Reply #14222 on: October 01, 2020, 09:22:14 AM

Heh, it's good enough that I'll be buying it on PC once the cross-saves are in.  Only gripe for me is that I don't love the weapon upgrade/aspect unlock system. Getting Titan's Blood is a bit difficult when you're terrible at the game and you can't respec at all.

PoE league is still fucked. They really tried to do too much with this one and messed it up hard. This league may end up doing massive damage to the game and company's overall reputation.

edit:
I really liked DOS2, but there are a good amount of issues with it. At release there were some pretty nasty bugs as well.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 09:23:57 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #14223 on: October 01, 2020, 02:24:47 PM

rebel galaxy outlaw is the first game i've played in a long time where it felt like the crew making it had some legit passion for evoking a consistent feel. their attention to mood and their music selection is so good that my fiancee actually just left the game running on the computer next to her just to switch between the different Dodge Sector space radio stations while she studied. it's pretty rad
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #14224 on: October 01, 2020, 11:14:13 PM

Gave it a spin last night on a controller and yeah it's clunky. Keeping auto-aim on (which I did) makes the Special targeting awkward much of the time (picking a bad spot as the initial target). The Rocket Bomb / rocket launcher Daedelus upgrade effectively fixes that problem and that was fun to use while I had it. I also don't like the relatively short range. All the other ranged attacks (bow, spear, shield) have much longer range. I probably missed like 70% of my shots just cause I was constantly shooting out of range of enemies. It is still ranged, though, so I managed to get pretty far on the final boss (about 3/4ths down), just cause it's much safer to keep away from that asshole.
Finally beat it the first time using the Adamant Rail as well (wasn't planned, I was using it cause it had the bonus Darkness boost on it). Still using it with auto-aim but now I'm just letting it do it's auto-aim thing on the Special attack rather than trying to correct it unless I'm in a safe spot. Still just barely did it with 16 health left on my last life even with 44% God Mode damage reduction on (and went in at full health and all 3 revives available). Used a max Ares Call's spin-to-win to chunk its final health down. Also had the Cluster Bomb upgrade on the Rail so I could also shoot at it from behind the pillars during the last phase which reduced the need to try and dodge the beams out in the open.

Onwards to the Credits and then the True Ending awesome, for real
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #14225 on: October 02, 2020, 05:33:21 AM

Heh, it's good enough that I'll be buying it on PC once the cross-saves are in.  Only gripe for me is that I don't love the weapon upgrade/aspect unlock system. Getting Titan's Blood is a bit difficult when you're terrible at the game and you can't respec at all.

PoE league is still fucked. They really tried to do too much with this one and messed it up hard. This league may end up doing massive damage to the game and company's overall reputation.

edit:
I really liked DOS2, but there are a good amount of issues with it. At release there were some pretty nasty bugs as well.

Hades is a fun game, I've been playing it. Only beat the first two areas and just unlocked all the weapons.

I tried playing POE this league. I couldn't even get past Act 6 until I found a bug with a ring that curses on hit and all of the sudden HOT becomes an autobomber with doom blast and a second curse.

Heists themselves are fun if they work, otherwise the whole game is garbage now. Pretty sad. Not enough changes to the core game to make the game fun. It's basically standard.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #14226 on: October 02, 2020, 09:45:55 PM

Baldur's gate 3 where you can leap around the map, where you can use wizard hand to punt mobs, where you can put your bow in fire to get a fire bow and where the plot starts with your foppish protaganist getting mind-flayer powers and working up in epic from there. Sounds like all the Larian rubbish with a baldur's gate skin so that's an easy skip.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #14227 on: October 05, 2020, 08:38:13 AM

Hades.

Adamantium Rail is easy mode.  I went from almost never beating Meg, or beating her with a sliver of my last life left, to downing her while around half health on my first life.

Seeking Cast and seeking bullets makes things much simpler.
Rasix

Reply #14228 on: October 05, 2020, 10:17:59 AM

I'm at like 7-8 escapes now and pretty much get to the end boss every time now. I just kind of suck with the fists and spear. The hidden aspect of the fists is pretty awesome so far, so should be able to get out with these. The hidden aspect of the sword is pretty damn awesome as well. It's slow, but hits like a truck and has a great defensive mechanic. I think all I'm missing is the hidden aspect of the rail. Story is still ongoing as progression with the internal residents can be kind of RNG.

PoE is still a clown car crashing into a slightly larger clown car at the moment. This league is pretty much just standard since the league mechanic is still busted.

-Rasix
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #14229 on: October 05, 2020, 11:45:25 AM

Hidden Aspect, is that unlocked with titan blood?  I figure I'm pretty close to that now.

I'm terribad at this so I figure my first escape is still a ways away.  But it's fun so far.
Rasix

Reply #14230 on: October 05, 2020, 12:15:53 PM

I don't remember what specifically unlocks it, but at a point you can "reveal" different aspects of the weapons and purchase them with Titan's Blood.  Be warned that this is permanent, and you can't respec weapons, but there are more ways to get Titan's blood later on. When you do the first reveal, there are 3 aspects you can choose. One is to just improve the base aspect of "Zagreus" and the other 2 are aspects that change the weapon in some appreciable way. Like aspect of Chaos will allow you to throw multiple shields after a charged attack when you have it equipped. There are hidden aspects for each weapon that you don't know what they are until you encounter (in some cases random) story triggers to allow you to reveal that aspect. These are much different and have different move sets.

Game is hard and it took me a while and a lot of mirror upgrades before I could even reliably get past the first area. It's worth saving up and getting the extra lives per run.

-Rasix
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #14231 on: October 05, 2020, 12:37:23 PM

I'm enjoying Hades too. I don't usually like roguelikes but Supergiant has added just enough to make it interesting every time I go for an escape.

Slight spoliers - other thing that works well early on is getting some help from Cerberus.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #14232 on: October 05, 2020, 12:50:26 PM

Hades.

Adamantium Rail is easy mode.  I went from almost never beating Meg, or beating her with a sliver of my last life left, to downing her while around half health on my first life.

Seeking Cast and seeking bullets makes things much simpler.
Yeah ranged attacks definitely makes it easier to learn moves and attack patterns. Don't think it's a coincidence that my first two clears were with Adamant Rail and then bow. Once you are familiar with the move sets, melee becomes easier since you have a better idea when it's (reasonably) safe to dash in, get a few hits in, and then dash back out. BTW if you are using a controller you may want to remap reload to something like left bumper (LB/L1) so you don't have to take your thumb off the face buttons.

I'm at like 7-8 escapes now and pretty much get to the end boss every time now. I just kind of suck with the fists and spear. The hidden aspect of the fists is pretty awesome so far, so should be able to get out with these. The hidden aspect of the sword is pretty damn awesome as well. It's slow, but hits like a truck and has a great defensive mechanic. I think all I'm missing is the hidden aspect of the rail. Story is still ongoing as progression with the internal residents can be kind of RNG.
I'm at 5 escapes now with one each on each base weapon except shield with a streak of 4 in a row (still have God Mode on, at 46% I think). Unfortunately my gaming PC pooped itself over the weekend so I probably won't be able to finish it on shield until Wednesday or Thursday. My first two escapes (gun then bow) were basically a lot of luck and button mashing. Starting with the third one (fists), though, I now understand the basics of how to choose gods and boons, and even without rerolls yet (still acquiring keys to unlock that) feel like I can put together a build that can at least get me to the end boss each time. Athena dash is still a crutch (still always start with her keepsake) and now Ares's call is my other one.

I don't remember what specifically unlocks it, but at a point you can "reveal" different aspects of the weapons and purchase them with Titan's Blood.
Unlocking all the base weapons will unlock Aspects. Unlocking the first "hidden" Aspect requires a certain amount of Titan's Blood to have been spent plus you need to complete a particular quest line for the quest giver to give you the "magic words".

This video explains how to unlock the hidden Aspects and also Companions (spoilers, obviously): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvUfwJAUBJE

Slight spoliers - other thing that works well early on is getting some help from Cerberus.
Skelly is another keepsake definitely worth getting and leveling up if you need help getting to the end boss.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #14233 on: October 05, 2020, 12:52:39 PM

I've been playing Hades too. Got to the end boss once with the Rail and lost with him at 15% life left.

I've gotten the next fathest with the shield and then the fist weapon.

Like Rasix said, I think I'm finally done with POE over all until something big changes.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #14234 on: October 06, 2020, 05:30:42 AM

So I finally figured out how to spend Titan's Blood. Lol.

Went all in with the fist weapon. I ended up with a build where my special casted bolt which jolted and had a 30% chance to double all lightning attacks. Super damage. I made the mistake with converting it to a kick that hit twice. Damage was crazy, but left me exposed a lot to damage.

I also hate elysium.
Rasix

Reply #14235 on: October 06, 2020, 10:48:43 AM

I beat it. I can't remember if my last run was the claw run or another rail run. The claw one with full Aphrodite enchants (except for cast and dash) was stupid easy. It does so much damage and has abundant optional defenses. I think I still had 3 death defiance left. The ending is, as one would expect, done rather well. They didn't have a huge team making it, which is impressive.

Now comes the true test: do I still keep playing. Finishing a game usually has a damping effect on my enthusiasm for it. The continuation of the game does make sense story wise and there are still a lot of character arcs that I haven't finished. And.. it's still fun.

Installed No Man's Sky from game pass. Going in almost totally blind; I don't know much other than the reaction at launch.

-Rasix
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #14236 on: October 06, 2020, 11:06:16 AM

There's still an Epilogue. You need to keep going awesome, for real
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #14237 on: October 07, 2020, 08:22:57 AM

No Man's Sky on XGP was crashy as hell for me, 4k would crash within 10 minutes, at 1080p and everything low I could play for about an hour between crashes. Said fuck it and bought it on steam as reddit said it was more stable. Better frame rate at 4k, and played for 4 hours, no crashes.
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #14238 on: October 13, 2020, 06:39:39 PM

I've played a couple hundred hours of No Man's Sky (Steam) the past few months. It has crashed maybe 3 times I think.  It is a good time to start or restart. The latest patch changed a lot of the world stuff and made a lot of things just plain more/better.  Play on Normal mode first time through, Survival and Permadeath are a bit harder but the biggest drawback looks to be vastly reduced inventory space. Which has the advantage of stretching out the mid-game a good while, and making the early game a bit more challenging, but at the cost of spending a lot more time dealing with limited resources and general inventory management and related not-fun stuff.  It continues to be somewhat of a love/hate affair though. Everything about flying your starship and space travel and physics and even the appearance of space really sucks compared to Elite:Dangerous (except maybe combat if you like easy-mode combat) but once you hop out of your starship there are lots and lots of things to do, many of them fun and interesting.  Basically, NMS is a fun game, Elite is a fun simulation.  And there is a lot more variety of game content in NMS but the quality of simulation content in Elite is vastly better.

Currently I'm still puttering a bit with NMS a bit, but mostly diving in to Pathfinder: Kingmaker for the first time.  A game which released with too many bugs and lacking several key (for me) QoL necessities, respec and turn-based combat in particular, but has since filled those gaps quite nicely.  It is an incredibly complex and daunting game to get into if you don't know Pathfinder ruleset already, which I don't. The last time I played a PnP RPG was last century with AD&D 2 rules.  There have been some changes since then.  why so serious?  I've worked my way through character creation and the tutorial/prologue combats a couple times figuring things out, with a lot of help from reddit and youtube.  So far, I'm enjoying it but it's a lot of work! LOL

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #14239 on: October 13, 2020, 07:39:35 PM

I decided to replay Pathfinder Kingmaker hoping they fixed the bugs.

They did. It's kind of fun. If you play at normal difficulty, it is still frustratingly easy to completely fuck up everything. The kingdom management is still reallly fucked up in its way. Pretty much by the last act you have to turn on invincible kingdom or you'll never make it (and do not whatever you do run it on auto). I think this time at least I'll actually finish it. You do get to a point around the Varnhold Vanishing act where you can roflstomp the routine encounters, which is nice because in the early acts, you have to stay on top even of an encounter with three goblins. A lot of min-maxing is called for. Also if you're going to buy mercenary party members, you MUST read the guides because if you don't do it early at the early game prices you're 100% fucked and will never be able to do it later.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #14240 on: October 17, 2020, 01:59:26 PM

Update: I had forgotten how much I absolutely fucking hate the final dungeon, and no amount of bug-fixing can help with that. It's pure tedium.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #14241 on: October 18, 2020, 01:05:01 PM

After encountering some prominent bugs in Mafia 2 & 3 after the "definitive editions" were released (I hate that nomenclature, you had better make it fucking perfect you arrogant knobs), I was pretty hesitant about the remake of the original by Hangar 13. I gave it some time for patching, but my issues with it are not patchable things.

First off, it's a good experience if you never played the original. My complaints may be something you never notice. But my 2 favorite things were the characters/voice work and the car collecting. The car collecting in particular ruined car collecting in GTA for me. The main reason being, once you put a car in your garage, it's an option in your garage, you don't lose it if you total it (as in GTA). Nothing worse than losing your favorite GTA ride because a mission requires you to use another vehicle, leaving your ride behind and, thus, unsaved.

For the time, Mafia had nice facial modeling and animation, and the voice actors combined with the tech to make a strong narrative that stuck with you through the series. Welp, tech moves on and I'd call the current models and animation...adequate. But the deal breaker is the change of voice actors. It gutted the characterfulness of a couple guys, but the dude they got to play Paulie is criminally bad. Since it's one of the primary relationships in the game, it's not just irritating (literally, his voice is nasally and grating), it breaks down that relationship. I don't get mad about games very often, but casting this actor really grates my jimmies.

I started to notice that there wasn't any downtime between missions to roam around. It was just pushing me through mission after mission. Finally I realized they pushed the open world part of the game into a separate game mode. Now I was confused. Since car collecting was one of the really fun parts of the first game, was I supposed to be looking for cars during missions? Or during free ride? I loaded up free ride mode and went to the area I remember usually having a random nice car....there are almost no parking lots in the entire game. The more I drove around, the more I realized how gutted and streamlines the world is. Might be fine for the Story mode if you don't mind having a shallow af world, but in free roam it makes finding new cars pretty annoying. And the VAST amount of cars on the road at the same 4 or 5 models. I drove around for over an hour without finding a single new car. I am chalking some of the lack of variety to being a console game first (though I'm on PS4 Pro), I know there is a frustrating (but nowhere near as sparse) lack of variety in GTA V compared to the superior PC version. But in 2020 it's pretty lazy to have so few variations.

I guess I could also throw in a complaint about pop-in, it's bad. As in, driving in the oncoming lane is comical as you have to keep an eye out for pop-in. So it tangibly affects gameplay, even looking beyond the comical shadow pop-in that breaks immersion in the relatively nice indoor locations because it's about 8 foot away. They couldn't get shadow distances indoors for an entire room. Lazy. Also, the HD textures for paintings are nice, but when Salieri's bar has 3 of the same painting in one room and two in the next, it's lazy. This is a prime hub location.

It's good for what it is, but it's less than the original and overall a lazy and overly streamlined reimagining. Buy on sale if you like 2&3, but it's the weakest in the series now.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 01:08:04 PM by Sky »
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #14242 on: October 19, 2020, 12:47:43 AM

I have been playing the shit out of Baldurs Gate 3.  For me, that means only about 20 hours, but I feel like I am already getting my money's worth.  It is more or less exactly what I hoped it would be, although there is plenty of jank that needs ironing out.  Even with the tweaks they have made to the ruleset (fewer than I was expecting), they have done a pretty good job of imitating 5e combat.  Clearing out a lowel level dungeon of goblins has taken me hours, because combat resolves at about the same speed it would if you were playing PnP.  There have also been some reloads, because I have had to wrap my mind around the idea I have to pay attention to things in a way other RPGs have gotten away from.  Standing in the fire.  Slipping in the grease.  Avoiding acid splash.  Getting my dumb ass knocked from a perch.  Buffs and debuffs that actually matter and I cannot just hack my way through stuff.  Actually giving a shit about magic.  Actually playing the role of each member in the group and leaving nothing to the AI.  I love it.

Also still slowly plowing my way through Trails of Cold Steel 3.  About 90 hours in, probably at least another 10 to go. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #14243 on: October 20, 2020, 07:14:24 AM

Took a break from Hades to play and finish Return of the Obra Dinn. Great game, possibly the best detective game ever? Has a few rough edges, but it's core mechanic is great and hopefully one that developers can learn from and utilise in the future.
Rasix

Reply #14244 on: October 20, 2020, 11:16:36 AM

I recently started Obra Dinn. Man, I am shit at this.

I'm at like 25 escapes in Hades, but my highest is only 10 heat. I spent a ton of Titan's blood on 2 aspects that I absolutely hate. Yay.

-Rasix
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: