Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 12, 2020, 01:15:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 1212044 times)
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #14140 on: July 27, 2020, 05:14:01 PM

I've never played SF4, but when I play modpacks that are usually Skyblock I set the worldtype to Skylands instead. You get a lot of mostly empty dirt all over, instead of a tiny little island; this mostly just skips the first stage of grind where you're regrowing 1 tree over and over while composting the leaves into dirt until you have more than a 3x3 platform to stand on.

Check out my podcast: ADD&D, Attention Deficit Dungeons & Dragons!
"I think it's time for a dose of F13 RED PILL MOTHER FUCKERS" ~cosapi
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #14141 on: July 27, 2020, 08:23:51 PM

I've never played SF4, but when I play modpacks that are usually Skyblock I set the worldtype to Skylands instead. You get a lot of mostly empty dirt all over, instead of a tiny little island; this mostly just skips the first stage of grind where you're regrowing 1 tree over and over while composting the leaves into dirt until you have more than a 3x3 platform to stand on.

That's a good tip, I will see how hard it is to set the server to skylands. My 9 year old son is advanced in his gaming habits, but that initial grind just killed us. It does not help that I haven't really played packs like this before. I used to just normally screw around with a single mod, like buildcraft etc. I imagine I have even less experience automating than even Sky mentioned.

Another problem I think I have is that I feel like some of the mods just turn Minecraft into a job.

Anyone have any modpack recommendations that are more focused on adventure rather than crazy amounts of automation progression? Hosting a server is pretty easy for me so I am willing to experiment to find the sweet spot of work/adventure.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #14142 on: July 27, 2020, 08:50:12 PM

Golf!

Get "The Golf Club 2019" on Steam and sign up for the upcoming f13 Golf Invitational (or whatever Schild will name the first tournament). It's asynchronous, which means you can play your 18 holes whenever you want, and it saves automatically between holes so you don't even have to do it all in one sitting.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #14143 on: July 28, 2020, 06:22:05 AM

That's a good tip, I will see how hard it is to set the server to skylands. My 9 year old son is advanced in his gaming habits, but that initial grind just killed us. It does not help that I haven't really played packs like this before. I used to just normally screw around with a single mod, like buildcraft etc. I imagine I have even less experience automating than even Sky mentioned.

Another problem I think I have is that I feel like some of the mods just turn Minecraft into a job.

Anyone have any modpack recommendations that are more focused on adventure rather than crazy amounts of automation progression? Hosting a server is pretty easy for me so I am willing to experiment to find the sweet spot of work/adventure.
If you can't figure out the server settings, DM me on Discord this evening and I can pull up my server and walk you through it.

Check out my podcast: ADD&D, Attention Deficit Dungeons & Dragons!
"I think it's time for a dose of F13 RED PILL MOTHER FUCKERS" ~cosapi
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #14144 on: July 28, 2020, 08:36:51 AM

My last jaunt in minecraft was MC Eternal. It's a kitchen sink pack....a very large farmhouse sink or possibly olympic pool....but it also has a bunch of exploration stuff. There was another pack I enjoyed a bit more overall but the author is a sadomasochist and has rewritten a ton of recipes to be ridiculous (like...instead of a block of steel, we'll make it a nether star!). Anyway, a lot more combat in that one, the nether is pretty tough early on and it has boss mobs and dragons and whatnot.

But I hear you on the grind, almost every time I lose interest it's because something I want to do entails a ton of grinding up mods to get the machines I need to make one or two components. I like simple and OP (but oddly not creative mode, I do like to putter along working on stuff).

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #14145 on: August 02, 2020, 06:15:56 PM

Finally getting deep in to Death Stranding. I love the Zen of just delivering shit. I fucking HATE having to act like an idiot, especially in Kojima's super controlling plots, and I hate a faux-open-world. I want to build a goddamn zipline over the mountains, and guess what, a snowstorm comes up right after I deal with the twins etc. If you open new parts of the world, let me futz around in everything already open without prejudice or constraint, mother fucker.
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: