Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:24:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: So how bout them Yankees 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So how bout them Yankees  (Read 17994 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #105 on: August 25, 2004, 09:32:47 AM

After he retires, Tavarez is a shoe-in to star in the next remake of Nosferatu.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: September 03, 2004, 09:04:39 PM

Fine way to cap off a great week for the evil ones.

Oh, and don't look now, but even my lowly Stros are within 2.5 of the sCrUBS.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #107 on: September 07, 2004, 09:03:24 AM

The more I see, the less I'm convinced that the Yanks have the starting pitching to win in the postseason.

The Stros have been hot, but I think the Cubs are about to go on a tear.

WayAbvPar

Reply #108 on: September 07, 2004, 10:07:41 AM

I hope a giant earthquake opens under Yankee Stadium and swallows it whole...then Selig can tell Steinbrenner that he gets to forfeit the rest of his home games. Cocksuckers.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: September 07, 2004, 10:15:35 AM

Quote from: HaemishM
The more I see, the less I'm convinced that the Yanks have the starting pitching to win in the postseason.

The Stros have been hot, but I think the Cubs are about to go on a tear.

When I see the words "Cubs" and "tear" in the same sentence, I am reminded of a certain picture named goatse.cx.
Arcadian Del Sol
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: September 07, 2004, 10:20:02 AM

unbannable
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #111 on: September 07, 2004, 11:03:47 AM

Quote from: WayAbvPar
I hope a giant earthquake opens under Yankee Stadium and swallows it whole...then Selig can tell Steinbrenner that he gets to forfeit the rest of his home games. Cocksuckers.

Yes, the more I thought about that whole deal, the more I was hoping Cashman's house would get swallowed in a hurricane.

The Internet Mime Strikes Again!

Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: September 08, 2004, 07:50:34 PM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #113 on: September 10, 2004, 08:52:28 AM

I will no longer be allowed to make pronouncements about the Cubs, because it seems every time I do, they go out and STEP DIRECTLY ON THEIR DICKS.

The Cubs of this year will have to go down as one of the worst fundamental teams EVER, as well as one of the most underachieving teams. My fucking God, if I have to see Moises Alou doubled off of a base again, I'm going to get stabby. I want to shoot every single bullpen pitcher they have in the face.

There's more to winning in baseball than a goddamn slew of 17 home runs every game.

Please to feed the Cubs whatever the fuck they are feeding the Astros and Red Sox right now.

Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: September 10, 2004, 10:17:36 AM

This Cubs team showed their true character during their meltdown against Houston in that 4-game series a couple weeks ago.  I've never seen a team fall apart in every aspect like they have of late, it's really pathetic.

Are there a few likeable players on the Cubs?  Yes.  But the overall character of a team will always boil down to the character of its manager.  So....... When you have Dusty fuckingpieceofshit Baker as your skipper, you're all going to turn into a bunch of pussyfarting shiteating cornholes.

Phil Garner for president.
daveNYC
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: September 10, 2004, 07:29:04 PM

Quote from: WayAbvPar

They'd just play at Shea, god knows the Mets aren't doing anything useful with the place.
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: September 29, 2004, 08:07:28 PM

The prophecy is fulfilling itself once more.

Oh yeah, and nice sweep by the 'Stros over the Cards.  And bruce don't try to tell me the cards "threw" the games.  =P
schild
Administrator

Reply #117 on: September 29, 2004, 08:09:16 PM

Quote from: Kenrick

Must be an optical illusion of the face paint. But fuck if those mouths don't look like they were just taken off Joker from the old comic books.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #118 on: September 30, 2004, 08:09:22 AM

The Cubs just don't want it bad enough. Every fucking time they get a little lead in the wild card, BAM, they get beat by shitty teams like the Reds or the Mets. I mean, fuck, the Mets starting lineup this weekend had had a combined total of the proverbial "cup of coffee" at the major league level.

Hawkins can't close out games, the bullpen is completely unreliable and inconsistent, and the defense blows. And every time I turn on the radio or TV, some Cub player is making excuses like "the umpires are against me." Fuck you, Moises, just shut up and hit the goddamn ball.

Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: September 30, 2004, 09:17:41 AM

It could be lack of desire, or it could be....

In any case, it's the Astros who are on fire at the right time!
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: September 30, 2004, 12:36:11 PM

Hows 'Glass', I mean Nomar working out? We'll take Orlando thankyou very much.

Go the Astros I say, the playoffs can do without Barry Bonds thankyou very much...and it sets up the possibility of Clemens pitching against the Sox or Yankees in the WS if they make it there.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: October 03, 2004, 10:53:40 AM

It's a good time to be an Astros fan, no?

Can you believe that LA/SF finish last night?? The baseball gods have spoken.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #122 on: October 04, 2004, 09:01:25 AM

The Cubs fucking choked. I don't mean they choked on some bread crumbs or by trying to drink too fast. No, I mean they choked on the gigantic horse cock they were trying to swallow in one gulp. I have never seen a team with so much talent piss away their season so badly, and then make every excuse in the world as to why they weren't winning.

You fucking choked, you losers. You weren't injured the last month of the season, and there were no major injuries during the Mets and Reds series. You just sucked ass.

Next year, the Cubs need to totally overhaul their bullpen. These bunch of retread losers needs to be looking for work elsewhere. Remlinger and Mercker especially. Keep Leicester, Rusch, Dempster and Hawkins and start the fuck over with some consistent arms.

Also, get a fucking leadoff hitter. Patterson is not it, no matter his speed. He strikes out too much. Also, learn how to bunt. You can't wait for the homer every time, because you strike out too fucking much. Get Prior and Wood healthy or just break up the fucking team.

This season was a fucking nightmare.

WayAbvPar

Reply #123 on: October 04, 2004, 09:10:42 AM

Seattle 63 99 .389 29.0 38-44 25-55 13-30 19-24 22-36 Lost 2 5-5

Tell me about it. Thank God Ichiro and Edgar's retirement made the last month at least tolerable. Next year...

SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: October 04, 2004, 10:00:49 AM

Hey, at least you guys were right about the Cubs HR total:

White Sox: 242
Yankees: 242
Cubs: 235
Rangers: 227
Red Sox: 222
Phillies: 215
Cardinals: 214

Rolen cooled off in the second half of the season, and Sanders didn't reach 30 HR (and Pujols didn't reach 50) like I expected.  Ahh well.

Dodgers are going down, baby!

Bruce
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #125 on: October 04, 2004, 10:03:38 AM

That was the Cubs problem. They couldn't hit anything but home runs.

Ardent
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: October 04, 2004, 10:12:22 AM

At least when the Cubs were awful, nobody had any expectations. Now that they have the talent and have actually learned how to win games, it must be doubly frustrating to be a Chicago fan when they fall short.

No Bartman to blame this year, too.

Um, never mind.
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: October 04, 2004, 10:33:16 AM

The best part about the Cubs (espicially if you are a Red Sox fan) is that we dumped on you a disgruntled, injured shortstop who is well past his prime, and in exchange we got 3 players who helped get us into the playoffs.

BTW, Rumor has it Nomar is going to sign with the Yankees and play second base next year.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #128 on: October 04, 2004, 11:13:56 AM

I have the feeling once the Yankees get eliminated in the playoffs this year Steinbrenner will have a conniption fit and dismantle the team in a payroll trimming tirade. Thus, he won't be paying big dollars for fading superstar names.

Joe
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: October 04, 2004, 11:27:16 AM

I have the feeling once the Yankees get eliminated in the playoffs this year Steinbrenner will have a conniption fit and dismantle the team in a payroll trimming tirade. Thus, he won't be paying big dollars for fading superstar names.

I can only dream. I can only dream.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: October 04, 2004, 12:10:02 PM

Quote from: Ardent

At least when the Cubs were awful, nobody had any expectations. Now that they have the talent and have actually learned how to win games, it must be doubly frustrating to be a Chicago fan when they fall short.

No Bartman to blame this year, too.

And now you know what it feels like to be a Red Sox fan.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: So how bout them Yankees  
Jump to: