Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2019, 06:11:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Eve Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 451 times)
Meester
Terracotta Army

on: July 05, 2019, 02:11:57 PM

This topic is more for those crazed veterans who have stayed connected to this no-life spreadsheet simulator where you fly spaceships [RIP Old MMO's topics].

For the uninitiated its a one server 'game'[except China if that server still exists?] where you literally have thousands of players who inhabit thousands of systems at the same time and sometimes in battles. You control one spaceship and those spaceships are flown in a typically third person viewpoint [think Homeworld] and you can configure your spaceships in all kinds of variations and I cannot remember how many different spaceships there are [a lot]. The ones in the picture above represent the main races you get to choose [Gallente Federation, Caldari State, Amarr Empire, Minmatar Republic]. It is a pvp game with pve elements game where typically everything you do competes with other players in some form or another. To do certain things you need skillpoints that are trained over time and not by doing things [though you can also buy skillponts that are culled from other players]. It is also free to play but is primarily a subscription game so free to play [alpha] doesn't allow you to nearly so much as a subscription [omega]. You can pay for omega with in-game items [PLEX] but farming for them as an alpha would just leave you bored in the end so a subscription is really the way to go in the end.

Practically anything is allowed in the game such as scamming and spying and basically you choose what you want to do except where CCP [games creators] forbids it. CCP gets a lot of flack [with good reason] and there is some suspicion that they got lucky with Eve, however they still made the game so kudos there I guess. As a game Eve is not designed to be fair, those who have even a modicum of wits can survive even if it is at the bottom of the barrel. Playing this game for the pve is the quickest way to be disappointed though some people do that anyway be they miners etc though exploration is pretty good. There is high sec space which is safest [for most anyway], low-sec which generally has more pirate players with feeble enforcement from the ai police at the stargates, null-sec which is where there is no enforcement and players can build their space empires, wormhole space and abyssal space. Space ships you can fly include frigates [smallest class vessels], cruisers, battlecruisers, battleships, capital ships etc etc. You can build space stations. There is so much to do it would take a lifetime to explain it all. It started in its beta really and since then has seen many empires rise and fall and it has a rich history maybe more than any other game. Best in-game economy of any game too. Video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPFII3ozSHI

Now the real reason I made a new Eve Online topic.

Instant local is being removed from null-sec! It will soon follow the wormhole space model.

https://www.eveonline.com/article/pu69gy/nullsec-local-blackout-incoming-during-july

There is also this very recent thing of Drifters running around null-sec and blowing people and bots up.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 02:43:59 PM by Meester »
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 04:45:55 PM

Where did the old EVE board go? I don't see it in the graveyard?
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 05:52:05 PM

Where did the old EVE board go? I don't see it in the graveyard?

You have to go multiple levels deep for old MMOs: http://forums.f13.net/index.php?board=50.0
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 06:13:11 PM

You have to go multiple levels deep for old MMOs: http://forums.f13.net/index.php?board=50.0

Yeah its there but posting in a Graveyard is probably not the best place for visibility especially for those few veterans on f13. Hell i'll post there anyway just in case.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 06:27:56 PM

I just wondered. It had been kept as a live forum for years for no good reason and I didn't even notice when it disappeared.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 03:08:29 AM

I would think that co-vert ops and hot drops will be the order of the day.  Apparently Hilmar actually played the game for the first time in a decade and found it stagnate and boring to play outside Wormhole space.

Seems like a Hail Mary plan to try and save the game - did it really take CCP this long to discover that 0.0 was decayed? Maybe the game needed T20 playing for Bob after all.

I can't imagine Goonswarm would let me back in after the rest of the corp joined Pandemic Legion (and I kinda insinuated that The Mittani deserved a ban for something) , and no one seems to talk about PL anymore. Do they still exist?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 02:01:30 AM

and no one seems to talk about PL anymore. Do they still exist?

I think PL's light went into Horde, PL might be a PUBG alliance these days AKA Eve Offline. So yes they exist but not as anything remotely significant as they used to be.

Though since Goons and allies are currently wrecking shit in the north whether there would be anything for PL to return to is another matter [though I imagine some enterprising PL managed to unachor and save a few citadels]. SniggWaffe of WAFFLES is alive.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 12:50:09 PM by Meester »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 11:15:55 AM

My eye twitch is back.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 09:12:06 AM

Bat Country is in Pandemic Horde at the moment.  I don't think anyone from here is still playing with them, but a few of us still hang out in the corp Discord channel and it would make a decent home for anyone looking to get back into the game.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Eve Online  
Jump to: