Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2019, 11:10:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Joker (2019) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Joker (2019)  (Read 974 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you and other troops you control.

Reply #35 on: April 09, 2019, 10:03:58 AM

Look, Bale was good, but you are saying that Keaton was not a good Batman? Forget the fact that the movie doesn't quite hold up as well after the Nolan stuff, but Keaton was a good Batman. Affleck was a good Batman, he just happened to be in almost completely shitty movies - but he and his portrayal of the character was not the problem with those movies at all.

schild
Administrator

Reply #36 on: April 09, 2019, 10:35:35 AM

Even Bale has been mediocre. It's only compared to other Batmen that he's even remotely good.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: April 09, 2019, 10:55:16 AM

If I had to rank live action Batmen it'd be:

Keaton
Affleck
Adam West
Bale

Bale was generally just boring as Batman and Bruce Wayne and his scratchy voice turned the character into a caricature.

This movie looks good but DC marketing has fooled me before. *cough*SuicideSquad*cough*

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #38 on: April 09, 2019, 02:12:45 PM

It's weird that watching two hours of "how society made me become a psychopathic mass murderer, please empathize" might not be all that great even if Joacquin Phoenix plays it?

I am really not into comic-adaptions, so I watched this trailer like, well, like a trailer for a film and it looked good.

Not quite sure what your issues here are.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #39 on: April 09, 2019, 02:19:51 PM

As far as I can tell, the Internet is terribly concerned that right-wing incels will enjoy this movie too much, so much so that it may be a moral imperative for right-thinking people to NOT enjoy it. 

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you and other troops you control.

Reply #40 on: April 09, 2019, 02:59:50 PM

Take the Joker out of it (or hell, don't) and the movie could easily be called "Diary of an Incel."

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #41 on: April 09, 2019, 04:40:43 PM

I can't even tell anymore if I'm being trolled or if our culture wars have reached a new depth of stupidity.

IF this movie aims to using realistic psychological/socio-economic etc. create a fictitious life that might lead someone to become a killer clown guy and nothing else... THEN this is a dumb fucking idea for a movie. That plan is dumb enough that it invalidates any reason to watch said movie regardless of quality. If I need a dose of terrible things can turn human beings into terrible people. I don't need to seek out my local cinema for help with that.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: April 09, 2019, 07:20:08 PM

I mean, I'm not especially optimistic either...

But tragedy has been a staple of the performative arts for most of recorded human history.

So I don't think 'story about society breaking a guy' is exactly plumbing new depths.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Teleku
Terracotta Army

http://tinyurl.com/d89qk7g

Reply #43 on: April 09, 2019, 08:28:19 PM

Yeah, I mean, Taxi Driver is considered a classic, and there have been a lot of movies like it since.  And now this.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
schild
Administrator

Reply #44 on: April 09, 2019, 08:33:28 PM

If incels want to think of themselves as the fucking Joker, like, whatever. Ok.

That's a retard slapfight if ever there was one. I'm just going to enjoy the movie because there's a very high chance it'll be good.
UnsGub
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: April 10, 2019, 12:51:36 PM

Hopefully it is a good as "You Were Never Really Here" which is recommending viewing.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Joker (2019)  
Jump to: