Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2018, 03:57:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Solo: A Star Wars Story 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Solo: A Star Wars Story  (Read 9114 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #245 on: October 08, 2018, 08:48:15 AM

I thought it was good and I would have watched the part 2 they were clearly setting up in theaters. It wasn't great but it was a fun time.

They really do need to grow some balls and just advance the timeline of the universe though if they actually want to make interesting movies.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: October 08, 2018, 09:05:04 AM

Agreed, getting rid of Luke and Han has been the smartest decision of the new movies.

I am the .00000001428%
Teleku
Terracotta Army

http://tinyurl.com/d89qk7g

Reply #247 on: October 08, 2018, 09:31:06 AM

Luke should have been the only one they brought back for one of the movies.  Everybody else should have died off screen or something.  Ford and especially Fischer were painful to watch, and there was just no need to shoehorn them in anymore.  Maybe if these movies had happened only a decade or so after the originals, but everybody was just way to old at this point.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: October 08, 2018, 09:58:37 AM

Han was painful because they wrote him in as a washed out has been old man who left the fight and his wife to take up smuggling and chasing credits. Luke's character was actually really interesting though.

But yes, whatever movies/trilogy/series they come up with next needs to be set up 1000 years in the future/past so we can wipe the slate clean and start over with new lore and stories.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: October 08, 2018, 11:54:27 AM

Hasbro trying to sell geriatric Han Solo and Leia action figures was just the cherry on top.

I am the .00000001428%
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #250 on: October 08, 2018, 12:59:36 PM

I disagree that they need to advance the time line.

Part of why R1 and Solo work is that a well understood backdrop makes it easier to focus in on the story they want to tell. They don't have to overdo exposition and it helps ward off the temptation to make the universe revolve around the characters. It is like making a WW2 film, the one thing you don't have to explain is the war.

As a result nobody complained they don't know the origin story of Krennic, Tarkin, Voss, or the Crimson dudes - wheras holy crap Snoke and the First Order.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: October 08, 2018, 01:50:33 PM

You advance the timeline and plot out 10 years of movies just like marvel. You have your main storyline movies like avengers, then others to flash things out. Start off with one offs to slowly build the world/Galaxy. This way you don't have to do it on a grandiose fashion like with a trilogy.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: October 08, 2018, 01:53:59 PM

I think bringing in Solo was all in all good move. A little bit of nostalgia can go a long way in a new movie.

SUPERLEIA!!! should have been left on the cutting room floor.

Sometimes irony is pretty ironic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Solo: A Star Wars Story  
Jump to: