Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 05:31:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Good Place 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Good Place  (Read 582 times)
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

on: September 20, 2017, 05:29:38 PM

Surprised we don't have a topic for this. I thought it was a pretty amazing show for a network sitcom--structurally very clever, with an interesting twist every single episode, including the brilliant twist of the first season finale.

Premiering tonight at 10PM EST.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you and other troops you control.

Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 09:29:16 PM

I was skeptical of the show when I saw the first trailers but my buddy made me watch the first 15 minutes of the first episode and I was hooked. My wife decided she wanted to watch it too and we both loved it. The twist at the end was brilliant, though I do wonder how long they can keep the premise going.

Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 11:08:45 PM

Tonight's premiere was just brilliant.  Loved the new tortures for Tahani especially.  Really, really loved how Michael-centric it's become, and the manic, desperate flailing as he watches his vision collapse is hilarious.  Did I mention that I love the concept of butthole spiders?  I do.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 03:37:34 PM

Yeah, they kept up the twists and turns. My guess would be that next somehow these four people have changed sufficiently through being tortured that the opposite is happening--they're growing towards The Good Place in ways that are persisting each time Michael restarts the experiment. Which I suspect could be the next twist: what if Michael is a double-agent trying to rescue people from The Bad Place? (Or what if he has to flee with the four of them towards The Mediocre Place in order to escape 'retirement'?) Lots of fun potential, and I suspect they'll keep us guessing throughout.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 12:51:25 PM

Tonight's premiere was just brilliant.  Loved the new tortures for Tahani especially.  Really, really loved how Michael-centric it's become, and the manic, desperate flailing as he watches his vision collapse is hilarious.  Did I mention that I love the concept of butthole spiders?  I do.

Where you been ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 07:31:50 PM

I call Tuesday "butthole spider committee meeting", so I had to rethink everything about my present life.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 09:48:41 PM

Where you been ?

I lurk.  🙂 I've got 4 kids now and a business to run.  So while I still try to cram in a little gaming at work I don't usually have much time anymore for message boards.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 07:10:25 AM

Holy shirtballs, but this show manages to surprise every time. They just blew up a season's worth of plots in a single episode and it was amazing.

I'm pretty sure now that the whole thing is set in Michael's Bad Place and that Janet is the one doing it--the Good Place is experimenting with whether they can make Bad Place demons into better beings. Or something like that.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 08:34:37 AM

Or, what if Michael is in the bad place and being tortured by constantly failing with the threat of being ended for all eternity looming.

I miss Good Eats.  *Sniff*
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 12:22:41 AM

I kind of thought Michael would end up where he is but I thought it'd be at least half a season. My only worry with this show is how long until they run out of new plot twists to throw at us?

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 01:45:56 AM

They have an outline for the entire series, so they at least have a plan.

I miss Good Eats.  *Sniff*
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 12:27:26 PM

I just stumbled upon this on Netflix and binged the first 10 eps of season 1.

Holy shit this show is great.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 09:32:25 AM

Where you been ?

I lurk.  🙂 I've got 4 kids now and a business to run.  So while I still try to cram in a little gaming at work I don't usually have much time anymore for message boards.

4 kids? Shit, dude. I've been curious about the business, last we heard regularly from you, you were just getting started.  You should share pics of your proudest sometime.

I can't get past the panties - Alluvian
I really like the cocks. - Lantyssa
People rarely believe just how good I am at sucking. - Lantyssa
I love the swinging dongs - Signe
schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 09:52:20 AM

Where you been ?

4 kids? I remember you having zero.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 11:47:06 AM

Where you been ?

4 kids? I remember you having zero.

We old.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 15, 2017, 04:32:32 PM

This show is hilarious.  8 episodes in.  Literally have not laughed so much in a while.  The leaving party Tahani threw was the best thing I've seen Danson do ever and what was worse he totally captured the essence of my character.  Was like looking in a mirror.

God, sore sides right now.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Good Place  
Jump to: