Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2017, 07:29:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Justice League 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Justice League  (Read 473 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you and other troops you control.

on: March 25, 2017, 10:30:18 PM

So this now has an official trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cxixDgHUYw

So it needs a thread of its own. I'm still not sold on the color palette. The CGI specifically looks bad in the scenes like where Batman swings in and attacks the parademons. The blues and blacks are way too saturated and contrasty with the over the top oranges. However, I dig how they are portraying Aquaman and Wonder Woman and I even like Flash. Totally unsure about Cyborg though.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 12:11:30 AM

There's something about these new DCEU movies that leave me cold. I like WW (even though I'm not sure Gadot can act) but no one else interests me. Affleck acts like he's already tired of being Batman.
Muffled
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 02:27:04 AM

Every single thing in that trailer is heavily saturated blue or orange except for Cyborg's eye and the 0.1 seconds of green field.  I was tired of that nonsense several years ago, DC has shown me nothing in their recent films to get excited about, so I'm going to be waiting a good while after release on this one before I even consider seeing it.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 02:42:00 AM

Do we really need to give this trailer any more views or attention? It's the sequel to two shitty movies. There's a 39 page thread devoted to BvS and I don't recall a whole lot of positive reactions in there. Can't we just agree to ignore this shit until it goes away?
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 06:31:56 AM

You have my axe vote.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 11:48:25 AM

Ugh.

I miss Good Eats.  *Sniff*
Torinak
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 12:59:00 PM

How is DC so good at putting out trailers that make me less interested in their movies? It'd help if they'd stop making such crappy movies, but making good trailers for bad movies isn't exactly new.

The teaser trailer made me cautiously optimistic. The official trailer shows heroes acting dumb and a lot of bland CGI. Batfleck just seems tired of the whole movie thing.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 01:23:14 PM

I'll watch it. I'm fed up with Batman and Superman but still interested in the rest.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 02:00:38 PM

Seriously, old tired kind-of-burned-out Batman was fine in BvS (it was what made Affleck actually kind of a good Bruce Wayne, to my surprise) but in this trailer, it feels really annoying.

I'm guessing that the blue/grey palette is for scenes either of Apokalips or parts of Earth that are being turned Apokaliptian (given the parademons all over the trailer) but that's also fucking boring as shit considering that it's what Snyder thinks ordinary days on planet Earth should look like.

Cyborg looks cheap. Flash effects are good-looking though.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 04:14:32 PM

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/77902

Whedon takes the DC steering wheel at the last minute for shitty reasons.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #10 on: May 22, 2017, 05:22:15 PM

Lest anyone not click the link, said shitty reason is Zack Snyder's daughter, Autumn, committed suicide in March.

I can't get past the panties - Alluvian
I really like the cocks. - Lantyssa
People rarely believe just how good I am at sucking. - Lantyssa
I love the swinging dongs - Signe
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you and other troops you control.

Reply #11 on: May 22, 2017, 07:19:15 PM

Much as I've grown to dislike Snyder's work recently, that is some seriously shitty stuff to have to be dealing with at any time.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: Today at 05:16:49 AM

Really hard. Poor guy. I feel bad that he clearly is flinching waiting for people to say, "It's your fault because you're working on all these films"--he said as much in his only public statement, that he knows there will be assholes saying things because they hate him so much. We need to get to a place of more collective sanity about our relationship to cultural producers.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: Today at 06:10:45 AM

Separating professional from personal is actually easy.  This guys films suck balls.  This guys trauma at the moment cannot be described or pitied enough.

He's not going to worry about the guilt others heap on him.  I would imagine he's putting himself through more than enough.

Heartbreak

On the other hand, Whedon.  So.  Swings and roundabouts.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: Today at 11:40:37 AM

I'm guessing this is post-principal photography but might still have the odd reshoot and most of the editing to do?

I'm trying to think of any major film that changed hands at this stage?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: Today at 12:28:44 PM

I'm guessing this is post-principal photography but might still have the odd reshoot and most of the editing to do?

I'm trying to think of any major film that changed hands at this stage?
Well, Snyder showed a cut to folks prior to deciding to ask Whedon to write the new scenes - which have yet to be filmed - so this was post first attempt at principal, but clearly someone thought the first attempt was bad enough to need a very different take. 

I will be intrigued to see what Whedon does to humanize the script merely by adding a few scenes and tweaking a few lines of dialogue.  He has long noted the diificulty with making DC heroes work (2009 article):  [url]/http://www.slashfilm.com/joss-whedons-theory-on-why-dc-comic-book-movies-usually-suck/[url]  I am curious what you get when you mix Whedon's approach with these bigger than life heroes.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Justice League  
Jump to: