Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 01:51:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Justice League 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Justice League  (Read 3947 times)
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: November 19, 2017, 04:19:44 AM

It also does a good job of highlighting everything I hate about their current iteration of Batman.  
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 04:22:37 AM by SurfD »

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: November 26, 2017, 08:45:57 AM

Bad. BvS bad. The few things that they got right were things they should have had right all along and all of the problems that they've carried from prior films continue to annoy the heck out of me. They don't even understand their characters. If I were them, I would accelerate into a Crisis on infinite Earths storyline and use that to jettison everyone except Superman and Wonder Woman. Then I'd replace the entire creative team except Jenkins.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 12:02:25 AM by jgsugden »

I miss Good Eats.  *Sniff*
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: November 26, 2017, 01:48:22 PM

Prior films?  Or Richard Pryor films?

Or was there someone else named Pryor involved with the films.

So confused right now.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: November 26, 2017, 05:03:37 PM

I haven't even really felt the desire to see this. That's saying something. It's not even hate or anger, it's just, "Oh, meh, I'm busy and I'm tired and it just isn't interesting."
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: November 27, 2017, 12:03:49 AM

Prior films?  Or Richard Pryor films?

Or was there someone else named Pryor involved with the films.

So confused right now.
Crappy voice text and tired eyes. Apologies.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: November 27, 2017, 12:05:47 AM

I haven't even really felt the desire to see this. That's saying something. It's not even hate or anger, it's just, "Oh, meh, I'm busy and I'm tired and it just isn't interesting."

Don't bother. I had hopes after WW and Whedon coming on board to doctor the film that it would be a decent film. It was bad. There were perhaps 4 or 5 moments I enjoyed over the two hours.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you and other troops you control.

Reply #76 on: November 27, 2017, 11:09:05 AM

I disagree with what you said.

As for the portrayal of Batman, it's not necessarily my choice, but it does have precedence in the comics. This is essentially Zak Snyder's film version of the Batman from Dark Knight Returns, big tank and all.

The movie was better than it deserved to be, mainly because the actors played their characters well, and Whedon got some of the Snyder grimstank off of it. It's not as good as the Marvel movies, true, but it is not as bad as jgsugden makes it out to be, and it's worlds better than BVS.

taleril
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: December 11, 2017, 05:34:28 PM

Felt pretty middle-of-the-road to me overall.  Not as bad as I was worried it would be.  The thing that kept battering my suspension of disbelief was
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: December 12, 2017, 02:56:45 AM

Coworker mentioned that with the money Warner was throwing at this thing, and the probable expected difference in budget and potential earnings between League and the movie Cavill had grown the mustache for, Warner should have just commanded him to shave the fucking thing hand had their hair and wig department make Cavill the most realistic fake mustache they could for the remainder of his shoot on the other movie.  The fake mustache would likely have been WAY more convincing and less noticeable in his other movie than the fucking hatchet job they did trying to remove it with CGI for league, not to mention that between the two options, the fake mustache would have been a hell of a lot cheaper.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Justice League  
Jump to: