Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:11:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2017 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017  (Read 121731 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #140 on: October 01, 2017, 08:52:24 PM

Ugliest first half from Seattle I have seen in a while. 2nd half was fine, at least until Christ Carson's leg turned into a pretzel. My fault- I put him on my fantasy team.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: October 01, 2017, 10:07:37 PM

.....Christ Carson's leg....

Maybe he can heal himself and be ready for next week.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
WayAbvPar

Reply #142 on: October 01, 2017, 11:15:04 PM

That should be "Christ, Carson's leg" LOL

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: October 01, 2017, 11:30:21 PM

Lost Carson and Delvin Cook on the same day.... that team is shot. 
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #144 on: October 03, 2017, 10:44:57 AM

Pro Football Talk reports the Titans worked out free agent QBs Brandon Weeden, Matt Barkley, Matt McGloin, and T.J. Yates on Tuesday.

If ever there were a time for Kaepernick...
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #145 on: October 03, 2017, 11:06:12 AM

Pro Football Talk reports the Titans worked out free agent QBs Brandon Weeden, Matt Barkley, Matt McGloin, and T.J. Yates on Tuesday.

If ever there were a time for Kaepernick...

Seriously... if you are in actual talks about Weeden starting for your team and you don't entertain the idea of working out Kaep, well that speaks VOLUMES.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #146 on: October 03, 2017, 11:55:10 AM

All of those names are objectively terrible QB's. If you seriously can't even be bothered to work out Kaep, you are admitting I'm a racist and my fans are racists too.

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: October 08, 2017, 03:28:00 PM

I realize this won't happen, but there is a possibility for two 0-16 teams this year!

San Fran and Cleveland.  Man wouldn't that be amusing.
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: October 08, 2017, 05:23:28 PM

Man... it is getting almost impossible to do the 'stay the course' with this staff Cleveland is stuck with. How do you not even luck into a win in any of these first games? I'm all for consistency and keeping a GM/Coach around long enough to get it going, but when you are repeating the same stupidity game after game for 21 games in a row?

Having a shit load of draft picks being the only bright spot really is not worth it at all.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
WayAbvPar

Reply #149 on: October 08, 2017, 05:41:23 PM

Sounds like Garrett was useful at least.

Unlike Dallas's Garrett, who fucked up time management AGAIN and let Aaron Rodgers beat him. What a clown.

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: October 08, 2017, 06:19:54 PM

The rest of the Browns schedule looks pretty tough too.  Well.  Most of it.  Maybe they can beat Cinci on try two.
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: October 08, 2017, 07:15:27 PM

The rest of the Browns schedule looks pretty tough too.  Well.  Most of it.  Maybe they can beat Cinci on try two.

They couldn't beat the Jets who are employing their former QB who couldn't do anything while in Cleveland. Couldn't beat Cinci... yeah, they are fucked.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #152 on: October 08, 2017, 07:43:44 PM

And they benched their top draft pick QB of the future! TBF, his replacement played better (at least by the numbers) but yeah, factory of sadness.

Also, the refs in that Dallas/Green Bay were shit, but at least they made up for one idiotic unnecessary roughness call on Green Bay with another completely unnecessary roughing the passer call on Dallas. I swear, the refs continue to suck much ass. It looks like Green Bay lucked into a RB with this Aaron Jones kid. Just based on what I've seen so far, he'd be my starting back over Ty Montgomery at the moment. Holy shit, that Green Bay offensive line, though. They are going to get Aaron Rodgers fucking killed this year.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #153 on: October 09, 2017, 08:56:21 AM

Don't count the Giants out, they may not win anything this year either now that all of their wide receivers are hurt.
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: October 09, 2017, 09:18:16 AM

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-players-who-disrespect-the-flag-wont-be-allowed-to-play/

Jerry Jones throwing the gauntlet down by threatening to fire his players for protesting... Yeah. OK. That'll get far if the whole OL decides just to kneel for the ha-ha's.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: October 09, 2017, 09:25:54 AM

Don't count the Giants out, they may not win anything this year either now that all of their wide receivers are hurt.
Giants play the 49ers, so there can be only 2, but it could be Giants and Browns... but I think there will be no 0-16 teams.  They'll all squeak out one to three wins before the end of the season.

As for Kaep - He is not a plug and play QB.  You have to build an offense around him to have success.  If you drop him into most teams, he'd struggle.  However, at this point, I think the smart thing for the NFL to do is to go to one of these bad teams with no playoff chances and a struggling QB - give them an incentive to sign and play Kaep.  Until people see him fail on the field, this idea that teams won't sign him only because they're all racist / scared of his media impact will not go away.  Even then it'll take a while....

And if you think Jones did not have a clear talk with his team before making that statement, and wasn't sure he'd get all of the core ones to stand, ... well, if they were not on boasrd, that statement would be quite different.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #156 on: October 10, 2017, 10:28:28 AM

Well, umm... ok.

Saints trade Adrian Peterson to the Cardinals for a conditional pick. Since David Johnson went down, the Cards need a back and Chris Johnson ain't doing it. Of course, if they can't block for Peterson, he won't be much of an improvement.

WayAbvPar

Reply #157 on: October 10, 2017, 11:05:35 AM

AD will fit in fine with the rest of the AARP crew in Arizona.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #158 on: October 10, 2017, 03:16:01 PM

Giants play the 49ers, so there can be only 2, but it could be Giants and Browns... but I think there will be no 0-16 teams.  They'll all squeak out one to three wins before the end of the season.

As for Kaep - He is not a plug and play QB.  You have to build an offense around him to have success.  If you drop him into most teams, he'd struggle.  However, at this point, I think the smart thing for the NFL to do is to go to one of these bad teams with no playoff chances and a struggling QB - give them an incentive to sign and play Kaep.  Until people see him fail on the field, this idea that teams won't sign him only because they're all racist / scared of his media impact will not go away.  Even then it'll take a while....

And if you think Jones did not have a clear talk with his team before making that statement, and wasn't sure he'd get all of the core ones to stand, ... well, if they were not on boasrd, that statement would be quite different.

What if.... what if they finish 0 - 0?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #159 on: October 12, 2017, 02:08:44 PM

Zeke Elliot Appeal Struck Down, Will Likely Serve Out His 6-Game Suspension

Or at least, a court has upheld his 6-game suspension so barring an appeal or some kind of reduction in suspension by the league, Zeke's going to be gone for 6 weeks.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #160 on: October 15, 2017, 04:56:31 PM

lol green bay

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: October 15, 2017, 06:15:51 PM

Good thing the Browns sat their 2nd round draft QB, that really shook things up and turned things around.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #162 on: October 15, 2017, 08:45:22 PM

lol green bay

WEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, fuck me. Not only was that my team, that was also my starting fantasy QB.

FUCK.

ME.

RUNNING.

Also, I watched the Dolphins/Falcons game and holy shit, Jay Cutler is BAD. Like, it's been a while since I watched him and I think he is so shell-shocked from all the hits he took in Chicago, he has the yips. I think he might have thrown one pass the entire game where he held the ball long enough to set himself. Otherwise he was just slinging it every which a way. To be fair, his line was hot garbage at pass blocking, usually collapsing just before he fired it out of there. Still, with the wideouts he has, he should not be as shitty as he is, even with that line. He just literally looks like "Nope, not going to take a hit for these chucklefucks." Could Matt Moore really be so bad? If it wasn't for Jay Ajayi and a really good pass rush, this team would be vying for the #1 draft pick. Atlanta, however, has no excuse because going up 17-0 on a team that can't make a third down conversion shouldn't be an issue. Somehow, they give up 20 points in the second half and can't muster diddly shit for offense until the 2 minute warning, at which point they toss up an INT with less than a minute to go. Dan Quinn, DEFENSIVE GENIUS PEOPLE!

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: October 15, 2017, 10:34:50 PM

Maybe Green Bay should pick up Kaep?  They should have lots of tape on him running for thousands of yards against them.  Plus, the city of Green Bay should be more than supportive of a person of color expressing his rights.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: October 15, 2017, 10:48:26 PM

Kaep is an evil motherfucker when he runs. Swear that dude dodges shit he's got no business dodgin.

Frankly, I'm a touch glad he's not playing, because Seattle can't seem to catch that dude for shit.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
WayAbvPar

Reply #165 on: October 15, 2017, 11:13:44 PM

That is why they should have signed him when they brought him in before the season. Instead we have Austin goddamned Davis. Hope Russ can stay healthy.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #166 on: October 16, 2017, 09:07:47 AM

I managed to beat Haemish with 64 points, which is saying something considering I had Matt Ryan and his team of fuckups as my main QB for the week.

Falcons are bad. The entire NFC outside of Philly looks supremely mediocre. Hell if the AFC doesn't run away with this Super Bowl again, I'm going to assume there was a real resurgence by one of these NFC teams in the second half.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #167 on: October 16, 2017, 09:32:58 AM

Maybe Green Bay should pick up Kaep?  They should have lots of tape on him running for thousands of yards against them.  Plus, the city of Green Bay should be more than supportive of a person of color expressing his rights.

You know what? I'd be perfectly fine with Kaep. He certainly has more experience than Hundley who is likely about to show his credentials for "I will always be a backup" as well as "Mike McCarthy has coasted off Aaron Rodgers for his entire goddamn coaching career."

They won't sign him because... well, you know why.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #168 on: October 16, 2017, 09:57:19 AM

I was thinking recently about how little of the NFL I'm watching lately and how the product looks rather...meh on TV.

Then I thought I'm mainly an NFC guy, and the NFC has one exactly one Super Bowl in the last 5 years. It's been incredibly dominant by the AFC teams in the playoffs, and we really don't talk about how much better the top end teams of the AFC seem to do against the NFC.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #169 on: October 16, 2017, 01:01:27 PM

I've watched practically no football this year, but I did catch the last quarter of the Steelers-Chiefs game yesterday and enjoyed it a lot.  Not just because I'm a Pittsburgh fan, either, I think.
WayAbvPar

Reply #170 on: October 16, 2017, 04:44:23 PM

I was thinking recently about how little of the NFL I'm watching lately and how the product looks rather...meh on TV.

Then I thought I'm mainly an NFC guy, and the NFC has one exactly one Super Bowl in the last 5 years. It's been incredibly dominant by the AFC teams in the playoffs, and we really don't talk about how much better the top end teams of the AFC seem to do against the NFC.

And who was it that won that one?  awesome, for real

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: October 16, 2017, 09:48:07 PM

Dude, don't bring that one up!  It is just going to remind everyone of the other one....

I have cut my cable earlier this year, so there has been no football for me.  Don't feel like I am missing much.

Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: October 17, 2017, 03:26:29 AM

Getting really tired of people claiming anthem protests are having a negative effect on NFL ratings... It's low hanging fruit so I understand, but it still pisses me off.

WayAbvPar

Reply #173 on: October 17, 2017, 09:26:56 AM

You have to remember that roughly half this country is so stupid they need reminders to keep breathing.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: October 17, 2017, 11:38:58 AM

Obama endorsed regualar breathing, hydration, and food consumption. He also said you shouldn't drink bleach, that fuckin hippie.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2017  
Jump to: