Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:42:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2017 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017  (Read 121680 times)
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: April 04, 2017, 10:27:10 PM

Good for him.  Like Haemish said, must be a pretty good dude for me not to instinctively hate him.

Cutler to Houston kinda makes sense.

Kap needs to go somewhere with a more liberal fan base, but right now I am struggling to determine if there really is such a thing in the NFL.  Too bad there is no London franchise yet.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: April 05, 2017, 07:56:35 AM

I'm gonna guess that football is the most right wing of the 4 major sports.  Ain't gonna find a liberal fan base. Maybe he could take up soccer? Ohhhhh, I see.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #37 on: April 05, 2017, 08:23:53 AM

Yeah I am pretty sure Kaep was already in the most liberal part of the country.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #38 on: April 05, 2017, 08:36:44 AM

He might be best served by going to the CFL for a couple seasons. Keeping his skills sharp in a geographic area that probably doesn't give a fuck.

The sports media and especially ESPN really fucked this up for him. Every game there was so much focus on who was going to stand/sit/kneel for something for an aspect of the game that most of us never think about. Sure, it got the message out, but they also made sure that he was focal point of where it all went back to. And it just kept going, it was like the NFL equivalent of Benghazi.

-Rasix
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: April 05, 2017, 05:56:06 PM

Kaep's 'stance' on the anthem is the third biggest reason he doesn't have a gig right now.  #1: He wants to be a starter.  #2: Nobody thinks he is talented enough to start for them.  You have to build an offense around a guy like Kaep and nobody wants to build that offense around a guy that flakey.  I think a desperate team could sign Kaep, RG III and Johnny Football - not to try to be successful, but to try to cash in and  have 3 cheap QBs that can run that brutal offense - maybe enough to last the season.  However, I do not see any team that desperate.  You'd need a really bad team with no plan at QB that was trying to make money while tanking so that they could get an early pick for a qb.  You'd need that team to have a coach that was locked in enough that he knew he was not going to be fired for a bad season.  You'd need a fanbase dumb enough to buy the junk and think Kaep, RG III and Johnny Football might have something to offer.   I just don't see it. 

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #40 on: April 06, 2017, 06:17:57 AM

I'm gonna guess that football is the most right wing of the 4 major sports.  Ain't gonna find a liberal fan base. Maybe he could take up soccer? Ohhhhh, I see.

I think it would be a close battle between NFL and MLB. Baseball people are far majority white, older, and absolutely hate changes.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: April 06, 2017, 12:17:31 PM

Kaep needs to swallow his pride and go for a back position. Dude can run like nobody's business, but can't make a decision under pressure to save his life.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: April 06, 2017, 09:23:41 PM

I dunno, it seems what happens with a lot of these running QBs is that they establish themselves early as pretty good dual threats where their running ability more than makes up for lack of ability in the pocket.  Then the regime decides they have to start protecting their star, and the first thing they do is limit the spontaneous running and even a lot of the designed runs.  Which doesn't usually work for extremely obvious reasons.  Early Russel Wilson would have been another example, except that it turns out he pretty capable in the pocket (it still drives me crazy that they have taken all the designed runs out of the playbook).  RG3 is an even better example, because we all saw how physically and mentally fragile he was one he was no longer able to run past everyone.

Early Kaepernick was dangerous as a QB because he could run like a fucking cheetah.  He has not lost that ability.  Somebody could make use of that, if only they could invest the money and then not worry so much about protecting it.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: April 14, 2017, 02:52:12 PM

Not sure how much anyone cares but the Jury acquited ex-Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez in his double-murder trial.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19159319/jury-acquits-ex-new-england-patriots-tight-end-aaron-hernandez-double-murder-trial

Hic sunt dracones.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: April 14, 2017, 04:27:48 PM

Thankfully he still will rot in jail for life for his other murder conviction.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: April 19, 2017, 08:21:57 AM

Thankfully he still will rot in jail for life for his other murder conviction.

He apparently just committed suicide.

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: April 19, 2017, 08:43:37 AM

No, he's just out with a neck injury.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: April 19, 2017, 09:02:53 PM

Normally that would have been a "too soon" kind of joke, but for this guy...yeah. 

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #48 on: April 20, 2017, 07:16:42 AM

Yeah, I am not at all sad for his passing, nor all that bothered by hanging jokes. He was a piece of shit.

WayAbvPar

Reply #49 on: April 20, 2017, 10:21:38 AM

He should have had to rot in jail. As is usual for pussies who need a gun to feel like a man, he took the easy way out.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: April 20, 2017, 01:46:31 PM

It gets better, and we might need a thread for "ridiculous celeb lawsuits," or something.

Aaron Hernandez’s Brain Being Held ‘Illegally’ by Medical Examiner: Lawyer

Insert joke about Tom Bradys brain here.

Hic sunt dracones.
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: April 27, 2017, 07:01:54 AM

As a Browns fan, this is the most wonderful part of the year!  ACK!

And so help me god if they take Trubisky @ 1. If this happens, I will be forced to go out and buy a Steelers sweatshirt because I can't deal with another wasted 5 years.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: April 27, 2017, 09:06:31 AM

Happy for Lynch. He's gettin to do what he wants. Good for him.

Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: April 27, 2017, 05:45:21 PM

Whew... thank god I don't have to do anything drastic.

And WTF Chicago?  swamp poop

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: April 27, 2017, 06:38:57 PM

Chicago  ACK!

The Browns trade down, as is tradition. They at least got a big bounty for it, but I feel like we always stockpile picks and then do nothing with them.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: April 27, 2017, 07:12:28 PM

Chicago  ACK!

The Browns trade down, as is tradition. They at least got a big bounty for it, but I feel like we always stockpile picks and then do nothing with them.

Next draft the Browns have 2 First round picks and 3 second rounders... that is insane to me.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #56 on: April 27, 2017, 07:26:25 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure what Chicgao was doing grabbing Trubisky that high. The Texans picked up Watson so we should see a fantastic flameout by the end of the season, as they waste yet another year of great defense on a suspect QB.

Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: April 28, 2017, 04:50:52 AM

I'm not sure how to feel after that first round. Is this what it feels like to have a good draft? Should I just be a traditional Browns fan and wait for the other shoe to drop?

For now, I'm quite happy with the picks. Hope Peppers turns into the Cleveland version of Polamalu. And moving up for the kid from Miami? Jury is still out given how young he is, but still... second best TE in the draft? I'll take it on behalf of the Cleveland fans.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: April 28, 2017, 06:04:13 AM

Having a great draft doesn't take away from the fact that you're still Cleveland.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: April 28, 2017, 06:42:18 AM

Are the Bears the new Browns? holy fuck why do teams still do this shit.

Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: April 28, 2017, 06:48:02 AM

Having a great draft doesn't take away from the fact that you're still Cleveland.

BAD FORM!! Cleveland only has the draft, at least give us this. We can start the melee on them when preseason starts.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #61 on: April 28, 2017, 09:37:16 AM

Are the Bears the new Browns? holy fuck why do teams still do this shit.

Yeah, I'm not sure what they were thinking trading 3 picks to move up 1 slot for a QB that everyone agrees is still a developmental prospect. But hey, they have Mike Glennon!

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #62 on: April 28, 2017, 10:12:31 AM

That the Niners weren't even going to take, though obviously the Bears couldn't have known that for sure.
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: April 28, 2017, 01:29:20 PM

That the Niners weren't even going to take, though obviously the Bears couldn't have known that for sure.

Think the Bears were worried about the other teams trading up for him rather than SF taking the titty kisser.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #64 on: June 10, 2017, 08:26:54 AM

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: August 02, 2017, 05:51:57 PM

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 06:17:17 PM by Trippy »

Hic sunt dracones.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: August 02, 2017, 06:27:32 PM

In regards to the 49ers lets just say I might've been at a charity event in the Silicon Valley area where the only item that couldn't get a bid was a 49ers tailgate and ticket package. All with York in attendance.
 awesome, for real awesome, for real

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #67 on: August 02, 2017, 06:41:42 PM

In the 17 years that the Yorks have been in control we've had 5 winning seasons. Even those of us who came of age during the glory years are used to the Niners sucking now.
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: August 03, 2017, 03:12:15 AM

In the 17 years that the Yorks have been in control we've had 5 winning seasons. Even those of us who came of age during the glory years are used to the Niners sucking now.

Please, tell me more...  Ohhhhh, I see.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #69 on: August 04, 2017, 07:20:18 AM

This February, the Falcons played the worst half in American sports history and the 49ers just hired the guy responsible for it.

All true, and they are about to learn the hard way he's a worse asshole than Jim Harbaugh could ever hope to be. Because Harbaugh had some redeeming qualities and his shit-kicking shenanigans could actually be funny at times. Shanny's shenanigans are crude and tragic.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2017  
Jump to: