Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:04:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Useless TV 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless TV  (Read 125224 times)
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #210 on: March 25, 2018, 09:26:35 AM

Saw that they had Chinese names, but kept hearing Japanese so figured it was one of their shows.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: April 21, 2018, 10:37:20 PM

I just watched Hap & Leonard season 3 and I thought it was really good (far better than season 2). I really hope they do another season despite the low numbers.
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #212 on: May 31, 2018, 03:14:44 PM

All five seasons of Babylon 5 are coming to Amazon Prime in June.

I know most of the series doesn't deserve the pedestal that geekdom has placed it on, but there are quite a few episodes in seasons 2-4 I'll gladly rewatch.

Edit: I can't calendar today.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 04:26:58 PM by Father mike »

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: June 17, 2018, 07:02:26 PM

Amazon passed on an Old Kingdom/Sabriel TV series co-written by the author. Fools!

Pilot has been written, now shopping to other networks.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #214 on: October 11, 2018, 02:13:52 PM

Man in the High Castle S03E10

Dornier Do-31

Did you know that's a real thing? Vertical take off transport plane! Heart Heart Heart

Watch for sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3YueCf1JeI

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: October 11, 2018, 02:36:33 PM

That thing looks like War Rocket Ajax.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: October 15, 2018, 12:56:42 AM

Haunting of Hill House starting off strong, but I dearly wish that the Horror Genre could escape the clichés even once.  You can literally write the jump scares and tropes yourself as you go.

Interesting cast and dynamic thus far tho.

schild
Administrator

Reply #217 on: October 18, 2018, 12:00:55 AM

Haunting of Hill House starting off strong, but I dearly wish that the Horror Genre could escape the clichés even once.  You can literally write the jump scares and tropes yourself as you go.

Interesting cast and dynamic thus far tho.

i couldn't bring myself to finish episode 2

i'm going to force myself through it though, and considering i just watched slender man tonight i really have no fuckin excuse
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #218 on: October 18, 2018, 08:30:52 PM

I only watched the first episode of the Hill House one.  It was okay but I'm in no hurry.  I've been addicted to horror films since I was like six or something and I aways watch a lot during October... tis the season... and most of it is rubbish.  Now that you've watched Slender Man, you also have no excuse not to watch Stickman.  Poor you.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: November 18, 2018, 10:43:03 AM

Recommend the Bodyguard on Netflix with Robb Stark. Well done British thriller tv.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: January 02, 2019, 07:43:09 AM

Binge watched 'Press' on the plane. 6 episode series about competing UK papers.

Pretty good. Looks like available on PBS for US viewers.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: January 04, 2019, 04:39:54 AM

I am hearing and seeing references to this damn Bird Box thing, so I feel compelled to watch it just so I feel like I can be in on the meme.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: January 04, 2019, 09:56:23 AM

I am hearing and seeing references to this damn Bird Box thing, so I feel compelled to watch it just so I feel like I can be in on the meme.

Me too.

And without spoilers, is this movie actually, you know, good? At least to whatever viewing demographic I'm pigeonholed in.

(Meaning I never need to see another movie again that eloquently, and solely exists to, demonstrate the evils of racism/drugs/bullying/religious intolerance/whatever. I got that, I'm good and informed thank you.)
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: January 04, 2019, 08:06:21 PM

I liked Bird Box. It’s not groundbreaking (think A Quiet Place) but it is well acted and done. “Hell is other people” is a big theme though so if you don’t want to see humanity screwing each other at the end of the world you’ll be disappointed.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: February 04, 2019, 05:59:24 AM

Finished the first season of Kingdom on Netflix and it was pretty bloody good.  I mean, not good enough to make a thread about (or even find one) but bloody good.  Glad they subtitled rather than dubbed, loved the hook of the monsties, acting was great with one exception and the cliffhanger was BRUTAL.

Well worth a watch.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #225 on: February 05, 2019, 02:43:54 AM

Interesting.  The trailer looks interesting, but I am not quite sure I can get my filthy, uncultured arse to watch a subtitled show these days.  It would force me to actually look at the screen for the entire time, which it bothers me to consider that I may be unable to do.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #226 on: February 05, 2019, 06:40:50 AM

Finished the first season of Kingdom on Netflix and it was pretty bloody good.  I mean, not good enough to make a thread about (or even find one) but bloody good.  Glad they subtitled rather than dubbed, loved the hook of the monsties, acting was great with one exception and the cliffhanger was BRUTAL.

Well worth a watch.

I watched it dubbed, it was pretty good that way too. And yes, fuck that cliff hanger.

I am the .00000001428%
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #227 on: February 05, 2019, 07:38:39 AM

Hey, you know it worked ;  you really wanna know what happens next, right ?

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: February 05, 2019, 08:06:41 AM

Oh absolutely, i just want it now :(

I am the .00000001428%
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: February 10, 2019, 07:25:11 PM

Russian Doll was a pretty decent show I thought.
tar
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: February 11, 2019, 12:33:32 AM

On balance I enjoyed it, but thought it was about twice as long as it needed to be for the story it had to tell.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: February 11, 2019, 05:56:01 PM

On balance I enjoyed it, but thought it was about twice as long as it needed to be for the story it had to tell.

Yeah I thought it was building to something more interesting than it ended with.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: February 17, 2019, 05:13:13 AM

Russian Doll.  Avoid.

It adds nothing new.  And it's annoying as fuck.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: February 19, 2019, 04:15:17 AM

I see Into the Badlands has been cancelled. The martial arts choreographers for that show deserved a better series, I hope someone has the good sense to hire that entire team.

What really ruined the show was the fucking kid, who has to have been the worst actor in a major role that I've seen anywhere, just about. Painful.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: February 19, 2019, 04:24:10 AM

I see Into the Badlands has been cancelled. The martial arts choreographers for that show deserved a better series, I hope someone has the good sense to hire that entire team.

What really ruined the show was the fucking kid, who has to have been the worst actor in a major role that I've seen anywhere, just about. Painful.

I agree he wasn't very good, but I wouldn't say worst ever  why so serious?

But yeah, kind of a shame.  I like Season 1 a lot, the last two seasons were kinda meh.  But the choreography was unbelievable.  I hope they find another vehicle for that guy.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #235 on: March 10, 2019, 03:17:35 PM

So I can't find a thread that talks about True Detective Season 3;  However, I've just finished it and it was brilliant.

The comparison between it and season 1 will be drawn (particularly amongst people who don't acknowledge season 2 existed), but for my part, I am honestly trying to figure out if I liked this one MORE and I fear the answer might be yes.

If you haven't watched, you should.  It's truly fine.

Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: March 10, 2019, 03:27:04 PM

So I can't find a thread that talks about True Detective Season 3;  However, I've just finished it and it was brilliant.

The comparison between it and season 1 will be drawn (particularly amongst people who don't acknowledge season 2 existed), but for my part, I am honestly trying to figure out if I liked this one MORE and I fear the answer might be yes.

If you haven't watched, you should.  It's truly fine.

Trying to avoid spoilers, but it's on my "watch next" list.

Edited to add: Just watched the first episode, and it is certainly starting off strong.

But then I didn't hate the second season either. It wasn't as gripping as the first, but then what was?

Still going to avoid too much discussion about it yet though. This is not a show I can binge watch, so will be a few weeks before finishing.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 09:36:55 AM by Mandella »
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #237 on: March 12, 2019, 11:57:41 AM

If you haven't watched, you should.  It's truly fine.
I keep trying to get the other half to watch it but she wants to dedicate a weekend or holiday to watch it as we tend to get sucked in. Hopefully we can watch it soon.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: March 16, 2019, 03:19:21 AM

Love Death and Robots has started and omg, they've made a cartoon of Sonnies Edge, the story by that pervert Hamilton.

That's a bit mental.  I wonder who else they're gonna do.

Edit ;  ooo full listings and they did Reynolds as well.  wheee.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: March 17, 2019, 03:51:25 PM

Yah enjoying this so far.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: April 23, 2019, 01:27:25 AM

Watching that Vampire thingy 'The Passage' with the family.

Strangely entertaining.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: April 23, 2019, 05:24:06 AM

Santa Clarita Diet season 3 is out, and so I went back to the beginning and started with S1 again.  I think this is one of the funniest shows around.

schild
Administrator

Reply #242 on: April 27, 2019, 11:14:35 AM

Santa Clarita Diet season 3 is out, and so I went back to the beginning and started with S1 again.  I think this is one of the funniest shows around.

ends with a cliffhanger and has been canceled
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #243 on: April 27, 2019, 12:15:24 PM

I'm about done with Netflix over this shit. I have actively started waiting to watch shows until they're wrapped up because of this crap. I know the networks did the same shit, but it becomes so much more egregious with how we binge consume content now.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #244 on: April 28, 2019, 06:11:49 AM

ends with a cliffhanger and has been canceled

Nooooooooooooooooooo.  You are fucking with me.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Useless TV  
Jump to: