Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 25, 2018, 03:50:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Useless TV 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless TV  (Read 13541 times)
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #175 on: January 16, 2018, 11:09:38 AM

On a positive note, and I'm not sure it doesn't deserve its own thread, Netflix has come out with a Japanese 'live action' series based on an anime series named "Erased". Its essentially a time-travel rewind the past to correct the present type tale but that's not doing it justice. If you enjoy good anime stories like Mushishi or Full Metal Alchemist which combines a blend of the brutal realities of child abuse and murder with the most gentle and sweet interactions between characters to make a devastating concoction, this may be for you.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something.

-Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

"let go of my dick you mother fucker!"  - Jimbo
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: January 17, 2018, 03:51:50 AM

Er, sounds good, I guess.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: January 22, 2018, 10:01:13 PM

I'm looking for a new crime/detective series to watch, but at this point I think I've seen them all - at least all the British ones. Do the US have any decent ones on offer, or are they all CSI style rubbish?

Expect poison from the standing water.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #178 on: January 23, 2018, 11:55:04 AM

Elementary?

Edit: there's also Life which is one of my favorite shows.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 11:56:50 AM by Trippy »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: January 23, 2018, 07:46:25 PM

Elementary?

Edit: there's also Life which is one of my favorite shows.

Alas, I've watched them both. Elementary went a bit off the rails for me (UK Sherlock tho).

Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: January 24, 2018, 11:05:32 PM

"Castle" was a pretty good procedural, up until they stopped being episodic and tried to have season arcs.  It had a cutsey twist to make it stand out, and Nathan Fillion is fun.

"Forever" was decent.  Its shtick was an immortal who worked as a coroner for the NYPD.  only one season, tho.

These are network crime dramas -- they're pretty tame.  If you're looking for edgier, NetFlix/HBO dramas, you may find these a little dull.

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you and other troops you control.

Reply #181 on: January 25, 2018, 09:53:18 AM

The Bridge was a pretty decent FX cop show that lasted 2 seasons about a Mexican cop and an American DEA agent, based on I think a Finnish or Swedish show of the same name.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #182 on: January 28, 2018, 01:42:13 AM

Great cast and my first introduction to Damien Bashir.  Kruger and Buffalo Bill were great too.   The show actually got better in the second season after they ditched trying to remake the Scandinavian original series (Franka Potente was wild).   I think if this was on AMC it would have kept going and found an audience. FX too quick on the trigger.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

-H.L. Mencken
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: January 28, 2018, 03:41:48 AM

Yeah, we watched some of the scandi original, and the UK remake (the Tunnel), but not the US one. I wasn't sold on it. I prefer the more mystery side of these things, rather than the drama or thriller aspects (I dislike Broadchurch for example, as it's pretty much just a soap opera).

Never given Castle a go though, will look it up.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: January 28, 2018, 09:48:29 AM

Castle is amusing, though it eventually wears out its welcome.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #185 on: January 28, 2018, 11:51:13 AM

It's not exactly a cop drama, but all 3 seasons of Fargo are goddamn excellent.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: January 28, 2018, 11:55:11 AM

Castle is Nathan Fillion being Nathan Fillion. If you find him amusing you will enjoy it for a couple of seasons. If you don't then pass.

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked. - Thomas Moore
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #187 on: January 30, 2018, 11:42:57 AM

If you like documentaries, Alex Gibney has a new series on Netflix called Dirty Money, specifically about different ways big businesses are fucking the shit out of people. The first episode of 6 is about Volkswagen's emissions standards defeat device and the prevalence of European car manufacturers (and really US ones too) using defeat devices to lie to regulators about the pollution from diesel cars. I've only watched that first one but it's good.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: February 22, 2018, 09:25:44 AM

What Freshman shows reallyvvstuck the Season 1 landing in the last few years? Way too many good shows fall apart withb3 episodes to go... I'm looking for a few that end strong.

What can you tell me about gaming and fun in Charlotte, NC?
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #189 on: Today at 03:43:34 AM

I watched 5 hours of a MASH marathon tonight.  Seen every episode like 10 times before back in the 80s when it was on 3 times a day. Was like putting on a nice, well-worn shoe.  I am old.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

-H.L. Mencken
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #190 on: Today at 09:26:33 AM

I watched 5 hours of a MASH marathon tonight.  Seen every episode like 10 times before back in the 80s when it was on 3 times a day. Was like putting on a nice, well-worn shoe.  I am old.

How did it hold up? We've done something similar but with Golden Girls.  It really holds up except for the fact that the ladies are in their late 50s in the show and thats.not.that.far.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Useless TV  
Jump to: