Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 08:33:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Useless TV 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless TV  (Read 125202 times)
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: April 28, 2019, 06:18:22 AM

Goddammit.  For a service that relies more and more on original content, they sure have a fucking strange approach towards evaluating that content.  They are going to end up cannibalizing themselves.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: May 01, 2019, 05:04:05 AM

Finished the last episodes of Santa Clarita now, and fucking fuck.  I hope they lose a billion subs over this.  At some point they have to stop this crap, it isn't network television.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
schild
Administrator

Reply #247 on: May 16, 2019, 08:42:05 PM

Santa Clarita Diet season 3 is out, and so I went back to the beginning and started with S1 again.  I think this is one of the funniest shows around.

ends with a cliffhanger and has been canceled

Nooooooooooooooooooo.  You are fucking with me.

why would i do that
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: May 20, 2019, 12:27:41 AM

Because I would have preferred that over having SCD cancelled?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: May 30, 2019, 12:39:49 PM

I want Archer Season 10 and I don't get it.

I hate life.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #250 on: September 07, 2019, 01:14:26 PM

This Dark Crystal series is actually quite entertaining thus far.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: September 08, 2019, 01:33:34 AM

Was thinking about starting in on that, but I never saw the original stuff (probably because the family matriarchs were concerned about it being a conduit straight to Satan).  Is the original required viewing and/or does it remotely hold up?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: September 08, 2019, 03:37:03 AM

Prequel, so no not required (in fact, you could argue that it's better not to have...)

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: September 08, 2019, 03:59:37 AM

Cool, sold.  I am about to wrap up Handmaid’s Tale season 3 (which everyone should watch), so I will probably start this next.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: September 09, 2019, 10:48:24 AM

So this Dark Crystal stuff is surprisingly well done.  It took me a bit to get over the fact that am watching fucking muppets, but the quality here is indeed high.  Visually excellent,  Great voice work.  Great puppetry (muppetry?).  Both whimsical and dark.  Skeksis would have scared the shit out of the 10 year old version of me.  It all feels rather epic.  Also, I fucking love Hup already, and Podlings in general.

Oh, and under the assumption that this is mostly puppets and actual built set pieces, it puts a lie to the idea the CGI is better.  Whatever this is is better.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 10:51:01 AM by Cyrrex »

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: September 09, 2019, 11:10:24 AM

Watch all the episodes.  Then when it automatically starts to play the making of, WATCH THAT TOO.

The effort put into this show is superhuman and it shows.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: September 09, 2019, 11:27:32 AM

Will do.  Even halfway through the first episode, I was wondering to myself how the fuck they managed 10 episodes.  Just the sets alone....

3 down, 7 to go.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: September 13, 2019, 11:56:00 AM

Damn.  Finished up the Dark Crystal, and also the ‘making of’ that followed it.  Just great.  If there is still a little kid inside you, you should watch this.  I have no idea how this prequel series flows into the movie (I haven’t seen it, but I for sure will no)....but I sure hope they make more of this.  Wonder if the economics are worth it, it looks like it was a huge undertaking.

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #258 on: September 17, 2019, 05:12:57 PM

NBC announced a streaming service called Peacock (lol) headlined with a new Battlestar Galactica reboot by Sam Esmail (Mr Robot).
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: September 17, 2019, 10:03:40 PM

Huh.  Okay.  I'd be down for another BG.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: December 05, 2019, 05:24:07 AM

Currently watching "The End of the F**king World".  Weird British series.  I like it, but I don't know why.  2 short seasons, and the episodes are barely over 20 minutes.

It is not really about the end of the world, despite the title. 

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: December 10, 2019, 04:12:14 AM

Just finished up Chernobyl, which maybe has a thread, I dunno.  Really well done, and really well acted by both whathisface and the other guy.  For whatever reason, I never received a proper education about what actually went on with that whole mess, so what a goddamn eye-opener that was.  I mean, it was a disaster obviously, but was it really that close to being a global catastrophe like they depicted?  Jesus F Christ.

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #262 on: December 10, 2019, 04:18:43 PM

The whole eastern bloc was full of similar reactors when communism fell. Could probably do a whole series about near-misses and post-communism troubleshooting that went on.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #263 on: December 10, 2019, 04:56:27 PM

Hulu wants you to watch a whole documentary about Hillary Clinton and has released a trailer.
schild
Administrator

Reply #264 on: December 10, 2019, 05:28:57 PM

future man or nothing, hulu
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #265 on: December 10, 2019, 10:36:59 PM

Hulu wants you to watch a whole documentary about Hillary Clinton and has released a trailer.

But why though?

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #266 on: December 10, 2019, 10:57:00 PM

Her emails.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #267 on: March 10, 2020, 09:50:14 AM

Started a rewatch of all seasons of Spartacus.  Which makes no goddamn sense when I still have a backlog of shit I have not seen waiting.  It still holds up perfectly.  This show is like my happy place.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: March 30, 2020, 04:28:35 PM

We started Ragnarok. Not sure it warrants a thread but not sure it deserves all the hate it is getting from people who think it's Twilight. Better than Percy Jackson at any rate
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #269 on: April 17, 2020, 10:28:02 AM

Not sure if anyone is watching Ozark, but that is some good shit.  Jason Bateman is one of the most underrated dudes on TV.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #270 on: April 17, 2020, 11:24:18 AM

Ozark is very good tv. I got halfway through S3 and decided to rewatch from scratch. Show is flipping brutal and the tension is legitimate.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #271 on: April 17, 2020, 11:39:37 AM

Yeah, I restarted when S3 came out, totally worth it.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #272 on: April 17, 2020, 11:40:32 AM

If you happen to have Epix, the show Pennyworth is pretty good. It's by the same showrunner as Gotham (Bruno Heller), and it focuses on the early adult life of Alfred Pennyworth, Batman's butler. The lead is pretty good and it reminds me a lot of a mixture of Guy Ritchie's crime movies and Gotham's visual and character style. I've seen the first two episodes. Since it's on a pay channel, they do not spare the fucks and adult content.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #273 on: April 22, 2020, 03:08:24 PM

I've now finished the first season of Pennyworth and I'll say it's worth watching if:

1) You liked Gotham - it very much has the same Euro-weird vibe especially to the villains and such. I don't know how else to describe it but it's definitely something that wasn't cooked up by an American, from the sense of humor to the violence, and it definitely fits right in the wheelhouse of a lot of BBC action type things I've seen in the past.
2) You like Guy Ritchie's Cockney Crime dramas mixed with a bit of Man from UNCLE style action. It's fun and daffy at times but overall mixes dark humor with weird characters and some gritty character drama.

Overall, it was worth the watch and I look forward to see where they go with Season 2, whenever they can get it filmed. Whether it's worth the Epix subscription price is up to you - I got a free month from YoutubeTV and will probably subscribe because Julian Fellowes new drama Belgravia is on there as well and my wife loves her some Julian Fellowes stuff.

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #274 on: May 05, 2020, 08:11:18 PM

Upload (Amazon): Probably not worth it's own thread, but fun. Maybe works a little too hard at trope subversion, but generally earns it.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #275 on: May 05, 2020, 10:34:34 PM

Against my better judgement, I started watching Colony on Netflix.  Alien invasion type thing with Josh Holloway (Sawyer) and Sarah Wayne Callies.  It a good placeholder show, the kind of thing to watch when you aren't sure what else to watch, much better than I thought it would be.  Also the only thing with SWC where I didn't want to punch her straight in her dumb face.  And Holloway is quite good.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #276 on: May 20, 2020, 10:54:23 PM

So, Fleabag is a very good show.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #277 on: June 18, 2020, 08:19:36 AM

Anyone watch that Relics and Rarities stuff on Youtube.  I hear it is good, so going to give the first one a spin.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #278 on: June 18, 2020, 02:28:46 PM

We tried the first few episodes of Ragnarok. It...wasn't bad? But I get the people who were like "Norse Mythology + Twilight = bad".
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #279 on: July 06, 2020, 10:41:47 AM

So, having listened to the soundtrack many times, I still got a lot out of watching the filmed version of "Hamilton".
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Useless TV  
Jump to: