Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2017, 10:40:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Useless TV 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless TV  (Read 6023 times)
Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: May 05, 2017, 01:29:57 PM

When I think about things like that I think about DB Weiss' lack of credentials when he started on Game of Thrones and that I was the only person, I think, on Earth that read his freshman effort.

Minor thread necromancy just to comment that I absolutely loved Lucky Wander Boy, and somehow managed to avoid connecting that it was the same person show running Game of Thrones until like a week ago, and ever since I learned that have been mildly annoyed because it means that he'll probably never go back to writing books.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

http://tinyurl.com/d89qk7g

Reply #106 on: June 28, 2017, 12:38:37 PM

Maybe they'll have him finish the last Thrones book after Martin baconators himself 6 feet under.   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: June 29, 2017, 12:32:29 AM

Rasix mentioned it earlier in the thread, but if you haven't watched Santa Clarita Diet, it is highly recommended.  Really funny.  Barrymore is good, and Timothy Olyphant is great.  Supporting cast, especially the kids, also great.

Never, ever assume someone that short and fat has their shit together. - Schild
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #108 on: July 21, 2017, 12:44:31 PM

I am avoiding the GoT thread as I couldn't watch the episode yet, but here is:

Littlefinger recaps season 6 in five minutes

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: July 24, 2017, 03:23:20 AM

Need some ideas for some good situation comedy on Netflix.  Wife and I are getting to the end of a Modern Family run and looking to find something to replace it.  Suggestions?  Looking for something in a similar vein.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #110 on: July 27, 2017, 04:41:47 AM

That probably requires knowing what you've already watched.

I can't get past the panties - Alluvian
I really like the cocks. - Lantyssa
People rarely believe just how good I am at sucking. - Lantyssa
I love the swinging dongs - Signe
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: July 27, 2017, 07:02:53 AM

Salvation is a horrible example how to totally ruin an interesting idea (asteroid on course to hit earth) with stupid writing.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #112 on: July 27, 2017, 09:27:59 AM

Need some ideas for some good situation comedy on Netflix.  Wife and I are getting to the end of a Modern Family run and looking to find something to replace it.  Suggestions?  Looking for something in a similar vein.

Ok, so I've got two that you may or may not have watched.

1) The Middle - While I never personally got into The Middle it was ok the times I did catch an episode. I'm not big on family comedies but it was entertaining enough I didn't turn it off.
2) Raising Hope - This show never got the praise I think it should have. It's by the guy who did My Name is Earl (and has some callbacks there at times) It's the lower-class version of shows like Modern Family.

This assumes you've already watched the other standards like The Office, Arrested Development, 30 Rock, Parks & Rec, The Office, It's Always Sunny, Scrubs, and Malcom in the Middle.

Malcom always deserves a re-watch if you haven't seen it in years. I think I'll start that myself this week.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: July 27, 2017, 09:48:45 AM

Ok, so I've got two that you may or may not have watched.

1) The Middle - While I never personally got into The Middle it was ok the times I did catch an episode. I'm not big on family comedies but it was entertaining enough I didn't turn it off.
2) Raising Hope - This show never got the praise I think it should have. It's by the guy who did My Name is Earl (and has some callbacks there at times) It's the lower-class version of shows like Modern Family.

This assumes you've already watched the other standards like The Office, Arrested Development, 30 Rock, Parks & Rec, The Office, It's Always Sunny, Scrubs, and Malcom in the Middle.

Malcom always deserves a re-watch if you haven't seen it in years. I think I'll start that myself this week.

Thanks, I'll add those to the list of possibilities.  Being in filthy Euroland, I have actually seen virtually none of those, save AD (and that only recently).

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #114 on: July 27, 2017, 09:51:23 AM

Oh! I forgot you were a Euro. Then yeah, all of that list.

Hell, if you're able to slog through early 90's tropes then Married With Children is a must. Ed O'Neil in Modern Family is an older Al Bundy who's learned to feel in his 2nd marriage.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you and other troops you control.

Reply #115 on: July 27, 2017, 09:51:40 AM

I would second the recommendation for Raising Hope. It's hilarious from start to finish, Garret Dillahunt is amazing in the Dad's role and you get to see Elsie from Westworld in a comedic role.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #116 on: July 27, 2017, 10:20:39 AM

Community would be my recommendation, though I'd probably stop at the end of Season 3.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #117 on: July 27, 2017, 10:46:57 AM

For some reason I've been itching to watch Northern Exposure again.  I only saw it the one time back in the 90s and really loved it. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: July 29, 2017, 09:42:47 AM

It was brilliant.   And then wasn't.  Much like Due South.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: July 29, 2017, 04:45:06 PM

Man, Due South. Exactly right--fucking out of the park great and then suddenly boom! it sucked.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #120 on: August 01, 2017, 05:13:04 PM

Speaking of Stephen King... does anyone know anything about that alleged "Castlerock" series that's supposed to be airing on Hulu at some point in the near/far/never future?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Useless TV  
Jump to: