Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:17:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes  (Read 128156 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #210 on: November 23, 2016, 05:21:16 AM

I think it all looks fine and kinda fun, but it just seems now that it is all getting pretty overwhelming.  Too much stuff to do to keep on top of it, especially if you want to finish the dailies.

Dailies are time consuming, yeah, but once you've got any sort of decent PVP rank you can get them all done in a few minutes. If you're above rank 1000 in PVP you'll earn 50 crystals or more daily. One PVE energy refresh is 50 crystals and comes with 20 sim tickets. You can then sim your daily battles rather than actually fight them at any 3* node.

The longest part of the dailies are the PVP battles due to the forced cooldown and the Galaxy War since you have to actually fight it.  I get all of them done in 15-30 minutes spread across the day.

Got it. Play the fleet battles to get shards faster. The rewards are currently silly high for low effort. Just find a team of level 1 ships, wreck it, and collect your fleet cash later. All kinds of ships n pilots in fleet shop, and ditto now in GW.

Yeah the Fleet Challenges give lots and lots of shards too, it seems. I unlocked Wedge, 6* Akbar and 5* Tarkin and got Ashoka's fighter up to 2* yesterday because of them. I think it's going to wind-up nerfed.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #211 on: November 23, 2016, 08:00:43 AM

From the anniversary things, bunch of crystals. So I buy the 2500 crystal ship pack. Lots of cool ships and several pilots I'm already leveling for stuff (my work on a rebel team is coming in handy right now).

I get geonosians (soldier, spy, sun fac) and goddamned Bistan. Early on I had bought a couple packs and got the ewok scout over and over. I have been 100% disappointed in any crystals pack.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #212 on: November 23, 2016, 08:07:34 AM

Yeah, I know the dailies can be done relatively quick, but if you combine that with a bit of grinding and some raids, I can easily spend an hour a day at this point.  I feel myself pulling back from the raid stuff, the rewards don't improve much at higher ranks.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #213 on: November 23, 2016, 08:19:06 AM

Yeah, raids suck. I'll auto-fight one round a day, setting the phone/ ipad down until the team is wiped. Tryharding on raids isn't worth it. My cock blocks on gear are the purple "get 50 of these x3" and it seems I'm always rewarded the one I have 100+ of already because no character needs it. The swapping is 5/ day so that's worthless and I'm over raids entirely.

From the anniversary things, bunch of crystals. So I buy the 2500 crystal ship pack. Lots of cool ships and several pilots I'm already leveling for stuff (my work on a rebel team is coming in handy right now).

I get geonosians (soldier, spy, sun fac) and goddamned Bistan. Early on I had bought a couple packs and got the ewok scout over and over. I have been 100% disappointed in any crystals pack.

Yeah, I bought a few when I first started and they were worth it. I look at them now and think, "There's no way I'd ever get what I need (Maul/ Clones) I have a 1/50 chance. Fuck that." Even if I did get what I needed, the variance of "7-20 shards!" means to 6-7* any pack-only character you're buying hundreds of packs IF you get lucky.  It's clever the way they're split-up to prey on the weaknesses of people and stats but they are never, ever, ever worth it.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: November 23, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

We were talking before about how they make sense early on, when you don't have a lot of unlocks. So when I was thinking about unlocking ships, I was of a similar mind. I don't have many unlocked, so I should get at least one I like. Nooope. Either time.

And 100% agree with the time sink creep and the gear blocks. Not to dead beat the horse's drum, but the Marvel game handled progression so much better (it was more an achievement based thing, fight enemy x with ability y).
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: November 24, 2016, 10:56:15 PM

Christ. A restart on that shitty tank battle. Fuckity boo.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: December 28, 2016, 01:09:41 AM

I finally 7 starred Darth Maul (now that they have opened up his shards in a couple places) and about 7800 power.  That is some fun shit.  I now have him on my PvP squad as a fixture, and it looks like nobody wants a part of him...my ranking hovers around 200 and I can easily get it below.  Got Phasma lead, Qui Gon (always, always Qui Gon) and Anakin setting things up, and then Rey and Maul just wrecking shit. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: December 28, 2016, 09:42:16 AM

One day I got tired of the maintenance stuff and never logged in again.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: December 28, 2016, 12:04:05 PM

Yeah, I'm getting there.  Not really sure why I still play.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #219 on: December 28, 2016, 12:06:34 PM

Ships are pretty fun. I'm still enjoying my time but Star Wars.  

Still grinding Maul up. Only 5 stars since he doesn't appear often for me but he still wrecks.  Haven't got enough training bots and gear to replace him in my PVP lineup yet.   Leia Rey 5s Lumi and Asaj hold strong with Phasma and Teebo swapping.

Unlocked the Emperor this event so I may do a Sith team now.  They're strong even though they're all 5*.  

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: December 28, 2016, 12:07:18 PM

What mods are you after Cyrrex?

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: December 28, 2016, 12:22:34 PM

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: December 28, 2016, 01:14:46 PM

What character mods do you use?

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: January 06, 2017, 12:13:23 PM

Slave 1 is a friggin beast. That is all.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: January 06, 2017, 01:31:22 PM

I think it all looks fine and kinda fun, but it just seems now that it is all getting pretty overwhelming.  Too much stuff to do to keep on top of it, especially if you want to finish the dailies.

Dailies are time consuming, yeah, but once you've got any sort of decent PVP rank you can get them all done in a few minutes. If you're above rank 1000 in PVP you'll earn 50 crystals or more daily. One PVE energy refresh is 50 crystals and comes with 20 sim tickets. You can then sim your daily battles rather than actually fight them at any 3* node.

The longest part of the dailies are the PVP battles due to the forced cooldown and the Galaxy War since you have to actually fight it.  I get all of them done in 15-30 minutes spread across the day.

Got it. Play the fleet battles to get shards faster. The rewards are currently silly high for low effort. Just find a team of level 1 ships, wreck it, and collect your fleet cash later. All kinds of ships n pilots in fleet shop, and ditto now in GW.

Yeah the Fleet Challenges give lots and lots of shards too, it seems. I unlocked Wedge, 6* Akbar and 5* Tarkin and got Ashoka's fighter up to 2* yesterday because of them. I think it's going to wind-up nerfed.

For new players do just enough fleet stuff to get your daily allotment of token things from it and use them on character shards and not ships. It is a great way to build up some strong characters like wedge/ackbar fast and pretty easily.

The ship stuff is neat but currently for new characters its a bit of a trap and better to just focus on getting a few core solid groups setup first.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #225 on: January 06, 2017, 09:38:43 PM

Oh god yes. Ships are worthless with incompetent pilots.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #226 on: January 20, 2017, 12:29:43 PM

Maul does silly damage. Holy shit.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #227 on: January 20, 2017, 01:45:03 PM

Yep and it only gets better as he kills.  He's as fucking fragile as Rey though. Always first to die.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: January 20, 2017, 02:12:35 PM

I've been playing this a surprising amount of time since just before Christmas.  Holy shit is it ever fun and addictive!  It's the first mobile game I've ever spent money on, only about $10...so far.  I've think I've completed every daily quest for the past few weeks and I've gotten up to level 49 with a solid roster.  My standard squad includes Chewbacca, Luke with a rifle, Talia, Jedi Counselor, and Tarkin.  I'll switch out Talia for Lobot if I see the other team has characters that can do debuffs so he can cleanse them and heal my team.  I didn't think I'd ever have this much fun with a mobile game. 
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: January 21, 2017, 12:55:40 AM

I have Maul up to gear level 11 now, and 8540 power.  I would no longer call him "fragile", loading up on Health mods helps matters.  Got his speed up to 131 as well.  The problem in the past was that it was a question if he would survive until his first turn because he was slow and squishy.  Now he does basically every time, and he just destroys shit.  Especially Jedi, holy fuck.  I also have put a six star Emperor in the lead slot for PvP, and he is also pretty OP even at this level...though the AI seems to target and stun him quite often.  Doesn't really matter though, he wrecks shit anyway.  Filling out the team with Rey, Qui Gon and Phasma, and Bob's your uncle.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #230 on: January 21, 2017, 04:44:34 AM

Yeah I've got a full Sith team I'm working on for galactic war clearing. They wreck shit utterly and none But Sidious are 7 star or above level 72.  I'll have to work on Mauls itemization thanks for the info on a higher version. Mines at 5stars and level 8.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: February 12, 2017, 04:20:30 PM

It looks like my account got reset back to level 1 when I tried playing on a new iPad.  We'll see how helpful EA's customer service is when (if) they respond to my support ticket. Ohhhhh, I see.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: February 16, 2017, 12:32:58 AM

Just a warning I wish someone had given me, if you get your account back, level up a scoundrel team first. It'll work ok in squad arena, but you need em to be tops to get good cash for leveling up your toons. Much faster that way.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: February 16, 2017, 02:15:11 AM

True enough.  Lately I find I always have at least 10 million in cash, thanks to having a scoundrel team that can do the max Credit Heist event.  Now I just lack training droids all the time.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #234 on: February 16, 2017, 05:47:55 AM

Huh.. looks like I focus on leveling up my scoundrels then. I'm always lacking for cash but have a ton of training droids. I really want to max my Sith team now that they've been tweaked and I can nab Nihilus in a few weeks.

I've got 8 85's and 17 7* characters but no solid theme-teams yet. I've got character ADD it seems.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #235 on: February 16, 2017, 10:51:47 AM

Hard not to. Awesome collecting.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #236 on: February 16, 2017, 11:00:01 AM

I know, right!? I've found over time I skipped characters that would make me more effective in favor of the shiny favorites of mine.  Teebo, ST Han, Luminara, Dooku? NO no no.. I need to get Rey, Ben, and Leia! Jawas? Fuck those things, I've got Jedi to collect.

Whoops!  awesome, for real

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #237 on: February 16, 2017, 10:24:24 PM

I tend to also focus on things I find "fun" rather than things that would be most effective.  I have got a pretty fun combination of Sith and Empire characters now, but to be honest, the FOTM rebel teams seem way stronger (to be fair, my Palpatine and Vader are stuck at 6 stars).  I just can't bring myself to level a rebel team like that, because yawn.  Also, I tend to make sure there is always a spot for Darth Maul.  He has even pushed Rey aside as my go-to damage dealer.  My current PvP squad is lead by Ima-Gun Di, and then Ashoka, Qui Gon, Anakin and Darth fucking Maul.  Great counters, great damage, and ridiculous Jedi killing ability.  I change this up all the time though, can never stick to one set team.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #238 on: February 17, 2017, 10:10:19 AM

FOTM Rebel teams ARE way, way stronger. To the point I expect they'll be nerfing Biggs/ Wedge combo sometime soon. I've had my team of 7* 85s in Gear 9/10  (Teebo, Leia, Rey, Rex, Obi/Phasma/Asajj) wiped by a team of 6-7 star Rebels lead by Ackbar who were level 80-83 in PVP. It's asinine.

My Maul is only at 6* and level 82 and is slow as shit for some reason. He's a core of my Sith team (Palp, Vader, Maul, Dooku, Sidious) but the other guys will get 2-3 turns before he takes his first, and only Vader is level 85. I tried speed mods but then he got squished in PvP and GW. BLeh.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: February 17, 2017, 11:18:26 AM

My Maul has 131 speed, and I load him up with health mods.  That makes him fast enough, and far less squishy.  He has a pretty sweet health steal to get him out of sticky situations sometimes.  And it goes without saying that you have to max all his skills out.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #240 on: February 17, 2017, 11:55:36 AM

Yeah the skill maxing is close. Everything is at 6 but I'm out of widgets right now for multiple characters.

Min'es only 95 on speed, you must have lucked-out on +speed on your mods. I just checked all mine and I only have on mod with a measely +1 speed on him. That'll have to fix.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: February 17, 2017, 12:14:06 PM

Yup. My Maul has maxed skills, 134 speed, level 12 health mods. He's pretty fucking dangerous if he doesn't get whacked first round.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: February 17, 2017, 12:29:10 PM

I backed into the FotM reb team at the end of my playing kinda by mistake because I used them as lowbies for some challenge and they were a lot of fun together.

Mine was Ackbar lead, Biggs, Wedge, Stormtrooper Han and Leia. They were stomping teams they had no right to stomp.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #243 on: February 17, 2017, 12:38:05 PM

Worst teams I ran up against had Biggs, Wedge, Lando + any two rebels or just Rey/QGJ. With those 3, you can end up near dead before you get a chance to even attack. The Biggs/Wedge alpha strike capability is just nutty and will delete anyone outside of some of the most tankiest heroes.

I burned out hard on this, but it was fun while it lasted.

-Rasix
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #244 on: February 17, 2017, 04:30:27 PM

Worst teams I ran up against had Biggs, Wedge, Lando + any two rebels or just Rey/QGJ. With those 3, you can end up near dead before you get a chance to even attack. The Biggs/Wedge alpha strike capability is just nutty and will delete anyone outside of some of the most tankiest heroes.

I burned out hard on this, but it was fun while it lasted.

I just started!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes  
Jump to: