Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:43:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes  (Read 127223 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #175 on: October 17, 2016, 11:17:56 AM

1.336M damage against tier 5 gammos with one team.  awesome, for real Not even optimal. If I swapped out Leia for someone with a low cooldown assist, made mods more raid friendly (less health perhaps, more speed/crit damage), or put in yet another turn meter reduction: it could go higher. However, I got nearly perfect RNG with Teebo's main attack.  Stealth was a bit touch and go, but a fully upgraded "Stealth Takedown" is ridiculous.
I didn't crack 2M this time because I forgot to game the door controls once and put in my slowing character on the alt team after Phasma went down.

I should probably work on Tim (Teebo) some more.

Fucked up and mis-calculated my Jedi for this round of Yoda, no battles will be fought there (I'm on t3, I think, he unlocks when I can fight him next). Working Anakin for the final 5* slot, but he's slower than most of my recent unlocks (via the uncapped cantina, so I can run 11 a day for Barriss vs the 6 of Anakin).
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: October 17, 2016, 11:31:49 PM

I have managed 2.3 million on the Gammos in T6 with one team.  That is with Teebo lead (duh).  Fives for the perpetual speed down.  Rey because of all the sweet, sweet damage.  Qui Gon for the Turn Meter down on his basic attack, his tank breaking and his Harmonious Assualt.  And then Phasma for a backup speed down, and an odd Turn Meter buff whenever Teebo falls behind.  There is a guy in my guild that does over three million easy, not quite sure how he does it.  I would like to take out Fives or Phasma and replace with more damage dealing, but I find I fall behind in the TM battle if I do that.  This same team works pretty well on the Rancor as well.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #177 on: October 18, 2016, 12:13:13 AM

It'll be a bit before I can pull that off. Fives is a good idea, but I don't even have him unlocked yet. My gear and mods are mostly still really crappy. I found some really bad ones on QGJ. Only 3 in tier IX gear. The raid gear grind is pretty bad.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: October 18, 2016, 07:07:33 AM

Good call on the speed down, I use Phasma but my only other is RG and his is way too unpredictable and his damage sucks. I still have Phasma as lead for my main team, but now it's mostly her leader ability and advantage. With QGJ it's still pretty rare for triple attacks. Grooming the 1st Order Pilot, he is simple with a chance for double attack and a decent nuke. Also Biggs, another assist guy...he's a monster with Wedge, auto triple attack. Been thinking of a Phasma, QGJ, 1OP, Biggs, Wedge team just to see how much the multi-attack synergy can be milked. With an assist skill (QGJ/Biggs), a chance for a triple assist (if Phasma's leader ability fires) or quadruple assist (if 1OP's double attack fires) or even a quintuple (Biggs/Wedge/1OP double + Phasma leader assist)...

And yes, the gear grind is terrible. I see they've added another layer of components to the store. The whales get whalier. I wonder if they're plotting an exit strategy (milk the whales hard, then release a new game).
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #179 on: October 18, 2016, 05:35:57 PM

I wonder if taking a debuff stripper like Ackbar or Lobot is worth it.  The maxdamage debuff the gammo lead puts on always one shots m team. I could mod all for health but then you lose so much else and still get shot before healing the HP back.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: October 18, 2016, 11:15:26 PM

I doubt it.  It seems the best way to avoid those debuffs is to not let them have turns to exploit them.  They may get one on you, but it should wear off or they are dead before they ever get a chance to attack again.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Rasix

Reply #181 on: October 18, 2016, 11:22:44 PM

Akbar's good for a second team, provided Teebo doesn't pass his extraction roll. The squid's overkill on a first.  He's also good for tier 3 Rancor, but the bastard ate him first this time.

Teebo's invis clears the deathmark.  The gammo's hardly resist his turn meter debuff (unlike the Rancor), so you can keep him almost perfectly locked as long as your RNG holds up. With a decent Teebo led team, you'll just die when the gammos enrage, and you fail all of your extractions.  awesome, for real Teebo + 3 DPS (pref Rey, QGJ, whatever) + Phasma take out the guards before they can even get buffed (well, at least one in tier 6).

Even if one deathmark gets past, you should be able to eat one. Provided it isn't the character that's been taking the occasional gammo axe.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: October 19, 2016, 05:51:57 AM

He's also good for tier 3 Rancor, but the bastard ate him first this time.
Dat time when tier 1 Rancor eats Rey
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #183 on: October 19, 2016, 06:16:32 AM

Dat time? Try "Every goddamn time." It's that or she fails to escape. I don't count on her surviving past round one anymore.

Rasix

Reply #184 on: October 19, 2016, 04:44:06 PM

Managed around 600k with a Ackbar/Rebels/Rey team on tier 6. Only did a bit less than my Teebo team due to RNGesus forsaking me.  So, that's not horrible despite Ackbar/Wedge/Biggs having subpar gear.

Does potency affect the turn meter reduction success rate?

-Rasix
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #185 on: October 19, 2016, 05:05:53 PM

It's supposed to, yes.  And tenacity to resist stuns and debutfs.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: October 20, 2016, 09:28:27 AM

So, that's not horrible despite Ackbar/Wedge/Biggs having subpar gear.

I've really been enjoying my Ackbar/Stormtrooper Han/Leia/Biggs/Wedge team in the arena. I've been holding them around level 60 until I polish off my A and B teams a bit, but I'll probably start working on bringing them up to snuff soon because they're just fun and work thematically, too.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #187 on: October 26, 2016, 09:23:43 PM

What's the point of these raids?  There's gear as rewards?   

Also, when should I bother -- 6 or 7 star at 75+?   Asking because every time I try the rancor I don't either past the guards or survive a turn with the beast.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: October 26, 2016, 09:38:09 PM

No, keep throwing shit at him. You get gear, guild coin, and some cash for hitting him. Until you gear up a bit, it's gonna feel like you're hittin a wall, but don't stop.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: October 27, 2016, 07:49:10 AM

Yeah, even with 0 points you get rewards. The nicest thing (other than lewtz) is that you get a dps report, which can be nice for tracking effectiveness of your dps units (assuming Rey isn't eaten immediately  why so serious? )
Rasix

Reply #190 on: October 28, 2016, 09:49:20 AM

Pretty sure I can 100-0 Gammos now before anyone gets an attempt.  awesome, for real Teebo kind of needs to get nerfed.

Teebo: 250k
QGJ: 264k
Rey: 752k
Leia: 625k
Phasma: 105k

Might be funny to put Biggs and Wedge into that grinder, but a lot of Leia and Rey's damage and the overall flow of the battle depend on QGJ and Phasma.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 09:52:30 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: October 28, 2016, 08:42:19 PM

I'm still amazed at either how badly tuned the other raid is, or how much we suck.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: October 28, 2016, 09:54:23 PM

Confession: I only tried the other one once. Not even fun in what passes for fun in that grindfest of a game.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: October 28, 2016, 10:51:35 PM

My decision to go all-in on jawas has taken a fortuitous turn. My guild isn't going to clear the new raid for... weeks? Months? But when we do, I'm a shoo-in for the #1 rewards. Free assists every turn for the win.
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: November 01, 2016, 08:13:56 AM

Ally code 329-266-274

Can I grab a guild invite?  My random newbie guild has peaked at tier 4.

What's the guild name I should be looking for?
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: November 01, 2016, 08:19:53 AM

New Order of Balance

I blame Rasix for not starting Bot Country
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: November 03, 2016, 10:07:10 AM

New tournament I'm enjoying wheras the last one was awful.

Prizes for people who are not both catassess and whales are tiny, but I like the prematch cost minimisation minigame of 'what is my shittiest squad that will win this' and I like being able to do back to back arena battles with characters other than my top team.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: November 03, 2016, 12:44:08 PM

I use my 3rd string team for arena :)
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #198 on: November 03, 2016, 01:16:35 PM

I still don't get raids.  You line up your dark/light stringers to (not) make progress?  So there's points assigned by the amount of damage you do, but better rewards if you actually complete a stage?

Are people able to complete the guards and rancor on their own, or are raids an incremental, pinata-like thing where everyone gets points for trying?
Rasix

Reply #199 on: November 03, 2016, 01:45:26 PM

Everyone gets candy. You get better candy based on how much damage you did.

-Rasix
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #200 on: November 03, 2016, 04:10:17 PM

You're not expected to complete a stage on your own. The game just sums up everybody's damage and moves on once the boss hits zero. If two players go into the raid at the same time, they won't see each other's damage reflected on the boss' HP bar in real time, but it will all still count once they both finish their fights.

This leads to some weirdness where player A finishes stage 1 but player B (who entered the raid while that was happening) doesn't see it right away, and is still damaging stage 1 while the rest of the guild has moved on to stage 2. In this case player B's damage won't count against the boss' HP but they will still get full credit for it when it comes time to dole out loot.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #201 on: November 22, 2016, 08:27:32 AM

Ships is live.

There is a lot of it.

My initial reaction is "oh my god those animations are too slow"

Second reaction "having to find room in my head for the meta of this, alongside xwing the miniatures game is going to do my head in".

Third "wtf ig88 is not a pilot fuck you EA".
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 08:30:54 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #202 on: November 22, 2016, 08:35:22 AM

Shit, still don't have a 7* admiral.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #203 on: November 22, 2016, 11:23:26 AM

I lucked out and focused on Mace for Yoda.

Seems to be really shitty for getting ship shards beyond spending crystals. Is there another way I'm not seeing?

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: November 22, 2016, 01:18:28 PM

So yeah. I agree. Slow animations, slow shard gain.

Kinda bummed so many are unlocking 1st Order Tie Pilot, he's awesome and rarely used :) And his ship is locked for me, he's my best pilot. Going with Akbar because I had him geared already. Seems like for non-whales it's an interesting diversion but won't become a serious thing.

Whole game seems headed in the direction of keeping the whales happy, which makes sense but kinda dooms things.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #205 on: November 22, 2016, 01:46:52 PM

I lucked out and focused on Mace for Yoda.

Seems to be really shitty for getting ship shards beyond spending crystals. Is there another way I'm not seeing?

Not that I've found. It doesn't have the leveled pathways like the character side had so you get shards for doing events or spending crystals on the cards, nothing else.

The First Order pilot unlock is from the unlock journey in October. You don't get enough shards to unlock him but if you missed a day or two in October you didn't unlock him anyway so the few shards you get doing the training missions let you have him. At least that's how I got him.

Turns out Tarkin at 5 stars and Ackbar at 6 stars are about equal in power. So despite what they say about pilot skills mattering it doesn't seem to be the case until your ship has more stars.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #206 on: November 22, 2016, 06:58:57 PM

My initial reaction is "oh my god those animations are too slow"
Thisssssssss

Aside from the Resistance heroes, whom I'm only powering up for speed mods, I have zero interest in any of the available pilots. My Jawa team isn't real likely to be getting their own rides any time soon either. I'll hit up the arena anyway to try to get some easy shards but it's all so goddamn ponderous, it will probably just end up killing my will to play game.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: November 22, 2016, 10:12:04 PM

Got it. Play the fleet battles to get shards faster. The rewards are currently silly high for low effort. Just find a team of level 1 ships, wreck it, and collect your fleet cash later. All kinds of ships n pilots in fleet shop, and ditto now in GW.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #208 on: November 22, 2016, 10:53:42 PM

I think it all looks fine and kinda fun, but it just seems now that it is all getting pretty overwhelming.  Too much stuff to do to keep on top of it, especially if you want to finish the dailies.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: November 23, 2016, 05:16:07 AM

In other news; Boba Fett is good now.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes  
Jump to: