Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:43:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes  (Read 128164 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #140 on: September 27, 2016, 06:47:51 PM

Those two are hilarious. God help us if they become officers  why so serious?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #141 on: September 27, 2016, 06:58:00 PM

Calling me names is a great way to spur me to action.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: September 27, 2016, 07:16:33 PM

Half tempted to kick just for giggles, but we really need more for the lv 6 raids. Still, dudes a cock.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: September 27, 2016, 08:39:32 PM

Fuck this guy. Jesus, what a child.

Mortriden
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: September 27, 2016, 08:56:57 PM

So... wtf?  I am super confused here.  What is he even fired up over?  I guess I don't see the problem.  We've been running a series right? lower, mids, then a six?  Am I missing something?

Valhalla in the guild

It's like calling shenanigans.  But you say "jihad" instead. - Llava
They are out there, but they are bi-products of funny families. If you know funny old people, see if they have daughters. -Paelos
Yes my seed is that strong. I literally clap my hands and women are with child. -Paelos
Rasix

Reply #145 on: September 27, 2016, 10:01:26 PM

Yah.  It seems like most want a 4,5,5,6 cycle. I'm doing that and making sure we don't run out of guild coins in the process, while allowing everyone to contribute. Fuck me, right?

I'm not going to bother discussing it further with the dude. Raid starts in the morning.  Get off my lawn!

Other officers are totally free to start them; I'm just not going to be pushed around over someone not getting what they want the second they want it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 10:03:49 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: September 27, 2016, 10:03:08 PM

Oorah.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #147 on: September 28, 2016, 04:49:18 AM

How is it you guys attract so much drama. Lol. We're running 3 raids regularly and nobody cares. There was a request yesterday to make the next one a 5 and the GL was like "sure, next one". End of discussion. 

Crazy.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: September 28, 2016, 05:36:38 AM

You are probably better off doing the highest raid your guild can manage in a reasonable time.  Lowering the raid level to let people feel they are contributing doesn't help anyone, include the whiners.  Everyone gets fewer rewards, including the lowbies who need them the most.  Our guild used to do it, but we stopped once the lowbies figured out it was in their interest to do the higher raids.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: September 28, 2016, 06:38:16 AM

The two whiners always end up destroying the lower raids after being asked by non-f13 officers to have restraint. They're cunts. And it's only the two of them.

This is why we should've done an f13 guild :) It would be funny with their 'WE'R TEH BEST' nonsense if the other four top players in the guild walked :p
Rasix

Reply #150 on: September 28, 2016, 07:46:43 AM

You are probably better off doing the highest raid your guild can manage in a reasonable time.  Lowering the raid level to let people feel they are contributing doesn't help anyone, include the whiners.  Everyone gets fewer rewards, including the lowbies who need them the most.  Our guild used to do it, but we stopped once the lowbies figured out it was in their interest to do the higher raids.

We'll probably drop the 4 soonish. The tier 5 goes fast if this one guy goes HAM, otherwise it's in a reasonable clip. Tier 6 takes a bit, but not that long. The overall damage numbers from some go way down with this raid, however.

I'm just starting raids because the guild leader is out for personal reasons or whatever. If it was my guild, these two would be long gone. They're literally the only ones that whine or make snide comments when a raid isn't started right after the other. Our ability to do 6s would be impaired, but that's it. 5s would still be fine.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: September 28, 2016, 08:46:48 AM

And actually, it wouldn't impact for long because knocking those two out of the ranks means more chances for the top 3 slots for the rest of us :)

I'm still a bit too spread out with my characters, though I did start to buckle down on my primary GW team because it's a consistent money stream (and getting tough at the end again). But I have them, a secondary GW team (mostly old 'mains' and filler for the DS/LS stuff), and two 'theme' teams (1st Order and Rebels)...and I am working a little on a scoundrel team because the scoundrel events are so high reward vs effort.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #152 on: September 28, 2016, 12:20:57 PM

Unless of course you don't have enough people to take out the higher raid. We have four folks now who have more time/ money invested than me and I'm not 80. I also can't be arsed to run more than one attempt at a raid per day so fuck the 5-run stuff. Even then I hit top 10 with my single 200-400k damage run per raid. The guys hitting 1-2mil damage use all 5 run when it starts then. Hit again at midnight.  It's hilarious to see the raid was beat when I do my run at 11:55ish in bed and I exit out 6-7 minutes later, the rancor saying it still has 10-15% health but a guild notification pops up 10s later saying it's dead.

Quite funny.

ynotgolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: September 28, 2016, 01:17:04 PM

Unless of course you don't have enough people to take out the higher raid. We have four folks now who have more time/ money invested than me and I'm not 80. I also can't be arsed to run more than one attempt at a raid per day so fuck the 5-run stuff. Even then I hit top 10 with my single 200-400k damage run per raid. The guys hitting 1-2mil damage use all 5 run when it starts then. Hit again at midnight.  It's hilarious to see the raid was beat when I do my run at 11:55ish in bed and I exit out 6-7 minutes later, the rancor saying it still has 10-15% health but a guild notification pops up 10s later saying it's dead.

Quite funny.

Yeah, it was me who finally asked for a 5* raid Merusk, getting tired of doing 600k damage in one attempt, than handing the iPad to my 10 year old for the other 4 attempts. Frankly, I was just going to search for a higher level guild, but meh, the game is growing old already, mods have really made it too much of a gold/credit sink. I'm basically to the point where he plays and lets me know how my/our toons are doing.

And goddammit, your avatar is mesmerizing.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 01:27:20 PM by ynotgolf »
Rasix

Reply #154 on: September 28, 2016, 02:00:15 PM

Teebo is great. ~724k in one run on 5* gammos. And my skills/gear still suck pretty hard for an 80.

edit: Whiners haven't even attacked yet. Guess that kind of proves our point here.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 02:05:36 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #155 on: September 28, 2016, 03:07:13 PM

Unless of course you don't have enough people to take out the higher raid. We have four folks now who have more time/ money invested than me and I'm not 80. I also can't be arsed to run more than one attempt at a raid per day so fuck the 5-run stuff. Even then I hit top 10 with my single 200-400k damage run per raid. The guys hitting 1-2mil damage use all 5 run when it starts then. Hit again at midnight.  It's hilarious to see the raid was beat when I do my run at 11:55ish in bed and I exit out 6-7 minutes later, the rancor saying it still has 10-15% health but a guild notification pops up 10s later saying it's dead.

Quite funny.

Yeah, it was me who finally asked for a 5* raid Merusk, getting tired of doing 600k damage in one attempt, than handing the iPad to my 10 year old for the other 4 attempts. Frankly, I was just going to search for a higher level guild, but meh, the game is growing old already, mods have really made it too much of a gold/credit sink. I'm basically to the point where he plays and lets me know how my/our toons are doing.

And goddammit, your avatar is mesmerizing.

Hah, I didn't even know you were in my guild. I was randomly assigned at one point and just went with it.

I've got over 4 months in the game now, but I only play until my energy's out/ I complete the daily quests then put it away until the next day, so I'm not burnt-out yet. I don't expect it will happen since it's my 'on the shitter/ just before bed' game. I kept going with CoC for 6-8 months that way until I hit the "must grind 60 days for one upgrade" wall. 

Yes, it is. The video's even more mesmerizing. NSFW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ3Ibp9LQPM
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:09:42 PM by Merusk »

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #156 on: September 28, 2016, 07:49:26 PM

Can I get an invite and some allies?  I got a bunch of 60's and 1 6star hero (Luminara).

192-794-754 , Soln
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: September 28, 2016, 08:01:22 PM

edit: Whiners haven't even attacked yet. Guess that kind of proves our point here.
I checked at one point 5 and a half hours after you launched it, raid was still on the Gamtard phase 1, both those cunts had logged in and not done the raid (you can see last log in on the guild management screen). Check when I get home from class and we're almost done with phase 3 and they're both high in the ranks.  Ohhhhh, I see.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: September 29, 2016, 12:12:17 PM

Problem solved. Carry on.

Rasix

Reply #159 on: September 29, 2016, 01:07:53 PM

I was just going to ignore them. That works too.  This tier 6 will be way slower.  Only one of my teams can take down the Gammos fast enough.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: September 29, 2016, 08:52:29 PM

I'm slowly working on Teebo to help out with that. I feel dirty. But it also sucks they have one character that's almost required for it...but then they seem ok with Rey's redonkulous output, so hey.

But we're doing fine so far.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: October 03, 2016, 12:00:14 PM

Avengers Alliance 2 handled their pvp so much better. It was ranked, but you only had to beat someone of that tier to progress (versus individual unique rankings in GoH). With the sheer amount of players who have been 80 and grinding mods/shards, I don't see why I'll be bothering trying to compete. Started at 500 or so before lunch and after lunch I've fallen to mid-3000s. This is why mmo doesn't work; it only rewards the early birds and then has to keep rewarding them, enlarging the gap in a never-ending spiral of who gives a shit.

Since this will bleed over into GW and Arena, I'm doomcasting now.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: October 03, 2016, 01:27:00 PM

Holy fuck. You're doing something wrong, then. I can hang at around 450 for most of the day if I start the day off at 400. Good grief. If I have any kind of dropoff, I get to maybe round 600. But never past that.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: October 03, 2016, 01:40:00 PM

IIRC

You are assigned to a specific 'server' on account creation so you are only being ranked against people who started the same time as you.

But based on what people on the internet say - some behave very differently to others. I generally hover in the 1300-1600 range but never get the kind of fluctuation mentioned.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Rasix

Reply #164 on: October 03, 2016, 01:41:32 PM

I think he's talking about the tournament rankings?

Yah, it's just points and you can spend crystals to game it. I'm not really that concerned about how I place.

-Rasix
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: October 03, 2016, 02:01:02 PM

The tournament rules are ridiculous as they let you convert crystals into ranking pretty directly. I'm top 100 in my arena group without having spent a dime, but I can't field multiple teams and can't keep refreshing my main team. Non-whales need not apply, I guess.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: October 03, 2016, 04:04:49 PM

Oh yeah, if he's talkin tournament, that shit is absurd. Fuck them for putting it out there.

Rasix

Reply #167 on: October 03, 2016, 04:09:44 PM

It's a pretty transparent crystal drain.

-Rasix
ynotgolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: October 03, 2016, 04:42:25 PM

It's a pretty transparent crystal drain.

I had a feeling this would be the case over the weekend with the constant spam ads -25% bonus crystals with every purchase!  I must've received 5 pop up ads during my dailies on Saturday.  Yesterday, I only participated in our guild's first 5* Rancor raid and handed my son the iPad for everything else. Even he was getting annoyed with all the ads.

Speaking of the raid, thanks to everyone who clued me in to Teebo.  Even at level 74 and 6*, he was a lil' wrecking ball of fur during phase 1.

Rasix

Reply #169 on: October 03, 2016, 04:50:12 PM

I think I'm pretty much the only person that prefers the tier 6 gammos versus the rest of the tier 6 rancor.  You don't even need healing for the gammos as long as you get some decent RNG on Teebo's stealth hits. Which is good, because if you don't have really bursty DPS, you're just screwed on that encounter. 

My first team of Teebo, QGJ, Rey, Leia, and Phasma just kill it. My secondary DPS just can't handle it for shit and it's almost not worth running the second team because they'll just leave up a bunch of buffed up killing machines for the next squad to handle.

-Rasix
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #170 on: October 03, 2016, 07:33:25 PM

The Tournaments were also being exploited pretty hardcore by some guilds. There were several threads in the forum talking about it when I was trying to research a decent defensive composition.  It APPEARS they banned or cleared it up now, so give it another shot.  I hit 500 and am now at 694 a few hours later.

Also, I swapped Asaj's mods for a bunch of 3* and 5* speed mods I got for 600 crystals. She now kicks nearly as much ass as Rey, having gained 14 speed and breaking into the 100 range. The speed difference is so noticeable I wonder if there's a tier system for it rather than a linear progression.

Also, 7* Leia kicks all kinds of ass.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: October 04, 2016, 07:53:28 AM

I lost focus for a bit, trying to get several basic teams going (rebel/jedi/scoundrel for events). Now that I hit 80, I'm trying to groom up my GW team to keep the cash flow rolling and focusing on better mods for them. That's a massive cash drain!

Also, that rebel team is still sitting as my arena team because it's pretty fun and still winning. I only try to move up by <10 ranks a fight, so they're sitting around 1950 or so (from 2500 originally, and I'm also artificially holding them to levels 60 or less). But they're beating teams they have no right beating, I'm kind of amazed when I go into a fight I expect to lose quickly and they're still standing at the end. Just nice synergy and decent individual skills. Having an Akbar-led team almost makes me happy to see Vader and Sidious on the opposing team.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 07:56:58 AM by Sky »
Rasix

Reply #172 on: October 09, 2016, 08:51:24 AM

swamp poop 

Man. So much for our schedule.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: October 09, 2016, 11:41:53 AM

We shoulda started Bat Country :p
Rasix

Reply #174 on: October 17, 2016, 10:27:32 AM

1.336M damage against tier 5 gammos with one team.  awesome, for real Not even optimal. If I swapped out Leia for someone with a low cooldown assist, made mods more raid friendly (less health perhaps, more speed/crit damage), or put in yet another turn meter reduction: it could go higher. However, I got nearly perfect RNG with Teebo's main attack.  Stealth was a bit touch and go, but a fully upgraded "Stealth Takedown" is ridiculous.

-Rasix
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes  
Jump to: