Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:11:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Conan Exiles [NSFW] 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Conan Exiles [NSFW]  (Read 67142 times)
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: February 04, 2017, 11:52:46 AM

Imagine my disappointment that NSFW marked Conan thread contains only references to heavy boobs, but includes at least a couple of actual dong pics.  I mean, I don't mind that dongs, but you can't talk about boobs and not show them, that's illegal in at least 62 states.

There you go.  Ignore the first 50 pages or so of broken links.

http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=14256.0
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 12:13:53 PM by Ginaz »
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #106 on: February 05, 2017, 02:07:55 AM

A couple of pictures from some (unfinished) project me and a friend worked on last night...

... and yes, there is fall damage.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #107 on: February 05, 2017, 08:33:57 AM

Weezie!
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: February 05, 2017, 09:40:30 AM

what a pandering pile of juvenile nonsense.

So true to the source material then?

why so serious?

Honestly, was never a great Howard fan -- I always leaned more to Burroughs for my leather clad rippling sinews fix.

Now if they had set this on Barsoom, I'd be all over it.

Actually, it's looking pretty interesting right now just for the building part (and not just the penises). So I take it that like Minecraft and 7 Days to Die I can play it solo, but share out the world if I wanted to by transferring the save to a server? Or do I have to set up a server just to play at all?

Also, anybody take note how big a download it is?
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #109 on: February 05, 2017, 09:54:39 AM

I don't understand networking shit, but it looks like it's a setup like 7 days.  There is probably other ways to go about it.

I'm taking it pretty slow.  There's crashes abound (eating out of the storage box is apparently verboten) and I'm just trying to eke out some levels to get better stuff to build.  I'm sure I could google some optimal path, but that would kinda ruin it for me I think.  If they put the time and resources into this it could be a real winner. 

But FunCom

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: February 05, 2017, 10:08:06 AM

So what are the NPC "enemies" here? In Minecraft you have zombies that are dangerous early on but quickly become trivial, in 7 Days to Die you have zombies that start dangerous and get worse, in Conan you get zombies that -- ?
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: February 05, 2017, 10:16:22 AM

So what are the NPC "enemies" here? In Minecraft you have zombies that are dangerous early on but quickly become trivial, in 7 Days to Die you have zombies that start dangerous and get worse, in Conan you get zombies that -- ?
-- look like James Earl Jones in a Cher wig. awesome, for real

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: February 05, 2017, 10:59:08 AM

I'm still at the beginning river, but so far I've found camps of NPC exiles, weird mutant turtles and their offspring, and deformed mutants.  Also some non hostile rabbits and gazelle looking things.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: February 05, 2017, 12:16:07 PM

There are camps of NPCs who you can kill or, in some cases, knock out with a club, drag back to your base with rope and put to work either as guards or craftspeople.

I also found a scary temple guarded by NPCs but couldn't get inside.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: February 05, 2017, 02:55:55 PM

I've just got an iron sword and 2 pieces of medium armor, with Mitra regen on I might be able to swing that temple already. I was up there getting coal and they bum rushed me, after killing the initial rush I decided to wander in a bit more. Even solo/local server, combat is pretty awful. Kinda laggy feeling and basically stand and spam, with a little shield play to break up the monotony. The bow seems ok but is hell to aim imo. Anyway, got a ways into the temple but got freaked out because I was low on health and out of Mitra goop, and loaded with iron and coal from my mining. And there was some black pulsing stuff on the screen, though I didn't see any negative status effect pop up.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: February 05, 2017, 03:04:31 PM

I wanted to go ranged but every time I crashed or logged out my stack of ammo went from 86 or whatever to 1. 

So I put all my points into STR and just beat shit to death.  Combat is definitely not fun.  But at least you heal fast.

hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: February 05, 2017, 03:20:00 PM

So here is an other twist. And why this whole slave thing can be compelling. Fighting in caves causes corruption which lowers your hit points. The only cure is standing near a dancer. There are npc dancers but if you stand near them they fight you, they don't dance they fight you. So you knock them out (and there's a weapon that has a chance of doing this) drag them to your wheel of pain and make slaves outta them. Now you can stand near them and there will heal your corruption. Steel making requires brimstone that can be mined is caves. Also the upgrade to the first bow requires drops from spiders and of course there is a cave full of spiders. Now both brimstone and the spiders can be found outside of caves but they are few and far between. So there you go if you want steel weapons and armor (and there the best you can get) so the easy way here is to have slaves. And they have other uses as well.
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: February 05, 2017, 04:29:51 PM

So here is how my life went today in this game. I had logged out in my newly built home. A modest 3x2 affair. Just enough to hold some boxes a campfire and sleeping mat (re spawn point). So at log in the message is you were killed by hunger and i am on a road and not on the map so I have no idea where I am or which direction to go so I run down the road as all roads lead to the sea right? Well there is no sea there is a river/lake/pond but you can drink it and refill your water skin in it and it is job 1. Get to water. Thirst will kill you the quickest though hunger will kill you as well. Now the hunger thing is reasonable as I have not hunted I gathered built the house and built a box and dumped most of my inventory in the box. Well I run down the road and the road ends so I continue in that general direction and I see a green wall. I know if I so much as brush that wall I will die. That is what the bracelet is about. You can not leave the map. It is day break and the sun rises in the east. Well ma-bee. So I turn what should be north and run until I die again. Re spawn on a road (off the map) rinse and repeat but this time I find water in time. Better I find my house. So I make a stone sword ( a better weapon). I am getting hungry so I go hunting. I find one of the big turtles. Now with my weapon and newbie armor this should be OK. I will lose some health but I will be able to loot 1, 2, 3 savory meat which when cooked on a camp fire is really good food. Well a unseen second adds and I died without looting anything. Rince and repeat and I kill the second add and loot both the add and the first kill. Go back to my house build a camp fire and cook all the meat. That took about an hour and a half. And that was enough Conan for me on this day.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: February 05, 2017, 04:32:48 PM

Paragraphs kid, paragraphs.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: February 05, 2017, 08:18:48 PM

Also, more of your experience with the game, less coming here to iterate shit you watched on youtube in a giant grammar-less poop.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: February 06, 2017, 07:23:15 AM

Broke into somebody's base yesterday to discover they had created a miniature fortress with loads of equipment and NPC servants. As we only had enough explosives to blow a small hole in their wall, we left it largely intact.

Fully expect that when I log on this evening, our base will have been totally wrecked in retaliation.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: February 06, 2017, 09:42:12 AM

I'm still at the beginning river, but so far I've found camps of NPC exiles, weird mutant turtles and their offspring, and deformed mutants.  Also some non hostile rabbits and gazelle looking things.

Seems like a fair assortment of wildlife some of which is very hostile. Gators are MEAN and persistent every death I have had so far was not noticing a god damn aligator.

There are weird turtle humanoid things which are pretty reasonable to kill early on. Various human camps. I assume stuff gets even crazier once you get away from the start area but seems like a fair amount of things in the world.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: February 06, 2017, 12:56:38 PM

So I want to set up a server for a small group of friends.  I've got a spare box that should have more than enough horsepower, but what I'm wondering is if having the server running on one machine while I'm running the client/playing the game on another box (using the same connection) will make Steam shut the proceedings down for having two machines 'playing the game' simultaneously.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #123 on: February 06, 2017, 04:14:43 PM

I haven't researched this for Conan but based on my experience with Starbound*, in theory, if you can get the server game to run in offline mode you don't need a second account.

* For Starbound I did make another account for my server but it was possible to use a single account as long as you weren't logged into the game during server version updates and stuff (i.e. only one can be logged in at a time).
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #124 on: February 06, 2017, 04:22:48 PM

For running server in dedicated mode, you don't actually need Steam running. You'll be downloading some program called "SteamCMD" through which the server will be started from a command prompt. I host & play using two PCs on the same connection, no prob.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: February 06, 2017, 05:29:45 PM

I am thinking after you got your starting house by the river. This is a lot of and's but if you have upgraded as far as you can go with sandstone and fiber you need iron. Now from where you are you need to go north east ( I have restarted a number of times and this has always been true). But you want to go up. You want to climb. What you are looking for is blueish grayish rocks. Now your stone pick will give you some iron ore but an iron pick will give you 3 times the ore from the same rock. So that's job one as you need iron tools, armor and weapons. After that you want steel and the easy way there is caves in the area as you need brimstone to make steel. You will need other things as well but there not as hard as brimstone.
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: February 06, 2017, 06:30:31 PM

I don't like this kinda game. But I have all was liked fun com games. Even if I sucked at them. I liked the content. And I do like this. There is no negative about a death. you just re spawn. Depending on server rules you may need to loot your corpse or others could loot your corpse. But if you died it is not that hard to get back as you do not lose your level. And you can all ways run away. Just run far enough.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: February 06, 2017, 06:43:37 PM

I really feel sometimes like you're a kind of baby Skynet, trying to figure out what to say to the humans. It's sort of cute and sort of not.
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: February 06, 2017, 07:18:15 PM

So just in case you haven't heard this before. I am a 64 year old disabled veteran (60% disability)  and I Like to play computer games. I like to play blade and soul and tera because I can play women with big tits and that pleases me. And conan exiles fits in there nicely but how the heck do you play. Well it is not that hard but as I discover things I try to bring them to the forum so others are aware. I am just trying to help.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: February 06, 2017, 08:46:18 PM

For running server in dedicated mode, you don't actually need Steam running. You'll be downloading some program called "SteamCMD" through which the server will be started from a command prompt. I host & play using two PCs on the same connection, no prob.

Awesome! Many thanks.  :)

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: February 06, 2017, 11:52:28 PM

So just in case you haven't heard this before. I am a 64 year old disabled veteran (60% disability)  and I Like to play computer games. I like to play blade and soul and tera because I can play women with big tits and that pleases me. And conan exiles fits in there nicely but how the heck do you play. Well it is not that hard but as I discover things I try to bring them to the forum so others are aware. I am just trying to help.

I see you have met the Jade Brigade.  Don't take what they say to heart.  Imagine them being a clique of highschool girls and you won't be far off the mark.

Torinak
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: February 07, 2017, 12:06:19 AM

Thanks for the writeups. Paragraphs would make them more readable, but it's nice to have gameplay info.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: February 07, 2017, 07:53:55 AM

It's not the jade brigade to expect the slightest sense and grammar in a text medium, ffs. Being a disabled vet doesn't mean you can't hit the fucking enter button a couple times. On the other hand, using the vet card for that kinda does make you sound like a cunt.

Also, he's doing part writeup and part 'shit I saw on youtube'.

For an actual writeup....Yes, when I got my light armor and stone sword and leveled up my hp and str a bit, I snuck up to the area outside the temple. And yeah, I youtubed this shit, because fuck dying a hundred times to find a good iron spot in early access jankiness :) I'll spoiler it:

Make a trip up there as stripped down as possible and load up with iron. I brought back enough with maybe 4 endurance to make the armor bench, an iron pick, an iron sword and I think a medium chestpiece (can't remember if that needed iron though). You'll want the iron pick asap as it gives drastically better yield from the ironstone nodes.

Once you have the iron sword and get started on medium armor, things suck significantly less as a solo player, crocs are dealt with much more easily and you'll probably survive adds unless you pulled too hard. Still haven't tried a rhino yet, but as I said earlier, was able to make some progress into the temple. I'd bring more regen food the next time, hp regen is decent but still not fast enough to make it a fun experience and repop is an issue if you hang out with default regen.

Then I was poking around the admin menu trying to figure out how that worked and reset my xp to level 1  Ohhhhh, I see. So I think I "cheated" myself back to where I was (losing the mitra altar recipe was big since it's 50 pts), at level 18. So probably don't dick around with the admin menu. No pun intended.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:56:29 AM by Sky »
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: February 07, 2017, 11:10:22 AM

Looks like they've over 320k copies so far, which is pretty impressive, and as a result Funcom has recouped all development costs.

http://www.funcom.com/investors/update_on_conan_exiles1
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: February 07, 2017, 12:11:28 PM

It's not the jade brigade to expect the slightest sense and grammar in a text medium, ffs. Being a disabled vet doesn't mean you can't hit the fucking enter button a couple times. On the other hand, using the vet card for that kinda does make you sound like a cunt.

Also, he's doing part writeup and part 'shit I saw on youtube'.

I realize it's hard to tell in the echo chamber, but you guys practically trip over each other to be smug, condescending douches to everyone and anything.

And seriously?  "vet card"?  Get the fuck over yourself.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: February 07, 2017, 12:14:50 PM

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect all posters to use decent grammar and spelling.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: February 07, 2017, 12:16:43 PM

It's also not unreasonable to expect posters to not be a twat when expressing those desires.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #137 on: February 07, 2017, 01:38:16 PM

Even though no one does english better that wot I do, spelling and grammar mean nothing to me unless someone pays me to care.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: February 07, 2017, 04:25:30 PM

The Catholic vote says twatness is for heretics.

Hic sunt dracones.
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: February 07, 2017, 05:04:25 PM

So how is this game going for me? I built my house near water. Again job 1 get to water. There are no resources around me. There are more houses here now than there were when I built my house. So, I am thinking build a second house closer to the iron drops. I need to upgrade the starter stuff before I go to iron. But I might could find a location with less competition and more resources. Anyway that's my thoughts.

And my posts have always drawn hate from the grammar guys. And that's OK. I can always do better. And that's worth trying to do.

Am I telling you about stuff I have seen on YouTube and haven't done myself? Absolutely, without question. But if no one else has posted it and your trying to play this game you gotta understand the progression so as I learn it I try to pass it on. Again I am just trying to help.

And this is not my kinda game. Today I played Tera for 6ish hours and Conan for ma-bee 1 hour. And that hour was a waste as the area I am in was picked over thus my thoughts on moving my base of operations.

But I have always liked fun com games. And I think this will be a good game.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Conan Exiles [NSFW]  
Jump to: