Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:42:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Conan Exiles [NSFW] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Conan Exiles [NSFW]  (Read 67135 times)
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

on: January 28, 2016, 10:01:48 AM

Looks like Funcom hasn't let go of Conan just yet... they're making a "open-world-survival" game in which you play Conan....oops, I mean.... in which you play random schlobs that aren't Conan, but still live in the same universe as he does, and try to survive, and build houses. Or something. Not sure yet, there's only a cinematic trailer and very limited info so far, except "early access in summer 2016".

http://www.conanexiles.com/
SURVIVE. BUILD. DOMINATE.

Play alone in single-player mode, or forge alliances and make enemies online on both public and private servers.

Will you dominate the exiled lands or will your enemies sacrifice you on the altar of their god?

Early Access on the PC coming summer 2016.
Full launch on PC and console to follow.

As a Conan fan (and as an ex-FC employee) I'll probably try this at some point.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 03:59:29 PM by schild »

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 10:57:19 AM

The description

Here you must fight to survive, build and dominate.

Hungry, thirsty and alone, your very first battle is that against the harsh environment. Grow crops or hunt animals for food. Harvest resources to build weapons and tools. Build a shelter to survive. Ride across a vast world and explore alone, or band together with other players to build entire settlements and strongholds to withstand fierce invasions.

When strong enough, march forth into battle and wage war against your enemies as you fight to dominate the exiled lands. Sacrifice enemy players on the altars of the gods and shift the balance of power your way. Unleash your fury in savage, fast-paced combat and execute bloody and bone-crushing attacks that will see heads rolling and limbs flying.

sounds exactly like the Conan 2007 MMORPG. Or what it should have been. That still managed to be a great game despite all the cuts and issues so, once again, Funcom has my attention.

schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 12:06:40 PM

I liked Conan. I'll give this a go.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 12:30:13 PM

Hey! By the time this is out I'll be living in the USA. Same server!

schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 12:54:11 PM

Hey! By the time this is out I'll be living in the USA. Same server!
Oh, you're finally moving here?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 01:18:40 PM

Yes! ETA: June - August.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 02:09:56 PM

Do you even need a license any more to do a Conan world? Obviously you have to figure out how to deal with trademarked adaptations, but the books themselves are PD now, I think.
penfold
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 03:02:49 PM

The last time i logged into Conan 1 or 2 people in my guild had built an entire walled town since i previously logged in, i was impressed other than it was completely lifeless, filled with huge bare rooms and empty buildings.

I liked Conan, and might as well played it longer had my guild had a larger playerbase. It had some really nice architecture and design.

FC risking it a bit joining the tail end of the open world survival games, i heard they were in trouble.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 07:00:05 PM

When have they not been in trouble?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 10:39:59 AM

A year passes....

Are we going to do anything with this one?  I'm assuming you can make a persistent server or sommat.  Maybe I shouldn't assume that.  I don't know that I entirely understand this game.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 01:15:56 PM

A year passes....

Are we going to do anything with this one?  I'm assuming you can make a persistent server or sommat.  Maybe I shouldn't assume that.  I don't know that I entirely understand this game.

Is this thing out yet?
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 04:07:44 PM

sounds exactly like the Conan 2007 MMORPG. Or what it should have been.
I mean, just release the mmo as a single player game, tweak it a bit so any group-only stuff can be soloed by a buff enough character. I'd buy it, I liked the game.

That should actually be the exit strategy for every mmo. Milk all the sub/rmt you can out of it and then when it starts drying up, use the last bit to mod the game for single player for a decent cashout. You'd get good buy-in from a lot of ex-players.

I'd probably buy a single player version of at least half the mmos I've played, if they came with all content intact and tweaked for single player.
schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 07:39:42 PM

I just got some PR about this!

Oslo, Norway – January 13th, 2017 – In less than three weeks, Funcom’s ambitious open-world survival sandbox game Conan Exiles launches into Early Access on PC. Starting January 31st, gamers will get to play either by themselves or with others as they strive to survive, build, and dominate the world of the greatest fantasy hero of all time. Today Funcom announced what many players have been dying to know about: the server system, the tools they get to control the server and the world around them, and the mod support system in Conan Exiles on PC.

In Conan Exiles, you have a wide variety of ways to play the game.

Host a local game where you can play alone or with a small group of friends connecting directly to your game session
Play Online on an Official Server hosted by Funcom
Play Online on an Unofficial Server hosted either by yourself or another player

Players will be able to set up their own dedicated servers using their own hardware or rent servers through Funcom’s official server partner PingPerfect (www.pingperfect.com). Players can easily find the right server to suit their preferred playstyle by using the Community Filter when they first start playing. This allows them to find a comfortable home with likeminded gamers in categories such as Hardcore, Role-Play, Casual, and so on.

If you choose to run your own server, you will have access to a powerful server control system that allows you to alter many aspects of the play experience. Here you can toggle PvP, turn off avatars, disable the sandstorm, choose what players lose when they die, control the day/night cycle, resource yield, and much more. Server admins can easily make changes to settings in-game, on the fly, and instantly see the changes, most of which does not even require a server restart. Server admins also have access to a full-featured in-game developer tool that allows them spawn any item available in the game, from weapons to building pieces and resources. They can also trigger god mode, make themselves invisible, teleport around the game world, spawn monsters and NPCs, disable hunger/thirst, and much more.

“The great thing about these games is that you can play them however you want,” says Creative Director Joel Bylos. “You can easily set up a server and play with your friends, and with our in-game controls you can simply adjust all aspects of your play experience to suit your playstyle whether that is turning off thirst, spawning a huge monster, or stop the day/night cycle. If you want to play all by yourself locally, you have access to the very same controls.”
Funcom is also excited to announce that Conan Exiles will feature full mod support on PC. This is planned to be available from the start of Early Access. Mod developers will be able to download a custom Unreal Engine editor and make all kinds of modifications to the game, from adding new monsters and items, to changing aspects of gameplay. A mod management tool which connects to the Steam Workshop allows players to easily load in the mods they want to play with. More information on the mod system and tools will be revealed soon.

For more information, check out the latest dev blog at blog.conanexiles.com. Server setup and controls for the Xbox One version will be announced later.

Conan Exiles enters Early Access on PC on January 31st and will also become available as an Xbox One Game Preview title in Spring 2017. You can learn more about Conan Exiles on www.conanexiles.com. For more information about Funcom, please visit www.funcom.com.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #13 on: January 16, 2017, 07:50:09 PM

Yes, Schild's post is the info I was referring to.  I just thought everyone would know what I was talking about auto-magically.  Oops.  Sorry.  Some of you guys like having your own servers and stuff so I was wondering if there were any plans.  I liked Conan, too. 

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #14 on: January 17, 2017, 12:08:21 AM

I propose we create a hardcore, full loot, perma-death PvP server.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 06:39:44 AM

Conan the farmer?  I must have missed that in the trilogy.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 17, 2017, 06:50:54 AM

Little known fact that after talking about what is best in life, you know 'lamentations of the women' Conan went on to discuss at length healthy cows, the perfect amount of rainfall and a plough that runs straight. Most historians cut that boring stuff out though.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
schild
Administrator

Reply #17 on: January 17, 2017, 07:50:22 AM

I propose we create a hardcore, full loot, perma-death PvP server.
I wouldn't be upset about it. The server name will be "This is fine."
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 17, 2017, 07:53:35 AM

Swords into plowshares

Lots and lots of plowshares

And tits.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #19 on: January 17, 2017, 07:59:09 AM

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #20 on: January 17, 2017, 10:19:12 AM

I used to think it was hilarious in the Conan game when all the boys ran around with their tits out.

palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 17, 2017, 01:13:16 PM

It's a survival game with a focus on building your house or base. Max 70 players per server at a time on official servers. It has some traditional MMO elements, as there are dungeons to explore.

The devs clearly love their PvP, based on what they say on their Twitch stream, but anyone can set up a server and you can turn PvP off. I don't know if there will be any non-PvP official servers but I'd assume there will be. As you can set up your own server, you can effectively make it a single player game too.

It's designed to be easily moddable, apparently. It looks very pretty.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #22 on: January 17, 2017, 03:15:54 PM

I'll make the official f13.net Carebear server awesome, for real
Torinak
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 17, 2017, 03:28:24 PM

But is it hardcore enough for grunk?
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: January 17, 2017, 04:55:45 PM

I wouldn't mind a server which allows PvP but won't let you destroy bases, which is apparently an option. You might los everything you're carrying but at least people can't blow up your home and steal all your replacement gear.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: January 17, 2017, 05:09:29 PM

I wouldn't mind a server which allows PvP but won't let you destroy bases, which is apparently an option. You might los everything you're carrying but at least people can't blow up your home and steal all your replacement gear.
This sounds perfect.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
schild
Administrator

Reply #26 on: January 17, 2017, 06:34:01 PM

This sounds perfect.
This would be fucking awesome.

Can we do this.

Please?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #27 on: January 17, 2017, 07:41:07 PM

Ugh, it looks like hosting a server requires a running "client" meaning you need a gaming PC setup.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #28 on: January 17, 2017, 08:01:32 PM

Use a WinX AMI. roflcopter
schild
Administrator

Reply #29 on: January 17, 2017, 08:02:27 PM

:(
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: January 17, 2017, 08:12:22 PM

Tits are the new death robe
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #31 on: January 17, 2017, 08:28:49 PM

Use a WinX AMI. roflcopter
Yes you can run Windows on an EC2 instance (which costs more) but you would need a GPU-accelerated one and even that may not work well enough.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #32 on: January 17, 2017, 08:40:40 PM

It's been done.  Cf.  Appstream.  Point is we'd need to pass the hat for a dedicated g2.2xlarge. Or 8x if people want.  I say dedicated only because most gpu spot instances often seem full (better for ML work).
Torinak
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: January 17, 2017, 08:56:57 PM

Ugh, it looks like hosting a server requires a running "client" meaning you need a gaming PC setup.

LOL

Best case: The devs were lazy and just threw the server code into the client. They'll factor it out into separate binaries (with a separate content tool if necessary) before release.

Worst case: All server code is actually run on the client, guaranteeing a massive hack-fest.

Funcom case: All server code is actually run on the client, guaranteeing a massive hack-fest. All remote administration capabilities are also baked into the client, with hard-coded passwords that cannot be changed. Also, the client comes with built-in ransomware that triggers two weeks after launch.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: January 17, 2017, 09:46:26 PM

I thought Funcom case would be the first 20% or your stronghold is fucking sweet, but the rest is a grainy pixalated dump that has to have the fun patched in later.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Conan Exiles [NSFW]  
Jump to: