Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 23, 2018, 04:13:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Star Trek (CBS VOD 2017) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Trek (CBS VOD 2017)  (Read 19252 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #315 on: January 09, 2018, 02:57:15 PM

I wish I understood what the CBS people were thinking. They've added the show to Amazon Prime--but you have to pay extra on top of your Amazon Prime subscription to see it. Wait, what? Oh, I get other CBS shows in there too, thanks for nothing. Nope, not gonna do it.

Do you US people not get this on Netflix?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #316 on: January 09, 2018, 03:17:33 PM

CBS is using it as the flagship show on their new streaming service. They also sold it to CraveTV in Canada so it's not on Netflix here either. The rest of the world has it on Netflix as is right and proper.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #317 on: January 09, 2018, 03:28:24 PM

I guess I should be thankful individual channels don't go around trying to run their own subscription services over here.

It isn't the cost I'd object to - its managing however many subscriptions.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #318 on: January 09, 2018, 07:43:03 PM

This is fundamentally my issue. I do not want another subscription. Period. I might be fine with paying out the money a la carte, but I want to pay through one of the already innumerable payment streams I'm sunk into. I object profoundly to the request for another subscription.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

http://tinyurl.com/d89qk7g

Reply #319 on: January 09, 2018, 08:03:28 PM

Yeah, been saying for years the ultimate end state (ideally, obviously corporations are greedy fucks who will resist) would be a single subscription (be it to a cable company or netflix type place) where you pay al a carte for access (instant, any time, no commercial access) to their entire catalog of content.  You just add what ever amount of money onto your monthly subscription.  Hell, the way the content producers  and ip owners are eating each other lately, wont even be that many options.

How long it takes to get to that point, who knows.  Everybody seem to be pulling content from netflix to try their own streaming service, but that's long term self defeating because except for maybe Disney and HBO, they don't have enough to stand on their own.  Ultimately, it benefits both sides to have a single platform to distribute everything on.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #320 on: January 10, 2018, 06:38:39 PM

This is fundamentally my issue. I do not want another subscription. Period. I might be fine with paying out the money a la carte, but I want to pay through one of the already innumerable payment streams I'm sunk into. I object profoundly to the request for another subscription.

You can literally do this through amazon prime right now for this specific channel/show, as mentioned earlier.  If you're fast, you can even binge the whole thing in the free trial and never look back.
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #321 on: January 10, 2018, 09:21:32 PM

More from this episode re: Stamets

« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 11:02:32 PM by Special J »
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #322 on: January 11, 2018, 06:19:02 AM

Edit :  Stop it dude.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #323 on: January 11, 2018, 09:14:21 AM

More from this episode re: Stamets

Although he still seems to be good? Maybe the real Stamets was secretly evil.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #324 on: January 13, 2018, 09:17:47 PM

Meh, there were plenty of non-evil types in the mirror universe. Most of them ended up dead but they were there.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #325 on: January 13, 2018, 11:12:08 PM

Hell, Spock in the original Mirror episode was not exactly Evil.

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #326 on: January 14, 2018, 11:16:57 PM

Ok, we did the three-day trial, 3 episodes in. My video-game savvy daughter said in the middle of episode 2, "It's more like a sidequest in Mass Effect". Which was not a criticism from her.

I've been trying to avoid overt spoilers, but the discussion here mentioning the Mirror Universe pretty much was like "Yeah, I see that even in Episode 3"--"black alert", lots of stuff. Ok. We will see where it goes, at any rate.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Star Trek (CBS VOD 2017)  
Jump to: