Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:34:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL 2015-2016 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NHL 2015-2016  (Read 28595 times)
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: June 29, 2016, 12:50:41 PM

Sigh.

Fucking Oilers.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #71 on: June 29, 2016, 01:19:03 PM

And... now no one cares what the Oilers did.  Suban for Weber, holy schnikies.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: June 29, 2016, 02:37:13 PM

Oilers got it hard. A top 10 winger in the league for a guy who has potential but is still a prospect? Every GM in the league must be thinking they would offered more for Hall.

Apparently Subban was heavily disliked by his teammates and coaches, kind of an arrogant loudmouth. I love him as a player though, very special, treat to watch, every little movement he does is so powerful and agile he is almost impossible to check. That said if there is any guy I love as much as him it's weber. Just a fantastic player, top 5 damn in league. His cannon slapper and its reliability helps the dismal PP more than Subbban too. This trade makes Montréal better now but carries more medium term risk.

Bergevin stated a year ago he wants to make the Habs a tough team to play against. Adding shaw now weber does that. I can see them going very hard for Ladd now too. He is turning Montréal into a west cont team.
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: June 29, 2016, 02:57:04 PM

I don't think a lot of teams were offering better than NJ did for Hall in terms of what Edmonton needed. There was no way Edmonton was going to win a Hall trade (he was basically guaranteed to be the best player in any kind of deal; hell, only two LWers have out-scored him in the last couple years -- and that's if you count Ovi as LW instead of RW). A lot fo teams could have made a better offer on Hall.. but that would have meant bringing in forwards and defense-men who play the left side. Edmonton needed defense-men who played the right side (going into today we actually only had one; Mark Fayne, who were RHD). As such, the Oilers got fucked.. but it may end up improving the team because the best forwards in the league are meaningless if your D is trash (as Edmonton has seen for the past five years). Larsson isn't as bad as Speedy makes him out to be; but he is unproven. There is definite risk there. Chiarelli was under the gun already, but now he is very much hanging with his job on the line.

Still, the Oilers are likely to bring in Lucic on the 1st, and may bring in Demers in addition to that. Further, there is likely a trade that'll happen considering we have 11-13 LHD that are NHL capable.

Still...

Fucking Oilers.

As for the Subban trade.. dumb trade, but only because of the age situation. Weber is a great player, but on the wrong side of the curve. Subban, meanwhile, will likely only improve his game playing the the defense factory that is Nashville.

At least Stamkos stuck his finger in the eye of the Toronto media by staying in Tampa at 8.5 mil per year.
WayAbvPar

Reply #74 on: June 29, 2016, 03:08:30 PM

I really think I would rather be an Oilers fan than a Canucks fan right now. Jim Benning is just an utter and complete apocalyptic disaster. And you could always go back and watch highlights from the 80s =)

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: June 29, 2016, 04:28:46 PM

It is generally accepted by Oiler fans that the last 6-7 years (the period during which we've been absolutely terrible), and the period from ~'93 to '08 (the period in which we were semi-competitive but not really due to financial reasons only) are all the fault of the '80s and the Hockey Gods punishing us for that team (and unnecessary dismantling thereof).

Thankfully, I was alive to watch and enjoy at least the latter part of the '80s team (and saw the rest growing up on tape -- tapes I still have, actually).
WayAbvPar

Reply #76 on: July 01, 2016, 12:55:17 PM

Those teams are what got me into hockey. 99 remains my favorite sports figure of all time.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL 2015-2016  
Jump to: