Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:07:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL 2015-2016 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NHL 2015-2016  (Read 28599 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #35 on: February 10, 2016, 09:20:34 AM

I love seeing that shithead exposed for the grossly overrated pile of garbage that he is.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 14, 2016, 07:24:20 PM

And Ottawa is now 0 and Phaneuf since the trade. awesome, for real  Not only that but he has looked like absolute garbage for all of about 10 mins of those games.
WayAbvPar

Reply #37 on: February 15, 2016, 11:27:30 AM

0 and Phaneuf
awesome, for real

That made me legitimately LOL.

About the only thing about this season that is making me smile. God the Canucks are a dumpster fire. Like anyone outside of the Canucks front office could have predicted.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: February 29, 2016, 12:55:18 PM

Really keen to see Eric Staal on the Rangers. Pretty sick player to have on your 3rd line. I think they have been forgotten with all the Washington hype and after they got knocked down in the east standings with a brutal month of December. They have been playing great hockey since then, very tight.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 29, 2016, 02:15:26 PM

I'm kinda bummed we traded Reimer away, he's good people. :(

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
WayAbvPar

Reply #40 on: February 29, 2016, 02:42:13 PM

Poor Brooks Laich. Going from the Caps to the Leafs is just fucking wrong. Wish he would gone to the Islanders, which is gathering a collection of former Seattle Thunderbirds.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: March 01, 2016, 07:32:31 AM

What an anti-climactic trade deadline yesterday was.  When Kris Russell (who is a good D man and a shot blocking machine but is only a 3-4 pairing guy) is the most high profile player dealt, you know it's a slow day.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #42 on: March 16, 2016, 11:27:14 PM

So apparently, the Flyers cannot manage to beat a horrendous EDM team...but sweeps CHI, allowing them to creep back into the #8 slot in the east?

I'm a bit torn, because I was expecting them to pick up one last high first-round pick before really getting their rebuild going.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Strazos

Reply #43 on: April 12, 2016, 09:38:11 PM

So, loooooool Boston.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: April 13, 2016, 08:23:58 AM

Good offence but they had no business in the playoffs anyway with that D

I think the Rangers win the East, and the West is whatever team comes out of that California deathmatch.

I'm just not sold on the Capitals ability to play defence, although maybe Holtby can carry them.

Stars vs Wild - Wild in 7 ( stars another team that doesn't have D)
Blues vs Hawks - Blues in 6 (Blues year to go to WCF, but then again we have overestimated them before)
Ducks vs Predators - Ducks in 5 (I like the Preds, but inconsistent while Ducks are excellent)
Kings vs Sharks - Kings in 7 (basically a toss up)

Islanders vs Panthers - Panthers in 5 (too many injuries for Islanders)
Lightning vs Red Wings - Red Wings in 7 (too many injuries for Bolts)
Capitals vs Flyers - Capitals in 6 (Should be intense & entertaining, but Flyers aren't there yet)
Penguins vs Rangers - Rangers in 5 (too many injuries for Pens)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 10:46:05 AM by Speedy Cerviche »
Strazos

Reply #45 on: April 13, 2016, 05:50:36 PM

Rangers have injuries as well, and the is past its prime - I picked Washington to take it all over the Stars.

Fear the Backstab!
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: April 13, 2016, 06:44:02 PM

Any team that has Eric Staal as their 3rd line center is pretty deep. Although Henrik getting a stick in his eye in the 1st period is an auspicious start...

What's up with those yellow t-shirts they gave out in Pittsburgh? Painful to look at. They're not even the right colour.
WayAbvPar

Reply #47 on: April 13, 2016, 09:54:49 PM

Good offence but they had no business in the playoffs anyway with that D

I think the Rangers win the East, and the West is whatever team comes out of that California deathmatch.

I'm just not sold on the Capitals ability to play defence, although maybe Holtby can carry them.

Stars vs Wild - Wild in 7 ( stars another team that doesn't have D)
Blues vs Hawks - Blues in 6 (Blues year to go to WCF, but then again we have overestimated them before)
Ducks vs Predators - Ducks in 5 (I like the Preds, but inconsistent while Ducks are excellent)
Kings vs Sharks - Kings in 7 (basically a toss up)

Islanders vs Panthers - Panthers in 5 (too many injuries for Islanders)
Lightning vs Red Wings - Red Wings in 7 (too many injuries for Bolts)
Capitals vs Flyers - Capitals in 6 (Should be intense & entertaining, but Flyers aren't there yet)
Penguins vs Rangers - Rangers in 5 (too many injuries for Pens)

Stars v Wild- Dallas in 6
Blues v Blackhawks- Chicago in 7
Ducks v Preds- Anaheim in 5
Kings v Sharks- LA  in 7

Islanders v Panthers- Florida in 7
Lightning v Red Wings- Detroit in 6
Caps v Flyers- Caps Washington in 5
Penguins v Rangers- NY in 6

WayAbvPar

Reply #48 on: April 15, 2016, 11:20:40 AM

I see Roberto Luongo is right back in playoff shape. I love the guy, but he is shaky as hell in the postseason.

WayAbvPar

Reply #49 on: April 28, 2016, 09:02:16 AM

Went to maybe the most exciting hockey game I have ever attended last night. Seattle Thunderbirds v Kelowna Rockets. Seattle up 3-0 in the WHL WCF, Kelowna takes a 4-2 lead into the last 2 minutes of the 3rd period. Seattle scores with 1:15 left to get within 1, then scores again with 2.7 seconds left to take it to OT. 2nd OT a rookie who didn't play a minute of the first OT gets a semi-breakaway and beats the goalie for the win and sweep.

Kelowna goaltender was amazing- 71 saves on 76 shots! We were sitting 16 rows up directly behind him on the last shot. Amazing game.

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: April 28, 2016, 11:32:48 AM

We did that in my beer league playoffs last year in game 3 of a best of 3 elimination game, although they were so shattered we won 2 mins into OT. Moments like that make sport great.

Oh yeah, like Boston did to the Leafs also haha.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: May 13, 2016, 03:19:56 AM

So I'm digging the Western Conference this year giving us Sharks / Blues, however fuck the Eastern Conference for giving us the Penguins and a Stamkos less Lightning *snnoooore*. I wanted to see Ovechkin play for a cup.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: May 13, 2016, 05:42:10 AM

I'm basically done with the playoffs now. I have zero interest in any of the teams remaining. Hell, none of the four remaining teams are ones I'd even like to win the cup, but the team I'd prefer to win it (that's left) is Tampa.. simply because I don't dislike them as much as I do the other three.
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: May 13, 2016, 06:18:52 AM

Looks like two great conf finals to me. I don't get the griping. What's wrong with Bolts vs Pens?? Stamkos might be back soon, Kucherov & Hedman are playing great.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: May 13, 2016, 03:42:46 PM

I usually base things on teams who won the cup last.  So fuck Pitt and the snoring.  You really want to see Crosby and Kessell win a cup? Really?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: May 13, 2016, 07:13:09 PM

They're playing great hockey, gotta respect that.

Bishop carted off on a stretcher, leg injury, doesn't look good for the bolts.
Strazos

Reply #56 on: May 13, 2016, 11:46:16 PM

I'd rather see the Blues or Sharks win - neither has won a cup, and neither has really tanked to victory.

Fear the Backstab!
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #57 on: May 27, 2016, 06:50:26 AM

Couldn't be happier with the cup finals this year.  I'm a Penguins fan, but I like the Sharks as well.
WayAbvPar

Reply #58 on: May 27, 2016, 02:46:58 PM

Go food chain!

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #59 on: May 27, 2016, 03:34:42 PM

Dreading going downtown during this non-sense. Nightmare forthcoming.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: May 29, 2016, 06:20:56 PM

should be a great final, like both of these teams and they both have players who are great with the puck and a treat to watch.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #61 on: May 31, 2016, 06:16:55 AM

Suck it, food chain.
WayAbvPar

Reply #62 on: May 31, 2016, 09:05:12 AM

The worst part about it is it was a former Canuck that scored the GWG. Sigh.

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: June 08, 2016, 08:05:16 AM

The Pens are a very bad match up for the Sharks since they play the same game but the Pens are playing marginally better basically at every position. Their star forwards are better, their supporting forwards are better, their #1 D-man has been better, so have the rest of the D, and their goaltending has been better. It's all still very close, but that's the difference in the games. They are outcoaching the Sharks too, they have covered Pavelski and Burns VERY tightly on the powerplay and the Sharks have not adapted at all, just making slow perimeter passes and shooting into shot blockers. Looking like Burns has been seriously overrated, he is the worst offender at not being able to adapt his game, he just keeps shooting into guys shinpads when they are right in front of him.
Strazos

Reply #64 on: June 08, 2016, 08:08:46 PM

Yeah, it's been pretty depressing to try to watch this. On paper, I would have thought the Sharks would win this in a walk. But the Pens, with their small collection of stars and with a bunch of jobbers filling in the gaps...are making the Sharks look sloppy, slow, and impotent.

Sharks are not making clean breakouts hardly at all, everything they do seems far too deliberate, and they're making defensive mistakes resulting in shit goals. I don't put much of this at all on Jones.

Pens are simply red-hot at the perfect time and over-performing, which is depressing.

Fear the Backstab!
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: June 09, 2016, 06:41:56 AM

I don't know about over-performing... They have been the best team in hockey since like February. They are very well coached and have a lot of talent and it's not a coincidence both teams look similar, they are both playing high quality hockey. The Pens lucky break (asides from staying healthy, which is a luck pre-requisite for any deep playofff run) was Matt Murray pulling a Patrick Roy cuz I am not sure they get this far with Marc Andre. Fleury.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #66 on: June 12, 2016, 08:07:41 PM

Penguins in six!
WayAbvPar

Reply #67 on: June 13, 2016, 10:02:40 AM

I may never stop vomiting.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #68 on: June 13, 2016, 12:51:30 PM

I am seriously debating on going to the parade just to see one since I am from Cleveland and have no idea how this works. I am not sure how I feel about that... since I actually have been a Pens fan since I was 8.

That said, Crosby gets the Smythe? A bit of a stretch.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Strazos

Reply #69 on: June 13, 2016, 07:06:23 PM

Pens got some lucky and/or weak goals, but...well, there's a bit of luck involved in winning a cup.

Fear the Backstab!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL 2015-2016  
Jump to: