Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:10:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: 2.3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2.3  (Read 56978 times)
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

on: June 23, 2015, 02:44:36 PM

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19802338/patch-230-ptr-preview-6-23-2015

Horadric cube
Tons of new crafting
New area content
No more rift trials
Torment 10

My wrist is ready.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 04:16:57 PM

gimme
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 05:45:59 PM

players will be able to discover this powerful ancient relic and utilize its incredible potential, including the ability to break down Legendary items and equip their special effects as passive skills (which are separate from your other passive skills)
Oh my tits.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 07:14:01 PM

Aww yea.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 05:30:01 AM

Welp, I was just getting used to understanding WTF was going on  why so serious?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 06:49:37 AM

Welp, I was just getting used to understanding WTF was going on  why so serious?
Oh, don't worry. With their track record for "speedy" patch releases, you'll only have to wait till next year.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Brennik
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 03:51:57 AM

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 09:29:22 AM

"Hey guys, please test our new content."

...7 hour queue because they don't spin up enough hardware to handle the testing.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 10:17:36 AM

REALLY liking those patch notes.
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 11:05:47 AM

Extract Legendary Power: Destroy an item to add its Legendary power to your catalogue of collected powers. Once a power has been extracted, it can be equipped to your character without the need to equip the item. Players may have one Weapon, one Armor, and one Jewelry power equipped at a time. Players may only equip powers from items that their characters can normally equip and use.

This is my new favorite thing ARPGs:

Permanent Puzzle ring because I'm a tool.
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 11:16:01 AM

Wow, this should be called "Fuckit, give them what they wanted since day 1" Patch.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 12:07:55 PM

Wow, this should be called "Fuckit, give them what they wanted since day 1" Patch.

Seriously, this patch is everything.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 12:08:48 PM

I'll be playing again as soon as it goes live.
schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 01:00:54 PM

Jenny and I are SO excited.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 03:39:06 PM

It'll probably be 8 weeks before this goes live so keep your index finger in your pants.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 03:01:26 AM

Oh wow, Phrasing.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #16 on: July 02, 2015, 05:05:26 AM

I like the idea of the box that gives you legendary stats.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 05:54:51 AM

I might start this game back up from scratch. I played with game briefly at launch and again with the expected. I played a wd, monk and crusader to various levels.

Might pick up a different class. How do seasons work in this game.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 06:02:03 AM

Seasons work just like you said.  You start from scratch and play for a certain amount of weeks/months.  At the end, the seasons characters are rolled into normal.

It's actually way more fun that it should be to do that. 
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 06:27:39 AM

Yeah after I posted that I realized that was just a ladder setup.

I guess I should just wait.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 03:16:44 PM

I really wish there was some way to exp lock your character.  I would  love to be able to EXP lock a toon at level  60 so i could farm the crap out of the level appropriate gems for that stupid achievement.  Trying to get them otherwise is just a monumental pain in the ass.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: July 07, 2015, 05:57:19 AM

I really wish there was some way to exp lock your character.  I would  love to be able to EXP lock a toon at level  60 so i could farm the crap out of the level appropriate gems for that stupid achievement.  Trying to get them otherwise is just a monumental pain in the ass.

That shouldn't be an issue anymore. this patch is removing most of the gems below level 60 and compressing them all into just a few tiers.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #22 on: July 07, 2015, 07:25:42 AM

Again?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #23 on: July 07, 2015, 10:08:19 AM

Must note that Seasons provide unique equipment, from what I've read.  They seem to be a conservative version of Path of Exile's league system.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: July 07, 2015, 12:46:04 PM

Some unique equipment.  8 unique legendary items (out of hundreds normally available), or at least that's my understanding of it.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #25 on: July 07, 2015, 12:47:50 PM

I did say conservative. Ohhhhh, I see.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #26 on: July 07, 2015, 01:32:20 PM

20 times this.  There has not been a game in history that has turned around this drastically from its fucked up release state.  I don't know who the fuck is running things for D3 now, but he deserves a medal, as well as what ever exec was willing to admit they fucked up so badly and signed off on backing down from everything they pushed.  Blizzard has lost a lot of credibility and good will I had towards them with a number of decisions they've made the last few years, but the way they handled D3 has given me hope they still have people who know how to make fun games.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #27 on: July 07, 2015, 01:52:01 PM

20 times this.  There has not been a game in history that has turned around this drastically from its fucked up release state.
FF XIV? EQ II? Marvel Heroes?
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: July 07, 2015, 02:02:50 PM

20 times this.  There has not been a game in history that has turned around this drastically from its fucked up release state.

I recently got FF XIV and tried to play it for a month.  I don't know what it's starting state was, but it's still mostly a bland boring MMO I couldn't make it more than a few weeks playing, so no.  :p

I only played EQ2 at the beginning, but find it hard to believe they actually made something fun out of it.  I'll take your word on it (though please explain, never followed what happened to it).

Was the Marval Diablo clone really that terrible at release?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: July 07, 2015, 02:07:47 PM

It was terrible, and I am not sure how much of a clone of Diablo it is, unless you think all games with an isometric view are Diablo clones.

schild
Administrator

Reply #30 on: July 07, 2015, 02:14:36 PM

Will never know. Trash. Trash.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: July 07, 2015, 11:02:14 PM

Marvel Heroes in its current state is decent.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 08, 2015, 12:43:35 AM

It was terrible, and I am not sure how much of a clone of Diablo it is, unless you think all games with an isometric view are Diablo clones.
I only played it a little, but uh, it's exactly the same sort of game play (ARPG).  I run around with my dude clicking a bunch to endlessly spam certain abilities at waves of critters who drop confetti.

-Stephen Colbert
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: July 08, 2015, 05:39:51 AM

It was terrible, it was a TOTAL Diablo clone then and now and it has turned itself around Enormously.

It's only problem is endgame stickiness, but that's the same, I find, with All these games.

As many of you know, my contempt for Blizzard and, in particular Diablo III early release, knows no bounds, but I have to agree big time that they fixed it.  Kudos.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #34 on: July 08, 2015, 05:42:41 AM

20 times this.  There has not been a game in history that has turned around this drastically from its fucked up release state.  I don't know who the fuck is running things for D3 now, but he deserves a medal, as well as what ever exec was willing to admit they fucked up so badly and signed off on backing down from everything they pushed.  Blizzard has lost a lot of credibility and good will I had towards them with a number of decisions they've made the last few years, but the way they handled D3 has given me hope they still have people who know how to make fun games.

I'm thinking this all stemmed from when Steve Parker left the game. http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Activision-Blizzard-Diablo-3-Steve-Parker-Senior-Producer,14539.html

In that article it notes that:

As specified in his update last week, the team is making changes to Diablo 3's core systems based on feedback by internal testing and those participating in the closed beta test. These changes include removing the Scroll of Identification, removing the Mystic artisan, removing the Cauldron of Jordan and the Nephalem Cube, and more. Thanks to the update, all previous speculation that the game was nearing completion was suddenly kicked out the door.

The ideas of a Mystic artisan and the Cube were around in 2012 before the thing even came out, and things started to get scrapped. Then about 7 months after it comes out and it's a clusterfuck, Jay Wilson gets fired, whom I think you can hang a lot of the problems on. Because after he leaves, things start getting turned around. Basically 6 months after that, they announced that the Auction Houses are getting shut down.

Josh Mosqueira takes over as the game director in June 2013, right before they announce the AH is coming down. Basically, if you wanted to credit a guy with why this game started taking a different direction, it all started when he came online.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: 2.3  
Jump to: