Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:33:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Gabe Newell back in your wallet - Summer Sale 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gabe Newell back in your wallet - Summer Sale 2015  (Read 93499 times)
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #105 on: June 19, 2015, 11:40:58 AM

Yeah, just caught myself up.  Think I may attempt a Swedish campaign of empire building into Russia.   awesome, for real

Diplomatically of course.  Since the newest expansion is for diplomacy.  So guess I should test that out.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: June 19, 2015, 12:48:04 PM

Assassins' Creed Black Flag 60% off at $15.99. Yea or nay?

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #107 on: June 19, 2015, 12:57:30 PM

Black Flag is surprisingly good.  I think it's the best AC game and would pay $16 for it.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #108 on: June 19, 2015, 01:39:09 PM

Is there something wrong with Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues since it's still in early access and already -50% off on steam sale?

fake edit: actually it says under "About This Game" that it's still in pre-Alpha and that the  game still needs a LOT of work.

What's wrong is that is aeons away from being a full game.
Do you think it will EVER be an actual game?  And good, too?  I have so many doubts.

That was kind of my point. Going -50% off at this point just removed any small hope that I might have had for this game (I had a soft spot for Garriott despite everything mostly due to nostalgia).
I was just interested to hear if someone knew of any new developments that might account for the game being on sale at -50%.

I don't think anyone can properly react to an alpha by Garriott being sold on Steam in the first place.  When you say the alpha is now 50% off, you're very close to ripping a hole in time and becoming your own grandfather.  Is it terrible?  Is it good?  When you discount an alpha on Steam, do you get an imaginary number?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: June 19, 2015, 07:24:25 PM

Zero times anything is still zero.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: June 19, 2015, 07:54:09 PM

Tropico 5 worth $10.74?

Also, anyone try Stranded Deep? Looks interesting.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #111 on: June 19, 2015, 09:26:59 PM

GoatZ is worth buying* just for this:
That’s right - you’ve found the ONLY SURVIVAL GAME ON STEAM that is NOT in Early Access!*
Also you can apparently strap a chain gun to your side and mow down zombies with it.

* I did buy it but haven't played it yet.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #112 on: June 20, 2015, 12:02:35 AM

I have to give DoubleFine massive fucking credit for being such awesome pricks on the Steam forums. I was looking at Massive Chalice and almost dropped the $10 but first hit the forums because... DoubleFine.

A user made a positive video in regards to the game with lots of praise, but the DF devs locked the thread with a "It's technically a banning offense, but that seems a little harsh to me, consider this a warning instead."

What cocks.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: June 20, 2015, 03:22:21 AM

Tropico 5 worth $10.74?

Also, anyone try Stranded Deep? Looks interesting.

It's the same as Tropico 4. But it's good, so if you haven't played 4 then go for it.
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: June 20, 2015, 11:46:25 AM

Didn't buy a single thing this sale. Nothing really appealed to me as the games I might have bought are either too new to have a decent sale.. or early access and I don't do early access games anymore.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: June 20, 2015, 12:11:28 PM

I bought South Park:Stick of Truth and Sunless Sea. I also bought the last things I was missing from CK2. (Un)fortunately nothing else on my wishlist made it to -50% (even Sunless Sea was actually just -40%).
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #116 on: June 20, 2015, 12:39:22 PM

Alien: Isolation, Hand of Fate and Ori for me.

Debating picking up Stranded Deep.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: June 20, 2015, 01:20:09 PM

For me, Antichamber and Mark of the Ninja were four euros well spent... but I probably fucked up by getting IWD Enhanced Edition, considering I had the base game already at GOG. #juststeamsalethings

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: June 20, 2015, 01:47:23 PM

I didn't buy much, but I regret most of it.

• Child of Light, looks pretty but I don't know anything else about it.  An RPG I think?  Going to be a while before I get around to trying it, probably.
  • DeadCore, a first person platforming game targeted at competitive speedrunning players.  It's one of those "SO HARDCORE" games so it's probably garbage.  Don't know why I bought it.
  • LISA, which looks like it might be the greatest thing ever but I'm not sure.
  • Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments.  Testament of Sherlock Holmes was pretty good up until the story completely shit all over itself in the third act, so hopefully this one will keep the mostly relatively sane puzzles but stick with a storyline that's slightly less bananas.  I also picked up a bunch of those old "Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detetctive" FMV games because I think we had one when I was a kid but I was too young to understand it, so they feel nostalgic but still kind of new.
  • Sunless Sea.  This one I think looks fun.  Haven't played it yet, but it looks really intriguing at least.
  • Transistor.  Heard mixed things about it, and I wasn't a huge fan of Bastion so I put off getting this but it does look interesting at least.  I dunno, I'll give it a shot.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: June 20, 2015, 02:11:44 PM

No sale for Axiom Verge, kinda surprised at that.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #120 on: June 20, 2015, 03:12:47 PM

Lets see..

Banner Saga (already installed and beat it, def my kind of game).
Transistor
Divinity 2
Shadow Warrior
Killer is Dead
Skull Girls
System Shock 2
The Fall
Sakura Spirit (  this guy looks legit )
One Finger Death Punch
Blade Symphony
Valkyria Chronicles
Anachronox

Total damage was around $50, little less I'm guessing

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: June 20, 2015, 04:02:19 PM

I think the dev said something about not putting the game on sale for six months after launch, to prevent customers from being surprised.

http://steamcommunity.com.tw/app/332200/discussions/0/613958868350466296/?insideModal=1
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: June 20, 2015, 08:30:54 PM

I have to give DoubleFine massive fucking credit for being such awesome pricks on the Steam forums. I was looking at Massive Chalice and almost dropped the $10 but first hit the forums because... DoubleFine.

A user made a positive video in regards to the game with lots of praise, but the DF devs locked the thread with a "It's technically a banning offense, but that seems a little harsh to me, consider this a warning instead."

What cocks.

Fuck Double Fine and fuck Tim Schafer.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: June 21, 2015, 02:08:37 AM

I think the dev said something about not putting the game on sale for six months after launch, to prevent customers from being surprised.

http://steamcommunity.com.tw/app/332200/discussions/0/613958868350466296/?insideModal=1

That's a weird idea. To me it just seems like a way to make the game have absolutely no visibility.
schild
Administrator

Reply #124 on: June 21, 2015, 04:25:30 PM

Thanks for not going on sale Armello, you piece of shit.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #125 on: June 21, 2015, 04:54:38 PM

I got FF 13-2 because I never played it and it was cheap.  And now I will.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #126 on: June 21, 2015, 07:12:41 PM

Was real tempted by White Night, but I'll get it this winter when it's a bit more on sale and I might play it rather than the four games I'm rotating right now. I hardly buy anything when I'm in minecraft mode, anyway.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: June 21, 2015, 10:38:05 PM

So who bought Akiba Strip?

Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: June 22, 2015, 01:33:30 AM

Another meh sale, It's easier to avoid buying games when you constantly see so many untouched games in your library.

I got

Sir, You Are Being Hunted
War for the Overworld
Shadowrun Chronicles

and a friend bought me Ark

These few plus my backlog should last me til xmas.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: June 22, 2015, 02:43:31 AM

I got the X-COM bundle and Civ III for less than $14.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: June 22, 2015, 02:50:11 AM

I ended up with

Ori and the Blind Forest
Age of Wonders 3
Tropico 5 DLC (for the SO)

Under 30€.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #131 on: June 22, 2015, 05:58:03 AM

I picked up Sunless Sea. Quite good, though very slow playing. Nothing else really looked that interesting.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: June 22, 2015, 08:03:03 AM

You Must Build a Boat
Darkest Dungeon
Nidhogg
GemCraft (Could play on Kongregate again but... 500 achievements!)
eden *
Sunless Sea
Apotheon
Invisible Inc
Prime World Defenders (surprisingly fun)
Wings of Vi
Gaokao.Love.100Days
If My Heart Had Wings
Blade Kitten
Brothers
FF XIII / FFXIII-2 (yeah yeah, I know)
Talos Principal
Grow Home
Hero generations
Titan Souls

Mix of some old ones that I've missed and some newer ones.  Not sure if I have the patience for Sunless Sea but it loos so interesting I'll give it a shot.

I finished up Banner Saga last sale and really enjoyed it.  I think the second one is out soon?  Looking forward to that for sure.  I keep looking at Shadow Warrior (as well as Rise of the Triad) but I just wonder if it can really stand to play that style game anymore.

I was going to buy Akiba Strip but I watched some playing of it on Twitch first and it looked pretty meh.  Seemed like it was just the same combat over and over and it seems like the battles took a really long time.  Maybe I didn't watch long enough.
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: June 22, 2015, 10:32:54 AM

wolfenstein the old blood
lords of the fallen
telltale's game of thrones
dark souls 2

@Druzil No date but banner saga 2 will happen in 2015.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
WayAbvPar

Reply #134 on: June 22, 2015, 11:46:55 AM

I didn't feel like I spent very much, but apparently I dumped ~$103.
XCOM DLC
NBA 2K15
Age of Wonders III and DLC
World of Magic
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
The Long Dark

I couldn't decide between The Long Dark and Stranded Deep, so I picked the one that was the deepest discount. Hopefully I made the right choice  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: June 22, 2015, 12:15:07 PM

I didn't buy anything; new girlfriend means I haven't had as much gaming time as usual plus the ever growing backlog, I suppose. Bought a few full price JRPGs recently for the PS4 and Vita which chewed up my gaming budget; oh well, there's always winter.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #136 on: June 22, 2015, 12:43:44 PM

Ooooo, new girlfriend!  Tell me!  Is she from South Jersey?  Is she orange?  ;p 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: June 22, 2015, 12:47:07 PM

She's from SJ, but lives in DE; we went to school together. She is not orange.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #138 on: June 24, 2015, 06:07:44 AM

No, no.  We need to know about the JRPGs.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #139 on: June 24, 2015, 07:27:57 AM

Jersey RPGs?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Gabe Newell back in your wallet - Summer Sale 2015  
Jump to: