Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:45:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2015  (Read 243931 times)
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1295 on: January 14, 2016, 10:06:32 AM

I really don't know how to feel about Coughlin possibly coming to Philly. m It must have been a much nastier scene at Giants HQ than the press has let on.

Or he is just old and doesn't want to move.

I have never played WoW.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1296 on: January 14, 2016, 10:23:03 AM

You can't just expect a man to pick a new deli at his age.  why so serious?

Also, I'm not entirely sure WHY Philly would want Coughlin. He's a good coach but I'm not sure he's the guy to unfuck the giant cluster that is their current roster. Maybe it's his ability to pick a decent O line.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1297 on: January 14, 2016, 10:30:15 AM

ESPN is reporting that has taken himself out of the running for that job because he wants a position that gives him a chance to win in the next 2-3 years (the amount of time he thinks he has left as a coach).  awesome, for real
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1298 on: January 14, 2016, 10:30:56 AM

Yeah, that definitely ain't Philly.  why so serious?

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1299 on: January 14, 2016, 10:41:27 AM

Speaking of the Eagles job, Chip Kelly hired as San Francisco's new coach. Here comes the return of Kaep. This should be glorious.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1300 on: January 14, 2016, 10:46:26 AM

Facepalm
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1301 on: January 14, 2016, 12:12:34 PM

Speaking of the Eagles job, Chip Kelly hired as San Francisco's new coach. Here comes the return of Kaep. This should be glorious.

I predict the first actual live broadcast of a professional athlete's decapitation next season. Kelly does not know how to build an O-line in the NFL.

I have never played WoW.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1302 on: January 14, 2016, 12:33:31 PM

God, the 49ers will be fucking terrible this year. Strangely enough, I think he might be the only guy that could get something even remotely worthwhile out of Kap as a QB. Hell, he made Sam Bradford halfway decent on the downs where he wasn't getting chased to his eventual near-death.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1303 on: January 14, 2016, 12:42:20 PM

God, the 49ers will be fucking terrible this year.

This year? Hard to get worse than this last year.

beer geek.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1304 on: January 14, 2016, 12:54:12 PM

Trent Baalke: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!  awesome, for real

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1305 on: January 14, 2016, 01:05:03 PM

Trent Baalke: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!  awesome, for real

My Niners friends are pretty much set to: "This is a win-win! If Kelly does great, Awesome! If he doesn't, Baalke is out!"

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-Kaepernick-merchandise-not-on-sale-6759373.php
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 01:43:42 PM by sickrubik »

beer geek.
DevilsAdvocate25
Terracotta Army

Reply #1306 on: January 14, 2016, 01:43:36 PM

How soon we forget 2004: 2-14.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1307 on: January 14, 2016, 01:44:20 PM

How soon we forget 2004: 2-14.

We? I don't give a shit about hte Niners. And I'm talking about current history. Trace back almost any team and you'll find a worse season.

beer geek.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1308 on: January 14, 2016, 01:57:08 PM

God, the 49ers will be fucking terrible this year. Strangely enough, I think he might be the only guy that could get something even remotely worthwhile out of Kap as a QB. Hell, he made Sam Bradford halfway decent on the downs where he wasn't getting chased to his eventual near-death.

They should have kept Jim. Coach of the year IMO. The fact that they won 5 games was a miracle with the personnel losses[I.E. all of them] and schedule they had[second hardest schedule of all teams] and actually beat their estimated wins for the season.

Goum isn't a Bengals fan. I think I'm the only guy unfortunate enough to have a little bit of fuck to give about them. (But at least it's not the Browns.  why so serious? )

I didn't say Goum was.

You did. Because otherwise your statement makes no sense. Not being a fan of the bengals i should not be able to see officiating problems against them as biased.

And maybe i just have some unfortunate experience with this but the Steelers seem to get these types of breaks all the time.

You do. Every fan of every team cries about how the officials are unfair squarely with their team and how all the other teams catch the breaks.

Big market teams catch breaks. Small market teams do not.

This isn't the NBA. The NFL doesn't give a fuck who makes the Super Bowl. They will sell boffo numbers to that thing if it's Carolina and Arizona.

Its not about the bowl tickets, its about television revenue and merchandise. People watch less football when their team is bad, and when that happens in big market areas the drop is considerably more than when it happens in small market areas.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1309 on: January 14, 2016, 02:21:52 PM

You did. Because otherwise your statement makes no sense. Not being a fan of the bengals i should not be able to see officiating problems against them as biased.

My comment was about fans of all teams all bitching about officiating. It wasn't tied to you being a Bengals fan. Sorry if it came across that way.

beer geek.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1310 on: January 15, 2016, 08:31:40 AM

Trent Baalke: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!  awesome, for real

My Niners friends are pretty much set to: "This is a win-win! If Kelly does great, Awesome! If he doesn't, Baalke is out!"

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-Kaepernick-merchandise-not-on-sale-6759373.php

I watched a commentator clip on NFL.com where the talking heads argued that the Chip Kelly system will be a disaster in the NFC West because defenses are much better int hat division. This rings true to me. 

I have never played WoW.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1311 on: January 19, 2016, 01:47:23 AM

Well, last year I remember that the Kelly train was running full steam ahead, and then Seattle went into Philly and just demolished them.  They gained 139 yards in a game that was not nearly as close as the score made it appear.  The next two lowest scoring games they played were against Arizona and San Fran.  They managed 38 against St Louis, but that was probably just the Rams being the Rams.

The problem about the NFC west defenses is that they are not better than your offense because of schemes, they are better because of personnel.  You could make a whole Pro Bowl defensive squad out of just three of those teams.  So the fast paced offense were you don't allow the defense time to substitute and figure out the scheme don't matter at all, because they can just keep playing the same scheme with the same people. 

So offhand, I'd say they're fucked.  In the short-term, it might appear successful while they adjust to him, just like in Philly, but still fucked.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1312 on: January 19, 2016, 09:08:25 AM

Philly probably lost because every defense in the NFC West can tackle in the open-field. Kelly's offense was predicated on fast plays that wear a defense down with lots of quick passes and runs after the catch. If you only throw the ball 5 yards but get tackled immediately by a defense that is flying, then you are fucked.

WayAbvPar

Reply #1313 on: January 19, 2016, 10:05:21 AM

When you can't recruit better athletes than your opponents with Phil Knight's money, you are suddenly not a genius any more. Shocking.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1314 on: January 19, 2016, 12:26:01 PM

https://twitter.com/nbcla/status/689535909289660416

JUST IN: The San Diego Chargers have applied to trademark "Los Angeles Chargers," "LA Chargers."

why so serious?

beer geek.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1315 on: January 20, 2016, 05:57:44 PM

Fuck it, get the Raiders in LA too now.  Why the hell not? 
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1316 on: January 21, 2016, 08:21:45 AM

Fuck it, get the Raiders in LA too now.  Why the hell not?  

Not going to happen at this point. San Antonio looks like the most likely spot now.

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/690294145609379841

Wade Phillips: "I got the big hit award last week, but I heard Bryant's not going to play until next August. I hope he's OK (laughs)."

why so serious?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 02:11:27 PM by sickrubik »

beer geek.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1317 on: February 02, 2016, 12:57:34 PM

Apparently the Browns have announced that they're cutting Jonny Manziel, in five weeks time  why so serious?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
WayAbvPar

Reply #1318 on: February 02, 2016, 01:00:49 PM

Hell, he could be dead by then and save them the trouble. Probably what they are banking on.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1319 on: February 02, 2016, 01:18:30 PM

Well, we do have, in that time: SuperBowl parties and Mardi Gras.

Vegas got odds on this yet?  why so serious?

Edit: Apparently, they can't cut him before then.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/02/browns-cant-cut-johnny-manziel-before-march-9/

beer geek.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1320 on: February 02, 2016, 01:22:51 PM

I figure most teams wouldn't make a point of announcing it so publicly. I guess nobody was quite desperate enough to trade for him, content to roll the dice on the McCown's, Weedens, and Mallets of the world.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1321 on: February 02, 2016, 01:32:59 PM

Why trade for him when you know the Browns are going to cut him?

beer geek.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1322 on: February 02, 2016, 01:43:21 PM

The Browns released a statement Tuesday about quarterback Johnny Manziel that signaled their intent to move on from Manziel because of his “continual involvement in incidents that run counter” to the team’s expectations of their players.

Incidents that run counter to the team's expectations of their players.

Apparently, they are only supposed to be useless wastes of space ON the football field.  why so serious?

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #1323 on: February 02, 2016, 01:56:08 PM

Which is doubly funny, because from what I've seen of the Browns, Manziel looks like the only one of the field who plays like he gives a shit.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1324 on: February 02, 2016, 02:37:33 PM

Which is doubly funny, because from what I've seen of the Browns, Manziel looks like the only one of the field who plays like he gives a shit.

Exactly. Which is pretty striking and possibly an explanation. I mean when you look around a shitty team and you are the only one actually trying? Yeah, I'd want out too and bonus if I could make the team look a fool as well.

I am hopeful, as a true Clevelander is, that this new structure to the team works out and they are competitive again. But that is probably a fool's hope.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1325 on: February 02, 2016, 04:08:47 PM

I'm hopeful Hue will give the Bengals a first rounder for AJ McCarron.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1326 on: February 02, 2016, 05:03:32 PM

I'm hopeful Hue will give the Bengals a first rounder for AJ McCarron.

Highly doubt that. The Harvard numbers guys will not let that happen and will have spreadsheets to prove it.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1327 on: February 05, 2016, 03:19:29 PM

Manziel's agent has dropped him, which happens roughly once every never. How bad is this kid?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1328 on: February 05, 2016, 07:54:13 PM

Beat on his girlfriend while claiming he would kill her and himself?

He's that bad. Also this shouldn't surprise anyone - a sports agent drops his client right about the time said client fucks up so badly, his future earning potential just went negative. I'm not even sure the Cowboys would sign him now - he's not good enough to be in the Greg Hardy club.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1329 on: February 05, 2016, 08:08:12 PM

At least his hijinks and eventual self destruction didn't ruin the chances of an NFL team  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2015  
Jump to: