Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:55:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2015  (Read 243953 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1260 on: January 11, 2016, 04:15:50 PM

It was out of control WAY before the Gio Bernard hit. It probably started when the Steelers coach grabbed dude's hair on the sidelines in the first/second quarter. The refs just didn't do anything to control it other than tossing flags and they probably should have started tossing people after about the 3rd or fourth pushing and shoving match.

The NFL needs red cards.

Yeah, according to 2nd hand accounts, it started even before that hit. The Steelers team and Coaches were taunting fans all game. The dance in the endzone by the Steeler's player when Bernard was down REALLLLLLLY fanned the flames, which is why Rothlisberger got the beer chucked at him when going out on the stretcher.

Which really should be getting more attention, but hey, the Bengals two thugs really turned it into a story about them instead of the Steeler's classlessness. (Not that the Steelers are ever called on it due to market size)

Lots of things evidently weren't shown on TV, but it was a classless display all around. The day set an arrest record in Cincinnati. My office can be seen from the stadium - we're the "FRCH" building if you ever look for it in Overhead shots, next to the Enquirer. The place was left in a bigger disarray than even after a normal game. Frozen beer all over the place, lots of tailgate remains and overturned garbage cans were everywhere. I'm surprised the port-o-lets weren't overturned too.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
WayAbvPar

Reply #1261 on: January 11, 2016, 06:43:23 PM

Yeah, tap a QB or a receiver in the act of making a catch and its 15yds.

The Porter thing would have been somewhat bearable IF he was not immediately engaging the Bengals. Taking care of your players is one thing, but looking at the pictures, he was full on confronting the Bengals, with not even a glance at Brown.

The real fun begins when Brown turns around and plays this weekend and avoids the concussion protocol completely.

Never forget that Joey Porter is a giant piece of shitty garbage. This is how he treats Bengals off the field.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1262 on: January 11, 2016, 07:29:33 PM

This is getting some circulation now:
http://sportsworld.nbcsports.com/bengals-steelers-referees-vontaze-burfict-antonio-brown-joey-porter/

It's a terrible article from what I can tell. "You can't ref football. I'm not complaining about reffing, really! But you can't ref it. Also, the refs decide who wins."

Wat? Does this even make sense to those of you far more invested in the NFL than I am? Seems like this guy's just a lousy writer but maybe I'm missing something.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1263 on: January 11, 2016, 07:35:19 PM

Refs miss calls all the time.  That doesn't change the fact that you are fucking stupid for giving them something not to miss at the end of the game like the Bengals did.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1264 on: January 12, 2016, 02:44:55 AM

Right. Which was why I thought the article was little more than clickbait.  Looks like I was right then.

Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1265 on: January 12, 2016, 03:19:07 AM

I really don't get all the outrage.
The Steelers coach that 'pulled hair' got flagged on that play for 15 yards.
The no-call on the Bernard hit was most likely incorrect but those calls get missed all the time. It sucks and the Steelers have been and will be on the other end of that stick soon enough.
The Steelers coach 'mixing it up' during the Brown injury had a ref around all the time. The Bengals had their assistants on the field as well. I have no doubt that Porter was stirring shit, but if you can't keep your cool in such a situation as a player, well you see what you get.

And wth is so unusual about a sideline ruffling feathers with the home town fans in a divisional grudge matchup?

And for the lolz:
Hill taunts Steelers shortly before fumbling the game away.

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1266 on: January 12, 2016, 09:09:22 AM

You know, I'm perfectly fine with saying all sides of that Bengals/Steelers game were being utter shit heads, from the players to the coaches to the fans in the stadium of either stripe. Can we just shitcan all of them and never have to speak of them again?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fuck the Steelers AND the Bengals.

EDIT: Just read the link Merusk posted. Jesus Christ, people paid that pile of pudding to write that shit?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 09:16:09 AM by HaemishM »

WayAbvPar

Reply #1267 on: January 12, 2016, 10:05:42 AM

Pacman Jones is now saying that Antonio Brown was faking his injury, and that he should win a 'Grammy' for his performance. He is a real genius. I was rooting for the Bengals, but I am just as happy to have that shithead and Burfict cooling their heels on the golf course.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1268 on: January 12, 2016, 10:23:41 AM

Pacman Jones is now saying that Antonio Brown was faking his injury, and that he should win a 'Grammy' for his performance. He is a real genius. I was rooting for the Bengals, but I am just as happy to have that shithead and Burfict cooling their heels on the golf course.

He's been saying that since seconds after the game ended. He posted a riduculous thing on some social media account and then quickly deleted it shortly after the game.

beer geek.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1269 on: January 12, 2016, 10:28:49 AM

How does this guy still have a job?
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1270 on: January 12, 2016, 10:32:13 AM

He's actually been fairly.... calm since he came back.

beer geek.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1271 on: January 12, 2016, 10:39:34 AM

He's good at his position. Good enough to be worth the headache? Lewis obviously seems to say yes. Besides, talking shit? That's pretty mundane given this lord of the flies acts towards Cooper earlier this season.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1272 on: January 12, 2016, 10:57:03 AM

You know, I'm perfectly fine with saying all sides of that Bengals/Steelers game were being utter shit heads, from the players to the coaches to the fans in the stadium of either stripe. Can we just shitcan all of them and never have to speak of them again?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fuck the Steelers AND the Bengals.

EDIT: Just read the link Merusk posted. Jesus Christ, people paid that pile of pudding to write that shit?

Sounds like a plan. I was all for Mike Brown taking the team away when he was having fits for a new stadium in 1996 and my opinion hasn't changed. If we lose the Steelers it's icing.

Not just people: NBC sports   why so serious?

Lewis can't control shit and Brown only cares about how much he made this season. Unless the NFL smacks Brown for his team's actions (like they did when he was making more than playoff Owners by a large factor because he wasn't spending on the team) expect little to change.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 01:00:17 PM by Merusk »

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1273 on: January 12, 2016, 11:28:28 AM

Yeah, Marvin Lewis clearly cannot control diddly-shit about the way his players act on the field. And Yes, Paul Brown is and always has been a cheap piece of shit owner. I expect the Ginger Hammer to also do diddly-shit about the stupidity that went on in that game.

I want the Steelers eliminated for 1) the Rapist at QB and 2) so their shitty fans and dirty players/coaches can not be in the games. I think the rest of the teams are less likely to act like total fuckfaces.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1274 on: January 12, 2016, 12:37:52 PM

Refs miss calls all the time.  That doesn't change the fact that you are fucking stupid for giving them something not to miss at the end of the game like the Bengals did.

There were three or four calls in this game which were "missable" and every "missed call" favored the steelers. I mean sure the Bengals fucked things up, but they didn't fuck things up any worse than the steelers and well the steelers didn't get punished and they did. And maybe i just have some unfortunate experience with this but the Steelers seem to get these types of breaks all the time. \

The no-call on the Bernard hit was most likely incorrect but those calls get missed all the time. It sucks and the Steelers have been and will be on the other end of that stick soon enough

The issue was that they called a less egregious hit a foul earlier in the game under the exact same circumstances for the receiver in terms of turning up the field and moving his feet. Except that the steelers receiver lowered his helmet, and the bengals corner hit shoulder to shoulder, with the exception of the fact that the receiver lowered his head partially into the shoulder of the defender. Flag on the Bengals, extend the drive, steelers score.

Its not like the hit was miss-able. When the first one was flagged i said "well ok, i can see how you might mistake that for a bad hit, but on review that is definitely a penalty". When the second came down i called it a penalty instantly. It was obvious. It should not have been missed. You cannot call the first hit a penalty and the second hit not in any situation.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1275 on: January 12, 2016, 12:59:59 PM

And maybe i just have some unfortunate experience with this but the Steelers seem to get these types of breaks all the time.

You do. Every fan of every team cries about how the officials are unfair squarely with their team and how all the other teams catch the breaks.

beer geek.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1276 on: January 12, 2016, 01:02:08 PM

Goum isn't a Bengals fan. I think I'm the only guy unfortunate enough to have a little bit of fuck to give about them. (But at least it's not the Browns.  why so serious? )

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1277 on: January 12, 2016, 01:14:36 PM

And maybe i just have some unfortunate experience with this but the Steelers seem to get these types of breaks all the time.

You do. Every fan of every team cries about how the officials are unfair squarely with their team and how all the other teams catch the breaks.

Big market teams catch breaks. Small market teams do not.
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1278 on: January 12, 2016, 01:21:02 PM

LoLCowboys

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #1279 on: January 12, 2016, 01:24:34 PM

I love how its always the refs that are clueless and everyone else knows better.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1280 on: January 12, 2016, 01:26:21 PM

Goum isn't a Bengals fan. I think I'm the only guy unfortunate enough to have a little bit of fuck to give about them. (But at least it's not the Browns.  why so serious? )

I didn't say Goum was.

beer geek.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1281 on: January 12, 2016, 01:27:22 PM

To be fair, the refs being really terrible at their job is the theme of this year's NFL Prom Dance.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #1282 on: January 12, 2016, 01:28:20 PM

To be fair, the refs being really terrible at their job is the theme of this year's NFL Prom Dance.

That's like, every year dude.  why so serious?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1283 on: January 12, 2016, 01:29:24 PM

Yes, but they have been terrible at their job equally.

why so serious?

beer geek.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1284 on: January 12, 2016, 01:30:23 PM

Or better yet, don't chalk up to prejudice what is most likely just a stunningly inconsistent tendency towards utter incompetence.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1285 on: January 12, 2016, 02:06:53 PM

Or better yet, don't chalk up to prejudice what is most likely just a stunningly inconsistent tendency towards utter incompetence.

Indeed.

beer geek.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1286 on: January 12, 2016, 05:33:03 PM

So, sounds like the Rams portion of the move is done. The last piece is if Charges join them now, or later. Raiders bowed out.

Edit: This works already, somewhat: http://www.nfl.com/teams/losangelesrams/roster?team=RAM#

https://twitter.com/LATimesfarmer/status/687086011822641153

Spanos' statement on the matter: https://twitter.com/BenHigginsSD/status/687093713227497473/photo/1
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 06:12:18 PM by sickrubik »

beer geek.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1287 on: January 12, 2016, 06:59:23 PM

So a market that couldn't support 1 team now has at least 1 team with the possibility of another team sharing a stadium with that team? And the taxpayers get to foot a lot of the bill for billionaire owners who have shown no hesitation in fucking off when that money is no longer enough?

Yeah, this should work out well.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1288 on: January 12, 2016, 07:37:16 PM

LA is the La Brea Tar Pits of pro football.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1289 on: January 12, 2016, 07:42:06 PM

The whole NFL in LA thing is a lot more complicated than just "can't support".

Hue Jackson to the Browns.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 10:30:35 AM by sickrubik »

beer geek.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1290 on: January 13, 2016, 11:20:19 AM

This isn't the NBA. The NFL doesn't give a fuck who makes the Super Bowl. They will sell boffo numbers to that thing if it's Carolina and Arizona.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1291 on: January 13, 2016, 11:26:22 AM

That also apparently means Manziel is definitely, for sure done in Cleveland. Whether that means trade or release probably depends on if JERRAH! is willing to trade picks for a washed up drunk first round bust.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1292 on: January 13, 2016, 12:07:16 PM

That also apparently means Manziel is definitely, for sure done in Cleveland. Whether that means trade or release probably depends on if JERRAH! is willing to trade picks for a washed up drunk first round bust.

One half is in place... now get a great talent evaluator and I'll watch them next year.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1293 on: January 13, 2016, 12:39:59 PM

He'd toss them a 6th rounder.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
WayAbvPar

Reply #1294 on: January 13, 2016, 01:56:23 PM

I hope Hue has success in Cleveland. Offensive coaches make games for interesting for the casual observers.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2015  
Jump to: