Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:16:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Steam Holiday 2014 - Ho, Ho, Ho, Christmas is cancelled! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steam Holiday 2014 - Ho, Ho, Ho, Christmas is cancelled!  (Read 99325 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #35 on: December 18, 2014, 08:13:59 AM

I'd like to see at least 66% off Rocksmith for more DLC (RatM, Bon Jovi and Hendrix).
GTA V pre-order, would be nice to get 10% or summat.
Spintires
Risen 3
Wreckfest
Blaggards
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #36 on: December 18, 2014, 08:22:27 AM

No.

All games YOU buy are in Alpha stage. Some of us can wait for it and avoid most of the heartache you seem to go through, Falc.

Yes, well I was thinking of stuff I'd never get like Watchdogs, or Assassin's Creed, or Destiny. As I said, when it's not openly "Early Access/Alpha" is just a mutilated version sold to people a bit at a time, and to get the actual final version you need to wait about a year for a "remastered" version.

I don't doubt you only pick the few games that come out these days that are quite perfectly playable and enjoyable on day 1, but I think the problem is endemic to the industry and its financial circumstances right now and goes well beyond my personal and questionable taste in games, or my proverbial issues with patience.

schild
Administrator

Reply #37 on: December 18, 2014, 10:01:31 AM

Qvadriga is wat
schild
Administrator

Reply #38 on: December 18, 2014, 12:18:02 PM

I'm glad the sale this year isn't a bunch of bullshit. It's just a sale.

Too bad there's like nothing I want.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 18, 2014, 12:28:37 PM

Qvadriga is Ben-Hur simulator.

schild
Administrator

Reply #40 on: December 18, 2014, 12:45:52 PM

I know. It was more a case of "holy shit, this got made?"
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #41 on: December 18, 2014, 12:46:04 PM

...aaaand Rocksmith 2014 goes on sale, but the DLC doesn't.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Edit: ok, some of the older stuff is on sale, but again BE WARNED the packs are 25% off and the individual tracks are 50% off, so skip the packs. This is the second sale they did this, cheaper to snag individual tracks.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 12:49:37 PM by Sky »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: December 18, 2014, 12:48:50 PM

I know. It was more a case of "holy shit, this got made?"

Best Racing Game of 2014.

Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: December 18, 2014, 12:50:44 PM

Judging by the first day of this sale, maybe christmas really is cancelled.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: December 18, 2014, 12:51:07 PM

Our Darker Purpose 75% off is a great deal.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: December 18, 2014, 01:12:47 PM

I've never heard of it but it looks like Rogue Legacy meets Link to the Past. Is that accurate?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: December 18, 2014, 02:25:47 PM

So, Steam Xmas sale starts today; what are your main objectives?

For me:
  • Shadows of Mordor
  • Assassin's Creed 4
  • MGS: Ground Zeroes
  • Maybe some Final Fantasy
  • X Rebirth if it goes real cheap (unlikely)
  • Civilization: Beyond Earth
  • Endless Legend (on the daily sale the day before the christmas sale, seriously?)

So far, not seeing much that grabs me.  The prices are juuuuust high enough that I'm not really tempted.  Also not sure what the point of the "from your wishlist" section on the front page is.  I can click on my wishlist if I was curious, half the stuff that's listed in that box isn't even on sale.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: December 18, 2014, 02:58:07 PM

My wishlist for this sale:
South Park (should finally go cheap enough)
Shadows of Mordor (doubt this will fall low enough yet but a man can dream)
Divinity: Original Sin
Wasteland 2
Legend of Heroes: Trials in the Sky

I'll probably buy some random weeaboo crap if any of it goes on sale too, because I'm weak. Shouldn't be too expensive for me this year though, as I've got a huge backlog Hex addiction which will stop me from buying a whole lot.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #48 on: December 18, 2014, 04:21:51 PM

I'm not even home yet. Try not to ruin the sale before it even gets started you holiday hating motherfuckers.  why so serious?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #49 on: December 18, 2014, 04:34:56 PM

I'm sure there's some garbage sim with shit AI that you've been waiting for.  Fret not, monkey.

-Rasix
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #50 on: December 18, 2014, 05:01:55 PM

Check your wishlists too.

There's a ton of stuff on sale 75%-80% that isn't on the front page.

From my wishlist: Deadlight is 80% off.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #51 on: December 18, 2014, 05:27:22 PM

I'm sure there's some garbage sim with shit AI that you've been waiting for.  Fret not, monkey.

I'm not quite sure I like your tone, talking skull.

Was this a Total War shot? I'm thinking it was a Total War shot. Or maybe mount and blade.

I like some terrible things, be specific!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: December 18, 2014, 05:34:17 PM

Check your wishlists too.

There's a ton of stuff on sale 75%-80% that isn't on the front page.

From my wishlist: Deadlight is 80% off.

Yes, that's exactly it. And pretty much the only reason I keep a wishlist. To be able to tell at a glance the discount on the things I care when the big sale comes.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: December 18, 2014, 07:09:40 PM

Welp, Rome Total War 2 is 75% off, which is what I've been waiting for and I still can't pull the trigger.  I got to play it for a free weekend a while back and even this low price isn't enticing to me.  It was kind of shit.

I'm looking at Wasteland 2 and Assassin's Creed:  Black Flag. 
Rasix

Reply #54 on: December 18, 2014, 09:47:19 PM

I'm sure there's some garbage sim with shit AI that you've been waiting for.  Fret not, monkey.

I'm not quite sure I like your tone, talking skull.

Was this a Total War shot? I'm thinking it was a Total War shot. Or maybe mount and blade.

I like some terrible things, be specific!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Total War

Do either of the State of Decay DLC improve the game in a noticeable way?  

If you get Wasteland 2, get it cheap.  It's interesting at first, but, honestly, it's kind of shitty.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 09:48:53 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: December 18, 2014, 10:08:03 PM

How shitty is shitty? I have a coworker who liked it a lot, but he only played the bit that was available way back in Early Access and we had planned to play through it simultaneously.

Rasix

Reply #56 on: December 18, 2014, 11:14:44 PM

Moderately shitty?  Dunno. It's buggy, ugly, the combat is really simple, it's got balance issues (SO MANY.  God, the power spikes), bad pathing, and the writing/plot is pretty bad.   If you're really jonesing for retro turn based squad shit, it'll do.  I may eventually finish it (I stopped at California), but I kind of had to hold my nose to get through Arizona.  Game just kind of felt like a massive nostalgia filled cash grab with rank amateurism peppering everything.  Given a competent dev studio that actually tried something with the AI/combat, it could be a damn masterpiece.  As is, it makes me really skeptical about anything coming out of Fargo's studio.

If you got it for 10-15, it'd be worth it.  For all of my kvetching about Divinity: OS, it was a much better experience, and you'll get a lot more enjoyment out of the combat.  

-Rasix
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #57 on: December 18, 2014, 11:33:05 PM

It's trash. I uninstalled it and replayed FNV, Fallout 2 and finished both without getting bored.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: December 19, 2014, 12:46:55 AM

Welp, Rome Total War 2 is 75% off, which is what I've been waiting for and I still can't pull the trigger.  I got to play it for a free weekend a while back and even this low price isn't enticing to me.  It was kind of shit.

It's vastly improved now and is well worth getting IMHO.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: December 19, 2014, 02:48:34 AM

Got so far:

- This War of Mine
- Our Darker Purpose
- Sunless Sea
- Darkwood
- The Moon Sliver
- The Old City: Leviathan
- Ether One
- Dream

I like walking simulators.

EDIT: Not Steam, but the games are activated on Steam, I also got the newest weekly because it has a couple of things I wanted, so I got them cheaper here. Forest of Doom and Consortium are the highlights here.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 02:53:36 AM by Falconeer »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: December 19, 2014, 03:52:50 AM

I've never heard of it but it looks like Rogue Legacy meets Link to the Past. Is that accurate?

Our Darker Purpose? Not sure about the ones you mention, not too familiar with them. It's more like an extended, deeper, richer but slower and less frantic Binding of Isaac.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: December 19, 2014, 06:25:22 AM

Yea that's what I'm asking about; I haven't played Binding of Isaac...

Edit: Wait, you've never played Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past? ACK!

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: December 19, 2014, 06:44:28 AM

Heh, no. Never had a Super Nintendo. In fact, I never had a Nintendo system outside of the first Gameboy, which I sold a month later. In the 90s it was all Sega Megadrive (Genesis) and still lots of Commodore Amiga stuff, then PC, Playstation, Dreamcast. Never owned a Nintendo console, they just never seemed to have the kind of games I wanted to play (barring some exceptions of course, but funds where seriously limited back then). I considered emulating some old Zelda games a few years ago, in fact I played a bit of Ocarina of Time that way, but couldn't find enough motivation to take the task seriously.

Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: December 19, 2014, 07:40:12 AM

Giving Endless Space a shot.  Didn't know about it until now. Looks very MOO2-like.

For $37 I could pick up both Rocksmiths and the import tool.  I've got the cable but I only have access to a really shitty guitar.  And being a lefty it's hard to beg/borrow/steal. Decisions, decisions.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 07:44:57 AM by Special J »
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: December 19, 2014, 07:55:39 AM

Giving Endless Space a shot.  Didn't know about it until now. Looks very MOO2-like.
It's okay, but I think Distant Worlds is a better successor.  My main complaint is the tech tree, which they seemed to agree with in how they made Endless Legends.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #65 on: December 19, 2014, 08:21:08 AM

Seriously considered grabbing Rocksmith 2014 on sale, since I'll be visiting my parents next week and could retrieve my crappy old guitar. Then I discovered that the cable would end up costing nearly double what they are selling the game for. Plus I'd rather get it for the console.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #66 on: December 19, 2014, 08:26:13 AM

Heh, no. Never had a Super Nintendo.

omg
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #67 on: December 19, 2014, 09:41:27 AM

It's vastly improved now

Agree!

and is well worth getting IMHO.

Disagree! $10 would be my ceiling for the amount of stuff they cut out of the game. But YMMV.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #68 on: December 19, 2014, 10:41:02 AM

Do either of the State of Decay DLC improve the game in a noticeable way?

The Breakdown one basically takes the same campaign area and ramps it up to be more sandboxy - it's open-ended with no definite story to end. The Lifeline DLC has you play as the military in Pittsburgh right after the shit goes down. It is a LOT harder than the main campaign. I played through the main campaign, loved it and started Lifeline. I got dickstomped about 4-5 hours into Lifeline and haven't gone back. It wasn't bad, but I may have just been done with the game by that point. My buddy who has put like over 100 hours into GTA IV loves the Breakdown DLC.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: December 19, 2014, 11:43:46 AM

Dark Souls 2 is at $15. Bought a copy, contemplating giving it to my son or keeping it for myself.

Bought Space Engineers at 10 bucks, couldn't resist the lure of legos in space.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Steam Holiday 2014 - Ho, Ho, Ho, Christmas is cancelled!  
Jump to: