Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:41:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: CSM X - Duty calls me to serve 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CSM X - Duty calls me to serve  (Read 55755 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: December 09, 2014, 09:46:10 AM

I think CCP vaguely had a notion that having an outpost in every system in null would be a good thing and made them like they are, but didn't really think it through tbh.

Hic sunt dracones.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: December 17, 2014, 07:03:43 AM

Couldn't it "magically" move a random selection of your crap to Jita or somesuch when the outpost goes poof? Or is that too carebear?

Its too carebear, if people care enough about their assets, they should have a look at the update notes occasionally and as soon as any mention of destructible outposts comes about, should get them the hell out of dodge. That's assuming they are in the outpost already and other outposts aren't controlled by some entity that won't let them in or out. Probably should have evacuated their assets as soon as they unsubscribed if they plan on returning.

On isk sinks, any mmo that generates currency artificially should have a hefty load of isk sinks imo. Certainly helps with inflation, if eve had currency that could be actively destroyed it would be better but isk atm is mainly merely transferred, there is nothing to ensure it can disappear because of bounties/tier overseer effects which does nothing to mitigate this. Currency cannot be created too.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: December 17, 2014, 06:07:20 PM

There are a bunch of fees and taxes built into the industry part of the game as well as alliance rents and wardec fees, and the LP stores make you pay 10-60 million ISK (in addition to LP points) for ships, implants, etc.   It does feel like the ISK pool is increasing, though, or it could just be fewer players -> more ISK in the hands of fewer people.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: January 22, 2015, 09:06:11 AM

I've been endorsed by PL so the campaign is going well!

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: February 19, 2015, 02:56:14 PM

If anyone wants to hear me talking ad nauseam about why to vote for me - and I admit that I could sell that better - here is my cap stable podcast interview: http://capstable.net/2015/02/08/endie-von-posts/

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: February 19, 2015, 07:45:49 PM

Is ok, I'll vote for you without listening, but they're using that Single Transferable Vote, so which candidates are your recommendations for the secondary choices?

CSM 10 will likely have to deal with the upcoming 0.0 revamp (if any), right?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 07:47:52 PM by ajax34i »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: February 20, 2015, 03:59:28 AM

Psersonally, I am keen to see Sion (the other official Goonfleet candidate) elected, but the two other Goons, Suzy Mudstone and some other no-name, are worse than joke candidates and would be wasted votes.

Manfred Sideous of PL is another very strong candidate who I like a lot on both personal and space-professional grounds, despite his unending attempts to kill Goonswarm: he would headshot us in a second if he saw another opening.  He knows his stuff, however, like few others in the game.

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: March 02, 2015, 02:09:56 PM

Remember: vote me!

Twitter - Endieposts

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: March 03, 2015, 09:38:25 AM

Link?

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: March 03, 2015, 02:45:18 PM

Twitter - Endieposts

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: March 03, 2015, 03:54:00 PM

I'm not eligible to vote, but I'd totally have voted for you, Endie.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: March 03, 2015, 05:45:32 PM

I did.

As my second preference  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: March 04, 2015, 02:56:41 AM

Voted Endie and Sion and some other random pubbie I thought I recognized.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: March 05, 2015, 01:15:37 AM

I haven't logged in for a bit or been in Bat for well over a year but... 5 votes 4 Endie :)

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: March 05, 2015, 07:52:33 PM

Also voted for Endie, Sion, Manfred, and a couple others that seemed about 0.0 and not total idiots (though, shrug, can't always tell from their CSM-forum posts).  Good luck. 

Hoping CSM 10 ends up being a team of solid null-sec-experienced representatives, because it certainly looks like the year's going to be all about that.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: March 06, 2015, 01:17:09 PM

Many thanks to those who have voted for me: I really do appreciate the support.

In unrelated news I am in a 13 man Bat Country fleet right now and we just fought 40+ Russians in Venal, most in ishtars, and killed all their tackle by kiting them off gates.  Marine Rosger is a really skilled FC that I was delighted to pick up a while back, while we also have Halosponge back who people like COmstr will remember has amazing spacial awareness for kiting huge numbers of hostiles.

If you're worried that you need to be elite, don't: we had faction ships and hacs and recons but we also had three people in caracals, our logis were T1 and we didn't lose a single ship.

Twitter - Endieposts

Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: March 19, 2015, 03:42:13 PM

Well done!
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: March 20, 2015, 04:52:32 AM

From what I saw, he didn't get enough votes to become a Permanent Member, so CCP dosn't have to actually invite Endie to Iceland, but can choose not too?

Anyways, congratulations.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: March 20, 2015, 03:16:59 PM

Grats on winning a seat.  Only 2 "permanent" spots I think, so it's pretty hard to win the "go to Iceland" position I guess.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: March 21, 2015, 11:32:22 AM

Grats Endie, very deserved.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: March 21, 2015, 11:58:59 AM

Speech, speech  awesome, for real

Well done dude.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: March 24, 2015, 02:50:13 AM

Huge thanks to those of you who voted for me: it's much appreciated.

And yes, I deliberately asked to be placed second on the CFC ballot in order to avoid any chance of being a permanent member and having to go to iceland more often than absolutely necessary, although that became less of an issue after the removal of the fanfest offer.  I want to help make Eve better: I don't hugely want to spend any more time on the Atlantic real-life rock of fire and ice than I can help.

Twitter - Endieposts

Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: August 04, 2015, 07:52:05 PM

Gorba got sacked from the CSM, for only attending once or twice.

UaxDeath replaces him/her.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: CSM X - Duty calls me to serve  
Jump to: