Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:04:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Arche Age - Some Korean Dev - PC Master Race 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arche Age - Some Korean Dev - PC Master Race  (Read 8910 times)
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

on: September 23, 2014, 11:18:48 AM

I really don't understand the appeal of this shit. But I'll try to be brief.
First we find outselves in the cell for character creation...

Oh wait wrong game...
Ahem...
cinematics please.

Cool shit happens with no context. But who cares.
Then the char creation comes up.
Do you want to be humans...

Who recover quickly after being raised from resurrection? And construct buildings quicker than any other races?
Or will you take the elves...

Who are masters of swimming and can hold their breath for 20 seconds longer underwater. cheesy
But nothing can ever prepare you for the awesomeness of the Cat Race.

They climb trees/ladder 10% quicker and take 20% less fall damage. Because...they're cats.
So we have human, elves, and furfags...BUT WAIT. DONT YOU WANT TO BE ASIAN!?

30% Portal Mastery means they cast recall 30% quicker and 30% recharge quicker.
Also they have 10% Bonus to farming. cheesy At least they're not wearing coolie hats, amirite?
I picked sorcery cause it's cool man..

And then off to another slideshow trying to set the tone.

Replace Harani with Chinks from now on.

cheesy OK I'm completely immersed in the Ching Chang Chong. I'm ready.
Show me the world of Harani where I will fight on my own terms and retreat when the odds look grim and return to stri-

What. The. Fuck.

Transmission stops here.
I believe pictures are worth 1000 wtfs.

HMMM

:KILL IT WITH FIRE:
[/SIZE]
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 06:36:42 PM by rk47 »

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 11:21:26 AM

Nooooo! Don't stop now!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 12:37:45 PM

Nooooo! Don't stop now!

Yes, please keep going.

Do it for the children!!!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 01:34:16 PM

I thought this was a Radicalthon, but it's in the BIIF category. So... you didn't tell us if it's fun!

EDIT: I see, Schild moved it.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 04:30:18 PM

It was probably one the worst starting experience ever in MMORPG for me.
Literally seconds after introduction, the disgust sets in. There's just nothing to defend: it's a Korean MMO that just tosses you into a starting world with the other hundreds of refugees all at once and thinks it's perfectly fine for new player experience. It ruined the atmosphere and just felt lazy. The only game that made me feel this way is probably Lineage 2 that I played 10 years earlier.

And the quest givers are unvoiced, their mouths do not move while speaking and after a while I can see why the option not to read what they say is there; there is simply nothing worthwhile to read.
My only surprise is seeing 10,000 people queueing for it on day 1 and thinking it's worth the effort. I'd rather queue for an iPhone and sell it off for profit.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 05:02:07 PM

Yes there is nothing to defend in the starting experience, I agree. The first few levels are just terrible, and almost drove me away back in beta. This game is all about crafting and player interaction though, and that's something that takes a lot to emerge.

WayAbvPar

Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 05:04:49 PM

Fortunately the first few levels last all of an hour or two. Leveling is ridiculously fast. The game is not about the PvE experience AT ALL, so definitely avoid it if that is your idea of fun.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 05:54:30 PM

I thought this game was about trying to log in and then telling your friends you got in, and then logging out because it took 19 hours and you have to do work.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 06:03:11 PM

I thought this game was about trying to log in and then telling your friends you got in, and then logging out because it took 19 hours and you have to do work.

You mean trying not to get kicked out cause you needed that goddamn labor points man.
Use teamviewer guys.  awesome, for real
That level of obsession is just insane.
PLAY MOAR OR LOSE OUT.
And they wondered why the 'early day high queue' problems never go away and had to resort to kicking AFK-ers for WANTING TO STAY IN THEIR GAME.

why so serious?

Devs, you created your own problems and blame human nature for degenerate gameplay.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Arche Age - Some Korean Dev - PC Master Race  
Jump to: