Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:49:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Ant-man 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ant-man  (Read 45551 times)
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #175 on: July 21, 2015, 03:29:11 PM

It could fit into where they seem to be going with Daredevil fairly easily.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: July 21, 2015, 03:37:07 PM

It could fit into where they seem to be going with Daredevil fairly easily.

--Dave

That would be a tough fit.  Let alone that Mandarin would destroy Daredevil.  Daredevil has enough villains where that would just be putting Mandarin in to have him there.  We still have villains like Typhoid Mary that I would love to see on the show.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: July 21, 2015, 07:43:31 PM

Oh, for pete's sake, the "Microverse" is not a licensed property, only the Micronauts are. It's like the "Dire Wraiths" which had fuckall to do with the toy Rom and therefore are Marvel originals for them to do with as they please.

Fuck, it's not even like the company that made the Micronauts (the coolest toys ever) is anything but a corporate ghost anyway. Even if whatever lawyers think they hold the paper belonging to Mego thought that "Microverse" belonged to them, just call it (as they did) "quantum realm", and problem solved for good. Shrinking heroes for both DC and Marvel have been bouncing around on atoms since the 1950s and before.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: July 21, 2015, 07:55:58 PM

JJ Abrams was trying to make a Micronauts movie like a couple of years ago.  So the IP and shit is still locked up somewhere.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: July 22, 2015, 12:28:03 AM

What the fuck is a micronaut?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: July 22, 2015, 12:32:54 AM

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #181 on: July 22, 2015, 01:38:41 AM

Fuck, it's not even like the company that made the Micronauts (the coolest toys ever) is anything but a corporate ghost anyway

Whoever holds the licensing rights is around to some extent because IDW just licensed the right to do Micronauts and Rom comics.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: July 22, 2015, 04:36:29 AM

The toys have been remade under license too. Just not sure who is actually holding Mego's rights now. But in any event, Marvel doesn't have to do any licensing at all to have a "quantum realm" matter in the MCU. Heck, it had people going into the "Microverse" before Micronauts--the Hulk very famously fell in love and got married to a green Microverse queen who ruled a fantasy-medieval microworld, and the Fantastic Four had a bad guy who came from a microscopic realm.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: July 22, 2015, 05:35:36 AM

Fuck, it's not even like the company that made the Micronauts (the coolest toys ever) is anything but a corporate ghost anyway

Whoever holds the licensing rights is around to some extent because IDW just licensed the right to do Micronauts and Rom comics.

Love the Micronauts!  Collected the comics and had the Baron Kharza action figure as a kid.  Its limbs were attached by magnetic ball sockets so you could pull them off.  Really wanted an Acroyer figure, he was my favorite.  The artwork in that series was amazing.

AHEM.

Anyway, never cared much for ROM but I do hope any Micronauts movie is good, though I doubt it actually will be released.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: July 22, 2015, 06:31:17 AM

--the Hulk very famously fell in love and got married to a green Microverse queen who ruled a fantasy-medieval microworld,

Comics.  why so serious?

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #185 on: July 22, 2015, 09:06:53 AM

Don't be dissing the Microverse, dog.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: July 22, 2015, 09:26:15 AM

I still have a Baron Karza in my action-fig collection. Those toys were the fucking bomb.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #187 on: August 04, 2015, 10:19:06 AM

Saw this: thought it was a bit flat up to the third act, where things actually happened. Michael Douglas was solid.

Also, although Cross was underdeveloped, I think Corey Stoll did a great job in concentrating an unsettling need for approval into his acting. If only Pym had given Cross a hug, things would have turned out differently.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #188 on: August 10, 2015, 10:25:09 AM

Did I have a micro-stroke during the Mandarin parts?  I don't remember that.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: August 10, 2015, 11:12:53 AM

Don't quite know what to make of this.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #190 on: August 10, 2015, 01:09:41 PM

I thought we were still talking about the Ant Man movie.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: August 10, 2015, 01:25:07 PM

I was.  I went to see it today.  I really don't know what to make of it.

It didn't hold together at all well.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #192 on: August 10, 2015, 05:05:33 PM

Did you see a goddamned Mandarin?  I didn't.  Or, I don't think I did.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: August 10, 2015, 05:17:26 PM

I saw a tangelo but no mandarin.   why so serious?
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: August 10, 2015, 05:56:49 PM

Wait, I'm lost. Where does this Mandarin stuff come from?
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: August 10, 2015, 07:45:43 PM

Wait, I'm lost. Where does this Mandarin stuff come from?

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: August 10, 2015, 10:09:50 PM

There is a poor shot of it out there on the interwebs... it is big as the 10 rings reference in IM2. Non issue except that they'Re keeping the 10 rings concept alive. The only way it would matter is if the theory that Mandarin will turn out to be a lack of Thanos and the rings are Thanos tech... I don't buy it, but it would be a way to capitalize on all the references ...

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: August 11, 2015, 12:22:07 AM

No, I didn't.  Nor did I understand the two separate references to how Pym Particles had messed with Cross's mind, despite him never, ever, ever actually having any Pym Particles until the very fucking end.  It made shit all sense.

This was a very odd movie that I'm STILL trying to decide if I liked.  The ending was good, but it took so fucking long to get there and most of the film could have been quite easily cut and no-one would notice.

Hell, if they'd just shown me an hour of Evangeline and then the end bit, I'd have been happy.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #198 on: August 11, 2015, 03:02:17 AM

need this in movie

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #199 on: August 11, 2015, 09:45:41 AM

the Mandarin (the villain of Iron Man 3… depending on who you ask)

OK, I get it now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #200 on: August 12, 2015, 12:31:14 AM

No, I didn't.  Nor did I understand the two separate references to how Pym Particles had messed with Cross's mind, despite him never, ever, ever actually having any Pym Particles until the very fucking end.  It made shit all sense.
It made perfect sense.  Cross had been playing with Pym Particles for potentially YEARS, they were just tinted yellow and not red for "GI Joe" badguy style identification.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #201 on: August 12, 2015, 06:00:49 AM

All of that, I agree to, but it could have been presented better.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #202 on: August 12, 2015, 08:28:15 AM

Edit: Woops, wrong thread.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 08:46:51 AM by sickrubik »

beer geek.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #203 on: September 06, 2015, 06:28:13 PM

I finally saw this today. I was pleasantly surprised. The trailers and other hype didn't look promising, but the movie turned out to be a lot of fun.

Having Borombon play over the MARVEL graphic was noticeable. And enjoyable.

I liked how they fit Hank Pym's backstory in, with Shield and Howard Stark.
Also the fate of Pym's wife.
Of course I didn't analyze the movie as I was watching it, or I would have realized earlier on that the "quantum realm" could have been called "Chekov's quantum realm". But, I didn't have that thought until Lang was in it.

I was so glad to learn that there were more gags in store than just the Thomas train colliding with YJ. It was funny, but the trailer was so hammy, that I worried they'd put the only joke in it.

Foreshadowing to possible Giant Man appearances? The blue pill got used to embiggen an ant and a toy, it's just a matter of time till they use it on Scott. Or Hope.
This is assuming that we see these characters again, which I hope we will. Either in the Avengers, or some of the other P3 films, or (I hope) a sequel.

Evangeline Lilly will be a great fit as a Marvel super hero.

Speaking of the Avengers, I wasn't spoiled that Anthony Mackie would be in this, so that was another fun surprise.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: September 06, 2015, 07:17:51 PM

Scott Lang is next seen in Civil War.  Hope Van Dyne is confirmed to return, but not in Civil War.  She'll appear elsewhere.  Best guess so far is in Black Panther, but there could be a tie between the quantum realm and Dr. Strange, so anything is possible.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #205 on: November 03, 2015, 05:54:22 PM

Finally saw this. I enjoyed it, except for the interminable fight scene at the end, which was about a week and a half too long, and quite dull.

Problem was they lots of cool heist bits and the whole burgular Macguyver thing going on at the beginning, then at the end he just punches things a lot and uses chekov's quantum realm reference to win.

But it was fun I guess.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #206 on: November 22, 2015, 08:36:18 PM

We were bored so we rented it. It was much better than I expected. Like by a factor of five. I was definitely better than IM3 and Cap2.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: November 23, 2015, 03:59:16 AM

Cap 2 ?  Really ?  Hmmm.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #208 on: November 23, 2015, 09:58:33 AM

I had the same reaction as you, Ironwood, but I didn't want to disparage someone's wrong opinion.  why so serious?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: November 23, 2015, 10:39:05 AM

Everyone has different marvel tastes tho. I was bored of iron man after the first film.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Ant-man  
Jump to: