Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:42:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Silicon Valley 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Silicon Valley  (Read 48334 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #105 on: May 02, 2016, 01:45:03 PM

It's a comedy because it's only painful if you've lived it.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: May 02, 2016, 08:32:44 PM

Awesome episode but holy fuck horse penis warning

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #107 on: May 03, 2016, 01:01:52 PM

OMG Season 1 finale. I almost peed my pants. My wife and I were cackling at the whiteboard discussion.

It made me go look up all TJ Miller's movies. That was disappointing but I am glad he found his perfect role.

I have never played WoW.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #108 on: May 03, 2016, 01:43:15 PM

Wow, that was a depressing episode.  A little too real.

A bit too much horse cock as well.

-Rasix
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: May 03, 2016, 02:05:01 PM

Awesome episode but holy fuck horse penis warning

D: 

I did not think you were being literal.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #110 on: May 08, 2016, 08:58:12 PM

Jesus fuck, it's like the writers followed me for a year.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #111 on: May 08, 2016, 10:06:09 PM

Jared's attempt at a burn in the office at the end had me rolling.  This show is so god damned funny.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
ynotgolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: May 09, 2016, 09:23:10 AM

Loving everything about this season...

until the last 2 minutes of last night's episode.  What a tripey, low-hanging-fruit ending to an otherwise great episode.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #113 on: May 09, 2016, 09:37:17 AM

Yeah, agreed.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #114 on: May 09, 2016, 11:12:15 AM

I would have been more enthused if they'd actually pulled
Maybe it'll play out better than I expect it to.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #115 on: May 09, 2016, 06:09:34 PM

The drone was one of the marketing douches. That's actually kinda what they do, any edge they can use against the actual content creators, they're all over.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #116 on: May 09, 2016, 06:52:25 PM

Ah I didn't recognize him. My brain has a built-in filter for those I've flagged as marketing people. I remember them even less than frontline salespeople, because at least salespeople might have a product I'll find useful.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: May 09, 2016, 09:21:34 PM

You guys are kinda missing a big factor. The actual Haversack Ruse engineered by Richard Meinertzhagen (see the title of the episode and Jared's reminder) was to "accidentally" lose battle plans to the Ottoman Empire that just happened to be completely fake. Allowed the British to win the Battle of Beershaba and Gaza.  
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 09:24:43 PM by Abagadro »

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
ynotgolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: May 10, 2016, 09:56:14 AM

You guys are kinda missing a big factor. The actual Haversack Ruse engineered by Richard Meinertzhagen (see the title of the episode and Jared's reminder) was to "accidentally" lose battle plans to the Ottoman Empire that just happened to be completely fake. Allowed the British to win the Battle of Beershaba and Gaza.  

Damn, and I fell for it, hook-line-sinker.  I really should've given the writers more credit, and watched it again before commenting.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #119 on: May 10, 2016, 12:06:02 PM

I'm both pissed and impressed by that.

It's so geeky that there's no way I'd have gotten it. I had no idea what the Haversack Ruse was so I never would have gotten there, so I'm pissed at the ruse.

At the same time that's exactly the kind of geeky reference that I want more shows to have so I'm impressed it's there for those who know.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: May 10, 2016, 02:22:11 PM

I fell for it too, but I knew that there was some other shoe waiting to drop, since that's where they ended it.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #121 on: May 10, 2016, 02:27:51 PM

I think the part that underlined that all was not as it appeared was Jared's 'insult'. It could not have been more out of character.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
schild
Administrator

Reply #122 on: May 10, 2016, 02:31:54 PM

I think the part that underlined that all was not as it appeared was Jared's 'insult'. It could not have been more out of character.

--Dave
Cypress Halal? You mean the best line in the show?
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #123 on: May 10, 2016, 03:43:45 PM

--Dave
Cypress Halal? You mean the best line in the show?
No, the one that 'shocked' Richard into walking into the power cord and tripping. I forget exactly what the words were, but the substance was accusing Dinesh of sodomy and incest with his mother. This is *completely* out of character for Jared.

EDIT: Just went and checked: "Hey Dinesh, nice chain, do you choke your mother with it when you put your penis in her butthole?"

--Dave
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 03:45:49 PM by MahrinSkel »

--Signature Unclear
schild
Administrator

Reply #124 on: May 10, 2016, 04:23:35 PM

I was making a joke. I knew what line you were talking about -_-
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #125 on: May 11, 2016, 11:14:24 AM

I was kind of partial to Bell Biv Dineesh.  why so serious?

Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: May 16, 2016, 11:52:58 AM

Every week I watch this show and seem to love it more.

Mike Judge has this crazy good knack for taking borderline plausibility and adding just a dash of absurdity to create awesome.

The whole bit

Professional Forum Lurker.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: May 16, 2016, 03:33:45 PM

I died so hard when he slammed his face on the table.  People on the train were looking at me like I was crazy.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #128 on: May 16, 2016, 04:18:23 PM

"You said he was more useless than a bag of dicks without a handle."

schild
Administrator

Reply #129 on: May 16, 2016, 07:35:52 PM

This is so much the best show on television it's not even fair.

Also, man, the faceplant on the desk. Absolutely not normal for this show but absolutely perfect.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: May 16, 2016, 10:17:58 PM

Gavin hating that bulldog just so much was fucking hilarious.  Also, glad to see clueless Big Head back.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #131 on: May 23, 2016, 11:44:22 AM

I am actually glad that Richard's rant about Laurie didn't hit the Internet. That would have been a bit too painful, even for this show. I am wondering about Big Head's non-disparagement clause from his Hooli settlement though. Either that or Erlich is going to drain his bank account soon, which is too bad- he is fun as a dopey rich guy.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #132 on: May 23, 2016, 11:49:06 AM

The Non-disparagement is going to bankrupt him and screw Erlich at the same time because of the new partnership. You knew that was going to go very bad places.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: May 29, 2016, 10:22:48 PM

"Russ was right... 'this guy fucks' "

-H.L. Mencken
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #134 on: May 29, 2016, 11:03:51 PM

That and the Vim/Emacs convo were the high points. 

Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: May 30, 2016, 09:03:06 AM

The Non-disparagement is going to bankrupt him and screw Erlich at the same time because of the new partnership. You knew that was going to go very bad places.

Not so sure about that. I can see them continue to have Big Head fail forward. Dumb rich people are funny.

Professional Forum Lurker.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #136 on: May 30, 2016, 09:27:24 AM

Well...

WayAbvPar

Reply #137 on: June 01, 2016, 09:10:37 AM

"Russ was right... 'this guy fucks' "

Woke my wife up laughing at that last night. She was not as amused as I was for some reason...

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
WayAbvPar

Reply #138 on: June 10, 2016, 01:39:10 PM

Jian Yang prank calling Ehrlich had me ROLLING. "This is Mike Hunt..."

WayAbvPar

Reply #139 on: June 13, 2016, 10:01:43 AM

Fantastic New Yorker article about the show. Some fun behind the scenes stories. Definitely worth a read.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Silicon Valley  
Jump to: