Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:03:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Silicon Valley 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Silicon Valley  (Read 48329 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

on: April 06, 2014, 11:24:53 PM

This is Mike Judge's new HBO show that comes on after GoT. First episode was really good. Does not sugar coat things with lots of computer geek references thrown around, plus Martin Starr!

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 08:48:10 AM

Set up a season pass for this after you mentioned it last night. Looking forward to checking it out.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Raph
Developers

Title delayed while we "find the fun."

Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 08:19:39 PM

This show was non-fiction.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 10:01:42 PM

Pretty goddamn much.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 09:29:17 AM

Watched it. Liked it. The whole attitude the main characters showed towards all these dipshit CEO's and their "innovation" bullshit is how I feel when I hear most of these fucking TED talks. Some of these dudes are too smart to be that far up their own asses.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 04:36:45 PM

If you start to believe your own hype, you're fucking useless.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 05:23:11 PM

So pretty much all of Silicon Valley then.  why so serious?

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 06:30:13 PM

Yup.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 06:24:01 AM

This show is funny. Watch it.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 08:58:04 PM

Also the website for Pied Piper is awesome.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 11:52:09 PM

“It looks like a guy sucking a dick, with another dick tucked behind his ear for later. Like a snack dick.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 06:32:11 PM

"You are gay for my code. You're code gay."

So fucking funny. I can't believe this is already coming to the season finale, and that even worse, I have to wait 2 weeks for it.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 07:50:52 PM

"You are gay for my code. You're code gay."

So fucking funny. I can't believe this is already coming to the season finale, and that even worse, I have to wait 2 weeks for it.

Damnit, ya beat me to it. This show is pure gold. If you have HBO and not watching........start!

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #13 on: May 20, 2014, 04:01:19 PM

I still don't understand why everything is on suspense for two weeks.

Am I missing something? swamp poop

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Triax
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 20, 2014, 04:48:10 PM

Memorial Day Weekend here in the US.  Television networks (and cable) see a marked reduction in viewership as people tend to go out on the first vacation of the summer on this coming weekend.  That'd be my suspicion, but I can't say for certain.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 09:03:41 PM

That and HBO is running their original movie The Normal Heart.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #16 on: June 03, 2014, 11:40:59 AM

"Do you know how long it would you take you to jerk off every guy in this room? Because I know... and I can prove it."

Goddamn, this show was so funny. Any word on a renewal?

EDIT: Never mind, I just saw that it was renewed for a second season. HURRAH.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 03, 2014, 11:57:46 AM

Yay for it being renewed. The hotel room scene was fucking hilarious.

A really huge bummer is that the actor playing Peter Gregory passed away, he was relatively young too.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 06:37:11 AM

Just watched this episode last night. Really good stuff.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 04, 2014, 10:52:33 AM

I have to say my favourite quote so far was "you brought piss to a shit fight!" for some reason that had me laughing pretty hard.

But yeah, I am loving this show.

Professional Forum Lurker.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: February 07, 2015, 04:41:42 AM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #21 on: February 08, 2015, 12:53:27 PM

For some reason, the phrase "dick farmers" has me giggling insanely.

WayAbvPar

Reply #22 on: February 08, 2015, 01:19:28 PM

Heart

Can't wait. I was late to the party on this one, but once I watched the first ep I finished the whole season in two days. Glad TJ Miller found the right role- I always thought he was amusing, but his insanity has to be channeled properly.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: February 09, 2015, 04:15:43 AM

This finally arrived over here and I downloaded the whole lot to watch in one sitting.

Holy fuck, it was funny, funny shit.

That said, I could just watch 8 episodes, 1 hour long each, of Monica just sitting there.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #24 on: February 09, 2015, 09:12:44 AM

That said, I could just watch 8 episodes, 1 hour long each, of Monica just sitting there.

YES.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

WayAbvPar

Reply #25 on: February 09, 2015, 09:22:19 AM

I first saw her in Sex Drive, which, despite its terrible name, is actually really goddamned funny. Clark Duke absolutely rules in that movie.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: February 09, 2015, 09:26:48 AM

Me too, but I much prefer power-suit version.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #27 on: February 09, 2015, 09:55:18 AM

Sex Drive was fucking hysterical.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 19, 2015, 11:36:32 PM

This show has started Season 2 really strong and has already been renewed for 3. Woot.

-H.L. Mencken
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: April 20, 2015, 06:56:41 AM

The VC negging was awesome.

WayAbvPar

Reply #30 on: April 21, 2015, 06:14:00 PM

This show has started Season 2 really strong and has already been renewed for 3. Woot.

That is great news. God I love this show. I wish every episode was like 3 hours long.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: April 22, 2015, 12:01:05 AM

I need to work "choad gargling fucktoilet" into a conversation at some point.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #32 on: April 22, 2015, 12:51:20 PM

Put it on a WoT macro. It will be surprisingly useful.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #33 on: April 22, 2015, 01:48:53 PM

I need to work "choad gargling fucktoilet" into a conversation at some point.

While his dialogue is excellent, it is the most unlike the industry of any character's.  No one in Silicon Valley speaks that creatively.

I have never played WoW.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #34 on: April 22, 2015, 03:20:30 PM

I do. But I'm only there part time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Silicon Valley  
Jump to: