Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:03:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  (Read 484683 times)
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: November 13, 2013, 05:06:44 PM

I think there's some voice modulation BS going on with a lot of the mogu characters, or at the very least a lot of snarling.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #106 on: November 13, 2013, 05:11:27 PM

Ha-Ha

Looking at the truths of a game like WoW is important; and it's important to do it even more so when you have so much invested in it. I have spent the majority of my professional life reporting on it.

Finally an existence more meaningless than my own!

Edit: Even the formatting is breathless:

Do you know the number of females dwarves I've known in nine years of playing this game constantly? One.

Do you know many fucks I give? None.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 05:15:32 PM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #107 on: November 13, 2013, 05:20:00 PM

Man, don't make it weird!  why so serious?

It gets weirder. He's also the voice of Mekgineer Thermaplugg, the last boss of Gnomergon.

You love a crazy gnome.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #108 on: November 14, 2013, 12:39:17 PM

That was another boss I liked hearing yell at me angrily, at least!

And yeah, calapine, that omg girl dwarvesssss thing was a definite eye-roll trigger for me. Partly because what I saw of the female dwarf didn't actually excite me at all. My two lady dwarves are cuter. :P

God Save the Horn Players
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: November 14, 2013, 12:45:17 PM

All I want is braids floating in the air while casting heals. awesome, for real

Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: November 14, 2013, 01:55:19 PM

Dude must have not really been playing for nine years, because in Vanilla, you HAD to have several Dwarf Priests in a raid because they were the only ones with fear ward.  We had at least 3 in our AQ/Naxx raid.

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: November 14, 2013, 02:07:14 PM

No flying in Draenor until first major patch. Because walking is so much fun.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #112 on: November 14, 2013, 02:09:13 PM

Dude must have not really been playing for nine years, because in Vanilla, you HAD to have several Dwarf Priests in a raid because they were the only ones with fear ward.  We had at least 3 in our AQ/Naxx raid.

His coulda all been dude dwarves, he's marveling over the lady ones.

God Save the Horn Players
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: November 14, 2013, 02:13:55 PM

Wait, there are dwarves with BOOBS?!? 

Over and out.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #114 on: November 14, 2013, 02:18:22 PM

-Rasix
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: November 14, 2013, 03:31:51 PM

No flying in Draenor until first major patch. Because walking is so much fun.  Ohhhhh, I see.

I'm not seeing a problem with this?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: November 14, 2013, 04:05:02 PM

I'm not seeing a problem with this?

Me either.  Flying, while cool does not really add anything to the game other than quick travel times.  Flying in wow is not menaingful or even really that much fun, it's a pure convenience.

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: November 14, 2013, 04:33:24 PM

I'm pretty sure that in Wrath, there was no flying until you could afford cold weather flying.  There may have been a quest line requirement as well to access the magical flying city where the trainer was.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #118 on: November 14, 2013, 04:37:56 PM

Stuff like that lets them control the quest flow, whether or not you approve of that is essentially a matter of taste.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #119 on: November 14, 2013, 04:48:55 PM

In all other expansions flying was enabled once you hit max level and had the cash to pay for it.  If they are saying they just aren't allowing any flying until the first major patch that is a huge change.  Most people will be max level in a couple weeks while the first major patch takes a few months.  Imagine walking from the current pandarian city to your farm or faction quest givers every day, that would be fucking horrible.

I'm all for forcing people to walk while they are levelling but after that you should be free as a bird, literally.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #120 on: November 14, 2013, 04:50:21 PM

Oh I see, I skimmed the post too quickly. Yeah that is pretty weird.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #121 on: November 14, 2013, 04:57:26 PM

I don't like that decision at all, but I think it's related to release. It says to me they won't have anything ready for flying, and they are going to patch it in later. Otherwise, why change from the proven formula of max level.

They really want to get this thing out the door if that's the case.

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: November 14, 2013, 04:59:34 PM

In all other expansions flying was enabled once you hit max level and had the cash to pay for it.  If they are saying they just aren't allowing any flying until the first major patch that is a huge change.  Most people will be max level in a couple weeks while the first major patch takes a few months.  Imagine walking from the current pandarian city to your farm or faction quest givers every day, that would be fucking horrible.

I'm all for forcing people to walk while they are levelling but after that you should be free as a bird, literally.

This lets them make level cap content like Timeless Isle without having it subject to the same drawbacks that make flying crappy for leveling content. I'm trying to imagine what Timeless Isle would feel like with flying enabled, and the answer is "pretty awful". Once that level cap content isn't especially relevant anymore they enable flying. Makes sense.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: November 14, 2013, 05:16:05 PM

I have a decent handful of friends and acquaintances over at Blizzard these days and, while they're ruthlessly strict about not violating their NDAs, it's no secret that most every one of them feels flying mounts shouldn't have ever been created at all. The implications for PvP on PvP servers, the way it lets you skip content (I know the max level argument), coupled with the Timeless Isle situation mentioned above combine to make it not popular.

You can't put the genie back in the bottle, though.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: November 14, 2013, 05:23:00 PM

I love flying.  I quit in Northern because I couldn't fly.  Eventually I came back, and still remember how cool it was flying into the last zone (one with the area were you joust) over the mountains.  I almost missed that cause they turned off flying.

Whenever I think about coming back I think about how much I hate having to walk again each patch and I lose any desire to return.

I love flying in these games.  Not my fault they can't figure out how to make it work.  Keep me on the ground in instances, let me fly in the world.

GW2 / RIFT really pissed me off with the, "try to guess if you can jump up here!  Giggle!" invisible wall, "guess what we're thinking! giggle!" fucking crap. Wow, getting hot just thinking about it.

Well, just wanted to provide a counter-point.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: November 14, 2013, 05:45:20 PM

You're all pussies and cry babies. No flying is probably the best thing they can do for the game and getting that original feeling back.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: November 14, 2013, 06:19:29 PM

You could just take a taxi? I've seen no mention of them removing the flight masters or whatever they are. You should only have to walk it once.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #127 on: November 14, 2013, 06:44:37 PM

You're all pussies and cry babies. No flying is probably the best thing they can do for the game and getting that original feeling back.
And get rid of those Plane of Knowledge ports God damn it!  It should take you three hours to walk to Ocean of Tears and if the boat is broken meaning you can't get there at all then fuck you it just adds to the sense of accomplishment when you actually get there!
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #128 on: November 14, 2013, 07:06:47 PM

Well, at least WoW didn't really ever try to kill you on the way to something.  So, there's that.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: November 14, 2013, 07:11:51 PM

You could just take a taxi? I've seen no mention of them removing the flight masters or whatever they are. You should only have to walk it once.

Yeah  swamp poop no idea why people assume taxis are disappearing.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #130 on: November 14, 2013, 07:56:44 PM

You're not skipping content if you've already done it. If you don't want people flying until they get Loremaster in every quest zone on the new world? Fine, I'm willing to do that. But don't say it's about skipping content. The users will jump through hoops so they can get around the world faster, especially in a game that already instances and phases the crap out of the world anyway.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: November 14, 2013, 08:08:30 PM

Well they have recently expanded on their ideas for max level content, saying they want more than just daily quest hubs and actual questlines to be done at max level.  When you think on that, no flying makes more sense.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: November 14, 2013, 09:15:45 PM

Flying mounts are one of my favorite things about WoW. Having to hit max level is one thing, but waiting months until I can use the mounts I've farmed up/paid real money for is pretty shitty. And honestly after WoW, CoH and EQ2 it sucks playing a game where I can't "bypass content" and instead have to grind through tons of mobs that I don't actually need for my quests.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: November 14, 2013, 10:22:31 PM

As others have noted, there's being a cheerleader, and then there's ... that. It wraps around from being excited about a new expansion into a creepy sort of desperation that this expansion has just got to turn shit around, that new character models are exactly what was needed to right the ship, and MARK THIS DATE DOWN, EVERYONE, EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED FOREVER.

Any new expansion at this point is just going to be a small speed bump in the road of falling subs. There's realistically nothing they can do at this point to rejuvenate the game. The idea that an expansion that simplifies things while adding few new features is going to give WoW a huge shot in the arm is ridiculous. "The problem with WoW is that it's just too damn complicated!" said nobody.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: November 15, 2013, 12:17:41 AM

I'm betting the Zandalari trolls will do the time-travel thing with Garrosh and join up with him... because it isn't a real WOW expansion without a troll dungeon/raid, mon!

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: November 15, 2013, 03:00:22 AM

I'm betting the Zandalari trolls will do the time-travel thing with Garrosh and join up with him... because it isn't a real WOW expansion without a troll dungeon/raid, mon!
Well, to be fair, it is a pretty safe bet that we have not seen the last of the Zandalari on Azeroth.  I mean, no player character has ever actually seen Zul, and since this guy is supposed to be about as powerful a prophet as Velen, I really doubt we have seen the last of him.  My personal pet theory is that Zul is still out there with a fleet of Zandalari War Boats tied together like a giant raft-city waiting for his next prophetic vision of how to save his people.  We also can't really say for certain if the ruins of Zandalar might still be kicking around somewhere with Rastakhan still clinging to his golden throne along with whoever stayed with him (His actions in that Lorewalker story time session seem a bit odd, so there might be a bit of story to examine there).

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: November 15, 2013, 03:23:00 AM

/troll stuff

Seriously though, I'll buy this xpac on day one if they promise that they'll go at least one expansion without doing something related to trolls.  Hell, they went out of their way to put them into the Burning Crusade; can we at least stay in Draenor this time and take a break?

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: November 15, 2013, 04:28:59 AM

Where were the trolls in Burning Crusade? It's been so long I can't remember.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: November 15, 2013, 04:53:50 AM

Where were the trolls in Burning Crusade? It's been so long I can't remember.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Zul%27Aman

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: November 15, 2013, 05:59:46 AM

I thought the trolls in BC were some of the least offensive actually, just a couple of small side dungeons.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 52 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  
Jump to: