Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:47:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  (Read 484771 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

on: November 08, 2013, 01:55:04 PM

Ask and ye shall receive.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 02:01:43 PM

I don't like the fact there's no new races.

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 02:02:21 PM

Yeah they really better hit the other shit out of the park if they aren't going to add things like that.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 02:06:09 PM

Yeah they really better hit the other shit out of the park if they aren't going to add things like that.

Dobutful.  Wife said the live stream made it sound as if all the race models won't come online at live and will be piecemealed in.  They've been working on these for, what, 2 or 3 years now?  When did Nu-Sylvanas, Nu-King and Nu-Jaina appear?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 02:08:36 PM

I watched the clip for it and all I could think was "more of the same".

Given that Cata/MoP left my alts at 85 or below, the instant boost to 90 for one character leaves me cold. There's no way I want to level alts through cata/MoP ever again, even if its accelerated levelling.

I'll be interested to see how much they vary the game though - have they learned not to create a grind fest?

Graphically - it's looking dated even with updated models.

I'll wait and see because a trailer isn't the game, but I have no excitement generated for this.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 02:16:16 PM

I thought the first dungeon they showed looked awfully dated. Reused all kinds of old art assets. The old ogre models really look bad.

Didn't they bring on a ton more people for development? Shouldn't they be starting to get better/more stuff?
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 02:26:52 PM

Thank you.

Someone make a new thread about the new expansion so I can complain about how I don't like outland, don't like the dranei, find all orcs really one dimensional/boring, am dubious of time travel plots and am not excited enough about this to resub.

I really did assume once the hype train started for the new expansion I would be unable to stop myself from resubbing but meh.  I really hate Dranei male models, way more than pandas, I don't know why I just do.  Every single orc "plot" is rawr rawr we like war yeah yeah we get it.  The main reason I would have resubbed now is to finish off the last raid and plot stuff I haven't done but now that I know Garrosh "get's away" and is back again in the next expansion why bother?  No new race or class either.

And a whole expansion based on time travel?  I'm willing to not care about having dungeons and raids in alternate histories but this seems lazy, especially since it's somewhere we've already been.  I can't wait for some hot Velen on Velen action either...  I mean I know lolore and the plot by now has so many holes and idiotic changes that it is meant to be ignored but how on earth are they going to reconcile two persistent sets of identical characters?
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 03:42:09 PM

Man I could give a fuck.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 03:42:20 PM

I'm pretty cool with all the features and I'll buy it, play for three months, pretend I'm playing seriously enough to raid, do that for a a week, realize I'm not serious enough to, and then ubsub. Or, exactly what I did with MoP. And I'm okay with that!

But the time travel thing to save Garrosh is so fucking terrible. You just fucking had a raid to kill/capture him. YOU JUST HAD THIS. Way to make it seem even more like the players are completely incidental to everything in the world.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 04:28:14 PM

Thank you.

Someone make a new thread about the new expansion so I can complain about how I don't like outland, don't like the dranei, find all orcs really one dimensional/boring, am dubious of time travel plots and am not excited enough about this to resub.

I really did assume once the hype train started for the new expansion I would be unable to stop myself from resubbing but meh.  I really hate Dranei male models, way more than pandas, I don't know why I just do.  Every single orc "plot" is rawr rawr we like war yeah yeah we get it.  The main reason I would have resubbed now is to finish off the last raid and plot stuff I haven't done but now that I know Garrosh "get's away" and is back again in the next expansion why bother?  No new race or class either.

And a whole expansion based on time travel?  I'm willing to not care about having dungeons and raids in alternate histories but this seems lazy, especially since it's somewhere we've already been.  I can't wait for some hot Velen on Velen action either...  I mean I know lolore and the plot by now has so many holes and idiotic changes that it is meant to be ignored but how on earth are they going to reconcile two persistent sets of identical characters?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 04:29:12 PM

Metzen dude. Metzen.

Anyway yeah I can very much see this as a "play for 3 months, probably realize I'm not a raider still and in my 30s, and unsub until they take the cocksmashing out of the early game."

I can only dream that they won't do something really stupid with valor point gating I don't see coming yet.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 06:15:17 PM

Nope, the endgame will absolutely be cockblocky past LFR. Normal, Heroic, and Mythic will all be way beyond the capabilities of most players and getting raid-ready will be a fucking pain in the ass. Blizzard just does not learn enough from its mistakes.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 07:36:50 PM

It's weird but they keep trying to avoid saying time travel, to the point that stuff is making little to no sense.  Look at all the QnA stuff, it's ridiculous how much they are dodging the "how is this shit possible if not time travel?" questions.  New models look nice but nothing really grabbing me, oh look outland again, yawn.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 10:59:21 PM

I just got home from a 10 hour shift, and I'm catching up on stuffs...

If I'm reading this right, Garrosh is going to go back in time and prevent the Orcs from drinking the demon blood that makes them invade Azeroth the first time around.

So we're retconning Warcraft 1, 2, 3, Vanilla, and BC (technically Wrath too since the Lich King wouldn't have been created without the orcs falling to the demons as well).

I think we're done here.  The features are nice and all, and mobile support for the garrison stuff would be a REALLY nice touch, but I think it's time to move on.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 11:14:42 PM

The funny thing is they can't possibly come up with raids that are nothing but fucking orcs orcs orcs so at some point the burning legion have to come into the raid structure.  Are we now helping Garrosh against them?  It's just so idiotic.

If they promise to just say "fuck it our whole world is retarded and we will make the end raid boss of the expansion be Sargeras because why not and then we will shut the servers down."  I will buy it just to come full circle and be a part of the end as I was the beginning.

I want to kill Sargeras.

Edit: I'm so very cold in here right now.  It feels cold, I'm going to open a window.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 11:17:24 PM by Miasma »
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, 11:48:00 PM

jesus christ how did it get more metzen-y

how

hooooooooooow

God Save the Horn Players
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 12:01:56 AM

I just got home from a 10 hour shift, and I'm catching up on stuffs...

If I'm reading this right, Garrosh is going to go back in time and prevent the Orcs from drinking the demon blood that makes them invade Azeroth the first time around.

So we're retconning Warcraft 1, 2, 3, Vanilla, and BC (technically Wrath too since the Lich King wouldn't have been created without the orcs falling to the demons as well).

I think we're done here.  The features are nice and all, and mobile support for the garrison stuff would be a REALLY nice touch, but I think it's time to move on.
Aren't 1 and 2 basically retconned out of existence already? Back then, orcs invaded because they were bloodthirsty warmongers and had a way in. IIRC demons had fuckall to do with it aside from whispering "psst, Draenor would be a sweet place to open a portal to" to Medivh when he was going batshit in the Twisting Nether. Or maybe the "Orcs are just misunderstood" thing started way back in 2, I can't remember now.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 01:00:26 AM

Oh God, does this mean more ugly-as-shit Outland armor?

God Save the Horn Players
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, 01:11:08 AM

So much Metzen waaaaaaaaaaaaaank

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: November 09, 2013, 04:07:15 AM

I'm so glad I have zero interest in WoW anymore.  Now I can just sit back and watch the trainwreck.

Popcorn

Over and out.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: November 09, 2013, 08:09:40 AM

The garrison stuff is interesting.  The Doff STO missions are cool.  I've been bitching for some time for housing in the world like UO instead of instanced.  Yes, I know some of the problems that entails but still.

The rest of the shit I couldn't care less about. 

-Welcome back to Draenor!  Where you've been before...in the future. But with new changes to the zones and and hijinks!
-Speaking of hijinks, Garrosh, the orc no one likes is back and causing trouble again.  Garrosh you little scamp!
-Instantly level a character to 90.  We know our game is old and busted.  Just buy it, god I've got a family to feed!
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: November 09, 2013, 08:17:41 AM

The garrison stuff is interesting.  The Doff STO missions are cool.  I've been bitching for some time for housing in the world like UO instead of instanced.  Yes, I know some of the problems that entails but still.

Well, instanced in that each garrison will be phased to a specific player so you won't be running around seeing other peoples little towns.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: November 09, 2013, 08:28:48 AM

Making instanced (arena) pvp use standardized gearsets was something they should've done 4 expansions ago. Still, better late than never... or something.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: November 09, 2013, 08:30:39 AM

Also, it looks like they're finally doing a MUDflation smash.  Shots I'm seeing seem to reflect lvl 100s running around with Wrath-era numbers.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: November 09, 2013, 08:45:00 AM

More stat info:

Hit and Expertise may be getting the axe.
New stat seen: Readiness - Reduces cooldown on your abilities
Other things mentioned: Movement speed and Cleave.

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: November 09, 2013, 10:12:44 AM

Oh God, does this mean more ugly-as-shit Outland armor?

Nah, Draenor zones don't seem to have any of the interesting art style/colors from Outlands, so the armor is bound to look really boring/uninspired as well.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #26 on: November 09, 2013, 10:39:34 AM

Talking up the Alliance a hell of a lot.

And it IS time travel, Metzen just verified in the lore panel.  But trying to listen to Metzen explain quantum timelines was  awesome, for real

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: November 09, 2013, 12:40:36 PM

If you're lucky you can get ignores durability loss on your armor.

Just like Diablo 3.  Zerg those packs baby!
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: November 09, 2013, 12:48:01 PM

Talking up the Alliance a hell of a lot.

And it IS time travel, Metzen just verified in the lore panel.  But trying to listen to Metzen explain quantum timelines was  awesome, for real
I'm thinking the "it's not time travel" thing was meant more along the lines of "it's not a time travel story, it's a story which involves time travel" i.e. the difference between the Star Trek reboot and Star Trek IV - one uses it as a plot device, one has it as the basis for the entire plot. What I don't get is why they made such a big deal out of it.  swamp poop

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: November 09, 2013, 03:09:52 PM

awesome, for real
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #30 on: November 09, 2013, 03:10:03 PM

lol @ the itemization changes:

-Hit and Expertise don't feel like a bonus, so they are now gone!

-Dodge and Parry, gone!

-Reforging, gone!

-Enchanting is still around, but fewer items can be enchanted. There will be more enchant choices for those items.

-The number of items with gem sockets will be gone. Only one gem slot per item. Gems are more powerful. Sockets are a bonus that don't count towards item level budget. No more socket bonuses or meta gems.

-The stats on armor will now change based on your spec. Plate drops and it will have whatever stats your class needs, no more Intellect plate! No more PvP Priest Healing set and PvP Priest DPS set, just a Priest set.

-Jewelery, cloak, trinkets, and weapons will be more role focused and might keep stats.

-Armor will become a good tanking stat again, Spirit will be good for healers.

-Tertiary stats are bonus stats that can appear on gear that don't count towards the item level budget. Lifesteal, avoidance, sturdiness, movement speed (stacks with other bonuses), cleave, and more.
Item squish is in! All of the big jumps from old expansions and raid tiers will be flattened.

-Your relative power won't change, just the numbers. The speed at which you kill things won't change. You can still solo old content.

Aahahahh. Yeah let's just massively oversimplify everything again. That'll make people give a shit.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #31 on: November 09, 2013, 03:14:10 PM

*gets new drop*

Okay, is the item level higher? Alright, cool.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: November 09, 2013, 03:14:21 PM

Spirit will be good for healers.

Haven't they said this in every expansion since forever?  awesome, for real

Over and out.
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: November 09, 2013, 03:15:10 PM

*gets new drop*

Okay, is the item level higher? Alright, cool.

Next patch they will base everything off weapon dps.

Ignore durability loss will be key for starting out in inferno difficulty raids so you can save on repairs.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #34 on: November 09, 2013, 03:17:37 PM

I like how they literally erased a major feature from Cataclysm. At least I think so; Reforging was Cata right?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  
Jump to: