Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:22:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Marvel's Daredevil 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marvel's Daredevil  (Read 105333 times)
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #350 on: May 20, 2022, 11:04:07 AM

If it doesn't contain most of the original cast...well, good luck with that.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #351 on: May 20, 2022, 03:36:09 PM

Yeah, I really hope they don't do something stupid like try to start over from scratch with this one. Take the good parts of the 3 seasons and say the rest (i.e. anything to do with Iron Fist) was in a different universe.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #352 on: May 20, 2022, 03:52:10 PM

They just had Charlie Cox in the latest Spiderman, so I don't see why they would recast him. And Fisk was in one of the D+ shows too IIRC. Presumably they'd keep Foggie and Deborah Ann Woll, too.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #353 on: May 20, 2022, 04:50:20 PM

I think the only question is whether they're going to recast the less important parts and whether they're going to chuck out some of what happened in the Netflix series (the Defenders team-up, Elektra, the Punisher, etc.)

I'm kind of thinking yes, they will? E.g., Daredevil will still have fought D'Onfrio's Kingpin, the basic contours of the characterizations on the show will hold, but the specifics will be scrubbed somewhat. As they probably should be.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #354 on: May 20, 2022, 05:32:02 PM

I think everything that wasn't in the 3 seasons is a fever dream that didn't actually happen. Maybe they rehabilitate JJ, but Iron Fist is all bullshit.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
schild
Administrator

Reply #355 on: May 20, 2022, 07:44:51 PM

If it doesn't contain most of the original cast...well, good luck with that.

1. daredevil was in spiderman and wasn't some weird multiversal nonsense
2. daredevil netflix was a dc show
schild
Administrator

Reply #356 on: May 20, 2022, 07:49:14 PM

ok apparently rumor is it's a continuation, which is great, maybe they'll make it watchable (lol)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #357 on: May 20, 2022, 08:18:58 PM

(the Defenders team-up, Elektra, the Punisher, etc.)
REALLY hope they bring Jon Bernthal into the MCU/D+ lineup. He defined the Punisher, hard act to follow. I'd also like to see Luke and Misty again.

I love Iron Fist the character, so I hope like hell they recast him. I didn't hate the actor, so maybe with better writing and direction? Either way, I want Heroes for Hire on D+ and I want it to be the avenue they use to bring in Ryan Reynolds  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS (starting the MCU run as Deadpimp would be so perfect).

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #358 on: May 20, 2022, 08:31:02 PM

I would not at all object to Luke Cage being canon and the character/actor showing up. Same for Jessica Jones. I would just as soon they not only recast Iron Fist but rethink it, because Shang Chi crowded in on that territory some.

If they're going to do a Disney Plus Daredevil, I REALLY want an episode with Spider-Man reconfigured as a street-level hero, maybe with the Kingpin as the main bad guy. Spidey is much better as a ground-level New York guy who occasionally gets crossed into shit like Thanos rather than a guy who does Thanos stuff and occasionally gets involved in neighborhood business.
schild
Administrator

Reply #359 on: May 20, 2022, 09:19:43 PM

I would not at all object to Luke Cage being canon and the character/actor showing up. Same for Jessica Jones. I would just as soon they not only recast Iron Fist but rethink it, because Shang Chi crowded in on that territory some.

If they're going to do a Disney Plus Daredevil, I REALLY want an episode with Spider-Man reconfigured as a street-level hero, maybe with the Kingpin as the main bad guy. Spidey is much better as a ground-level New York guy who occasionally gets crossed into shit like Thanos rather than a guy who does Thanos stuff and occasionally gets involved in neighborhood business.

what a gross waste of tony stark jr
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #360 on: May 21, 2022, 07:54:50 AM

I thought Iron Fist sucked, and yet at the same time David Wenham as Harold Meachum was incredible and incredibly fun to watch as he unwound.  Also, I hope if they are going to resurrect/continue these shows they pull in Carrie-Ann Moss, she's also so very good.  ... jesus christ I'm looking at the Iron Fist cast and there are so many very talented people it's a crime that this script wasn't even a little bit better (or maybe it was the direction?  I have no idea, but I don't know how they made these folks look bad).

I have no point, just needed to say that.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #361 on: May 21, 2022, 09:43:59 AM

I agree with Khaldun and Schild. Peter Parker should stay Tom Holland for a long time and he should be Tony Jr for MCU purposes. It's ok to let Iron Man rest for a cycle and use the Iron Spider, War Machine, whatever. Street level Spidey should be Miles and would be awesome with the Heroes for Hire. I'd also love to see the Superior Spiderman as a D+ series, Ock as Spidey was sofa king good in the comics, but I digress...

I think that in the right hands, the Hells Kitchen level stuff still has a ton of good stories to mine while the rest of the multiverse is fighting itself. Give some perspective to the bigger films and series. Hawkeye was a refreshing change of pace for exactly that reason.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 09:47:23 AM by Sky »
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #362 on: May 26, 2022, 10:50:58 AM

I'd also love to see the Superior Spiderman as a D+ series, Ock as Spidey was sofa king good in the comics, but I digress...

It was hilarious in Marvel Heroes too, the first time I picked up an item and his line was "if I was a villain they'd call this looting" I lost it.

I am the .00000001428%
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #363 on: September 21, 2022, 12:37:27 PM

Rumors circulating that Jessica Jones is out for the new DD series (due to scheduling, so not out for a return sometime), and Bernthal's Punisher is in. I'm happy, as I didn't like JJ at all (I know she was popular here though), and I loved the Punisher stuff (Muldaaawny!!). But it sounds like you guys will get her back at some point.

Also, sounds like Colter won't be back as Luke Cage, which really sucks as he was awesome imo. That first season with Ali as the bad guy was one of my favorite Netflix-era Marvel things. Haven't heard anything about Iron Fist at all, so not sure if Cage will be recast or left off for a later reboot of Heroes for Hire.

Other rumors are that this is not a sequel show, but a reboot. Soft or hard, no idea.

All very tentative sounding rumors, so not linking sketchy sources.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #364 on: September 21, 2022, 01:18:42 PM

I think punisher is the easiest of the other Netflix characters to work with as something other than main character. And the last thing they should do is fill it with all the defenders characters.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #365 on: September 21, 2022, 02:38:44 PM

I think the only question is whether they're going to recast the less important parts and whether they're going to chuck out some of what happened in the Netflix series (the Defenders team-up, Elektra, the Punisher, etc.)

I'm kind of thinking yes, they will? E.g., Daredevil will still have fought D'Onfrio's Kingpin, the basic contours of the characterizations on the show will hold, but the specifics will be scrubbed somewhat. As they probably should be.

Wait what?

They aren't going to scrub anything. But equally they aren't going to wate time talking about it.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
schild
Administrator

Reply #366 on: October 08, 2022, 09:59:43 AM

having now seen the shehulk episode about daredevil, they can do whatever the fuck they want with him and it'll be better than netflix
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #367 on: October 08, 2022, 11:23:14 PM

Rumors circulating that Jessica Jones is out for the new DD series (due to scheduling, so not out for a return sometime), and Bernthal's Punisher is in. I'm happy, as I didn't like JJ at all (I know she was popular here though), and I loved the Punisher stuff (Muldaaawny!!). But it sounds like you guys will get her back at some point.

Also, sounds like Colter won't be back as Luke Cage, which really sucks as he was awesome imo. That first season with Ali as the bad guy was one of my favorite Netflix-era Marvel things. Haven't heard anything about Iron Fist at all, so not sure if Cage will be recast or left off for a later reboot of Heroes for Hire.

Other rumors are that this is not a sequel show, but a reboot. Soft or hard, no idea.

All very tentative sounding rumors, so not linking sketchy sources.

Ritter and Colter being out makes sense. Kristen Ritter is in the Orphan Black sequel show and Colter is busy with the Evil show which just got renewed again. I actually like him much, much more in Evil than I did as Luke Cage. He felt super arrogant as Luke Cage though that may have simply been the character as I never read his comics. (or Jessica Jones for that matter.)

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #368 on: October 09, 2022, 03:22:46 PM

Cage in the comics has ranged somewhat from being a one-note blaxploitation cliche to being a bit more layered, but in any rendition, he's confident don't-fuck-with-me. This is the dude who flew to Latveria to collect a small fee he was owed for work he did for Doctor Doom and proceeded to fuck up Doom's shit until he got paid off.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #369 on: October 09, 2022, 03:24:12 PM

Cage in the comics has ranged somewhat from being a one-note blaxploitation cliche to being a bit more layered, but in any rendition, he's confident don't-fuck-with-me. This is the dude who flew to Latveria to collect a small fee he was owed for work he did for Doctor Doom and proceeded to fuck up Doom's shit until he got paid off.

200 bucks is 200 bucks.

I am the .00000001428%
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #370 on: March 08, 2023, 01:45:58 PM

Fuck yeah, the real Frank is coming back!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/daredevil-born-again-casts-jon-bernthal-punisher-1235342229/

Hopefully he gets his own show, though I don't really see Disney going in that direction.

MULDAAAWNY
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #371 on: March 08, 2023, 05:21:40 PM

I know he's busy but I hope they can get Mike Colter, he was absolutely perfect as Luke Cage.

I am the .00000001428%
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #372 on: March 08, 2023, 05:32:25 PM

He really was.

I hope they just completely forget that Iron Fist ever existed. I am 100% in favor of an approach to continuity that stuffs shit that was no good down a murderhole and embraces what works.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #373 on: March 08, 2023, 05:49:22 PM

They could just recast Iron Fist. Or at least bring back Jessica Henwick.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #374 on: March 08, 2023, 06:06:05 PM

Deborah Ann Wohl and the guy who played Foggy aren't coming back. This actually makes me less interested in this new Daredevil if I'm honest. Particularly the absence of Deborah.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #375 on: March 09, 2023, 07:05:16 PM

Yea, agreed. It's going to be weird without them, and I'm not sure why Disney couldn't throw enough money to get them back.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #376 on: March 09, 2023, 07:25:20 PM

I'm sure we'll get a better idea when the series launches but I'm guessing the reasoning is that they don't want to make this a direct follow-up to the Netflix shows. Sounds like they're happy to bring back some of the leads (there's but a lot of rumors about Ritter returning as Jessica Jones) but I don't think they're going to acknowledge those shows as canon. That's easier to get away with if you aren't bringing back all the supporting casts.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #377 on: March 09, 2023, 07:32:54 PM

There have been times in Dardevil's career where neither character was a part of the regular cast, so it's not vital that they return. I do think it's a shame though, because I thought the casting on those two was quite good.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #378 on: March 10, 2023, 12:43:26 AM

Yeah, I liked both of them in their roles. It just seems like the assignment was to make Season 1 of the MCU Daredevil show very clearly not make season 4 of the Netflix Daredevil show. That also seems somewhat backed up by the way Matt is portrayed in his She-Hulk appearance.

Also once they explicitly acknowledge any of the Marvel TV stuff as canon, they'll get bogged down in having to specify what is and what isn't and I don't think they want to bother with that. At this point it's just "We liked what these guys did as Daredevil, Kingpin, and Punisher and brought them back as different versions of the same characters".
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #379 on: March 10, 2023, 08:49:03 AM

I don't see how the netflix shows are not canon.

I'd really rather they don't get into giving a crap about what is and isn't canon. But I can't see how you bring back Cox and then say this is a different daredevil.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #380 on: March 10, 2023, 08:50:48 AM

Everything is canon when you introduce a multiverse.

I am the .00000001428%
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #381 on: March 10, 2023, 11:36:54 AM

I don't see how the netflix shows are not canon.

I'd really rather they don't get into giving a crap about what is and isn't canon. But I can't see how you bring back Cox and then say this is a different daredevil.

The netflix shows wouldn't be canon because Feige didn't have control over the Marvel TV stuff, and it had a bunch of crap like Inhumans shoehorned in. On D+ none of it is listed in with the MCU categories. The Netflix shows have a separate listing called The Defenders Saga and everything else like Runaways, Agent Carter, and Agents of Shield shows up under Marvel Series and Specials.

They seem perfectly happy to find ways to bring in stuff that they liked (James D'Arcy as Jarvis in Endgame, Anson Mount as Black Bolt and Patrick Stewart as Prof. X in Multiverse of Madness, working Deadpool into the MCU somehow), but it seems pretty clear at this point that they don't intend on bringing all of it.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #382 on: March 10, 2023, 11:43:47 AM

Deborah Ann Wohl and the guy who played Foggy aren't coming back. This actually makes me less interested in this new Daredevil if I'm honest. Particularly the absence of Deborah.

Man, what did she do that got her blackballed by the industry? Just fucking odd that she doesn't seem to get any work.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #383 on: March 10, 2023, 12:00:45 PM

The Netflix shows have a separate listing called The Defenders Saga and everything else like Runaways, Agent Carter, and Agents of Shield shows up under Marvel Series and Specials.
The Heroes for Hire duo, DD, Punisher, JJ, and Defenders were Netflix. Agent Carter and AoS were ABC properties. Afaik most if not all the Inhuman stuff was kept in AoS?

NYC Defenders could be awesome, bring in Blade and Strange...I gotta go back and finish Midnight Suns....
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #384 on: March 10, 2023, 01:22:19 PM

The Netflix shows have a separate listing called The Defenders Saga and everything else like Runaways, Agent Carter, and Agents of Shield shows up under Marvel Series and Specials.
The Heroes for Hire duo, DD, Punisher, JJ, and Defenders were Netflix. Agent Carter and AoS were ABC properties. Afaik most if not all the Inhuman stuff was kept in AoS?

NYC Defenders could be awesome, bring in Blade and Strange...I gotta go back and finish Midnight Suns....

Sure, there was stuff on Netflix, ABC, Hulu, and Freeform, but it was all made by Marvel TV rather than Marvel Studios. They could come out and say that just the Netflix stuff is canon (to date they’ve pretty much declined to say anything) but even that saddles them with stuff like Iron Fist and probably a number of other characters they’d prefer to redo. Even the actual tone of Daredevil himself it seems like they want to change a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Marvel's Daredevil  
Jump to: