Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:05:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Marvel's Daredevil 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marvel's Daredevil  (Read 105329 times)
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #315 on: December 03, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

We have Netflix and Hulu; if we decide to get Disneyflix, one of those is getting the axe. I generally prefer Netflix for their original content; Hulu is better for TV shows and the wife watches more there.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #316 on: December 03, 2018, 05:42:15 PM

Netflix is worth keeping for their in house productions, in my opinion. They have a lot of decent horror stuff you wouldn't otherwise see. That alone sells it for me. The kid stuff and wife tv are just gravy.

Half my Netflix viewing lately has been foreign stuff: Hotel Beau Séjour out of Belgium, Transfers from France, 3% from Brazil - all quality entertainment.
Yeah, Netflix turning hard into being a global platform for globally made entertainment was a really smart move.  Lot of good foreign made stuff on there now, and its going to win them a lot of money from outside the US.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #317 on: December 04, 2018, 07:32:17 AM

The biggest problem Netflix has is that a lot of great stuff is buried where mst people will not find it.  They need to improve their recommendations so that I do not need to find out about a great series here.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #318 on: December 04, 2018, 07:56:26 AM

Or they can just fix their shitty UI.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #319 on: December 04, 2018, 12:14:34 PM

That would be swell.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #320 on: December 06, 2018, 01:50:04 AM

The thing about recommendations is they are never likely to work in any family setting where (purely as a hypothetical example) someone's wife will watch literally any bullshit set between 1600 and 1900 or any show that involves a hospital.

Don't tell me about the 'who's watching' thing. No humans use that shit.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #321 on: December 06, 2018, 02:55:29 AM

I tend to like Netflix's UI for when I already know what I want to watch and/or I want pickup something I have been watching very recently.  In all other cases, finding new stuff or going back to old stuff when a new season comes out or whatever....yeah, it leaves something to be desired to say the least.  If for no other reason than huge icons taking up so much real estate that you have to page through all manner of shit, and leaving only enough room for recommendations and stuff you've watched already.

It is also fucking miles better than HBO's.  Their shit can't even figure out where I left off from my last viewing.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #322 on: December 06, 2018, 07:01:52 AM

The thing about recommendations is they are never likely to work in any family setting where (purely as a hypothetical example) someone's wife will watch literally any bullshit set between 1600 and 1900 or any show that involves a hospital.

Don't tell me about the 'who's watching' thing. No humans use that shit.
You guys don't use separate profiles? Even my kids each have their own, so that the boy's Pokemon doesn't crowd the daughter's Liv & Maddie and vice versa.

Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #323 on: December 06, 2018, 09:58:54 AM

The latest data from those Parrot Poop guys now claim Daredevil was something like the fourth most highest streamed show during it's first week for so, so even if the total numbers had dropped off the demand was still high.

So yes, it really does seem that any discussion of ratings or disagreements on the set are completely beside the point -- they were getting axed regardless. This does give me some hope that Disney might just license the shows over mostly intact. At this point Charlie Cox is Daredevil, and I would say the same for pretty much all the leads on all the shows.

As for the profiles discussion, I take that a step further and everybody in this house has their own machine. Keeps everything nice and tidy that way.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #324 on: December 06, 2018, 11:28:26 AM

As far as Netflix profiles, the Netflix channel on some of the older versions of the Roku hardware didn't actually recognize user profiles, so everybody on the account contributes to the recommendations on that box.

But yes, Netflix's UI is garbage.

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #325 on: December 06, 2018, 12:44:01 PM

Me a few weeks ago: Netflix cutting marvel content from their platform is due to fallout from Disney
F13: wtf your talking about, its because iron fist and luke cage were under performing.

A few weeks later Netflix cancels Daredevil

F13: Well fuck, i guess that new exclusive Disney streaming service is having an affect on netflix after all
Me: awesome, for real
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #326 on: December 06, 2018, 12:52:09 PM

Me a few weeks ago: Netflix cutting marvel content from their platform is due to fallout from Disney
F13: wtf your talking about, its because iron fist and luke cage were under performing.

F13: Well fuck, i guess that new exclusive Disney streaming service is having an affect on netflix after all

The fuck are you talking about?
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #327 on: December 06, 2018, 12:56:07 PM

The fuck are you talking about?

http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=24609.msg1506467#msg1506467
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #328 on: December 06, 2018, 01:00:46 PM

And now look up several posts on that same page where both Cyrrex and satael mentioned Disney's streaming service even before you did, and the post directly beneath yours where Draegan mentions that Disney "are going to want all Disney/Marvel properties on their platform.". Nobody responded to your post let alone disagreed with it.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #329 on: December 06, 2018, 01:02:53 PM

pssst, it's in his sig.  It's right there.

The sign of Slog.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #330 on: December 06, 2018, 01:15:06 PM

Honestly, I don't think he was intentionally trying to troll. I think he's genuinely proud of himself for connecting the same three dots (Disney starts talking more about streaming service, announces MCU shows with actual MCU characters, Netflix starts canceling Marvel shows) that everybody else pretty much automatically connected.
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #331 on: December 06, 2018, 01:36:42 PM

Naw I remembered the conversation differently than what happened, I haven't looked at this forum in like 2 months soo  why so serious?
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #332 on: December 07, 2018, 12:04:48 PM

So fuck off then, yeah?

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #333 on: December 08, 2018, 12:11:46 AM

Honestly, I don't think he was intentionally trying to troll.

You never know, but medium high does seem to accidentally make a lot of troll posts for someone with that signature.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #334 on: December 08, 2018, 07:26:19 AM

You can take the troll out of 4chan, but you can't take 4chan out of the troll.

Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #335 on: December 08, 2018, 09:32:44 AM

Well, are "I'm Right!" posts automatically trolling?

I mean, if I bragged that I was completely right about the ship's name Milano never being spoken in the second Guardians of the Galaxy, plus the ship was totally destroyed by the end of the movie (they had a new ship in Infinity War -- called Benetar by the way), would that be trolling?

why so serious?
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #336 on: December 09, 2018, 11:37:38 PM

I wonder if ABC has an option to pick up Daredevil, etc...?  ABC Studios does produce these shows. 

I could see ABC making a Marvel: Heroes for Hire show that picks up the threads of all the Netflix discarded shows... keeping the good and writing out the bad quickly. 

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #337 on: December 10, 2018, 07:33:16 AM

You have a much higher opinion of Network television than.... anybody, apparently.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #338 on: December 10, 2018, 08:02:45 AM

You have a much higher opinion of Network television than.... anybody, apparently.
I didn't say it would be good. Just that I could see them doing it.

I could also see the Summer 2020 season of MAoS move their operations to New York.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #339 on: December 10, 2018, 08:56:17 AM

ABC TV is not going to put any of the Netflix shows on TV. Those shows are clearly too "mature audiences" for network.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #340 on: December 10, 2018, 09:10:25 AM

Yeah, that.  The Netflix stuff came about because somebody wanted to do an R rated take on Marvel stuff.  So they grabbed the gritty street level heroes nobody cared about and had fun.

You can only do that on Netflix streaming type services, or HBO.  This is not something that could ever air on Network TV, and none of them would spend the money on it.

-Stephen Colbert
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #341 on: December 11, 2018, 09:03:49 PM

That is fucking ridiculous. 

There are a lot of 10 PM shows that are as violent as these shows and handle a variety of maure topics.  They could do these shows, nearly without change (other than run time) at 10 PM.  Further, they can take certain things down a notch while continuing these stories in the 8 PM hour.  Even Jessica Jones.

Crimany.  You act like we're still in 1984 broadcast tv land.   

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #342 on: December 12, 2018, 12:24:17 AM

Netflix said when they announced the cancellation that "the three existing seasons will remain on the service for years to come". With that being the case I can't see Disney/Marvel going too far out of their way to make any new content featuring this version of Daredevil. If nothing else it would be nice if they could work out a way to do another, smaller Defenders miniseries so they could bring some closure to the characters, but honestly I don't see Disney going through the effort (maybe if the last seasons of Punisher and Jessica Jones just completely knock it out of the park).
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #343 on: December 13, 2018, 09:07:51 AM

Apparently, nobody can use these characters until 2 years after cancellation under the contracts, so it is a moot point until late 2020 at the earliest without some accomodation to Netflix.  However, it is something that apparently will be discussed at Disney Streaming: https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/daredevil-luke-cage-and-more-may-migrate-to-disney/1100-6464080/
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 06:29:14 AM by jgsugden »

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #344 on: December 28, 2018, 09:16:48 AM

Wow, that may have been the most nothing story ever posted.

Disney Exec: Yeah, we've talked about it but there's nothing to announce.

DUH?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #345 on: December 28, 2018, 09:21:03 AM

On a 'you know, thread related note' I watched season 3.

It was good.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #346 on: December 29, 2018, 09:21:39 AM

Wow, that may have been the most nothing story ever posted.

Disney Exec: Yeah, we've talked about it but there's nothing to announce.

DUH?
Saying it is on the table means it is not off the table - which was a distinct possibility. Many were assuming these characters were indefinitely shelved. 

At this point, I'd almost be surprised not to see this Kingpin in a Spider-man property in the next 4 years.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #347 on: December 29, 2018, 11:43:23 AM

I'm not sure everyone in this thread understands what 'indefinitely' means.

Because these characters are quite literally 'indefinitely' shelved.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #348 on: December 29, 2018, 01:32:41 PM

Yeah. "Indefinitely" simply means: until something definitive. Definitive could be 'tomorrow we decide to make a new Defenders on Disney'.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #349 on: May 20, 2022, 06:52:46 AM

So, uhh...bump...

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/daredevil-disney-plus-series-matt-corman-chris-ord-1235272299/

Looks like it's coming back, though no word on casting.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Marvel's Daredevil  
Jump to: