Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:46:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen turns out to be a real game (real bad, geddit?) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen turns out to be a real game (real bad, geddit?)  (Read 326559 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #315 on: January 21, 2014, 02:52:19 AM

Sometrollone just pledged 10k  awesome, for real

Hmm, I wonder which pot of money Brad dipped into to make that donation, hookers or blow? awesome, for real

pledge withdrawn  DRILLING AND MANLINESS  awesome, for real

And as a result, trending level has fallen below $900k and reduced the pledge level a whole point from 24% to 23%.  Fucking  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #316 on: January 21, 2014, 04:11:02 AM

pledge withdrawn  DRILLING AND MANLINESS  awesome, for real

You mean someone didn't want to be flown to the Studio and design a dungeon or a raid with the devs?  Heartbreak

Hic sunt dracones.
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #317 on: January 21, 2014, 06:37:25 AM

And as a result, trending level has fallen below $900k and reduced the pledge level a whole point from 24% to 23%.  Fucking  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Yep, it's really close now. That $200k they "lost" in trending is an extra week they could make payroll before giving up the towel. This is exciting!
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #318 on: January 21, 2014, 06:56:14 AM

Punishing group only gaming?  What could possibly go wrong?  PvP?

That Paragon pledge is just astounding.  For $250 you get to work for us unpaid and we reserve the right to cancel you at any time!  Punishment is your reward!  Clean my boots! 
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #319 on: January 21, 2014, 07:10:44 AM

I laughed when I saw that. Who thought it was a good idea to put in a tier where you pay to be a QA peon? Fucking lol.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #320 on: January 21, 2014, 07:13:34 AM

Think of it as an unpaid internship, if you REALLY want an in to the game development biz that has to be as good as any, right?  awesome, for real

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #321 on: January 21, 2014, 07:36:42 AM

Is it something that you could put on a resume?  If so, would you?   why so serious?

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #322 on: January 21, 2014, 07:51:55 AM

I have seen candidates for game design positions list beta testing experience on their CVs. There was one particular winner* who had no dev experience whatsoever but provided us with a text file of all the feedback he'd given to the dev team of the last MMO that he'd beta tested so that we could see that he was full of good ideas.

*Not a winner.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #323 on: January 21, 2014, 07:52:27 AM

That Paragon pledge is just astounding.  For $250 you get to work for us unpaid and we reserve the right to cancel you at any time!  Punishment is your reward!  Clean my boots! 

Actually the best part of that is reading the comments (yes I was bored this morning).  Paragon tier lets you be a QA person but does not give you a free subscription, and another tier doesn't let you be QA but gives you a free (or $1) year subscription and people were agonizingly trying to pick which one was better.

Also the "I have computer experience so I would be good to help find issues" is quite amusing.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #324 on: January 21, 2014, 08:00:44 AM

It's kinda sad seeing the people weaned on post-WoW MMO gaming, having never dabbled in EQ, Meridian, or anything 1st/2nd gen rave about this game.  They have no idea just how much of a let-down they're in for.

The Pantheon sub over at Reddit is head-over-heels for this game.  If you want to look at the echo-chamber they're constructing, I'd swing by there and observe.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #325 on: January 21, 2014, 08:03:31 AM

The current generation of gamer doesn't have the attention span to play original EQ.  Ever watch streams of people playing LoL?  Constantly alt+tabbing, hitting tab to check stats, etc.  Does every gamer under 25 have a debilitating case of ADD?  I'm just going to assume that Darwin will take care of this by killing most of them off as they text and drive.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #326 on: January 21, 2014, 08:04:40 AM

Paragon tier lets you be a QA person but does not give you a free subscription, and another tier doesn't let you be QA but gives you a free (or $1) year subscription and people were agonizingly trying to pick which one was better..
Every since the infamous UO counselor lawsuit, MMOs can't provide free subscriptions in exchange for anything that could be considered work that would normally be paid. They have zero choice there.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #327 on: January 21, 2014, 08:23:00 AM

If you're bored, visit the Kick Traq page and drill into the Daily Data tab. It has charts!

Average comments per day: 277. If you're really bored, go mine the KS comment thread  why so serious?

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #328 on: January 21, 2014, 08:39:05 AM

Actually the best part of that is reading the comments (yes I was bored this morning).  Paragon tier lets you be a QA person but does not give you a free subscription, and another tier doesn't let you be QA but gives you a free (or $1) year subscription and people were agonizingly trying to pick which one was better.

Also the "I have computer experience so I would be good to help find issues" is quite amusing.

The KS is amazingly bad. Just from format, design, presentation, details, tier management, marketing strategy. For fuck sake they "revealed a class" last week and thought it was an awesome thing.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #329 on: January 21, 2014, 08:40:51 AM

The current generation of gamer doesn't have the attention span to play original EQ.  Ever watch streams of people playing LoL?  Constantly alt+tabbing, hitting tab to check stats, etc.  Does every gamer under 25 have a debilitating case of ADD?  I'm just going to assume that Darwin will take care of this by killing most of them off as they text and drive.

To be fair, the tabbing in league is to check your opponents items or lack of items (i.e. knowing when someone placed a ward).
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #330 on: January 21, 2014, 08:45:55 AM

Paragon tier lets you be a QA person but does not give you a free subscription, and another tier doesn't let you be QA but gives you a free (or $1) year subscription and people were agonizingly trying to pick which one was better..
Every since the infamous UO counselor lawsuit, MMOs can't provide free subscriptions in exchange for anything that could be considered work that would normally be paid. They have zero choice there.

While that's true, it's not a free subscription it's a $1 subscription I think.  Also you are getting the subscription because you are paying for a KS tier, so it's not exactly the same thing.

Regardless, my point is more along the lines of it's extremely funny to watch people having a crisis because they have to choose wheither to pay to be unpaid QA slaves or if they should get a full year subscription for essentially nothing.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #331 on: January 21, 2014, 10:04:32 AM

I'm torn whether I want this KS to fail so I can get the instant gratification of lulz or have it succeed so I can get some epic lulz at a later date after the fanboys build this up as MMO Jesus only to watch it crash and burn. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #332 on: January 21, 2014, 10:05:14 AM

Apparently some more money just got pulled out in the last hour.  Down another 1% to 22%, trend level dropped to 101% of goal.

Woot!

sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #333 on: January 21, 2014, 10:10:08 AM

I guess a lot of people are looking to fuck with him. First time I've heard of that sort of thing actually making a difference on kickstarter.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #334 on: January 21, 2014, 10:31:34 AM

I can imagine any number of people who stood in a certain parking lot might have an interest in screwing with his new project and him.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #335 on: January 21, 2014, 10:40:00 AM

While that's true, it's not a free subscription it's a $1 subscription I think.  Also you are getting the subscription because you are paying for a KS tier, so it's not exactly the same thing.

Regardless, my point is more along the lines of it's extremely funny to watch people having a crisis because they have to choose wheither to pay to be unpaid QA slaves or if they should get a full year subscription for essentially nothing.

All it would take is a single competent lawyer to tell Brad he can't do it either way.  If its work that can be paid and you set a schedule then you have to pay people for it. UO Counselors, AOL Mods and volunteer organizations have run into this time and again in the last 15 years.  The companies have all lost.

Chances they have retained such a lawyer or run the idea past them? None.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #336 on: January 21, 2014, 12:25:27 PM

It's a free year, then $1 per year thereafter.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #337 on: January 21, 2014, 12:30:30 PM

The gist of that lawsuit is that if you're doing a job that would normally be paid, they can't pay you anything less than that normal amount. So if QA staff usually gets $14/hour, they must pay the equivalent of $14/hour. It doesn't matter if you're happy to give away your time for a funny hat and a free subscription, since the lawsuit established precedent nobody will let you do that.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #338 on: January 21, 2014, 12:49:01 PM

sam, those are two different tiers. There's a $250 tier that lets you be a QA, and a $250 tier that gives you a free 1 year sob with $1/year thereafter. The sub isn't a "payment" for being a QA; you get nothing for your QA job except your name in the credits and a forum title or some silly shit.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #339 on: January 21, 2014, 01:15:43 PM

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #340 on: January 21, 2014, 01:27:26 PM

Such creativity.

-Rasix
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #341 on: January 21, 2014, 01:32:59 PM

Good lord... I have a request: When this KS fails, can we replace the OP with the Bubble Wizard picture, lock the thread, and never speak of McQuaid again?

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #342 on: January 21, 2014, 02:23:38 PM

Introducing The Dark Knight! He's a badass dude in black plate armor who is...also a NECROMANCER!  And...and...he devours souls!  And he...he rides a fucking Harley right?  And he has big-titted bitches that ride behind him while he does wheelies in the Kroger parking lot!

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #343 on: January 21, 2014, 02:28:29 PM

So Shadowknight?
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #344 on: January 21, 2014, 03:27:13 PM

With harm touch even.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #345 on: January 21, 2014, 03:30:17 PM

Such creativity.

Well the last class introduced was... THE CLERIC. Not a class introduced by D&D 40 f-ing years ago, really.

Hic sunt dracones.
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #346 on: January 21, 2014, 04:09:54 PM

The sub isn't a "payment" for being a QA; you get nothing for your QA job except your name in the credits and a forum title or some silly shit.
Yes, that is kind of the point. That's why they're exclusive.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #347 on: January 21, 2014, 04:17:30 PM

The Jane Austen MMO has a better shot than this.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #348 on: January 21, 2014, 04:33:40 PM

I'm torn whether I want this KS to fail so I can get the instant gratification of lulz or have it succeed so I can get some epic lulz at a later date after the fanboys build this up as MMO Jesus only to watch it crash and burn. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Why not both? KS fails, some idiot vulture capitalist gets suckered in because he used to play EQ back in the day and tops up the funding, and then it implodes.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #349 on: January 21, 2014, 05:18:25 PM

With harm touch even.

Harm touch is the least of it.  That's the exact same class symbol that the Shadowknights of EQ had. 

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen turns out to be a real game (real bad, geddit?)  
Jump to: