Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:20:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Captain America: The Winter Soldier 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Captain America: The Winter Soldier  (Read 38190 times)
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

on: October 24, 2013, 11:26:10 AM

First trailer for Captain America: The Winter Soldier is out now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLWsK1ZFunA

I am quite satisfied how it looks thus far.

beer geek.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 11:38:06 AM

SPROING!

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 12:41:20 PM

Hot damn that looks good.   awesome, for real
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 12:57:03 PM

I wasn't thrilled about the whole Bucky thing (I haven't bought a new comic in ages, and I'm just against it in principle) but I'm looking forward to seeing this now.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 01:06:22 PM

Our house is divided.  I'm teased, teaser trailer didn't tease wife.

Um.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 02:20:29 PM

Oh wow Robert Redford!  Falcon!  Black Widow!  Mask...dude..

Looks shit hot.  The elevator scene was great.  For some reason I really like that Widow is in this.  I guess I'm glad to see Avengers sticking together here, none seem to be helping Thor fight the 'Dark World'.

But Thor has Loki which will give it a HUGE boost.  
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 05:56:24 PM by Tannhauser »
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 02:26:49 PM

Widow finally gets a bigger role in this movie compared to the others.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 03:24:00 PM

Looks great, I'm in!

Though really?  Do they really need to keep up the trend that the Helicarriers only function in life is a prop to be destroyed spectacularly?  Can't they break Stereotypes!?   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 05:45:02 PM

The tone of this movie seems right.  No crazy supers and a slightly darker tone but not grim dark either.   I am enthused greatly.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 06:20:55 PM

Marvel said they are trying to change the overall feel of the movies so they don't feel like just another superhero movie.  Thor: Dark World is supposed to be like a war movie and where the original Cap was a period piece this is more like a modern spy-thriller.

And to add.. I'm really glad they didn't go with the traditional Falcon outfit.  I like this one better I think.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 06:51:38 PM

Who knew you could give a franchise like this to a couple of Community directors? Looks good.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 06:57:03 PM

Who's supposed to be the villain in this?

Over and out.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 07:01:52 PM

Winter Soldier is the main villain with Crossbones and Batroc the Leaper playing secondaries.  At least that's what I think.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 08:41:21 PM

Yeah, I'm in.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 10:16:55 PM

Very teaserish. Apart from the tone (which could be entirely trailer) I don't see much to get excited about. Yet.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 11:49:08 PM

Batroc reads like an anagram of a better villain name. Like Brocat.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 04:35:13 AM

Point, the first:
Is anyone ever going to point out to SLJ that helicarriers are bad idea?

Point, the second:
They are promising a lot of relatively dark thriller stuff in there. If they can cash that cheque, great, if not this is going to be IM3 all over again.

And the third:
Really making no effort outside of the male teen plus manchild demographics with that trailer. Kind of surprises me.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 04:43:17 AM

I kind of wonder if they are seeing if they can develop her into something that could carry a movie.

You'd think Johansson can pull box office but then I can't think of a film she has been the genuine lead in. Maybe the Island.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 25, 2013, 05:48:52 AM

I kind of wonder if they are seeing if they can develop her into something that could carry a movie.

You'd think Johansson can pull box office but then I can't think of a film she has been the genuine lead in. Maybe the Island.

I'm not too sure she can act, but I'm down with moar Natasha.

I believe, based on next to nothing, that this movie will be a Winter Soldier + original Nomad arc, only w/o the switch to Nomad. Redford = Number One.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 25, 2013, 08:06:14 AM

So this looks like something I definitely want to see, but I'm confused because I never read CA and have no clue who most of the people running around are supposed to be.  Besides BW and Fury and Cap, that is.  Anyone want to fill me in quick?

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: October 25, 2013, 10:36:15 AM

Did they make the Falcon look almost not lame? Amazing!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 25, 2013, 10:48:52 AM

So this looks like something I definitely want to see, but I'm confused because I never read CA and have no clue who most of the people running around are supposed to be.  Besides BW and Fury and Cap, that is.  Anyone want to fill me in quick?

Bucky
Falcon
Bob Woodward

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 25, 2013, 10:54:48 AM

Who is the villain?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #23 on: October 25, 2013, 11:19:40 AM

<Hero>: <Villain>
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: October 25, 2013, 11:31:56 AM

They're moving farther and farther from the comic book versions of secondary characters.  For example, the guy from the S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot was named after a character from the comics, but had nearly nothing in common with that character. 

I'm looking forward to Thor and Cap IIs.  I have high expectations.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: October 25, 2013, 11:59:05 AM

Not that much further than the comic reboots do.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: October 25, 2013, 12:03:34 PM

I guarantee 80% of people will walk into the film thinking it means Captain America is the winter soldier.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: October 25, 2013, 12:42:12 PM

I guarantee 80% of people will walk into the film thinking it means Captain America is the winter soldier.
Well, it's what I'd assumed until I read the wiki entry on Bucky that was linked above. 

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: October 25, 2013, 01:11:43 PM

Yeah, as I knew nowt really about Cap, this has now been totally spoilered for me.  Not that I'm bothered, since they'll give it away in the next trailer anyway.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #29 on: October 25, 2013, 01:43:50 PM

True.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: October 25, 2013, 02:14:07 PM

*raises hand*

I'm assuming Robert Redford doesn't pull on some spandex in this.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: October 25, 2013, 02:38:40 PM

*raises hand*

No spandex. But, halfway through the movie, he pulls off his mask to reveal his bright red skull face.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: October 25, 2013, 06:26:42 PM

*raises hand*

No spandex. But, halfway through the movie, he pulls off his mask to reveal his bright red skull face.

I think something along those lines is in store, but Redford trying to imitate Hugo Weaving's Skull would not really work IMHO.  I would think the reveal would be him being the son of the Skull or Baron Zemo or something along those lines...

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: October 25, 2013, 06:47:46 PM

Good lord.  Branaugh directs Thor, and now Redford's in the Cap movie.  What's next?  Derek Jacobi in a vampire movie?

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: October 25, 2013, 06:55:42 PM

Good lord.  Branaugh directs Thor, and now Redford's in the Cap movie.  What's next?  Derek Jacobi in a vampire movie?

Well Glen Close is in Guardians of the Galaxy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Captain America: The Winter Soldier  
Jump to: