Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:14:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: So reactivated my account 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So reactivated my account  (Read 86308 times)
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: June 04, 2014, 05:36:23 AM

Endie: I don't suppose you have an Aussie presence in BAT? As I recollect there were only 2 of us last time.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: June 05, 2014, 04:48:59 PM

You could call our insomniac crew an "Aussie presence". Hey, maybe I can get Aaron Static to play Eve again?
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #107 on: June 06, 2014, 07:42:38 AM

Back when I didn't work a real 9-5 job, I used to stay up overnight sometimes to play Eve with the Australians.  It's where I learned about covert hotdropping before it was in vogue!*

*It may have involved exposure to PenifSmash
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: June 10, 2014, 05:34:11 AM

Endie: I don't suppose you have an Aussie presence in BAT? As I recollect there were only 2 of us last time.

Like Setanta says, we have quite a few all-night US TZ people, some of whom are not always stoned.  But more interesting to you would be the fact that the bloc has an Aussie squad that actually does stuff most days, so far as i can see from the DT-ish broadcasts that go out.  Fawlty7 is the FC that seems to do most stuff with them.

Fake Edit: I checked and a few hours ago he sent this now-declassified broadcast:

"Fawlty7 sent a web broadcast to asshole_squad containing:
x if you are able to get to [deleted system name] and get into an ahac or harpy like right now."

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #109 on: June 20, 2014, 07:08:03 AM

Let's all have a laugh at me.

I gave Kall 500 million to buy his loyalty help him get started, and he tossed back 400m my way a few days ago.  Three days before he returned the isk, another buddy of mine asked for a high-value loan to help him get set up in a wormhole to the tune of 10 billion.  So the last two transactions in my transaction log are 10b out, 400m in, and I received an email essentially saying "here is some of the isk you loaned me, sorry I can't pay it all back".

I didn't look closely at the name and sort of flipped out, assuming I was now out 9.6 billion.

I'm dumb.

Sorry Kall  swamp poop
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: June 20, 2014, 12:21:04 PM

Haha, I read the mail going "wtf, is he fucking around with me or did I miss something"

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: June 20, 2014, 12:54:07 PM

Been there. Big loans will eat at you if you let them. So don't let them.  awesome, for real
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #112 on: June 20, 2014, 01:09:20 PM

I don't usually, but it was a guy I've known for years and thought he was saying "Thanks, fuck you, bye!"  Betrayals hurt, man!
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: June 20, 2014, 02:05:16 PM

I'm pretty sure that if I was given 10 billion and was going to screw you over I probably wouldn't have given the 400million back lol
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: June 21, 2014, 06:38:42 AM

Well, you are in a wormhole now.  I wish him luck hunting you down to collect. Grin

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: June 23, 2014, 12:39:24 AM

Since we're talking about losing spacemoneys: CCP finally nerfed T2 BPOs after years and years of people telling them to do it already. Sadly this came soon after I acquired some myself. Fuck.

Oh well, easy comes, easy goes.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: June 23, 2014, 01:05:37 AM

How are they nurfed?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: June 23, 2014, 01:52:24 AM

Their research values will be fixed and pointless, meaning invention will bring in more profit compared to using an original.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: June 23, 2014, 01:59:49 AM

Since we're talking about losing spacemoneys:

I was just running a T4 mission for boredom's sake, thought I'd do just one more... bastion up and start nuking only to lose all control of my modules and then cop multiple socket errors at once. Log in to my pod because bastion = no emergency warp :D

2014.06.22 08:10:00

Victim: xxxxxxxxxx
Corp: xxxxxxxxxxx
Alliance: Unknown
Faction: Unknown
Destroyed: Vargur
System: xxxxxx
Security: 0.6
Damage Taken: 52167

Involved parties:

Name: Elite Drone Parasite / Unknown (laid the final blow)
Damage Done: 52167

Destroyed items:

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Large Projectile Ambit Extension II
Tracking Speed Script (Cargo)
Salvager II
Gist X-Type 100MN Afterburner
Hobgoblin II, Qty: 2 (Drone Bay)
Large Projectile Burst Aerator I
Barrage L, Qty: 1984 (Cargo)
Bastion Module I
Republic Fleet Fusion L, Qty: 2068 (Cargo)
Republic Fleet EMP L, Qty: 100
Tracking Enhancer II
800mm Repeating Cannon II
Tracking Computer II
Hammerhead II, Qty: 2 (Drone Bay)
Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L, Qty: 2680 (Cargo)
Republic Fleet Titanium Sabot L, Qty: 2060 (Cargo)
Pith X-Type Shield Boost Amplifier

Dropped items:

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Small Tractor Beam II
Hobgoblin II, Qty: 3 (Drone Bay)
Tracking Enhancer II
Pith X-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Angel Diamond Tag (Cargo)
Republic Fleet EMP L, Qty: 3348 (Cargo)
Hammerhead II, Qty: 3 (Drone Bay)
Optimal Range Script
Small Remote Armor Repairer II

2 billion all up - ah well, I'd just paid it off :D

Right before I'd put enough ISK together to re-finance going back to 0.0

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: June 23, 2014, 04:57:33 AM

Their research values will be fixed and pointless, meaning invention will bring in more profit compared to using an original.

After living through the tech 2 BPO Only era, I hope the tears and anger were strong enough to reopen the Earth-Eve Gate.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: June 26, 2014, 04:42:10 AM

I don't really know about the angst. The T2 BPO owners have always been a thin minority and I can say having been on both sides of the fence I still think it's a good change, but it's too late. That loophole was sucked dry long ago and everyone who made bank have moved onto other ventures already.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: July 01, 2014, 05:08:51 AM

After two years playing World of Tanks I'm back in Eve.   Jumped into the first wormhole I found just to look around.

Scanning is different, many ships have changed, and we now have racial destroyers and battle cruisers.  Many changes.
Aiwass
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: July 08, 2014, 11:17:21 AM

There are even entire new classes of ships. Maurader,Black-ops and the SoE ships. Loving the Sansha bonus changes, finally can unshroud my ships and use them!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: July 10, 2014, 03:28:37 AM

Since we're talking about losing spacemoneys:

I was just running a T4 mission for boredom's sake, thought I'd do just one more... bastion up and start nuking only to lose all control of my modules and then cop multiple socket errors at once. Log in to my pod because bastion = no emergency warp :D

2 billion all up - ah well, I'd just paid it off :D

Right before I'd put enough ISK together to re-finance going back to 0.0

You don't need money to come back to nullsec.  You just need to be in Bat Country and make a profit on every ship you lose in PvP.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #124 on: July 10, 2014, 08:57:46 PM

So I am now working third shift and its so fuckin slow, I need something to do. Thinking about playing this again...probably roams and suicide ganking (no change). Anyone got a half ass ganker character I could use? (I'll rat sec status back up, and give ya a cut of ganks till I make enough to buy a character). I gave away/sold my old shit...still have a couple crap accounts but wouldn't reactivate them unless I had something at least halfway decent to rock.

I'd love to roll with BC again, and I'm pretty ok at internet spaceships.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: July 12, 2014, 02:38:27 AM

Slay, pm me, I have a guy you can use.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #126 on: July 12, 2014, 05:00:09 PM

Poke me when you resub, too.  I might actually have some time to play again soon.
Aiwass
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: July 15, 2014, 12:35:39 AM

holy fuck are plex expensive. I need a new profession for isk, was solo running lowsec plexes but it appears like the areas are so saturated (changes to probing) now. Gonna be hard for me to find a better way to make solo and cheap isk Cthulu Maybe some worm holing?

Looks like my alliance,corp is also in stasis:(
WayAbvPar

Reply #128 on: July 15, 2014, 08:42:49 AM

0.0 anoms pay $15-20M per tick in an Ishtar, and you can do it AFK if you want to risk it (lost one yesterday when went to pee  Heartbreak ). If you are in high sec, stop being in high sec.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #129 on: July 15, 2014, 09:01:14 AM

Or teach yourself to enjoy trading and start playing the market.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: July 15, 2014, 02:55:11 PM

So I recently became a corp (anti-)hero. I was hunting targets around lowsec and I scanned down a mining party complete with Orca, quickly found their belt and got a tackle on the Orca. Gave a shout in corp chat for everyone to come help, just noticing CONCORD warp in and blap my Cynabal. Turns out it was a 0.5 system and I hadn't noticed.

The Orca pilot preceded to put a kill right on me which in turn led to me losing a Damnation after getting bumped off a gate near Amarr. The funniest part is we just joined a new alliance who they're trying to impress. I know there was a million ways to prevent all that, but hey at least I have given some comedy value to the corp.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: July 15, 2014, 02:56:34 PM

Poke me when you resub, too.  I might actually have some time to play again soon.

Just make sure not to rage at him inadvertently   why so serious?
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #132 on: July 16, 2014, 05:52:59 AM

Where's the money, Lebowski?
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: July 18, 2014, 12:01:53 PM

I was thinking of checking back in. Do Gallente Drone boats still suck? Because I was flying some Gallente BS stuffed to the gills with drones, which suited my playstyle of "Kill you from over here, while you shoot at something that's not my expensive boat".
WayAbvPar

Reply #134 on: July 18, 2014, 12:54:31 PM

For PVE, drones are easily the best option. Pretty good for PvP too, actually  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Ishtars with T2 heavies or a mix of Geckos and med and light T2s are standard and can run pretty much any anomaly.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #135 on: July 18, 2014, 01:59:07 PM

Also, the dominix was in vogue for a while as a large fleet PvP beast.  And carriers are all about sentry drones, too.

My info may be out of date, but Gallente has been hot shit for a few years now.
WayAbvPar

Reply #136 on: July 18, 2014, 03:10:19 PM

Also, the dominix was in vogue for a while as a large fleet PvP beast.  And carriers are all about sentry drones, too.

Yeah they nerfed drone assist about a week after I finished training for T2 sentries  Ohhhhh, I see.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: July 18, 2014, 03:59:39 PM

Yeah they nerfed drone assist about a week after I finished training for T2 sentries  Ohhhhh, I see.
I think, at least when I quit, that I pretty much had the ability to do damn near anything with practically any t2 drone. I think I was branching out into stealth stuff (with an eye towards co-ovps) and interdictors out of boredom -- I wanted to put together a useful role in PvP. And then Bat Country more or less went "Eh". :)

I think I was running the lvl 4 complexes in a Dom.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: July 18, 2014, 05:44:30 PM

My impression is that drones rock, but the drone UI sucks.  All other weapons (including missiles) have the niceties of weapon groups and activating your weapon via a single key push (F1).  Drones = lots of right-clicking in a tiny window.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: July 18, 2014, 06:12:25 PM

Kugu is gone. During the great wars it was the place I went to see what the other side was saying, and the forum battles to go along with the space battles. Where will I go now to browse about battles and drama? Mittani.com isn't it.

Now is your chance F13.net! Get them here, and be THE place to come to for out of game discussions for a game dooming itself to irrelevance!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: So reactivated my account  
Jump to: