Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:16:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 5.4 - Needs more kitchen sink 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 5.4 - Needs more kitchen sink  (Read 116006 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: June 12, 2013, 05:53:07 AM

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3274-Patch-5-4-PTR-Build-17056

Because copy/pasta of that entire page would probably break things here.

Highlights:

- Siege of Orgrimmar + boss list
- Season 14 and tier 16 gears
- Patch 5.4 adds Virtual Realms, which will essentially merge lower population realms. This will allow you to keep playing on your current realm, but do arenas, raids, and dungeons with people in your realm group, as well as use a merged Auction House and trade with other players in your realm group.
- Patch 5.4 also adds Proving Grounds, with four different difficulty levels for trials: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Endless. Endless difficulty matches you up against enemies of constantly increasing difficulty.
- Patch 5.4 also adds a new scenario: The Celestial Tournament. Its achievement is listed under Pet Battles.
- A new Darkmoon boss will make an appearance, a giant Dire Wolf. He appears to drop a pet, a mount, and a transmog weapon.
- A new pet battle tournament is coming to the Timeless Isle.
- The chance for awarding loot from kills or bonus rolls has been increased for Mogu'shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, Terrace of Endless Spring, and Throne of Thunder on Raid Finder difficulty.
- The chance for awarding loot from using a bonus roll has been increased for Throne of Thunder on Normal difficulty.
- Players who obtain a realm-best time in a Challenge Mode dungeon will receive a temporary title specific to each dungeon which will persist for as long as a player retains the top time on the realm. They will also receive a Feat of Strength.
- All permanent item enhancements provided by Enchanting, Engineering, Leatherworking, Tailoring, and various vendors and quests are now able to be applied to items of any level. The effects of these enchantments will be scaled down to the level of the player using the item.

Corrupted Garrosh is basically a Garrosh/Sha hybrid.  Looks alright.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 06:07:51 AM

- Patch 5.4 adds Virtual Realms, which will essentially merge lower population realms. This will allow you to keep playing on your current realm, but do arenas, raids, and dungeons with people in your realm group, as well as use a merged Auction House and trade with other players in your realm group.

This will be huge for some low pop servers if this works out well.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 01:18:47 PM

So it's basically server mergers but don't call it server mergers because that's bad!

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 01:29:18 PM

So it's basically server mergers but don't call it server mergers because that's bad!

Yep. Kinda shows how purposeless "servers" are now.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 02:08:51 PM

Well, people get to retain their character/guild names, so it's not as abrasive as real server merges.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 04:06:49 PM

I REALLY would like to fight a boss who isn't corrupted by old gods/burning legions/dark magics. Can't we just kill Garrosh because, fuck that guy?

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 04:16:51 PM

No because OMGBIAS

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 04:22:01 PM

Not sure which bias you mean but I think horde players hate him more than alliance.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 04:23:12 PM

I mean Metzen's a moron and thinks there's a bias if you don't go to the Old God well for the umpteenth time.

EDIT:

Metzen boss ideas:

- Corrupted by Old Gods?
- Require both sides to ally against a greater threat?
- Undead and or possibly decaying?
- Bugs?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 04:25:01 PM by Paelos »

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 04:24:20 PM

Oh yeah, wow storytelling at it's finest.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 04:39:06 PM

I REALLY would like to fight a boss who isn't corrupted by old gods/burning legions/dark magics. Can't we just kill Garrosh because, fuck that guy?
To be fair, Garrosh isn't so much "corrupted by Old Gods" as "Thought his father had the right idea, just the wrong power source". Is it really "corruption" per se when he's sending teams out to dig up the dead (hah) heart of a slain (ahaha) Old God so he can barbeque it the next time he gets the munchies?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 04:43:30 PM

He's a douche in need of a sharp axe any way you spin it. It's not that he becomes corrupt in the way he falls from grace, since he never had any. It's more about mixing in ancient powers, old gods and EEEEEVIL when there is no good reason for it.  It's because Metzen doesn't think you can write epic or compelling stories without an evil mcguffin.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 04:45:15 PM

Yeah, but Hellscream. "Like father, like son" isn't exactly original but it's more justification than most 'felnethercorruption' plots.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 05:21:54 PM

Do they explain what/how the Alliance is doing in the siege? I haven't kept up to date on my Metzen fan fiction in a long time now.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 09:15:31 PM

It's ok.  We will have plenty of time to get over yet another "corrupted" boss by time we get to the last expantion where we deal with Sargeras, the corrupted Titan.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 09:50:24 AM

I don't think Garrosh will be "corrupted" in the sense that other bosses have been. There isn't anything indicating that he's lost control of himself to the Old God and the Dungeon Journal doesn't seem to suggest this either. More likely, he's still 100% Douchebag Garrosh but is using the old god "Heart" he found in Pandaria as a weapon against us.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 10:01:29 AM

Also, about the Vale in the next patch
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 10:51:32 AM

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 11:02:53 AM

Will they also be removing the rep requirements on the Golden Lotus' Leatherworking recipes?
Or, offering alternate ways to get rep?

Or is this all happening in a phase.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 02:36:41 PM

Do they explain what/how the Alliance is doing in the siege? I haven't kept up to date on my Metzen fan fiction in a long time now.
The Alliance is 'supporting' the Darkspear in their revolt in the time-honoured strategy of "Let's you and him fight". Plus at least half the (long) list of "People with a reason to be pissed off at Hellscream Jr" are Alliance starting with Jaina, then King Rip Steakface and so on.

e: As it happens, I was doing the 5.3 quest on my highest level Alliance alt tonight -

« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 02:49:31 PM by Simond »

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 10:38:12 AM

Hey guys, remember how everyone hated the Golden Lotus dailies in the Vale of Eternal Blossom?

Good news!

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 10:49:45 AM

Ohhh. The Mogu'nath got knocked down.  Heartbreak

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: June 20, 2013, 10:54:33 AM

http://ptr.wowdb.com/achievements/8448-gamon-will-save-us#17056-17093

Gamon Will Save Us!   10 Points

Defeat General Nazgrim in Siege of Orgrimmar on Flexible, Normal, or Heroic difficulty while Gamon is alive and participating in the battle.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Also: Garrosh isn't corrupted. He's using Sha/Old God-blood to empower himself, but it's been his decision all along and he's still in control.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: June 20, 2013, 01:20:21 PM

Going to the old god well never gets old does it?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #24 on: June 20, 2013, 01:43:49 PM

Ragnaros - corrupted by banishment
Nefarian - always a dick
C'Thun - actual old god
Kael'Thas - corrupted by magic addiction
Kel'Thuzad - corrupted by Lich King
Lady Vashj - corrupted by the Great Sundering
Illidan - corrupted by the skull of the guy who was corrupted by Kil'jaden.
Yogg Saron - actual old god
Arthas - corrupted by a sword
Deathwing - corrupted by old gods
Garrosh - corrupted by old god blood

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 20, 2013, 02:18:28 PM

Nefarian - always a dick
C'Thun - actual old god

Ragnaros and all the elemental lords I believe were supposed to be servants of the old gods right? At least Ragnaros was.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: June 21, 2013, 11:28:16 AM

Nefarian - always a dick
C'Thun - actual old god
Sorry, I wasn't clear - that statement in my earlier post is a paraphrase of the dev team. to wit: Garrosh isn't corrupted, he's fully in control and juicing himself on dead Old God blood because he thinks its a good idea, not because someone's whispering commands to do it in his head. In other words, the only lesson he learnt from his father was "Demons = Bad" instead of, you know, "Becoming a power-hungry fascist maniac is a bed idea in and of itself, demon blood just made it worse".

Going to the old god well never gets old does it?
Yeah, it's not like they've been building up to this since the very first quest hub in MoP or anything.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 21, 2013, 12:15:24 PM

No, they weren't eluding to old gods since the very first quest. Yes they probably planned to have it be an old god the whole time but they never eluded to anything except that Sha fed off negative emotions.  That it's another old god imprisoned by titans was likely planned but never really for-shadowed and quite frankly it's a story they've already told in WOTLK with Yogg Saron, it's just lazy storytelling to have another old god being responsible.

It was fun the first time, cool the second but it's really getting old.  Also Garrosh didn't even learn that "demons=bad cause he's doing the exact same thing. 

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #28 on: June 21, 2013, 01:01:17 PM

I'd like for somebody just to be evil because they are either a dick bent on crushing people, or because they were trying to achieve good through really bad means. Not because they were corrupted by outside forces. Unless you are a demon, you're usually corrupted by some power of the old gods.

The closest we got was the Blood Prince. He was making shady ass alliances to save his people and went way too far. Arthas I can't really say was completely corrupted either, because he was always a flawed hero looking for any means necessary long before the sword came along.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #29 on: June 21, 2013, 01:02:49 PM

It doesn't matter how long they were planning it, it's just shamefully predictable at this point.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: June 21, 2013, 01:28:29 PM

Yeah, I'd really like to have a villain that was bad for the sake of being bad as opposed to this "old god" nonsense.  The problem is
Sargeras, the corrupted Titan.

All roads lead back to this douche.  There wouldn't have been an "evil" Horde without him, or the Lich King, Illidan, or any of the non-corrupted villains.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: June 21, 2013, 01:40:21 PM

Sargeras wasn't corrupted originally was he? I thought he was just evil and they will probably retcon corruption somewhere.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #32 on: June 21, 2013, 01:44:39 PM

Sargeras wasn't corrupted originally was he? I thought he was just evil and they will probably retcon corruption somewhere.

He was supposedly altruistic and just, and then corrupted by the Dreadlords. So yes, they retconned in some corruption.

Of course nobody knows anything about why the demons are demons or where they come from. Because we can't go that far back.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #33 on: June 21, 2013, 01:45:47 PM

The demons are all titan street cleaning machines who suffered the curse of flesh and were then corrupted by the old gods!  why so serious?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #34 on: June 21, 2013, 01:48:49 PM

But who corrupted the old gods!!!

ACK!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 5.4 - Needs more kitchen sink  
Jump to: