Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:22:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 5.4 - Needs more kitchen sink 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 5.4 - Needs more kitchen sink  (Read 116007 times)
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: June 12, 2014, 08:53:28 AM

You'd think they'd get a boost from bringing in people that were working on Titan. I don't know how many came over to WoW, but they made it seem like it wasn't a small number.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: June 12, 2014, 09:00:04 AM

I wonder if they were planning to let players fly in Titan.
Or enjoy class abilities in PvE without worrying about whether they'd be nerfed for the sake of PvP "balance".
Or get visually similar armor sets from e-z mode raiding.
why so serious?

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #247 on: June 12, 2014, 09:01:58 AM

Titan's dead. That thing will never see the light of day. I sold my stock in ATVI the day I found out that news.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: June 12, 2014, 09:36:35 AM

Titan's dead. That thing will never see the light of day. I sold my stock in ATVI the day I found out that news.

Yes it's dead. I'm implying that the terrible ideas that Blizzard is implementing in WoFWAB were thought up by the Titan refugees.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #249 on: June 12, 2014, 10:13:12 AM

I don't really think the Titan people got moved back to Wow, other than the mainline grunts. I think the functional design people are on other projects we don't know about yet.

Blizzard is declaring that WoW has a terminal disease without saying it out loud. At other times when numbers have dropped, they've addressed it in the press along with a series of ideas that they believe will bring them back. In this particular case they are saying very little about the long gap and doing less.

I don't think Blizzard believes WoW can bring them back anymore. If they did, there would be more response to the flagging numbers than no content updates for 9 months. There would be more response to customer problems rather than removing flying from the xpac, in a move we can only assume will reduce development efforts on art assets, and bring back invisible walls. There would be more response to the criticisms of investors that the company has now assumed over four and a half billion dollars in debt.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 10:14:51 AM by Paelos »

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #250 on: June 12, 2014, 11:35:26 AM

Sometime around '09 I thought they'd said they only planned for the game through level 100 anyway.  It's reaching the expected end of the lifecycle. 

I believe they planned for players to transition to Titan once this next x-pac was over in their initial plans. I'm willing to bet they didn't have a plan B, because they've been riding pretty high for a while.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: June 12, 2014, 12:44:41 PM

Sometime around '09 I thought they'd said they only planned for the game through level 100 anyway.  It's reaching the expected end of the lifecycle. 

I believe they planned for players to transition to Titan once this next x-pac was over in their initial plans. I'm willing to bet they didn't have a plan B, because they've been riding pretty high for a while.
Nah, that was fanwank by idiots like the "Here's all the expansions" fake-leak.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 5.4 - Needs more kitchen sink  
Jump to: