Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:56:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn  (Read 382155 times)
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #910 on: August 10, 2018, 10:51:47 AM

How do you store all the equipment for so many high level jobs? Have they loosened on that in the last few years?

That's my struggle right now - inventory space.  I have a lot of gear sitting on my two retainers and my personal inventory is pretty full right now, too.  For now, I've been passing on gear that I don't have a class/job for (mainly warrior/monk/rogues atm) and a lot of stuff can be used by a type rather than being job specific - so WHM/AST/CNJ/SCH can all use the same gear more or less, so it makes it easy to keep and share.  The individual slots in the armor inventory go up to 35 for each slot but even with that I have trouble.  I basically just told myself that if it wasn't pink/green/blue and/or untradeable, then I was going to either sell it or convert it to materia if I could.  For classes leveling up, I'd either use what I had if I could, or buy gear.  *shrug*  There's no other way to do it, IMO.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #911 on: September 03, 2018, 06:40:03 AM

In more news no one cares about, I got my SAM to 70, my RDM is 61, and my AST is 41. It's crazy easy to level a healer but I need to get to 50 to really takes advantage of the roulettes. I'd level even faster on a tank but refuse to play one right now so the DRK is only 35. I haven't been on my DRG (41) or MCH (30) in a while, since they can only do class quests or the leveling roulette at this time.  Part of me feels like I'm behind on things since FC mates are doing Pagos but I haven't even opened that area yet. And part of me is happy to just do my own thing when I feel like it, no pressure.

I solved my inventory space issues by getting rid of all gear under level 50. That's the level when the item level takes a huge jump so anything under that isn't worth storing. I'll just buy any gear I need until then.

I finally got my squadron up in level enough to do command quests with them, meaning I can use NPCs to fill out a party. That's how I leveled the DRK a bit. It's a neat game mechanic actually, just takes some time sending them off on missions (18 hours to complete) or doing skill training (1 hour to complete).

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #912 on: September 03, 2018, 07:04:25 AM

I downloaded this as a free trial on PS4. Hoping that learning to use the controller won't take too long to 'get.' I messed around with a controller on FFXI since technically that was a port, but the keyboard was much quicker with hotkeys rather than menu scrolling - however, the slower pace of FFXI didn't put menu scrolling that far as a disadvantage.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #913 on: September 04, 2018, 07:55:11 AM

That I can't help with, I play on PC.  I know a few friends who play on console but no idea how they manage it.

What server/world did you end up on?  I'm on Faerie under this same name, if you end up converting to the full game (trial locks you down pretty hard).

Terracotta Army

Reply #914 on: September 04, 2018, 09:30:07 AM

That I can't help with, I play on PC.  I know a few friends who play on console but no idea how they manage it.

What server/world did you end up on?  I'm on Faerie under this same name, if you end up converting to the full game (trial locks you down pretty hard).

Jenova I believe.

I had the game long ago prior to Heavensward on PC and liked it for the most part - just not enough to keep at it with the monthly sub. I played a little so far and the controller is not terrible, with the hotkeys and such but it is definitely going to take a hot minute to find a rhythm.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #915 on: September 05, 2018, 07:32:50 AM

Two of the fastest, most responsive healers I played with both used controllers because it was faster for them than the keyboard.  Strictly anecdotal, but I couldn't even come close to being as fast as they were.  Obviously it comes with practice and proper mapping of abilities to keys for optimal use, but the controller isn't a problem for this game.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #916 on: September 13, 2018, 08:24:11 AM

Sometimes the class quests are the most frustrating things around.  I am having a bitch of a time getting past the level 60 RDM quest and I keep failing.  I just leveled to 63 last night, so I'm over the quest level as it is and my gear is all level 60 stuff, but I'm just not putting out enough damage to take the enemy NPC down quickly and/or keep myself and the stupid partner NPC alive.  Ugh.

OTOH, I do enjoy playing RDM a fair amount.

Terracotta Army

Reply #917 on: September 13, 2018, 10:29:14 AM

Sometimes the class quests are the most frustrating things around.  I am having a bitch of a time getting past the level 60 RDM quest and I keep failing.  I just leveled to 63 last night, so I'm over the quest level as it is and my gear is all level 60 stuff, but I'm just not putting out enough damage to take the enemy NPC down quickly and/or keep myself and the stupid partner NPC alive.  Ugh.

OTOH, I do enjoy playing RDM a fair amount.

I miss my FFXI red mage...

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #918 on: September 20, 2018, 01:10:31 PM

Is that a Miqo'te or however it's spelled?  The nose looks a bit weird.

Patch 4.4 went in on Monday and I finally had a chance to update and log in last night.  It's been a while since I've played around a major patch day but even 15+ years down the line, I'm still amazed at how quickly the hardcore will churn through content.  I don't know how many additional MSQ quests were added but apparently there are people already done with them.  I'm still poking around trying to avoid using my level 70 chars to do level 68 content, which I freely admit is silly, but in the meantime, I level other jobs.

Terracotta Army

Reply #919 on: September 20, 2018, 01:47:54 PM

Is that a Miqo'te or however it's spelled?  The nose looks a bit weird.

Patch 4.4 went in on Monday and I finally had a chance to update and log in last night.  It's been a while since I've played around a major patch day but even 15+ years down the line, I'm still amazed at how quickly the hardcore will churn through content.  I don't know how many additional MSQ quests were added but apparently there are people already done with them.  I'm still poking around trying to avoid using my level 70 chars to do level 68 content, which I freely admit is silly, but in the meantime, I level other jobs.

In FFXI, those were mithra and were only female. But yeah, that is the 14 equivalent

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #920 on: October 01, 2018, 08:52:11 AM

Well, finally finished the Main Stormblood expansion MSQ and that was an interesting ending.  Had two of my FC members help me out with the final instance and trial.  Now I only have 3 major patches worth of MSQ to and I'll be all caught up on that. 

Also pushed my AST to almost 50 by doing leveling roulettes.  It's almost pathetically easy to level a healer and get into roulettes, only surpassed by how easy it would be to level a tank (since they are always in demand).  Frankly, I just want to get that class into some decent gear.  Level 50 is a huge jump in item level for all jobs.

Terracotta Army

Reply #921 on: October 01, 2018, 09:41:35 AM

Well, finally finished the Main Stormblood expansion MSQ and that was an interesting ending.  Had two of my FC members help me out with the final instance and trial.  Now I only have 3 major patches worth of MSQ to and I'll be all caught up on that. 

Also pushed my AST to almost 50 by doing leveling roulettes.  It's almost pathetically easy to level a healer and get into roulettes, only surpassed by how easy it would be to level a tank (since they are always in demand).  Frankly, I just want to get that class into some decent gear.  Level 50 is a huge jump in item level for all jobs.

Neat. I'm closing in on Garuda in the ARR MSQ. Not sure if I want to continue taking the MSQ as WHM or RDM. unlock RDM and really enjoying it more than I thought. Still figuring out the muscle memory on the switching from casting to jumping in for melee then jumping out. More I play it though... more natural it is starting to feel.

Completely embarrassed myself in a PUG in a roulette dungeon - one that I have done before but 4 years ago and forgot all the mechanics. We got through it but I was screwing up the healing left and right - the one dps kept dying and I kept screwing up casting cure 3 instead of 2 and Holy which I was not aware was a point-blank spell. My group was not happy...but the perks of being a WHM/healer, they put up with it. I did feel bad about it though. Otherwise, I love the WHM cleric's armor look (even in FFXI). But RDM has the hat...

So we'll see if I want to switch over... I'll miss the instant grouping with my WHM, but definitely less hassle. Especially when you get tanks that like to not wear armor (yeah, inspected my pld tank and he was only wearing leather thigh high boots and leopard skin underwear on a hyar highlander male).

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #922 on: October 01, 2018, 11:23:02 AM

That's my biggest issue sometimes with switching classes - forgetting how to play that class if I haven't been on it in a while.  Since I'm on a PC and use the keyboard, I've tended to set up my hotkeys to be as close to the same as possible.  I think I'm going to switch the ones for my RDM around a bit though, since I have my "main" keys in the middle rather than on the left, i.e. my main spells are 5-6-7 rather than 1-2-3-4 like on my other classes.  I think that's because I have the physical attacks on 1-2-3 for whatever reason. 

I really wish the tool tips/descriptions that show up when you hover over a button could be made shorter.  I don't need a full description all the time, just the spell name when the icons start to all look the same.  It's annoying when you're a mouse user.

My most embarrassing thing to do as a healer is get myself killed, mostly because I'm too busy looking at people's health bars and not at the fight mechanics, which results in me standing in an AOE.  Oops! 

RDM is fun to play.  I enjoy it a lot but usually end up eventually going back to my SCH.  FC mate who helped me out yesterday was on his BRD and said he enjoys it a lot.  Makes me want to keep leveling that class more.  OTOH, MCH looks like fun as well.  I wouldn't mind leveling up my DRK more, because I've heard the storyline can be kind of dark as the WoL, but then I'd have to tank and to be honest, I don't pay enough attention to fight mechanics to be good as a tank.  I can barely remember what to do as a DPS most times, much less as a tank that needs to be in control of things.  I'm a lemming and run where everyone else is going.

Terracotta Army

Reply #923 on: October 01, 2018, 11:31:32 AM

When last I played in 2014 on PC, I took Bard up first and then moved to SCH. Really enjoyed SCH until I started hitting dungeons/raids that lead me to go into command overload. Basically, I'd just lose my mind and could figure out my next move/cast - trying to manage where to position my fairy and what I was doing in relation...hence why I went whm this time around. Still thinking about unlocking SCH... I just like the AF armor line at 50.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #924 on: October 08, 2018, 07:06:26 AM

So I guess this is the grindy part of the game.  I've hit a wall in doing the MSQ stuff because I need to have an iLevel of 300 to get into a required dungeon and my gear is only 292 (after tome farming last night).  The good part is playing on my SCH means I can get into groups fairly quickly.  The bad part is if I do all the roulettes (which isn't bad) that means I end up in the cutscene hell that is the MSQ ones.  You can't skip the cutscenes in those places and it's a running joke that people multitask in there.  OTOH, the rewards are higher than the other roulettes.

The downside was the one roulette I ended up in.  It was a level 68 dungeon (Doma Castle), so that was nice.  The tank, however, was in level 60 blue gear which was not nice.  He asked me if I wanted small or big pulls so I said smaller as I hadn't healed in there before.  After I struggled to keep him alive through the first two encounters, he charged into a large group and we ended up wiping there.  That's when I checked his gear, saw what he was wearing and before I said anything, he admitted his gear wasn't the best.  Like really, asshole?  He said this dungeon was the only place to get gear for him (you're a warrior, you can get drops anywhere!) and he didn't want to waste coin on buying crafted.  Asshole.  We wiped again on two more bosses but managed to finish out the dungeon without me quitting in disgust, because the other two (RDM and NIN) did a lot to keep themselves alive without a lot of help from me.  RDM healed herself when needed and I'm pretty sure she helped with the NIN, too.

Anyways, now I have a reason to play on my level 70 chars, because I need those other tomes to buy the end-game gear so I can keep moving on in the quest line.  As annoying as that sounds though, the roulettes are fairly short once you get into them (longer waits for DPS, shorter for Healers, non-existent for tanks).  It helps that the queues pull from all servers in a world and not just the one that you play on.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #925 on: October 18, 2018, 04:57:20 PM

Halloween holiday event is now live and it's cute and amusing.  I really enjoy these kinds of events because for me, it shows how the devs have fun as well.  The Haunted Mansion  quests are basically just seek-things-out quests, but there is a variety and you can do it repeatedly to buy the stuff however many times you like. 

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #926 on: October 27, 2018, 10:52:04 PM

Managing iLevel on your gear is a PITA.  Not that I minded dropping coin to upgrade a few things to make sure they were level 70 and higher iLevel gear, but sheesh.  Having to do it just so I can continue on in the MSQ just annoying.  At least I'm almost through with the current patches, needed to upgrade to do the instance trial for 4.3, then I'll be able to move to 4.4 and be completely caught up.  Finally.  Not bad for less than a year of playing very casually.

Terracotta Army

Reply #927 on: October 28, 2018, 04:35:40 AM

Managing iLevel on your gear is a PITA.  Not that I minded dropping coin to upgrade a few things to make sure they were level 70 and higher iLevel gear, but sheesh.  Having to do it just so I can continue on in the MSQ just annoying.  At least I'm almost through with the current patches, needed to upgrade to do the instance trial for 4.3, then I'll be able to move to 4.4 and be completely caught up.  Finally.  Not bad for less than a year of playing very casually.

Yeah... I about had a meltdown last night because I been grinding out the MSQ lvl50 stuff and I am on my way to the 5.4 group of quests and bam... locked. No idea why. I click on it and and says the requirements are not met... I had to do Ifrit, Garuda and Titan hard mode in order to progress. No where in the MSQ is that stated until that point. I am not playing this to be the best or get BiS gear. I just want to do the story (which is pretty good imho). I've been reading everything and watching all the cut scenes since Praetorium. Why on earth they made those hard mode required without actually putting a leader quest in the game is a bit jarring. Not to mention I already beat these things...I don't need to again and again.

Luckily, it only took about an hour to get into a duty finder group for them. That said, I hate those types of fights that are difficult just to be difficult. Died twice on Titan because of the massive amount of unavoidable AoE (caught in animation when the ground AoE went off and wasn't able to run out + lag I was having).

Terracotta Army

Reply #928 on: October 29, 2018, 05:50:47 AM

So finally got through all of ARR story. Setting aside my dislike of the hard mode shit being required, that story and the hour long set of cutscenes at the end was enough to make up for it. Sure, most of it was telegraphed but still, I enjoyed it for what it was worth.

Onwards... erm, heavenwards?

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #929 on: October 29, 2018, 06:19:23 AM

So finally got through all of ARR story. Setting aside my dislike of the hard mode shit being required, that story and the hour long set of cutscenes at the end was enough to make up for it. Sure, most of it was telegraphed but still, I enjoyed it for what it was worth.

Onwards... erm, heavenwards?

Heavensward was great, IMO.  I loved all the content, personally.   Thumbs up!

I finished all the current MSQ last night, so I'm officially caught up.  I still can't run any level 70 dungeons as part of the roulette because I'm missing something, I forget what at the moment.  Could be iLevel stuff again.  Luckily, according to the guildmates, the current levels of gear out there will be top until around mid-2019, so I at least have some time to gear up various chars, because I was told my i340 setup wasn't quite cutting it when I was doing the major instance for the 4.4 content.  Lovely. Still, I've got time and I managed to level my AST from 51 to 53 before I went to bed.  Two quick roulettes and BAM!  Now I have some time to work on other jobs instead of feeling like I need to finish the MSQ.

Terracotta Army

Reply #930 on: October 29, 2018, 08:20:56 AM

Finally got to Ishgard so now I can get DRK and hopefully level strictly through roulettes with it considering the queues and daily bonuses. I might tinker with the other two Ish jobs... Astro looks, odd and MCH i hear is horribad so I'll be definitely playing it as I have a soft spot for neglected jobs in games.  awesome, for real

But DRK is my main focus. Loved playing one in FFXI even if it was insanely difficult to get into leveling parties. Now being a tank class AND big ass sword? Sure... I'm in.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #931 on: October 29, 2018, 09:36:47 AM

AST is a healer class, so almost as easy to get into roulettes as a tank.  I picked that up along with DRK and MCH and have done bascially nothing with either.  Mostly because I was focusing on my SMN/SCH pairing (so nice you could level them at the same time since they are the same base class).  DRK I did manage to get past the first job quest after about a gazillion time trying.  I'm not sure I want to level a tank though, even with the fast track in roulettes, because I honestly am terrible with the boss mechanics in fights, especially at higher levels.  And healing DRKs is a huge PITA, IMO, but OTOH, I can cause other healers pain that I've lived through... decisions, decisions.  I did do a command squadron mission on the DRK (to Halatali or whatever it's called) and it went okay, I guess).

I have a friend who loves MCH for PVP, actually.  Don't know anyone who plays it regularly but now that I'm done with the MQS stuff, I'll be queuing up on that class to see what it's like.

Oh, back to AST - it's pretty much like other healers in the game, except that you get to draw cards that can provide different buffs for a short period of time (MP regen, ATK bonus, TP regen, etc.)

Terracotta Army

Reply #932 on: October 29, 2018, 10:58:13 AM

So full disclosure, I love being a tank in MMOs. I try and make a healer, do ok but the job is not my full cup of tea. Same with ranged, same with melee dps. I can play them, but nothing is as fun as getting my face bashed by a boss.

I had a PLD in FFXI and loved it, but this was back in the heyday of blink tanking and NIN stole all my invites. Here is this game, tanks are way more involved in the game mechanics which does make me shy away a bit. First job I took to 50 back when ARR came out and HW was a thought down the road was BRD. Fun, but really got caught with the SCH bug and healing in general. So times are seemingly changing. Hence why I am going to try my hand with MCH - but I might fall into the DRK trap as it is a tank...

a different tank.  why so serious?

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #933 on: November 05, 2018, 07:54:44 AM

I did another run through Hatali over the weekend on my DRK using the squadron team and... I didn't like it.  I'm not sure I'm going to keep leveling that job, at least not until I've leveled everything else available.  I did a roulette run on my MCH and had fun.  I'm only level 32? I think, so not too high yet but I enjoyed it.  Also got the DRG up a level or so doing levemetes since waiting on roulettes is a PITA for DPS.

A guildmate took me through floors 21-50 in Palace of the Dead, which was fun with two RDMs.  We breezed through things, mostly because once I looked at her stats, I realized she was maxed out +99 on weapon and armor.  Well, all rightly then!  I really like how some quest lines don't just get dropped and forgotten.  A basic "oh yeah, see that group there from Tam-Tara, don't break up like them" and seeing how the events play out through several different dungeons/instances was interesting, through to a conclusion.  At least now I can move on to the Heaven-on-High deep dungeon, which is supposed to not be as harsh and a bit more fun.  I'll see.

Patch 4.5 goes in tonight, so I'll have some more MSQ to so again.

Terracotta Army

Reply #934 on: November 05, 2018, 10:06:27 AM

Spent my weekend leveling up BRD and MCH and poked around on DRK. Amazing how fast you can level with almost all the bonuses. BRD went from 1-40 friday night into saturday. Yesterday I gave MCH a full attention thing after doing my daily roulette on DRK. Got the MCH to 50 and am starting to enjoy it. Wanted BRD for comparison. BRD dots and feels like I'm damaging more often because of it whereas MCH is just shooty shooty, watch for procs. That said, I like the guns in the game way better. BRD is sitting around 45.

DRK was pretty fun in my run thru Haukke. Scary part was the heap of XP and seals I got for 1 run. Had a new person, had the road to 60 on, had the free company xp booster on, and had food going. My napkin math at just the end of the dungoen xp rewards were about 720k. Should have screenshotted it since it was amazing at that level. Dark ended up I think at 45 as well.

Looking forward to getting into the HW MSQ with MCH this week as I am really in this just for the story.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #935 on: November 05, 2018, 01:25:58 PM

Yeah, doing runs with the FC bonus, the food bonus, the rested bonus, and is possible a roulette bonus gives some insane XP.  My FC wasn't running the XP bonus this past weekend because I think no one put it up.  We have so many people who are at max level already that having it up seems a waste, although I do like it when I'm running alt jobs.  I'm not sure if I get the road to 60 bonus anymore since I have a max level char.  Or rather, since I have a job past 60 now, which is a shame. 

I found levemetes could be handy to level with when you are waiting for the roulette to pop, but finding which zone to go to for the right level is a pain.  I look it up on Consolewiki (which I like to have open on the second monitor) but ran into the info saying the quests were level 40 (which would be fine for my level 41 DRG) but they were actually level 35, meaning I'd outleveled the max rating for them.  I did them anyways but it was frustrating.  And the other zone that actually was level 40 levemetes - had one quest go right past a nice patch of aggro level 49 mobs, which I ironically need for my hunting log. 

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #936 on: November 17, 2018, 02:26:29 PM

So the teaser for the next expansion came out yesterday at Fan Fest and it's a doozy.

ShadowBringers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxBYy1uzSqI

A lot to unpack but I was confused by the WoL's gear he was wearing at first.  Didn't realize that it was a call back to the original opening movie of the game, from even before A Realm Reborn, which was a nice touch.  Angel woman is the final boss in Amdapor and apparently so is the winged lion, but I don't remember that boss at all.

Oh, and Blue Mages will become available as a limited class (only to level 50) until after the xpac has been out for a while.  I had to ask friends what the big deal was since this is the first and only FF game I've played.  I guess they copy other abilities and can b really versitile?  I dunno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMJ3oGF2SJM

Terracotta Army

Reply #937 on: November 17, 2018, 06:32:56 PM

I played a BLU in FFXI. They were pretty damn fun given all the abilities you could get (only could slot a subset of all the ones you 'learned'). That said, some were just fuckstupid to try and learn... like bad breath.

trailer looks interesting.

Terracotta Army

Reply #938 on: November 26, 2018, 05:33:26 AM

Finally finished the first part of Heavensward (3.0). Story was pretty good and the final fight was actually pretty fun and the visuals were amazing. Nice touch on the Knights of the Round (which was my fav ability in other FF games).

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #939 on: November 27, 2018, 07:14:05 AM

Yeah, Heavensward was a really good storyline, IMO.  It helps that I like the whole Ishgardian aesthetic, too.  It'll be interesting to see what happens as we get to help rebuild the city in the upcoming patches.

I finally took the first steps into Omega last night, after finishing off (for now) a few other questlines.  I've been working on leveling up other classes/jobs and doing the roulettes.  Found that playing Dragoon is pretty fun, although I had a brief period where my armor was basically the stereotypical chainmail bikini getup.  I've started getting the more traditional dragon armor now though now that I'm level 46.  AST is still only 56.  Got my baby archer to level 21. 

I got my DRK a level as well (now 33), mostly by farming the sheep equivalent in Coerthus (because I refuse to pay for it on the market).  The farming helped me get a better feel on playing the class, even if I was solo.  I figured I'll never learn how to tank if I don't try, so I also did a few guildhests to see how it was in a group.  It was... interesting.  Mostly because people just rush off and do whatever and it gets chaotic because you have folks whoa re probably thinking "why'd the roulette drop me into a crappy guildhest?" and they rush off to just start killing things.  Even after I said I was new to tanking the first time.  After that, Just ran and tried to grab the mobs and start killing.  It certainly didn't give me any sort of feel for mob control or mechanics, but oh well.  I'll eventually venture out to do the regular roulettes, but not anytime soon.  I have other classes to level in the meantime.

Oh, and my semi-regular rant about how inventory management in this game sucks.  I have a bag and a half just dedicated to my crafting supplies (weaver) that I have to haul around with me because there are no dedicated crafting supplies storage and if I want to craft, I have to have the supplies on me.  I mean, I'm seriously thinking of getting a third retainer just to hold crafting supplies because I can't think of any other way.  I've resisted so far though, mostly because the thought of paying just so I can store things is annoying.  I keep cleaning out gear I've been holding on to "just in case" and only keeping what I've either used in the past (e.g. caster gear that I can use for BLM eventually) or for which I'm currently leveling that class (AST, DRG stuff mostly).

Terracotta Army

Reply #940 on: November 27, 2018, 12:09:40 PM

Everywhere I read how you are supposed to announce if you are new to a job or dungeon and people will understand but no where is that the case at all in dungeons recently. Healer doesn't like how slow and methodical you are going, he starts pulling.... DPS, same thing. Unnerving.

I'm main'ng RDM at the moment and really enjoying it. Finally get to actually play the job more offensively than in the FFXI days of just being a mana battery and debuffer. Also dumped a bottle of fantasia and went to being a lala which I was a taru on my very first character in FFXI so I am coming full circle.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #941 on: November 28, 2018, 07:06:38 AM

Yeah, I find myself on RDM by default lately, because it's fun to play and I don't have any "maintenance" on it - meaning I don't need to keep my aether up or summon my pet like on SMN.  I'd play it or my SAM more often but I need to seriously upgrade some gear on them.  RDM shares armor with my SMN but I haven't found an upgrade for my RDM weapon yet, so my item level is still very low 300s right now.

Also - lalas = punt!  awesome, for real

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #942 on: December 20, 2018, 09:51:17 AM

Patch 4.5 "A Requiem for Heroes" (Part 1) is slated to come out on Jan 8, which is a lot sooner than I expected for some reason.    Then Part 2 supposedly comes out in March and the new xpac is here in June already.  I'm fairly certain I won't be ready for anything by then, although I'm closer to have a few more class/jobs leveled up.

Got AST to 60, which isn't hard since healers are the second most in demand job.

Got DRG to 50 and into some decent gear finally.  I get that it's iconic and all, but the signature DRG armor is ugly on the female model, because they decided it needed a belly window for some stupid reason.  I'm in all Ironworks gear now instead, which is rather white.  And I still like the battle animations a lot, too.

MCH is 35, which means I've barely played. I still think the class will be fun, I just need to take the time to play.

ARC is BRD now that I hit 30 and have my soul stone.  I think I'm going to like the class quite a bit.

I'm getting my SAM geared up more by running roulettes on my SCH and earning tomes that way.  It's a fair bit easier as you get one job geared up, then you can move on to others and it's quicker.

For added silliness, I picked up ROG last night and got a quick 10 levels in no time.  It's been a while since I leveled a char from nothing but the ROG skills seem to have much shorter cooldowns than other classes so far.  That may or may not change as I level up more.  I did it more for a change than anything else, since I've been focusing on getting other classes leveled up to at least 50 (for roulettes) prior to the xpac release. 

I'm half considering picking up PUG too, mostly because it shares armor with the SAM and at higher levels, I'll be able to use what I already have and start getting rid of level level stuff that I've been holding on to use for when I did finally pick up PUG/MNK. 

DRK is up to 34, almost 35 because an FC-mate resubbed when news of the xpac came out.  He's someone who'd stopped playing before I started, but he picked up AST to level in order to do new (to him) content and wanted to run dungeons with the FC so if it was a disaster, he won't piss off a bunch of strangers.  I offered to tank for similar reasons and off we went.  It didn't really go well because he uses a controller and was having some targeting issues (he kept losing his target on me, so the heals wouldn't go off and I died.. a lot).  But I also got tips from a third FC-mate about tanking properly and grabbing aggro on the DRK and we improved as time went on.  The three tank classes are going to be the last ones I worry about leveling up and they'll probably level the fastest of all, since they are so in demand.

I think that between now and June, I want to have any already selected classes/jobs to 50 minimum, 60 if I'm lucky, or max 70 if I can manage it.  I'm pretty sure I'll have AST there, maybe DRG.  I'll need to put some serious effort into MCH or BRD if I want to get them to at leqast 50, but the DPS queues can take so long some days.  It's easier past 50 because more roulettes open up.

Oh, and someone on Twitter noticed that you could put the official art for "Prelude in Violet" and "A Requiem for Heroes" together into one large image. 

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #943 on: January 06, 2019, 02:48:00 AM

For sale on the official website with both expansions at 17 euros. Wow. It's stuck at 60 dollars on Steam.

https://store.eu.square-enix-games.com/it_EU/product/445774/final-fantasy-xiv-online-complete-edition-pc-download

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #944 on: January 07, 2019, 04:54:37 AM

I'd like to try this again when I'm bored, but not at $60. And when I say again, I mean more than the first 5 levels when it first came out (for the second time). Does the Complete Edition ever go on sale here in the states?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn  
Jump to: