Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:40:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 7: It's the Final Countdown! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Day 7: It's the Final Countdown!  (Read 38517 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: April 19, 2013, 07:09:15 PM

Alrighty. last day of the regular season, after this we go into the high-octane drama that is the Playoffs and the Failoffs.

To remind youall how this works, the top four in each division go through to a Playoff tournament and the bottom four go into the Failoffs. These will be separate leagues so once the league is over, you will need to quit Season 7 and then join one of the two new leagues. These are both 16 team knockout events so you will play one, two or three matches depending on your progress. I will try and set them up using Falc's template.

Battletech = 40k
Cthulhu = Hail Caesar
Stormbringer = Hordes
Twilight 2000 = Tamurkhan

This structure works for both the Playoffs and the Failoffs.

Ties are handled as follows:
Head to head results (in the case of a 3 or more way tie, all points from matches between the involved coaches are counted)
TD Difference
TDs against
The caring hand of Nuffle (I will randomise based on some verifiable future event).

Here are your day 6 results:

And the day 7 fixtures:

The deadline for these games is Tuesday 30th April. Please do your best to get them done in time.

Rankings:

Playoff spots are locked in, Ulysees can go for a perfect score but there's nothing else but pride to play for in this division.

Hail Caesar

Ramas and Ruvaldt are safe but the last two playoff spots are still up for grabs. Avaia and Haemish can book their places with a win regardless of the other results. Beyond that it gets murky with a potential three way tie if Gruntle beats Haemish and Jasper beats Gort. If that happened then Gruntle (4 points) would win, Haemish (3 points) would be second and Jasper (1 point) would come third. Jasper can still make it if he wins vs Gort and either Haemish or Ramas win their games though. If Avaia loses he can be out of the playoffs if Gruntle and Jasper both score wins, plus there's another potential three way tie if both of those coaches draw their games.

Hordes

Nothing to see here. Playoffs are already decided, only the order can change.

Tamurkhan

Lamaros and I are through, the last two spots have 4 teams chasing them though. All four coaches are playing each other too which makes the last day particularly interesting. The winners of Proudft v Ezrast and Ingmar v R3dknight will go through. If there are any draws though it gets a bit more complex. If R3dknight draws he is through, Ingmar needs to beat him to take a playoff spot. If R3dknight loses and the Proudft v Ezrast game is a draw then there is a 3 way tie for fourth which R3dknight would win with 4 points over Proudft (2 points) and Ezrast (1 point).

If the Proudft v Ezrast match ends in a draw then we will in fact have to resort to the randomiser as both teams have the same TD difference and the same number of TDs against.

BB Manager stats:

« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 07:19:56 PM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 07:14:27 PM

That's a lot of deaths.   ACK!
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 07:20:39 PM

Yeah it's been a brutal season this time around.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 07:35:16 PM

Yay Playoffs!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Boo that I'll more than likely get stomped into oblivion on my first match  ACK!

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 09:06:55 PM

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
willisterman
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 12:02:01 AM

Drogg, I think currently you are 9 hours earlier than me.  That means either an early morning game for me, 6-7AM being 9-10PM for you, or an evening game for me, morning game for you.  5-9PM BST, 8am-12noon GMT -8.  The latter is easier for me, and as it's the weekend, hopefully that'll be good for you too?

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 01:47:11 AM

Megrim,

I'm in UK, when you looking to play?

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 02:13:04 AM

Fildigar, since I'm gmt+2 and I assume you are pst (or est) it will probably have to be during this weekend or some (late) night for you (and early wake for me which means I need a day or two time to schedule it but it's doable on any day except Monday morning for me). If I'm on steam (and not set to busy) then I'm available to play.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 06:30:10 AM

Modern Angle, I'm available the next few hours, then will be available most of Sunday (I'm GMT +1, keep in mind).  Let me know when is best for you.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 08:07:16 AM

Papa Nurgle shared with me his dream.  He wants a rotter named Cheddar Persille.  Unfortunately, said rat lacks the required strength to be a rotter.  I did not share this news.  Papa also wished regeneration would FUCKING WORK ONCE IN A WHILE, but that is out of our hands.

When can the Ermine ones come out and play?
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 09:04:01 AM

2-0 loss for me to end a painful season. You know it's gonna be a fun game when it starts with a blitz that let's your opponent get a player under the ball and when a player dies on turn 2 (apo'ed to mng). The highlight of the second half was that Fildrigar actually had 12 players on the field...
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 09:11:33 AM

Can one of you upload that game to BBManager please?

Fildrigar
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 09:13:26 AM

I don't know how to post that nice results page, but I finally won a game. I ended up with 12 players on the pitch during the second half.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 09:23:56 AM

Do you have BBManager installed (you should)? Upload the game to there and then in the details window you can go to the Match report tab and choose one of the image options from the dropdown at the top. Copy/paste the URL into image tags here to post it.

Edit, I see it has been uploaded. Double click on your game and you'll get the details in a separate window.

Edit edit: For the 12 player bug, the usual thing if you notice it before kickoff is to move one of your players to a corner and leave him there for the rest of the drive.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 09:26:50 AM by IainC »

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 20, 2013, 10:39:28 AM

Papa Nurgle shared with me his dream.  He wants a rotter named Cheddar Persille.  Unfortunately, said rat lacks the required strength to be a rotter.  I did not share this news. 

If you let cheddar score 8 times, then have nurgle petition muffle for a double six, then wait till we face each other again, this dream could come true!

Will pm you once I know when I'm free this week.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 11:50:37 AM

3-0 HHB over Keep Rolling!  willisterman fought bravely and largely kept up tit-for-tat with my KOs/injuries, but my speed and experience eventually won the day.  highlights:  i KOed morg - serves him right! - and somehow i made two passes, including a td pass.  SKINK PASSING HEROES

Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 12:36:57 PM

Falc MAKE YOUR TIME for a polite game of keepaway!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I am GMT-7 so a weekend game is probably appropriate...
z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 20, 2013, 12:57:59 PM

That's a lot of deaths.   ACK!

I'm pretty sure 80% of all of the deaths in division 2 were suffered by my team, ... in the first 3 games! I think I've gone through an entire cycle of Black Orcs, and maybe a couple more!!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 20, 2013, 01:02:22 PM

Jaded Jasper, when would you like your Skaven killing machine to slay 3 more of my Black Orcs?  I'm GMT-5, EST USA.

My preferences, best to worst, are:
- Tomorrow evening, Sunday the 21: 7pm - 10pm
- Mon: 7pm - 10pm
- Tues: 7pm - 10pm
- Thurs: 7pm - 10pm
- Fri: 10am - 4pm

I predict a 6-0 loss for me. I have zero way of stopping Skaven Gutters. Not even Morgy Thorgy is good at preventing them from scoring, and he barely has any chance at knocking them over!!   Eek!
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #19 on: April 20, 2013, 04:41:14 PM

Modern Angle, I'm available the next few hours, then will be available most of Sunday (I'm GMT +1, keep in mind).  Let me know when is best for you.

Fuck him up Brocktoon!

FUCK HIM UP
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: April 20, 2013, 04:55:41 PM

We're playing tomorrow. I'll try. My team is awfully, awfully torn up right now.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: April 20, 2013, 06:10:59 PM

The Skaven and Underworld work out the cobwebs before the finals, neither side sustaining any injuries that will harm their cause. Fit rosters are ready to go!

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #22 on: April 20, 2013, 06:50:13 PM

What a game! I was alternately about to FLIP ALL THE TABLES and then had my heart in my mouth while my team pulled off perfectly choreographed bullshit.

I won the toss and made Lamaros receive first. He got the ball, held it back and started bashing to no particular effect. I put a bit of pressure on the ball by moving a couple of Gutter Runners around into his half, then pushed back without achieving much. This continued for a bit but the Underworld team were the only side with Block and this started to make a difference with several Rats including Secretly A Unicorn being knocked out in the first few turns. Best formed a proper cage and started to fight their way down towards the touchline. Eventually they made it to the end and castled up until their last turn when they walked it over to start the scoreboard ticking. We set back up for my last turn and Lamaros had a panic when the ref added a turn due to a riot. I moved some Rats forwards to act as receivers, grabbed the ball and prepared for a Wood Elf play in my next turn. The Underworld marked everyone up and waited to see if I could make a bunch of D6 rolls. I blitzed a dodge path for a Gutter Runner - he was still marked but at Agi 5 and with Catch I was reasonably happy about him making a catch under pressure - then I moved my thrower up. At the limit of his regular move he had a 4+ pass but if I made a GfI that went to a 3+ and naturally he had pass so a 75% chance of completion went to 87%. I not only failed the GfI but also injured the thrower in the process. That was the end of the first half.

For the second half, I was down to 9 players versus a full 11 Underworlders although Secretly A Unicorn took one out immediately. I was holding the ball back to get a good hand-off and run play going as I couldn't realistically hold a cage together with the unskilled Linerats and Str 2 Gutter Runners that I had available to me. Next turn I had a clear Gutter Runner within range so I moved Let Me Show You My Fursuit up next to a Linerat for cover in case I fumbled the 3+ pass with an AGI5 Gutter Runner and then fumbled the pass, burnt a reroll and fumbled it all over again. The Underworld mobbed the ball and pushed the rats away but couldn't pick it up themselves. I pushed a Goblin onto the ball to knock it out of the press of Underworlders, dodged a Rat away and then fluffed the pickup. This time the Underworld took no chances, flattening all the Rats in range before picking the ball up and running it down to hand it off to a Goblin. Despite the best efforts of the Underworld I did manage to get a Gutter Runner blitz on the ball but only managed a push. Next turn the Underworld rescued their ball carrier and took it over the line to go 2-0 up with four turns to go.

This time both teams were short of players although I still had the worse end of it with 8 players on the pitch to the Underworld's 10. Again though I managed to injure another one in my first turn to even the numbers a bit. I had nothing to do except push guys forwards and hope that there was someone worth passing to on my next turn. The Underworld did what they could, but after a strategic block, I had a handoff to a marked Gutter Runner who then needed to make a dodge and a GfI to score. Much to my surprise that worked and I was now back in reach of a draw at least.

The fourth drive started with only two turns each on the clock. Secretly a Unicorn was injured by the Troll who managed to KO himself in the process. After a bit of deliberation I decided to use my Apothecary to keep the Rat Ogre in the game which turned out to be pointless in the end. The Underworld then went for a pass to put the game out of reach but fluffed the catch deep in my half and on my very last turn I was able to just about get my Sure Hands Gutter Runner to the ball, pick it up, throw it past a couple of Underworlders and catch it with a marked Gutter Runner who then dodged away and scored to tie the game at the bitter end. There was one more Underworld turn to play but without their Troll they had no 1 turn TD to play for so they contented themselves with beating the crap out of the sacrificial Line Rats and that was the match.

z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 20, 2013, 09:29:37 PM

Jaded Jasper, when would you like your Skaven killing machine to slay 3 more of my Black Orcs?  I'm GMT-5, EST USA.

I predict a 6-0 loss for me. I have zero way of stopping Skaven Gutters. Not even Morgy Thorgy is good at preventing them from scoring, and he barely has any chance at knocking them over!!   Eek!

Jasper, it's best that we don't play tomorrow. I have to go to a birthday party and I'm unsure of my return time.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: April 20, 2013, 11:37:35 PM

Megrim,

I'm in UK, when you looking to play?

Oh, should point out that I have this week off work, so can be very flexible. Next week I'm away on holiday, so need to get this played this week.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 20, 2013, 11:53:47 PM

Jasper, it's best that we don't play tomorrow. I have to go to a birthday party and I'm unsure of my return time.
How about Monday at 6pm PST, 9pm EST?

I'm predicting another tie, as that's just the way this season has gone.  Just enough good luck to offset my tactical screw ups, and just enough bad luck to set me back when I play well.

Though, that said, Black Orc is a Skaven delicacy, like a sort of pungeant and meaty vegetable, best when not overripe.  Hard to come by normally, so perhaps the lads will be inspired by the opportunity!
z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: April 21, 2013, 08:39:40 AM

I'm predicting another tie, as that's just the way this season has gone.  Just enough good luck to offset my tactical screw ups, and just enough bad luck to set me back when I play well.

Though, that said, Black Orc is a Skaven delicacy, like a sort of pungeant and meaty vegetable, best when not overripe.  Hard to come by normally, so perhaps the lads will be inspired by the opportunity!

9pm EST is on, but I'll be trading all of my Black Orcs for GOBLINS!
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 21, 2013, 11:51:06 AM

Modern, I'm a bit delayed by stopping in a bar with several polish women who need to give me their number.  Things are going well, but are delaying me from getting home.  I should be home within another 45 minutes or so.  Unless things go really bad, or really good.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 21, 2013, 12:40:45 PM

And he was never seen again.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: April 21, 2013, 01:51:18 PM

awesome, for real

Game played!  Tough match.  Draw with no permanent injuries.  Just couldn't quite overcome his bashyness.  He also had over ONE MILLION GOLD (/DrEvil) in inducements, which hurt a bit.

But on the plus side, I got 3 phone numbers from cute girls, including the number of a polish college student (philosophy major) whom some Texan douche bag English teacher brought with him to the bar.  He sat next to me, and proceeded to go off on California, AND my accent, for awhile.  Though he kept getting a bitter look on his face when the polish girl kept mentioning how nice California sounded.  Then he went to go stand in line for the bathroom.  During the time it took him, I managed to get his cute polish girls number and promise to meet up for drinks and dinner later this week.  So I really don't care about the results of this match anyways!   why so serious?

« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 03:26:51 PM by Teleku »

-Stephen Colbert
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: April 21, 2013, 02:05:48 PM

Teleku has a gameplan and, by god, he sticks to it. With the SPP differential, it really was going to take some luck on my side to actually pull it out, preferably in the form of failed dodges as he set up his away from the ball marking. I started slowly getting those in the second half, but the first half was a story of just not being able to break through because the elf dodging was SO GOOD.

Even then, I very nearly scored. In fact, I would have scored on turn 8 if I'd handed the ball off to Morg instead of a dwarf; the dwarf promptly failed his GFI roll in the endzone, of course. I mean, I wanted the SPP, but I really should have wanted the win more. Really kicking myself.

I'm happy with a draw, though. Teleku is an extremely disciplined player. Hard to break down.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #31 on: April 21, 2013, 02:27:17 PM

Nifty Helmets 2 - Zellar Dwellarz 1

This game was lost as much because of how badly my team got hurt in that game with Ruvaldt as with anything else. Even 2 games ago, the losses I took there were pretty major. One less high level gutter runner would have made a difference because Gruntle definitely targeted the runners on the field and as a result they spent most of the game down, KO'ed or injured. Though I did give him 2 injuries (1 lingering injury on someone), he gave me 3 and by the 2nd half, I had 3 rats on the pitch. When he scored his final TD, it was after 2 turns of us both just ending the turn with no actions because I had nothing I could do without risking injuring another rat. Skaven bullshit was constantly shortcut by brute force as I feared.

Well-played game on his part that I just could never get a good foothold in after my first score.

Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: April 21, 2013, 03:16:28 PM

9pm EST is on, but I'll be trading all of my Black Orcs for GOBLINS!
Damn, goblins are considerably less tasty; no more filling than an hors d'oeurve either.

On the other hand they're much less likely to bash a rat's face in, so I'm just fine with you switching to an all Goblin line!  Well, provided it doesn't come with a Chainsaw and another Troll.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: April 21, 2013, 03:17:44 PM

Teleku has a gameplan and, by god, he sticks to it.
Aye, Teleku 3 - Texan english teacher -1.
Danicia
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: April 21, 2013, 06:50:26 PM

Lightfax,

I'm on Pacific time aka -8GMT. I've got heaps of time to play, so lemme know a good time for you and we'll sort it from there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 7: It's the Final Countdown!  
Jump to: