Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:06:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 7: It's the Final Countdown! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Day 7: It's the Final Countdown!  (Read 38581 times)
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #35 on: April 21, 2013, 07:13:18 PM

Teleku has a gameplan and, by god, he sticks to it.
Aye, Teleku 3 - Texan english teacher -1.

Heart I gotta get to Poland in the near future  awesome, for real

Edit: Luckton my internet is on the fritz but should be all fixed up by today. I'm GMT +9 so yeah weekends are probably best time for your norseman to be crushed on my way to topping Hordes Division  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 08:59:42 PM by Llyse »
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #36 on: April 21, 2013, 11:33:13 PM

Insatiable 2 - 0 The Camp-town Ork Boyz

rep uploaded

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: April 22, 2013, 03:17:11 AM

I think that means the only issue left in div 2 is whether Avaia steals Haemish's playoff berth, for which he needs a win. Gruntle's win means he is in and Jasper is out.

I think.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #38 on: April 22, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

I think that means the only issue left in div 2 is whether Avaia steals Haemish's playoff berth, for which he needs a win. Gruntle's win means he is in and Jasper is out.

I think.

Yes, If Jasper wins and Avaia loses or draws, there's a three way tie for third and fourth and Jasper comes last in that. If Avaia wins then Haemish and Jasper are both headed to the Failoffs.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #39 on: April 22, 2013, 06:00:04 AM

Sjofn, the only weekdays I'll be able to play are Monday and Thursday.  If not then, it'll need to be next weekend.  We're only two hours off though so it shouldn't be a huge deal.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #40 on: April 22, 2013, 10:43:19 AM

We have kendo practice Mon/Thurs so I suspect that rules out you two playing until the weekend.

RK: I'm free evenings California time on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, then all day Saturday. Would have tried to grab you this weekend but I was booked pretty solid.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #41 on: April 22, 2013, 12:45:32 PM

Hey, I coulda answered myself!

But yeah those two days are kendo, and we leave for that around 8:30 your time. And honestly I would rather not be a ball of rage when I go, so the weekend would be better. ;)

God Save the Horn Players
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #42 on: April 22, 2013, 12:58:30 PM

Really?  I'd think that would be the perfect time for kendo.  Getting pissed off during Blood Bowl and turning that aggression into brutal sword beatings against Ingmar could be very cathartic.   DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Anyway.  Sounds good to me.  I'm free anytime on the weekends.  Your best chance to catch me unaware is on Saturday; I'm often hung over.   awesome, for real

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #43 on: April 22, 2013, 01:49:47 PM

Ingmar and I aren't in the armor yet, so I'd be taking it out on people who don't deserve it.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: April 22, 2013, 04:36:40 PM

Ingmar and I aren't in the armor yet, so I'd be taking it out on people who don't deserve it.  why so serious?

BunnyFu, I love it!
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: April 22, 2013, 05:48:15 PM

I think.

Yes, If Jasper wins and Avaia loses or draws, there's a three way tie for third and fourth and Jasper comes last in that. If Avaia wins then Haemish and Jasper are both headed to the Failoffs.
I thought the tie breaker was TD differential?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: April 22, 2013, 05:49:29 PM

First one is head-to-head, then TD diff, I believe.

Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: April 22, 2013, 05:53:48 PM

Ah, nevermind, I see it now.  Haemish both won and lost (3 pts), Gruntle won and tied (4 pts), and I lost and tied (1pt).

Drat!  Probably safer in the failoffs anyway. :-/
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: April 22, 2013, 06:10:01 PM

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: April 22, 2013, 06:15:05 PM

Also, first time ever a Bombardier Star Player was useful, taking out the back half of a cage.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #50 on: April 22, 2013, 06:21:31 PM

Ah, nevermind, I see it now.  Haemish both won and lost (3 pts), Gruntle won and tied (4 pts), and I lost and tied (1pt).

Drat!  Probably safer in the failoffs anyway. :-/

Almost making it into the majors is great work. Keep it up!

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #51 on: April 22, 2013, 06:43:38 PM

So even I lose, I make the play-off or something?  awesome, for real
Ingmar, we can try in 10 hours or maybe weekend. I'm GMT+8
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 06:46:15 PM by rk47 »

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: April 22, 2013, 07:40:16 PM

Understone Raiders 1 - Blitzburg Brewers 0.

A crazy match.  The Brewers received and swiftly took 6 players off the field, but lost the ball after a breakthrough dash by their Thrower, leaving the raiders an outside chance to run the length of the field for a score.  That failed though, and in the ensuing scramble Raiders were /just/ barely able to prevent a Brewer score in the first half.

In the second half the Raiders started with 6 vs. 11, facing a perfect defense, a failed pickup on a deep kick, and soon were without any Runners on the field.  Somehow, miracously, with the aid of a few bad Blitzburg rolls and some lateral movement and despite a failed hand off they managed to break away for the endzone and stall for a turn 16 TD with just one rat standing.

The clock was then setback with the Raiders only fielding 5 players, but the Brewers were unable to convert on a Troll Toss.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #53 on: April 22, 2013, 07:43:39 PM

Yes. If you win or draw you come third, if you lose you come fourth as you beat both Proudft and Ezrast in the triple tie-break.

Ezrast and Proudft, your tie break will be as follows. The next one of you to post below may call Odd or Even. If neither of you post in time then I'll arbitrarily give Ezrast odd and Proudft even.

Tonight (Tuesday 23rd April) the first ball listed in the Euromillions lottery draw will determine who wins the tie. The result will be shown here once the draw is made. To be clear, the 'first ball' means the first listed on that page (in numerical order) and not the first one out of the machine.

Note that if R3dknight loses against Ingmar then the tiebreak changes because it is now a three way tie. R3dknight has 4 points (beat Ezrast, drew with Proudft), Proudft has 2 points (drew with both R3dknight and Ezrast) and Ezrast has 1 point (drew with Proudft, lost to R3dknight) so in that case, R3dknight comes fourth in the division, Proudft comes 5th and Ezrast comes in at 6th.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 07:57:22 PM by IainC »

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: April 22, 2013, 07:49:31 PM

Even, I guess. If you're sure we can't decide our match based on a halfling-off.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: April 22, 2013, 08:04:22 PM

If you're sure we can't decide our match based on a halfling-off.

OMG THIS!   Much better than Lottery Heart

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #56 on: April 22, 2013, 08:18:48 PM

Missed your message on steam Luckton but I'll be looking for vengeance after the Masters injuries you inflicted  awesome, for real
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: April 22, 2013, 08:27:35 PM

I'm odd? What are you saying?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #58 on: April 22, 2013, 08:35:07 PM

Would you guys rather play a Halflings game? New teams, no treemen. Must be played before the end of the current match day. If so let me know before the lottery draw and you can have that as your tiebreak instead.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: April 22, 2013, 08:52:53 PM

Just so we're clear, that was just a one-off comment by me; I didn't confer with proudft about it or anything. No pressure on proudft to accept a last-minute rules changeup.

But I'm totally down for it, if he's not too scared.
z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: April 22, 2013, 09:38:37 PM

Understone Raiders 1 - Blitzburg Brewers 0.

A crazy match.  The Brewers received and swiftly took 6 players off the field, but lost the ball after a breakthrough dash by their Thrower, leaving the raiders an outside chance to run the length of the field for a score.  That failed though, and in the ensuing scramble Raiders were /just/ barely able to prevent a Brewer score in the first half.

In the second half the Raiders started with 6 vs. 11, facing a perfect defense, a failed pickup on a deep kick, and soon were without any Runners on the field.  Somehow, miracously, with the aid of a few bad Blitzburg rolls and some lateral movement and despite a failed hand off they managed to break away for the endzone and stall for a turn 16 TD with just one rat standing.

The clock was then setback with the Raiders only fielding 5 players, but the Brewers were unable to convert on a Troll Toss.

Live by the Goblin, die by the Goblin!  I hired Bomber Dribblesnot and when he cooperated he was a gamebreaker. When he didn't cooperate he was, again, a gamebreaker!!  Early in his reign he wiped out a bunch of Ratlings, then I relied on him too much and he bombed one of my Black Orcs and then himself!  Nuffle sure finds a way to even out. Early in the game I was up at least 2 players to 1, but late in the game I rolled countless straight 1s in an stream of epic failures that Jasper capitalized on and scored in 2 turns, with ... 2 rats?  Maybe 4 but most were on the turf!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: April 22, 2013, 10:12:50 PM

10 hours from your post is 4 am for me. Weekend sounds best but I will keep an eye out.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: April 22, 2013, 10:17:16 PM

Just so we're clear, that was just a one-off comment by me; I didn't confer with proudft about it or anything. No pressure on proudft to accept a last-minute rules changeup.

But I'm totally down for it, if he's not too scared.

Haha, I just was informed of this by Ingmar.  Um, I think I'll take the 50/50 odds of the lottery over the 50/50 odds of the stupid halflings.   (Plus, Ingmar is going to win anyway... right Ingmar?)

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: April 22, 2013, 10:21:28 PM

You need to be more concerned about the humans who might forfeit due to time differences, internet problems and power outages.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: April 22, 2013, 10:22:59 PM

At this point I have no idea; I had high expectations of playing a bunch of matches getting to use inducements to make up for my relative inexperience with Necromantic teams and my undeveloped players, so basically nothing at all has gone as expected this season!

My plan is to win though, yes, and now that RK is automatically in the playoffs maybe he'll play super defensively to protect himself from the power of SINIJ.  why so serious?

EDIT: If it comes down to it I could possibly do an alarm clock game; I don't think a forfeit would be good since it has a direct effect on the playoff picture and it isn't your fault you live in a cave on the Kamchatka Peninsula with bears and stuff. Or whatever that time zone is. If I have to play at 4-5 am though I am probably going to have a harder time playing well.  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 10:25:24 PM by Ingmar »

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: April 22, 2013, 10:24:26 PM

I'm always trying to maintain my unbeaten streak.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: April 22, 2013, 10:24:53 PM

To be honest I wasn't super-excited about an extraneous halfling game either. But since I put it out there I sure as fuck wasn't going to be the one to back down!  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: April 22, 2013, 10:26:05 PM

Anyone who played in the all-snotling league knows just how unfun that game would end up being.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: April 22, 2013, 10:37:01 PM

Anyone who played in the all-snotling league knows just how unfun that game would end up being.

SidestepSidestepSidestep
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: April 23, 2013, 12:39:28 AM

Carnifex checked my schedule and am going to be busy until Monday 29th or Tuesday 30th - I seem to recall that you work funny hours so evening UK time are actually viable for you to do so can you play either of those days next week? If not then given that it's my lack of availability that is the issue (damn being an outfit lead on PS2 and having so much shit going off this week) then I am prepared to foreit my match.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 02:40:03 AM by Ulysees »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 7: It's the Final Countdown!  
Jump to: